Have you ever walked out on the job?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 05-13-2013, 10:59 PM         #61
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 606robin said:
I've walked out on two back in High School. The job I just started last Thursday sucks a.ss. I get a call from the owner, saying liked your resume blah blah would like to offer you the position (Warehouse employee) I respond "Cool, can I ask a few questions? What is the pay for this position? He says 9.50 an hour, I was like "Cool" I was looking for full-time work while taking a few classes online. He says the job, is not heavy. Just small furniture, home decor etc needing to be loaded and unloaded. I thought $9.50?? Ehh whatever needed a job and am waiting on others to call. Dude then says can I come to work right after the phone call, he begins to tell me he purchased a new warehouse and needs help. I'm like "Sure..." not wanting to go, as I was working on my truck. Yet, head there anyway. I arrive at his new place at 10:00am, he doesn't show up till 10:45am. He rolls up in Mercedes, and calls me an tells me to come in.

The warehouse is empty and pretty beat up. It used to be an old GE plastic plant, so you can see the wear and tear of the hot vapors being released on the pipes etc. The warehouse is somewhat about half full, with these big rugs in the corner (about 50 or so), a whole bunch of boxes etc, and tarps and sh*t. I'm sitting there with the ready to work attitude. He sit's there playing on his phone for "15 mins" and then looks up and says "Can you grab those tarps (at the other end of the warehouse), and throw them over all the boxes, and furniture and rugs? The roof is f'd up and it's about to storm"

I look at him and say "Yessir" and ask when are the other employees coming? He says "Just you today" I look at the 200 or so boxes and furniture like

So for 3.5 hours, I just lifted furniture and sh*t. An he randomly came in, and said "WE" will finish this tomorrow. I thought I was gonna get 8 hours in, but sike smh

Next day, I work in the office. Pulling inventory and packing boxes and learning how to check orders, confirm orders. Listen, I appreciate a "JOB" I honestly do, but having some middle eastern/indian dude making you do every job under his operation for the basic pay at UPS. Is some BS

Back to the story, I'm in that bi*ch in dress shirt jeans. Somewhat sweating pulling orders ETC his inventory room has no AC, and I'm following a chick who's either a senior in HS or maybe a year or two younger than myself.

Explaining how their is no order of inventory, meaning every number is out of place. The room is the size of a large a.ss game-room. With stuff stacked on racks, all out of place. I do this for about 4 hours, and am told to head to the Warehouse where I worked yesterday, my boss is like I'll be there in a few. Mind you I have no key smh. I arrive around 2:45pm, sit in my truck till 3:32pm. Then he tells me to finish up the warehouse. Carrying pallet after pallet by hand,dropping that sh*t. Having to locate boxes etc place them on pallets etc.

I hate my current job
all that for 9 bucks a hr..sheittttttttttt

i rather flip burgers
 5 years ago '06        #62
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 A.G said:
My first job out of school I got hired to do work on a big project at one of the biggest research hospitals in the country.

The pay was decent (~$45/hour for part time work), and I worked there for like 1 year.. But the Principal Investigator was a fu*king c*cksucker.

Slowly but surely, he kept increasing my workload to the point where I was working 6 days a week (and still getting paid for 3 days due to the job being in a unionized environment). It came to the point where I was basically running the project, yet not getting any credit or compensation for it.. Yet this PI was using me to propel himself into a higher position with the administration at the hospital and in a tenure position at the affiliated university.

So I basically gave him an ultimatum that either I'd get my fair share & my credit, or I was gone (and I was overqualified for the job anyways). So he basically tried to brush it off and act like because I didn't have any other options at the time, that he could do whatever he wanted. So he just told me to fu*k off.

I quit at that moment. Didn't give him any chance to find a replacement..

1 month later I found another job managing my own team, making way more money, and basically being able to do what I want on a day to day basis.

While his project fell into limbo for a couple of years and he still doesn't have anything substantial come of it.
my n*gga
 5 years ago '06        #63
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 606robin said:
I've walked out on two back in High School. The job I just started last Thursday sucks a.ss. I get a call from the owner, saying liked your resume blah blah would like to offer you the position (Warehouse employee) I respond "Cool, can I ask a few questions? What is the pay for this position? He says 9.50 an hour, I was like "Cool" I was looking for full-time work while taking a few classes online. He says the job, is not heavy. Just small furniture, home decor etc needing to be loaded and unloaded. I thought $9.50?? Ehh whatever needed a job and am waiting on others to call. Dude then says can I come to work right after the phone call, he begins to tell me he purchased a new warehouse and needs help. I'm like "Sure..." not wanting to go, as I was working on my truck. Yet, head there anyway. I arrive at his new place at 10:00am, he doesn't show up till 10:45am. He rolls up in Mercedes, and calls me an tells me to come in.

The warehouse is empty and pretty beat up. It used to be an old GE plastic plant, so you can see the wear and tear of the hot vapors being released on the pipes etc. The warehouse is somewhat about half full, with these big rugs in the corner (about 50 or so), a whole bunch of boxes etc, and tarps and sh*t. I'm sitting there with the ready to work attitude. He sit's there playing on his phone for "15 mins" and then looks up and says "Can you grab those tarps (at the other end of the warehouse), and throw them over all the boxes, and furniture and rugs? The roof is f'd up and it's about to storm"

I look at him and say "Yessir" and ask when are the other employees coming? He says "Just you today" I look at the 200 or so boxes and furniture like

So for 3.5 hours, I just lifted furniture and sh*t. An he randomly came in, and said "WE" will finish this tomorrow. I thought I was gonna get 8 hours in, but sike smh

Next day, I work in the office. Pulling inventory and packing boxes and learning how to check orders, confirm orders. Listen, I appreciate a "JOB" I honestly do, but having some middle eastern/indian dude making you do every job under his operation for the basic pay at UPS. Is some BS

Back to the story, I'm in that bi*ch in dress shirt jeans. Somewhat sweating pulling orders ETC his inventory room has no AC, and I'm following a chick who's either a senior in HS or maybe a year or two younger than myself.

Explaining how their is no order of inventory, meaning every number is out of place. The room is the size of a large a.ss game-room. With stuff stacked on racks, all out of place. I do this for about 4 hours, and am told to head to the Warehouse where I worked yesterday, my boss is like I'll be there in a few. Mind you I have no key smh. I arrive around 2:45pm, sit in my truck till 3:32pm. Then he tells me to finish up the warehouse. Carrying pallet after pallet by hand,dropping that sh*t. Having to locate boxes etc place them on pallets etc.

I hate my current job
I would be suspect about this job when he said I can work on the same day hired...
 5 years ago '11        #64
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,932 | Props total: 1075 1075
I worked at a hookah bar... had my day off Came in the next day and my name wasnt on the sched

I got fired..... On my day off

Worked at this warehouse printing billboard posters for movies and sh*t... Made me not want to see a few movies i saw those damn posters so much....

Basically them come off the printer we had to fold the edges and then fold them up and stuff them into boxes...

I worked there for about two months when i was 18.... 6 am to 6 pm just folding up big a.ss lapband, scion, and movie posters... Felt like i had no life... But when i got that first check... For 1200+ i wasnt complaining... But looking back on it... I woke up at 5 got to work at six got home by 630 if traffic was light... Smoked a blunt and then went to sleep to wake up to go back to work... sh*t took a toll on me and i forgot what the outside world was about cause a n*gga aint have time to do sh*t... I finally got a day off after about a week n a half of working 6 to 6

Around 4 oclock the manager called in and said you wanna come in for a 6pm to 6 am shift... I laughed and told him i needed some sleep... At the time i was just being honest its not like he told me to come in he asked if i wanted to... Needless to say i got that last check and aint heard from him since

I love my job now... tho
 5 years ago '08        #65
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,683 | Props total: 3423 3423
Well Friday is gonna be my last day, at the piece of sh*t wherehouse. Tell me why the whole day me and some Mexican took down walls and sh*t. Clean etc WTF n*gga for 9.50 its cool im out Friday.
 5 years ago '10        #66
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1617 1617
 606robin said:
Well Friday is gonna be my last day, at the piece of sh*t wherehouse. Tell me why the whole day me and some Mexican took down walls and sh*t. Clean etc WTF n*gga for 9.50 its cool im out Friday.
Yeah I don't go for that sh*t...too much labor for $9.50 fu*k that!
 5 years ago '08        #67
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
 dreamvillain said:
Yeah I don't go for that sh*t...too much labor for $9.50 fu*k that!
Brother let me tell you my story today.....

I wake up sore as hell from Monday. All day monday my a.ss moved all the 200+ boxes I had set up on pallets, I pulled and dropped by my damn hands(got gloves now, kept leaving in truck smh ) did that for 3.5 hours and ol girl who was working inventory back in the office came out to """""""Help""""""" me. <------ Yes there is a reason I did that much inference on "Help"

She comes out and starts asking me what she needs to do. I hit her with the "I don't know, what did Sam tell you?" she replies "He wanted me to ask you" I'm just like WTF, I know for sure this 98-110 hispanic female ain't about to be lifting sh*t, I know damn well she gonna complain about the heat, the lighting etc.

I just say "Grab a dolly, and move the boxes where I'm heading to." She's like "Ok"
I'm over there in the place, putting work like a pro.(5-10 boxes every minute) I look over at her and she's over in the section struggling

I take a minute away from my work and tell her "Yo, just forget about it this ain't for you. Go check on orders over there. I got you"

She says "Thank you" and heads to the trailer section or orders with AC blazing

My a.ss sits there grabbing pallets and boxes and about 4.5 hours in, the bosses friend appears with a "Pallet Jack" he says some gay sh*t like "Heard you may need this buddy" (Indian dudes) I give him that white boy voice "Thanks BROOO"

The day goes on and becomes more and more sh*ttier, I clock out about 7.25 hours done. As I'm leaving the owner say's tomorrow (Today) I would be helping Carlos. I was like WHO THE fu*k IS CARLOS??! That will be the next story. I just didn't feel like writing it. Indians love working black folks like the southerners did blacks

Last edited by 606robin; 05-14-2013 at 11:01 PM..
 05-15-2013, 07:33 PM         #68
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 606robin said:
Brother let me tell you my story today.....

I wake up sore as hell from Monday. All day monday my a.ss moved all the 200+ boxes I had set up on pallets, I pulled and dropped by my damn hands(got gloves now, kept leaving in truck smh ) did that for 3.5 hours and ol girl who was working inventory back in the office came out to """""""Help""""""" me. <------ Yes there is a reason I did that much inference on "Help"

She comes out and starts asking me what she needs to do. I hit her with the "I don't know, what did Sam tell you?" she replies "He wanted me to ask you" I'm just like WTF, I know for sure this 98-110 hispanic female ain't about to be lifting sh*t, I know damn well she gonna complain about the heat, the lighting etc.

I just say "Grab a dolly, and move the boxes where I'm heading to." She's like "Ok"
I'm over there in the place, putting work like a pro.(5-10 boxes every minute) I look over at her and she's over in the section struggling

I take a minute away from my work and tell her "Yo, just forget about it this ain't for you. Go check on orders over there. I got you"

She says "Thank you" and heads to the trailer section or orders with AC blazing

My a.ss sits there grabbing pallets and boxes and about 4.5 hours in, the bosses friend appears with a "Pallet Jack" he says some gay sh*t like "Heard you may need this buddy" (Indian dudes) I give him that white boy voice "Thanks BROOO"

The day goes on and becomes more and more sh*ttier, I clock out about 7.25 hours done. As I'm leaving the owner say's tomorrow (Today) I would be helping Carlos. I was like WHO THE fu*k IS CARLOS??! That will be the next story. I just didn't feel like writing it. Indians love working black folks like the southerners did blacks
blk girl i know works for indians that own a hotel.....he hate it

but dog fu*k that, u shouldnt do that sh*t man....itll take years off ur life
 5 years ago '06        #69
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,277 | Props total: 184 184
 I k!ll TREES said:
I worked at a hookah bar... had my day off Came in the next day and my name wasnt on the sched

I got fired..... On my day off

Worked at this warehouse printing billboard posters for movies and sh*t... Made me not want to see a few movies i saw those damn posters so much....

Basically them come off the printer we had to fold the edges and then fold them up and stuff them into boxes...

I worked there for about two months when i was 18.... 6 am to 6 pm just folding up big a.ss lapband, scion, and movie posters... Felt like i had no life... But when i got that first check... For 1200+ i wasnt complaining... But looking back on it... I woke up at 5 got to work at six got home by 630 if traffic was light... Smoked a blunt and then went to sleep to wake up to go back to work... sh*t took a toll on me and i forgot what the outside world was about cause a n*gga aint have time to do sh*t... I finally got a day off after about a week n a half of working 6 to 6

Around 4 oclock the manager called in and said you wanna come in for a 6pm to 6 am shift... I laughed and told him i needed some sleep... At the time i was just being honest its not like he told me to come in he asked if i wanted to... Needless to say i got that last check and aint heard from him since

I love my job now... tho
when keepin it real goes wrong, lesson of the day: if you want to keep your job, never say no to your boss
 5 years ago '04        #70
JJH35 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 891 891
I would suggest if you are writing this for your own decision on quitting, only do it if you can afford to quit. I quit after a few months of debating it, working 3 yrs in IT making 55k only 2 years out of college. So it was good money, especially compared to my expenses, but you can only take so much dogsh*t treatment.

I quit by just walking out and saying "im outta this fu*ked up place" to our network engineer who knew it was coming anyway, he said later, and good luck man. I won't go further into details. But that was as nice as I could leave based on the variables.
 5 years ago '04        #71
JJH35 9 heat pts
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 891 891
 J Prince said:
when keepin it real goes wrong, lesson of the day: if you want to keep your job, never say no to your boss
That's not always true, I asked to be fired just so I could collect unemployment if I felt like messing with it. But we got along, and my job performance was a "top 2 performer" 2 out of the 3 years I worked there so he couldn't justify it to his boss.

And his boss and the project manager were the problems anyway to me, so not surprising they were in the way of me getting "fired"
 5 years ago '12        #72
bmandagod 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,250 | Props total: 821 821
nah i aint got sh*t else to live for honestly but this sh*t job. if it wasnt for this lil money id move back up north and sell dope with my fam
 5 years ago '12        #73
bmandagod 6 heat pts
space
space
$4,250 | Props total: 821 821
 606robin said:

I hate my current job
my job requires me to atleast move 500 pieces a day in 10-12 hours or u get fired. 300 pound couches and 250 pound dressers 180 pound counters 140 pound tables...all that sh*t... with a funky a.ss 30 minute break and the break room like 5 minutes away because they make us walk instead of driving the equipment over there which would take like 20 seconds

Last edited by bmandagod; 05-27-2013 at 03:26 AM..
 05-27-2013, 04:50 AM         #74
m3rcy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where do you guys find good paying labor/warehouse jobs? Only ones I see are 8-9$/hr which is sh*t
 4 years ago '08        #75
606robin 24 heat pts24
space
space
 m3rcy said:
Where do you guys find good paying labor/warehouse jobs? Only ones I see are 8-9$/hr which is sh*t

I have yet to see a "good" paying labor job. I mean it is possible but not one that has a corporate background. Maybe, a small independent one or something. You know like a local mill or shipping yard. Something like UPS or Fedex or rooms to go?

Nah...... Playa
 4 years ago '05        #76
WaveDoe 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,256 | Props total: 0 0
 606robin said:

I have yet to see a "good" paying labor job. I mean it is possible but not one that has a corporate background. Maybe, a small independent one or something. You know like a local mill or shipping yard. Something like UPS or Fedex or rooms to go?

Nah...... Playa
orderpicking makes $20>
 4 years ago '09        #77
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 R4P said:
consider yourself lucky I used to work in a call center and we got NO lunch and had to ask to use the bathroom cuz we couldnt be away from our desk for too long on some kiddie sh*t
Thats against the law bruh lol
 4 years ago '09        #78
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,659 | Props total: 842 842
 R4P said:
consider yourself lucky I used to work in a call center and we got NO lunch and had to ask to use the bathroom cuz we couldnt be away from our desk for too long on some kiddie sh*t
Thats against the law bruh lol if you worked 8 hours of course lol
 3 years ago '07        #79
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 409 409
 TheIncomparable said:
Worked at Target for about 4 days when I was like 17. I had to quit when someone looked at me and said "toilet paper." I said "huh," knowing that he was ultimately trying to find out where toilet paper was located in the store. But since he wanted to be a d!ck I was one as well. He responded with "toilet paper." Told him IDK, walked out, and never returned or called.
You really quit because someone asked for toilet paper bruh? You can't be serious

3 years ago '07        #80
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,476 | Props total: 409 409
 606robin said:

Nah...... Playa
What's the update? Did you end up quittin bruh
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy