Talib Kweli: "Rick Ross Is A Misguided 40-Year-Old"

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
I didn't read the story I saw the title and this face came to mind
 04-03-2013, 02:03 AM         #122
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMob said:
You a f*ggot but....

This. This. n*ggas trying to gain the white mans favour.
The fact that you equate speaking out against r*pe as somehow forsaking blackness and currying favor with "The white man" speaks VOLUMES about your character, or lackthereof
 5 years ago '04        #123
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,222 | Props total: 2220 2220
 Capimp said:
Rick Ross is a very misguided 40 year old but those lyrics are only a very small part of the reason why.
This. I don't think he owes anyone an apology, it's entertainment. None of the sh*t he says is true. sh*t Law and Order SVU is realer than Rick Ross.
 04-03-2013, 03:27 AM         #124
M4Maytion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young_Impetuous said:
our society don't condone r*pe but let a woman call r*pe and see how many call her a liar. but hold up, now rick ross is the villain, he said some sh*t about droppin somethin in a chicks drink and fu*kin! but wait, it's only entertainment right? wait wait, stop, he didn't even really mean it like that in the first place right? hold up, don't she deserve it cause she's dressed like that?

our society is a joke. our standards are a joke. our morality is a joke.

I'm done.
Our society doesn't outwardly condone r*pe, but subtly they kinda do. example...
*Movies, TV Shows where the chick CLEARLY doesn't look interested in a n*gga, he roughly snatch her a.ss up then it cut's to moaning and sh*t, stupid n*ggas gone think that's how chicks rock and end up with a r*pe charge.

No, don't get it twisted, Ross didn't just become the villain, he's been 1 of the many villain's or issues with rap music and hip-hop culture, it's just now that people wont come off as haters due to that r*pe line.

Bottom line is Ross rapped about r*pe, people called him on it, he back-peddled (terribly btw) and now (FINALLY!) Emcee's such as Talib has spoken out against him.
 04-03-2013, 03:31 AM         #125
M4Maytion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bibbyboi said:
This. I don't think he owes anyone an apology, it's entertainment. None of the sh*t he says is true. sh*t Law and Order SVU is realer than Rick Ross.
But this is the thing, Yes... Rap is suppose to be entertainment, but it is also a form of education.

A rapper is a poet and poetry has been utilized to teach for ages. "Conscious Rap" does utilize rap music very well in an educational way. but where the problem comes into play is when young kids who do not have proper parental guidance, fall's into the mind traps these rappers (like rick ross, and many others) set up. You see it on WSHH all the time, idiots thinking the street life is a good means of living and get hymed up.

I'm just happy that someone like Talib has spoken out against this wack rapper named Rick Ross.
 5 years ago '11        #126
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
Emeinem rapped about raping and murdering chicks
 04-03-2013, 03:39 AM         #127
M4Maytion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 StillScrappy said:
it just recently droppped

You on point with that though

[pic - click to view]

album doesn't come out until May
 04-03-2013, 03:41 AM         #128
M4Maytion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Suppafresh said:
Emeinem rapped about raping and murdering chicks
and? he was spoken out against as well,

this isn't a race thing, Ross has been a Public Enemy in hip-hop eye's since the news broke of him lying about his law enforcement days. it's only now that he slipped and put the target on his back that people can say something without being seen as a hater.

do I think these people really are angry about r*pe? it's hard to say, but bottom line is Ross rapped about r*pe, now people speaking out.
 5 years ago '05        #129
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,829 | Props total: 3443 3443
Yeah...this smells like a Chris Brown type of witch hunt. Does a film that depicts r*pe condone r*pe?
 5 years ago '04        #130
Venom2k2 
space
space
$976 | Props total: 3 3
hey my name is kweli, nobody cares about me, my last albums are sh*t and i am going to release another (sh*t) album called prisoner of conscious...please buy that, as I am broke.
 5 years ago '11        #131
darealvelle 96 heat pts96
space
space
$7,889 | Props total: 4495 4495

[video - click to view]

04-03-2013, 06:23 AM         #132
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man, people are taking that line to the max trying to find something to get Ross out the game.
 5 years ago '10        #133
VeX 
space
space
$3,718 | Props total: 43 43
Odd Future were talking bout r*pe for years no one batted an eyelid.. And I don't even like officer ross.
 5 years ago '09        #134
YoungR 2 heat pts
space
space
$93 | Props total: 0 0
I don't get how ppl are all riled up when worst has been said by other rappers. Old Eminem makes that line look like nothing
 5 years ago '04        #135
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,110 | Props total: 1362 1362
 Young_Impetuous said:
our society don't condone r*pe but let a woman call r*pe and see how many call her a liar. but hold up, now rick ross is the villain, he said some sh*t about droppin somethin in a chicks drink and fu*kin! but wait, it's only entertainment right? wait wait, stop, he didn't even really mean it like that in the first place right? hold up, don't she deserve it cause she's dressed like that?

our society is a joke. our standards are a joke. our morality is a joke.

I'm done.
I do agree that there is a fake sense of outrage, but once you start talking about negative things that happen to white girls, it's all bad. Not sure he even spit the lyrics, seeing as though, he shouldn't need to do a damn thing but breathe to get a chick.

However, I'm not sure how this differs from saying you gave a chick some drugs (molly, X, etc...) or you got her drunk...
 5 years ago '10        #136
J AL7 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 146 146
Talib over Ross. The difference between the 2 is that the masses loves tails of death, drugs, and the underworld cause they will never be able to live that life. Talib spits real life ish.

Plus I just can't respect a man that takes another mans name, raps about another mans life. That's like you puttin on another mans draws!
 5 years ago '05        #137
D-ROCK 14 heat pts14
space
space
$533 | Props total: 26 26
Em openly talked about roofie-ing a girl on guilty conscience
what's the difference
When ur a REALLY GOOD RAPPER, u get away w/sh*t like this,
It blows over by continuing to be really good
Won't be the 1st nor the last
 5 years ago '11        #138
Gamemusic 
space
space
$2,002 | Props total: 1193 1193
Em my fav rapper and talked about r*pe all the damn time. He had protests against him and sh*t but I swear the way they blowing up that mediocre a.ss line from Ross is ridiculous. Only thing I can think of is cause that sh*t in Ohio that just happened, but even still the line ain't that fu*king bad compared to the other lyrics from rappers we've heard.
 5 years ago '07        #139
Jayceon 492 heat pts492
space
space
$27,600 | Props total: 913 913
Some of you n*ggas are so god damn unintelligent.
 04-03-2013, 09:53 AM         #140
KnockinOnHD2001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Ross aint even 40 though

Damn Talib hit him with a low blow there

I see what Talib saying, but he never pulled up DMX talking about raping girls infront of her family, raping gays or BIG raping kids, or Em raping everyone including animals
The n*gga look like he's 40 talib spittin that truth
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago