Talib Kweli: "Rick Ross Is A Misguided 40-Year-Old"

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
171 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
124 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
74 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #81
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
 5 years ago '05        #82
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
 Drdeath said:
The trap sound along with the rolling 808 snares and high hats started jumpin around 03 04. Im talkin bout that.
Ahhhh bay area mobb music had that sh*t in the 90s.... 808 snare/hihat and some live bass
 5 years ago '12        #83
Just BizNis 63 heat pts63
space
space
$12,912 | Props total: 2045 2045
If you seriously think Ross>TQ, your taste in hiphop is irrelevant
 04-02-2013, 06:29 PM         #84
cheenz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know what i Find fu*king Sickening about u Ross Stans!!!!!

If Martin Luther King was Alive today and Said Ross was Wrong for those Lyrics, "He need to Apologize and He's Misguided"

I really Believe u c*ck Suckers would Say MLK is mad cause Ross have More money than him/No one care about his Old a.ss/He's just a hater!!!

You Boyz are Crazy!!!
 5 years ago '08        #85
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,826 | Props total: 1322 1322
 cheenz said:
You know what i Find fu*king Sickening about u Ross Stans!!!!!

If Martin Luther King was Alive today and Said Ross was Wrong for those Lyrics, "He need to Apologize and He's Misguided"

I really Believe u c*ck Suckers would Say MLK is mad cause Ross have More money than him/No one care about his Old a.ss/He's just a hater!!!

You Boyz are Crazy!!!
Comparing Kweli to MLK Jr.
 5 years ago '12        #86
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,041 | Props total: 17231 17231
 Rashad69 said:
the logic of "there are other things out there we should have a problem with" doesn't make this line any better....
It doesn't at all, but the fact that we have other celebrities/rappers out here who have said what Ross did x 100 and they don't catch any flack for it is disturbing.

Its cool for a white guy from Detroit to rap about raping his childs mother, his mother, pop stars and such and we don't blow up about that? DMX sold damn near 5 million on a disc where he talked about fu*king a corpse.

Its been a problem, and the fact that the culture didn't address it until it this guy engaged in it looks a little tacky. Talibs been on a promo run over the past 3 months, and he got exactly what he wanted from this-publicity.

Howcome he didn't say these things about Eminem back when he was praising dudes flow/rhyme schemes like he used to?!

And for the record nothing will 'make this line any better'....but don't ask us to give a fu*k about it when its a great opportunity for Talib and whomever else wants a little front page/blog action. Cause now it doesn't look like a call to action against a horrible line....now it looks like an opportunity for a fallen rapper to get a little attention...

Hell im pretty sure this is the first thread related to Talib thats gone over 3 pages in the past 2 years alone

Last edited by OldBusiness; 04-02-2013 at 06:37 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #87
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14764 14764
I do not mess with Rick Ross' music, sh*t is garbage, but fu*k 2013 man I swear... its a fu*king song. Get the fu*k over it. 2000 Eminem would be fu*ked in 2013.
 5 years ago '04        #88
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,123 | Props total: 4517 4517
 Dos-effect said:
"I don't care if Rick Ross is 40 years old -- he's a misguided 40-year-old kid."

Type of Middle Age n*gga is a habitual liar? Thats some 12 year old sh*t bruh......
Suprised he ain't denying this like he did his c.o. past
 5 years ago '05        #89
dizzle trizzle 7 heat pts
space
space
$7,141 | Props total: 2648 2648
but nobody said tried anything about em's lyrics when he was rapping about that sh*t....GTFOH n*ggas tryna bring a man and his hustle down
 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM         #90
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So am I the only person that remembers people picketing and boycotting to get eminem off the air?
Gays Women and christians hated him until he got on stage with Elton John.
 5 years ago '12        #91
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,041 | Props total: 17231 17231
 bbrossy313 said:
So am I the only person that remembers people picketing and boycotting to get eminem off the air?
Gays Women and christians hated him until he got on stage with Elton John.
Nah we remember that. Ross can't get on stage with a r*pe victim and make this all better tho lmao

And the people cheering Em on far outweighed those who were complaining...they're trying to shut down this mans endorsements and such over this.

If they cut him off Reebok yo it'll be NO DIFFERENT than when they cut Luda off Pepsi....only to turn around and give it to a drug abusing, animal abusing, wife beating drunk like Ozzy Osbourne.

Where are the people picketing Tyler The Creator and the sh*t he talks about?
 5 years ago '13        #92
Route03X 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$7,234 | Props total: 4300 4300
 HipHopFactz said:
Ross aint even 40 though

Damn Talib hit him with a low blow there

I see what Talib saying, but he never pulled up DMX talking about raping girls infront of her family, raping gays or BIG raping kids, or Em raping everyone including animals
Tai know he would've got that lyrical(possibly physical) beatdown bringing them up,Rozay just might make a club song type diss if he even cares anyway.
 5 years ago '04        #93
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,123 | Props total: 4517 4517
Call ya boy a c.o. but if I really was
When all these n*ggas undercover f*n n*ggas up
Keep it trilla n*gga never had a gun and badge

Lolololo

He gone make a song saying

Call ya boy a rapist but if I really was
When all these n*ggas out here raping
I don't see what's the fuss.

Then that n*gga denied knowing about the real rick ross but all he talks about is caine in his rhymes and wants us to think it's a coincidence that he chose rick ross as his rap name.

I like most of brehs music but ever time a new lie come out it make me not wanna listen to a n*gga
 5 years ago '11        #94
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,207 | Props total: 5354 5354
 Young_Impetuous said:
our society don't condone r*pe but let a woman call r*pe and see how many call her a liar. but hold up, now rick ross is the villain, he said some sh*t about droppin somethin in a chicks drink and fu*kin! but wait, it's only entertainment right? wait wait, stop, he didn't even really mean it like that in the first place right? hold up, don't she deserve it cause she's dressed like that?

our society is a joke. our standards are a joke. our morality is a joke.

I'm done.
 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM         #95
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:
Nah we remember that. Ross can't get on stage with a r*pe victim and make this all better tho lmao

And the people cheering Em on far outweighed those who were complaining...they're trying to shut down this mans endorsements and such over this.

If they cut him off Reebok yo it'll be NO DIFFERENT than when they cut Luda off Pepsi....only to turn around and give it to a drug abusing, animal abusing, wife beating drunk like Ozzy Osbourne.

Where are the people picketing Tyler The Creator and the sh*t he talks about?
Its like someone said earlier, people know its horror-core and people expect it. Either that or not enough know about their crazier tracks.

Im surprised "radicals" never came up when all the school shootings took place tho
 5 years ago '06        #96
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,501 | Props total: 909 909
I dont get why you can rap about k!lling, kidnapping, being the plug, etc but they get mad when you bring up daterape..
 5 years ago '08        #97
Effit 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,992 | Props total: 7 7
rick ross is sh*t
 5 years ago '05        #98
lil_boosie 2 heat pts
space
space
$649 | Props total: 30 30
this n*gga 40???? whats up with these old a.ss rappers. smh
 5 years ago '04        #99
AksFlyest 
space
space
space
$241 | Props total: 5 5
I don't get all the "well nobody threw a fit when em rapped about it talk". Ppl were protesting the sh*t about his lyrics when he came out and through out his whole career, everyone from parent groups, women's groups, gay groups, politicians etc. People have always had sh*t to say about rap lyrics. Some of these kids must not have been old enough to have tv privileges or some sh*t...

When females are you only fan base maybe you shouldn't rap about rapping them. Good thing for ross the white kids will still love it
 5 years ago '08        #100
stead21 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,904 | Props total: 3655 3655
 Dos-effect said:
"I don't care if Rick Ross is 40 years old -- he's a misguided 40-year-old kid."

Type of Middle Age n*gga is a habitual liar? Thats some 12 year old sh*t bruh......
Fat n*ggas lie a lot, especially when they young, Goonies wasn't lying about that lil n*gga Chunk.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
92 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
24 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
185 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy