The 20/20 Experience Was Made In Only 20 Days

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
91 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
147 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
He owed Live Nation another tour.

The superstar rolled out his album “20/20” in three months instead of the usual year as a $20 million deal with the concert industry giant came due.

Last edited by hockeythug; 04-01-2013 at 02:11 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #42
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 TheMindOf said:
Some of you n*ggas are so stupid, it's incredible sometimes

You n*ggas really think JT hadn't wrote a single song in the whole 7 years he was away?

A lot of you n*ggas really possess no common sense or deductive reasoning skills at all

Im sure the reason they were able to bang this out in 3 weeks is because the majority of the songs were already written by JT and Timbo already had beats for JT on deck..

n*ggas really think that within that 20 days he was writing the album from scratch, and Timbo was doing the same with the beats..

Some of y'all gotta get it together.

It's the same way Jay-Z was able to record the majority of the Blueprint in a single weekend because he already had the beats he wanted and most of the songs structured in his head already..
Is that you Justin?

The fact still remains that he had 7 yrs to drop a solid album and he still dropped a bs album...no matter how many paragraphs you type...that fact won't change

Last edited by supervillain; 04-01-2013 at 02:14 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #43
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,436 | Props total: 6498 6498
 RYLNYC said:
The album is solid but information like this devalues the project for me. It's like, you've been out for 6+ years, all of a sudden decide to drop an album and only spend less than 3 weeks on it.

Now it has me thinking he half-assed it and could've done something 100 times better if he actually put time into it. Seems like a rushed project even though it doesn't sound like it.

there is a theory that he is trying to get out of his contract. that is why he dropping two albums this year.

supposedly fs/ls was going to be a double album but the label pushed him to put it out faster or some sh!t.

again these are just THEORIES
 5 years ago '10        #44
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Matt504 said:
Justin is "that ONE"
Justin Timberlake is a "White Rapper" now?

Also, you're acting like he's the only white singer that white people support..

Im not getting how he's "That One" when

- Justin Bieber
- Taylor Swift
- One Direction
- Adele
- Lady Gaga
- Philip Philips

are all white artist that get pushed by their labels and whom white people go out and buy their music..

So explain to me how JT is "The One" (white rapper at that)
 5 years ago '09        #45
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,084 | Props total: 8869 8869
 Michael 1987 said:
There wasn't nobody pushing Robin or Jon B from back then like they do with JT..
 5 years ago '09        #46
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
 ballergenetics said:
Ash is racist...

I'm not racist, far from it, some of my friends is white

fu*k JT, Jon B the Gawd will always be the best white r&b singer

5 years ago '12        #47
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
I swear people just love hopping on the band wagon. if a thread opens up with the first comment saying "JT Da Gawd" then everyone starts talking about how its the best album of all time. But the second someone criticizes it everyone immediately hates the album too. 20/20 was getting nothing but praise on BX... now look. You guys make me want to commit suicide.

5 years ago '10        #48
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Michael 1987 said:
There wasn't nobody pushing Robin or Jon B from back then like they do with JT..
n*gga stop it..

JT just came out with a better marketing plan..

Act like Robin Thicke wasn't on the Grammy's with one of the biggest rapper in the world too

[pic - click to view]

Let me guess Robin Thicke aint get to be on Jimmy Fallon either

[pic - click to view]

Even got one of the biggest hip hop producers in his corner too

[pic - click to view]

The label has done EVERYTHING in their power to try to replicate the JT formula with Robin Thicke

People just aren't drawn to him the way they are to JT.. Simple as that..

Lets not forget.. Robin Thicke originally came out like this

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #49
ezduzit 9 heat pts
space
space
$9,246 | Props total: 2421 2421
 TheMindOf said:

Heads up.. They will avoid this post like the plague..
ill take this one...thats an unfair comparison i think...when jon b came out he was STRICTLY R&B.. .sh*t alotta people thought he was spanish or some sh*t at first...there was absolutely NO WAY he could appeal to white people... its kinda like how when white people see another white person that only hangs out with black people...only dates black people..then they see them as "white trash" in their society and then they're no good

i think its the same way with robin thicke although he is having a successful career anyway..

theres so many quality BLACK r&b singers BETTER than thicke and jon b that dont even have an album out..let alone deals anyway

i think as long as a white artist acknowledges their white audience even at the slightest...they'll be set forever
 5 years ago '10        #50
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,435 | Props total: 2393 2393
 GameTheory said:
Thats unfortunate because he could have spent a little more time on making better songs.

Only 20% of that album is worth talking about.
THIS!! the whole album is trash real talk.
 5 years ago '09        #51
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,118 | Props total: 1655 1655
i can tell that sh*t was average
 5 years ago '10        #52
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 ezduzit said:
ill take this one...thats an unfair comparison i think...when jon b came out he was STRICTLY R&B.. .sh*t alotta people thought he was spanish or some sh*t at first...there was absolutely NO WAY he could appeal to white people... its kinda like how when white people see another white person that only hangs out with black people...only dates black people..then they see them as "white trash" in their society and then they're no good

i think its the same way with robin thicke although he is having a successful career anyway..

theres so many quality BLACK r&b singers BETTER than thicke and jon b that dont even have an album out..let alone deals anyway

i think as long as a white artist acknowledges their white audience even at the slightest...they'll be set forever

Another problem for Jon B (if n*ggas is even old enough to remember when he came out)

is that he sounded A LOT like Babyface.. A lot of people thought "Someone to Love" was a straight Babyface song or another black guy who sounds like Babyface..

This is pre internet, and pre youtube.

Unless you had cable and time enough to sit in front of the TV and wait for the video to come on, or you copped the album, most people thought he was black FOR A MINUTE.

It's the same thing that happened with Rick Astley and UB40 in the 80's
 5 years ago '07        #53
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6142 6142
Pretty good album for 20 days worth of work. Plus we get another at the end of the year. Can't complain.
 04-01-2013, 03:04 PM         #54
Brolic757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im glad his manager came clean. Cuz i said from the beginning that this is an overrated peice of sh*t album.
 5 years ago '08        #55
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 Matt504 said:
what do Jon B, Robin Thicke, and Justin Timberlaje have in common aside from them all being White?

they're all artists that make and emulate "black music", but are recognized for it because they're White. Jon B is arguably the best of the bunch, but his time has long passed, he's irrelevant now. Robin Thicke is wildly successful even moreso behind the scenes helping other artists perfect how to imitate "the Black sound" such as Jordan Knight, who can also be lumped into the culture vulture category with Justin, Robin, and Jon.

these guys have nothing in common with any of the artists you've listed, aside from Bieb being from Canada, and currently going through his own "Black phase".

solo career Justin and Robin have been routinely paired up with Black artists to get that Black community cosign, Jon B did music with PAC, these aren't just "typical white artists", their entire purpose of existence is to serve as White artists who make "soulful" music that even Black artists who specialize in, have a hard time competing against.

"sooentah"

"blurred lines"

White "soulful sounding" artists with the Black cosign.

but let's compare these guys to the likes of Adele (very talented) and One Direction, a boy band.
 04-01-2013, 03:08 PM         #56
Brolic757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nest said:
I swear people just love hopping on the band wagon. if a thread opens up with the first comment saying "JT Da Gawd" then everyone starts talking about how its the best album of all time. But the second someone criticizes it everyone immediately hates the album too. 20/20 was getting nothing but praise on BX... now look. You guys make me want to commit suicide.

Yep thats how they always do it. When this album came out two weeks ago im a say even when it leakes dudes were bombarding in here talking about oh this is a classic this is nice. Now that the hype is finally over with people are coming back down saying what they really feel.
 04-01-2013, 03:12 PM         #57
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice to see people wised up
 5 years ago '10        #58
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Matt504 said:
what do Jon B, Robin Thicke, and Justin Timberlaje have in common aside from them all being White?

they're all artists that make and emulate "black music", but are recognized for it because they're White. Jon B is arguably the best of the bunch, but his time has long passed, he's irrelevant now. Robin Thicke is wildly successful even moreso behind the scenes helping other artists perfect how to imitate "the Black sound" such as Jordan Knight, who can also be lumped into the culture vulture category with Justin, Robin, and Jon.

these guys have nothing in common with any of the artists you've listed, aside from Bieb being from Canada, and currently going through his own "Black phase".

solo career Justin and Robin have been routinely paired up with Black artists to get that Black community cosign, Jon B did music with PAC, these aren't just "typical white artists", their entire purpose of existence is to serve as White artists who make "soulful" music that even Black artists who specialize in, have a hard time competing against.

"sooentah"

"blurred lines"

White "soulful sounding" artists with the Black cosign.

but let's compare these guys to the likes of Adele (very talented) and One Direction, a boy band.
I see you conveniently avoided "Justin Bieber"

So why Beiber music still selling like hotcakes?

His music is as black as its ever been

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Is he not including elements of black music into his albums now too? or nah, because that would negate your whole argument here

5 years ago '10        #59
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Michael 1987 said:
Who's fault is that if nobody cared or accepted Robin/Jon B like they do JT? JT has more fans an was pushed way more than any other person you mentioned. (Not to mention that boy band he was apart of) Even before that when he was in that disney sh*t.

Like the saying goes .. "if you repeat something enough, people will start to believe it ( or in justins case start liking like him)"
The Backstreet Boys was more popular than Nsync for the majority of the 90's.. Matter fact when Nsync first dropped they was looked as like the BSB little n*ggas..

[pic - click to view]

Tell me now, which one of the Backstreet Boys gon come out now and do JT numbers off the strength of that?

And in regard to the Disney sh*t.. Let me find out Justin Timberlake was a household name when he was on that sh*t in '93

Most people aint even know he was on that show til he started dating Britney Spears years later, and they started digging in the archives, because they were both on that show together.

Nobody care about NEITHER of them when they was on that show..
 5 years ago '09        #60
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
n*gga in denial, 1 of Nsync album sold 1 million in 1 week, enough said
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
108 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop