When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
44 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside University of Deleware
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Last Tango in Paris’ Rape Scene Was Not Consensual, Director Bernardo ..
91 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside 50 Cent & Jim Jones Show Love Last Night In Miami, Monsta In The Cut To..
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '05        #1
5303 pageviews
65 comments

Dun Language 3739 heat pts3739
space
space
$69,147 | Props total: 10371 10371
Andre Iguodala confirms he plans to opt out after season

Odds are Andre Iguodala is back in Nuggets powder blue (and sometimes bright yellow) next season. There is a real fit there — on an up-tempo team he provides an athletic slashing scorer and perimeter defender they need to reach the top levels of the conference.

But the Nuggets are going to have to pony up a big wad of cash for the next four years or so to keep him.

Iguodala confirmed to Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida he likely will do what we all expected — opt out of the $16.1 million he is owed next season to seek a long-term deal. And yes, Iguodala knows that his next deal is not likely to start at $16.1 million.

“Yeah, definitely,’’ Iguodala, 29, said of that being a distinct possibility. “You got to weigh options. Security-wise, a player would opt, especially with the type of season we’ve had as a team. Teams know what I can bring to them, and I know (the Nuggets) know what I can bring to a team here.

“Players get like $50, $60 or $70 or $80 (million over multiple years), whatever the number was, they gave up a big number (in an option season by opting out). But in the grand scheme of things, pretty much get it back. You got security.’’

Denver’s front office has known this was coming since they jumped in the Andrew Bynum/Dwight Howard trade to get him. They certainly have a number in mind — with Iguodala off the books they would have about $52.5 million on the books for the next season, so they have the room to bring Iggy back and tweak the roster in other places. The Nuggets will not want to pay the luxury tax but that likely will be in the $72 million a year ballpark next season.

Of course, there is a chance a team other than the Nuggets could come in with a bigger offer. But Iggy likes where he’s at.

“My main goal is, if we win here, everything will take care of itself, no matter what,’’ Iguodala said. “I want to play for a team where I have an impact on the game without even scoring … I feel like if I win (with the Nuggets), I won’t have to worry about having to prove my worth.

“Obviously, it’s a business, so you’re going to look at your options. Here we have some good (prospects). But I’m not making any promises. But I’ve liked the last month and a half, two months, three months or however long (that Denver has been on a roll). It’s important for the future, so I’m just trying to win.’’

Iggy also said he would like to get back in the fold with Team USA — he won a gold medal in Turkey in 2010 at the World Championships with the squad but did not get an invite to play in London. On a team that likes to run and needs good perimeter defenders he is a good fit, but it will depend on the team makeup and how many of the superstars of the game decide to play in 2014 for the next round of World Championships.

But that’s a summer away. Right now it is the playoffs then an interesting summer that are on Iguodala’s plate.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Andre Iguodala confirms he plans to opt out after season | ProBasketballTalk

65 comments for "Andre Iguodala confirms he plans to opt out after season"

4 years ago '09        #2
Lupe Hunter 74 heat pts74
space
space
$14,819 | Props total: 3130 3130
I would like to see him go to LA to play for the Lakers or Chicago.
 4 years ago '09        #3
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$40,004 | Props total: 1099 1099
He ain't going to get a big deal like he did in Philly has no one learned from Richard Jefferson when he opted out in SA, and no one wanted him, and he had to come back for less.
 4 years ago '05        #4
Dun Language 3739 heat pts3739
space
space
$69,147 | Props total: 10371 10371
lakers need a wing. bad. chicago could use him also
 4 years ago '12        #5
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
$15,940 | Props total: 673 673
Iggy... just stay till 2014 you'll be getting paid come 2014 from different organizations who have cap space.
 4 years ago '09        #6
Lupe Hunter 74 heat pts74
space
space
$14,819 | Props total: 3130 3130
 ReggieA said:
He ain't going to get a big deal like he did in Philly has no one learned from Richard Jefferson when he opted out in SA, and no one wanted him, and he had to come back for less.
So nobody wants a player who can play and defend 3 position, excellent passer who doesnt need to score to be effective interesting

Richard Jefferson is a bad comparison
 4 years ago '09        #7
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$40,004 | Props total: 1099 1099
 Lupe Hunter said:
So nobody wants a player who can play and defend 3 position, excellent passer who doesnt need to score to be effective interesting

Richard Jefferson is a bad comparison
I'm saying he is making 13 mil a year, and with Denver's cap situation, he would have to come back for less money, unless someone jumps the gun and give him more money. The line up they got now, they can compete in the post-season. Now if he is willing to take less after he opts out, then that's different. I'm not comparing his talents to RJ, just the situation. I remember RJ opted out of SAS for a longer contract, and they pretty much told him to kick rocks and he was making 9+ mil a year on his old deal, and when he tested the market, no one wanted him for what he was offering, so he went back to SAS, he took less than half of what he wanted initially. IMO, if AI is not trying to take a pay cut, he should wait one more year and get paid, I mean he indicated he wants to stay.
 4 years ago '09        #8
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$61,878 | Props total: 5935 5935
Iggy headed to LA.
 4 years ago '05        #9
Danger Zone 57 heat pts57
space
space
$30,233 | Props total: 9029 9029
Iggy ain't goin nowhere
 4 years ago '12        #10
GucciBoy347 39 heat pts39
space
space
$10,215 | Props total: 564 564
Come to LA iggy . Metta is opting out and taking the pay cut

#KobeNeedMoreHelp
 03-31-2013, 10:10 AM         #11
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Iggy going to L.A., he's going be be Kobe's Pippen, trust me....he'd help Kobe with ball handling and help the team single handlely in transistion on both sides of the ball, i just hope Metta/Blake/Nash isn't on the team next season
 4 years ago '06        #12
Rique 50 heat pts50
space
space
$34,949 | Props total: 7535 7535
Good glue guy nothing special, but nets gave wallace 10 mill a year so who knows. Iggy might get 12 just off that
 4 years ago '09        #13
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$61,878 | Props total: 5935 5935
Iggy, Kobe, Dwight and whoever else they have whether its Pau and Nash or others would be a pretty good lineup especially if they can get the bench better. The only problem would be D'Antoni
 03-31-2013, 10:17 AM         #14
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rique said:
Good glue guy nothing special, but nets gave wallace 10 mill a year so who knows. Iggy might get 12 just off that
Lakers need to trade Metta/Nash and give Iggy they money
 03-31-2013, 10:18 AM         #15
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Iggy, Kobe, Dwight and whoever else they have whether its Pau and Nash or others would be a pretty good lineup especially if they can get the bench better. The only problem would be D'Antoni
i hope Nash retire and if we can trade Gasol for a space 4 and a bench piece i'd be fu*king happy, have to get younger/quicker and athletic man
 4 years ago '06        #16
Rique 50 heat pts50
space
space
$34,949 | Props total: 7535 7535
 k3llz said:
Why would Nuggets want Nash and Metta it doesnt make them better
 4 years ago '09        #17
Axl Rose 21 heat pts21
space
space
$22,726 | Props total: 2634 2634
 k3llz said:
even if you traded nash and metta you still wouldnt have enough to sign iggy

Last edited by Axl Rose; 03-31-2013 at 10:25 AM..
 4 years ago '12        #18
GucciBoy347 39 heat pts39
space
space
$10,215 | Props total: 564 564
 Poohdini said:
even if you traded nash and metta you still wouldnt have enough to sign iggy
 4 years ago '11        #19
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,070 | Props total: 6240 6240
Iquodala isn't even really that good, he's pretty much a jack of all trades roll player. I wouldn't sign him for anymore than 9-10 mil a year.
 4 years ago '12        #20
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
$15,940 | Props total: 673 673
you n*ggas saying Iggy to LA never heard of cap space?

He's not signing to the MLE

so no Iggy for you n*ggas unless he waited till 2014
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
145 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Amy Schumer Playing ‘Barbie’
68 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Bad Left Hook Gives A Detailed Analysis On Whether Conor McGregor Can B..
55 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
176 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay
48 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
154 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy