Lil Wayne “I Am Not A Human Being II” First Week Sales #2 Behind Justin Timberlake

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 04-02-2013, 03:52 PM         #21
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Like Father, Like Son had exactly one single that got heavy promo, and it wasn't even serviced to pop radio, it managed to cross over on its own. It still did 176K first week and ended up somewhere around 600-700K. Mind you, that album was released after The Carter II, and well before The Carter III. Eminem's collab album with Royce did about the same numbers.

The first installment of I Am Not A Human Being was essentially just tossed out during his jail time, even Drake didn't do much to promote it, saying he felt Wayne had much better music in the stash.

This album is completely different, and the elephant in the room that no Wayne fan will touch is that this is an all rap LP. That's why you see the decrease in record sales. This is honest to goodness the best rap album Wayne has in him right now. Maybe he comes back with another Lollipop or How To Love for C5, but that would simply prove my point. Wayne fans also like to forget how long it took him to put out C3 and C4, and that a series of singles for each flopped around, and didn't get the album in stores until he stepped outside of rap. When Eminem does it (circumvents traditional rap fans to get sales), he's a sellout, who shouldn't get respect in the hip-hop community, but when Wayne does it, he's a genius.
 5 years ago '04        #22
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,450 | Props total: 6520 6520
this only proves that his fans only buy one damn album now

but somehow he had a bigger single on the first one....when he was about to go to jail
 5 years ago '06        #23
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
space
$32,977 | Props total: 13611 13611
900k to 300k

who was buying JT albums if a hip hop album did that you guys would say somebody buys his albums

so if birdmans buys lil wayne albums why didnt he buy this albums to up the sales? maybe bcuz he never did....
 5 years ago '04        #24
kenoe212004 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,298 | Props total: 3759 3759
These Aint Bad Numbers For Weezy Now Of Days In The Downloadin Era, Its Goin To Go Platinum Before This Year Over Anyways Watch When More Singles Drop Just Like The 1st INAHB 1 Still A Very Good Album IMO!!!......
 5 years ago '13        #25
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,081 | Props total: 38469 38469
 Illstreet said:
It's hilarious that you not only hate Jay, but on the flipside you're a Young Money Stan to top it off...

Miss me with that sh*t Stanley Carter I be going in on Weezy, the only reason u hate Wayne is because he took a sh*t on Jayz. When Jayz and Wayne were lickin each others balls back in the day, you were on Lil Waynes d!ck, same way u were sucking Dames d!ck when he was cool with Jay

You on some female bi*ch sh*t, dudes cross ur idol and u feel like u have to hate them too, das some wild boy sh*t

04-02-2013, 04:06 PM         #26
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Miss me with that sh*t Stanley Carter I be going in on Weezy, the only reason u hate Wayne is because he took a sh*t on Jayz. When Jayz and Wayne were lickin each others balls back in the day, you were on Lil Waynes d!ck, same way u were sucking Dames d!ck when he was cool with Jay

You on some female bi*ch sh*t, dudes cross ur idol and u feel like u have to hate them too, das some wild boy sh*t

^^^white europeon post
 5 years ago '13        #27
theehof 
space
space
space
$264 | Props total: 0 0
 Yellab0y said:
this happened before tho....

C3 sold crazy

IANAHB flopped something crazy...

C4 sold crazy

IANAHB 2 flopped something crazy...

C5 will sell something crazy...

Rebirth 2 will flop something crazy...

he was in jail for IANAHB... and there were no hard copies.. and sold 100K first week even with those against him... by the way IANAHB has sold 950K thus far
 5 years ago '07        #28
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 197 197
What's crazy is that all of his singles were hits and he still couldn't make it at least Gold. There's a weird drop off between Tha Carters and these other albums. Maybe he needs those R&B/Pop singles like How To Love and Lollipop.

Last edited by Playa; 04-02-2013 at 04:20 PM..
 5 years ago '13        #29
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,081 | Props total: 38469 38469
 Nyuzi said:
What's crazy is that all of his singles were hits and he still couldn't make it at least Gold. His gimmicks are not working anymore. I think Truckfit was the last straw.
How many of Waynes albums have gone gold in the first week though?
 04-02-2013, 04:20 PM         #30
J-Dogg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't hate Wayne, I'm just stating facts. And I'd like to know where you got your numbers on The Leak from, it actually sold 2,401 copies 1st week. Link if you don't believe me:

There are massive holes in your logic. He wasn't doing millions until C3 dropped. We Are Young Money was a crew album, which traditionally don't sell as much as solo albums. Rebirth was an actual side project, that's an album that would actually fall under that excuse. The first I Am Not A Human Being was barely promoted, and hard copies weren't even serviced the first week. C4 did its numbers, but there really is no reason for such a steep drop off between that album and this one other than lack of fan interest, no pop single, and a decline in the quality of his music. Add those 3 factors together and there's your answer. You don't put out 3-4 singles, and call Future and Drake to be on your single for a side project.
 5 years ago '07        #31
kakish 9 heat pts
space
space
$12,936 | Props total: 1532 1532
I don't even fu*k with Wayne but IAMAHB 1 sold badly compared to his other albums as well. So did Rebirth...
 5 years ago '10        #32
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 13678 13678
good job
 5 years ago '10        #33
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,709 | Props total: 4697 4697
yo wayne stans stay with excuses

first yall were like yeah he doing them numbers now when he doesnt do them yall trying to defend it like yall knew he wasnt going to do them numbers
 5 years ago '04        #34
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,789 | Props total: 11632 11632
 Yellab0y said:
really guy? he had a sh*t ton of videos from the first IANAHB. His songs were still going number one (remember Right Above It ft/Drake) he was still everywhere.

nobody bought the album because it wasnt a "Carter"

another example is Like Father Like Son, he wasn't in prison, he promoted it, but it didnt do Carter numbers either...
you like b00ty hole. shut your f*ggot a.ss up.

[pic - click to view]

04-02-2013, 04:45 PM         #35
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn! y'all n*ggas goin at it. i haven't even listened yet...
 5 years ago '10        #36
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
It's funny.. Wayne stans get excuses that no other fans of top level rappers get..

Let Jigga drop and album and sell 150 or 200k first week.. First page would EXPLODE with "Jigga is over" "Jigga trash now" threads

But it's Wayne so n*ggas is like

"but bu bu It's not a Carter album"

Jigga don't need to name every album "Blueprint" for it to go platinum..

Even Kanye's out of canon 808's album sold 450k first week and is currently at 1.7 mil..

Wayne still struggling for his albums to go gold, and thats okay.. But for artists like Jigga and Ye, its Platinum or bust

n*ggas is too funny man..
 5 years ago '12        #37
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 17440 17440
 HipHopFactz said:
Actually those numbers are great

Over 200k, sold more than I Am Not a Human Being and Ribirth

How many artists 10 plus years in the game still shifting units the same as new artist who are poppin rite now.
Bro I know you wanna try and spin it for the sake of it being a message board argument....but trust me, this is bad.

Its like a 78% drop off compared to his last project

Wayne is Wayne. I dont care if he names the discs different, HES STILL LIL WAYNE. If he had done atleast 450-550K then I'd say 'Yeah the markets a little dry'

But with no other major rap releases out, and pretty much just Justin Timberlake to compete with? This is horrible, he literally had the entire urban market to himself last week.

Stop making excuses

Edited to say:
The fact that he couldn't even debut at #1 is hysterical. Its no do-overs on that sh*t, this is real bad.

Im willing to bet they push up Nicki and Drakes next project now and Universal forces the ads for those to go even harder to move people right off this one.
 5 years ago '12        #38
OC123 178 heat pts178
space
space
$22,485 | Props total: 1309 1309

5 years ago '09        #39
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 75 75
props to the retarded lil wayne stans for believing their own lies

when c5 drops birdman will buy more copies dont worry
 5 years ago '12        #40
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,083 | Props total: 17440 17440
Its hilarious how Wayne fans can't admit the guy put up a dud.

He had everything with this one except a pop song to fall back on in case he really wanted the 16 year old white girl audience.

White people buy about 82-84% of ALL urban music right now....Wayne just had almost an 80% drop off when he puts out an album thats ALL RAP....This should tell you all whose really buying his albums.

This is Lil Waynes Carter Fanbase
[pic - click to view]

This is his "I am not a human being fanbase"

[pic - click to view]

Unfortunately those little white girls outnumber y'all f*ggot n*ggas

Edited to say: Its amazing how Nickis high school video and Drakes 5am in Toronto video drop right when the news of the flop should be hitting the blogs
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Jadeveon Clowney Calls Blake Bortles 'Trash' After Jaguars' Win
54 comments
18 hours ago