Talib Kweli: "Rick Ross Is A Misguided 40-Year-Old"

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
69 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #161
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,358 | Props total: 14175 14175
I feel like at this point Ross is just a walking target, n*ggaz use his name loosely whenever they wanna get on they high horse. Ross gon have to start making examples outta n*ggaz if he wanna maintain his career. How many times you gon let n*ggaz sh*t on you til you strike back.. I mean goddamn Talib Kweli taking shots now too? Who's next? Drake?

Ross do something n*gga!
 5 years ago '12        #162
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
 J AL7 said:
Talib over Ross. The difference between the 2 is that the masses loves tails of death, drugs, and the underworld cause they will never be able to live that life. Talib spits real life ish.

Plus I just can't respect a man that takes another mans name, raps about another mans life. That's like you puttin on another mans draws!
I like ross' music. I don't like that he isnt producing that gangsta sh*t when real life gets hectic. But at the same time, do we want him living out this r*pe line? No. And the masses loves excitement. People watch the news for drama. It's always more fun and entertaining when negativity is involved. Why u think lots of movies have s3x, murder, and drugs?? That's what sells. And didn't nas call himself escobar? It's all stories and thoughts of a rapper. And yall make it seem like he always talkin bout r*pe. There is no such thing as someone else's life in rap. One day he could rap bout bein a doctor, the next bout bein batman the next he can say he was side by side with martin Luther king Marching. Anything goes in rap. No one wants to hear life stories over and over again. Even Pac lied....
 5 years ago '12        #163
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 GST said:
my money says he made more than you
Lol people with money still gets k!lled. If he has more money so what? Does he have an abundance of fans? No no no does he have an abundance of fans? He will not kno what it feels like in 2013 to be in the spotlight. Last time he was doing somethin was when? Talib mainly has backpack fans. U won't see no bad bi*ch talkin bout, play dat new talib cd. But plenty of bad bi*ches like rick ross. Talib over there rappin bout history books and stock market. Save that school, he would just b that cool teacher in school that knows how to rap. Sorry. He's not wanted or needed In the game. Who In the game wants a talib feat? "Last song he had was "just to get by" and that was in what? 2004?
 5 years ago '12        #164
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 M4Maytion said:
you just compared a movie about a young girl in an abusive family situation to a rapper who is drugging chicks and raping them.

you, my good man, are fu*king stupid.
bi*ch how the fu*k am I stupid? Don't fu*kin play wit me. It's called HARSH REALITY!!! what ross talks about DOES happen!!!! Mothafu*ka, did u get mad at the director of precious for his HARSH REALITY?? Who told him to add that in the film?? ok then. Go sit yo black a.ss somewhere. Don't come at me sideways mothafu*ka. fu*k you.
 5 years ago '12        #165
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 Matt504 said:
Name ONE big feature from talib.. just ONE. what artist today has a hit with him that's k!llin radio or internet?? If he died, what songs will they play by him?? So go head, no, the questions weren't rhetorical
 5 years ago '12        #166
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 Matt504 said:
there IS no explanation for it, these guys call themselves artists, but can't seem to paint anything but filth,

including but not limited to:

>encouraging the already out of control promiscuity of Black youth, evidenced by the "artists" CONSISTENTLY NEGATIVE depictions of women.

>murdering Black males and their family members

>glorifying the same drugs that DECIMATED Black communities across America.

this sh*t isn't art, and people are supporting it because the market is over saturated with different variations of the same negative sh*t, with a few "positive artists" sprinkled in here and there.

You try to compare Rick Ross to an actor, but actors never make an emphasis to their consumers that "this sh*t is real, 1hunnit, no fake sh*t ova here pleihboi, we REALLY fu*kin do this shun".

stop drawing false comparisons, save that for your facebook arguments, how many Ross albums have you seen advertised as: William Leonard Roberts II as The Untouchble Rick Ross? These n*ggas are never outta character, and go to great lengths to PROVE to their audience that it's not an act.

I know you love your hip-hop, I do too, but call a spade a spade b, you don't have to lie to yourself to enjoy the music, the sh*t is entertaining, but in the midst of the grooviness is nothing more than negative overtones, and I'm sure you're one of the chosen ones who has such control over their minds that you can do a CNTRL-ALT-DEL on your subconscious mind at will, and even if you don't, I'm sure all the Black children on the playground singing "popped a molly I'm sweatin woo" do.

music IS just entertainment

cheesecake is just food

you consume cheesecake with your mouth, and once you've eaten it the chemical breakdown that occurs is BEYOND YOUR CONTROL.

you consume music with your ears, once you've heard it, you can't unhear it, and when you're just "casually listening" your mind is still picking up on EVERY WORD, BEYOND YOUR CONTROL...

but maybe I'm just looking too deeply into it all...
So what, some artist can only paint cartoons. Doesn't make them less of an artist. Some writers only love talking about evil sh*t. Look at the scream movie writers. Some just stay in their lane. There are people who enjoy that and get the positive sh*t elsewhere. If u want positivitt, there are artists who do ONLY that. U don't go to McDonald's for a stek, u go to___. U don't go to ihop for a whopper, u go to bk. U don't go to popeyes for a sub sandwhich, u go to subway. Maybe ur not supposed to go rick ross for positive sh*t.... U go to church!!! And u think rappers/directors are gonna stop what they makin a livin off of cuza some kids? Really? Theres a parental advisory sticker for a reason. Didn't some kid shoot up a police station after playing GTA? And GTA still makes games!! If I say "I put a Molly in her drink, she fell asleep, she didnt kno what I did" u take it how u want. I coulda meant I stole some money, fondled her, I got high too and ate her pus*y, I took a lock of her hair, I went thru her phone, I pissed on the couch... He didn't say, "I put Molly in her drink, she take the sh*t and laugh til she fall asleep half nekkid and I r*pe her In the a.ss". If u ain't a rapper u wouldnt understand....I am one, so I know.
 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM         #167
M4Maytion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trelli3Matrix said:
bi*ch how the fu*k am I stupid?
You just are.
 5 years ago '12        #168
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 M4Maytion said:
You just are.
yea ok, thats the same kinda answer lil scary a.ss kids give parents ask why they been cheatin in school

parent: WHY WHERE U CHEATING IN SCHOOL TODAY??

scary kid: b b b bb because....

parent: BECAUSE WHAT?

scary kid: *sniffle* because

parent: *slaps the scary a.ss kid*

ANSWER THE fu*kIN QUESTION WIT A DESCRIPTIVE ANSWER DOOFUS
 5 years ago '12        #169
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
 Matt504 said:
I'd love to hear some of your music, care to post a few links?

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

the songs with the resi was done cuz i was playin code veronica and decided to write something that could go with the game lol, thats the latest ive done. back then was when i was younger so sorry for the quality. and so alone and isaid was a little while after. sorry for all the links lol and no, they are just pics but i still got plays and subs so it did what it had to do

Last edited by Trelli3Matrix; 04-03-2013 at 08:49 PM..
 04-03-2013, 11:18 PM         #170
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Trelli3Matrix said:
So what, some artist can only paint cartoons. Doesn't make them less of an artist. Some writers only love talking about evil sh*t. Look at the scream movie writers. Some just stay in their lane. There are people who enjoy that and get the positive sh*t elsewhere. If u want positivitt, there are artists who do ONLY that. U don't go to McDonald's for a stek, u go to___. U don't go to ihop for a whopper, u go to bk. U don't go to popeyes for a sub sandwhich, u go to subway. Maybe ur not supposed to go rick ross for positive sh*t.... U go to church!!! And u think rappers/directors are gonna stop what they makin a livin off of cuza some kids? Really? Theres a parental advisory sticker for a reason. Didn't some kid shoot up a police station after playing GTA? And GTA still makes games!! If I say "I put a Molly in her drink, she fell asleep, she didnt kno what I did" u take it how u want. I coulda meant I stole some money, fondled her, I got high too and ate her pus*y, I took a lock of her hair, I went thru her phone, I pissed on the couch... He didn't say, "I put Molly in her drink, she take the sh*t and laugh til she fall asleep half nekkid and I r*pe her In the a.ss". If u ain't a rapper u wouldnt understand....I am one, so I know.

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '13        #171
EZ Green 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,080 | Props total: 10836 10836
 Trelli3Matrix said:

the songs with the resi was done cuz i was playin code veronica and decided to write something that could go with the game lol, thats the latest ive done. back then was when i was younger so sorry for the quality. and so alone and isaid was a little while after. sorry for all the links lol and no, they are just pics but i still got plays and subs so it did what it had to do
a pink teddy bear w a ak tho, u one of those lip gloss,ugg boot lil b n*ggaz huh? 1 youre a closet homo. 2 youre obviously white w 1 friend(ur pet yorkie). 3 judging by that resident evil song, ur a fuchin lame 4 u sound like u work at quiznos. 5 youre no older than 18. 6 u suck. FOH
 04-04-2013, 06:25 AM         #172
M4Maytion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 EZ Green said:
a pink teddy bear w a ak tho, u one of those lip gloss,ugg boot lil b n*ggaz huh? 1 youre a closet homo. 2 youre obviously white w 1 friend(ur pet yorkie). 3 judging by that resident evil song, ur a fuchin lame 4 u sound like u work at quiznos. 5 youre no older than 18. 6 u suck. FOH
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy