Erykah Badu Blasts Papoose For Unauthorized Vocals On The Nacirema Dream

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #21
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,999 | Props total: 987 987
 BLUE JACK$ON said:
This is posed to be New Yorks savior
strungout gave props

5 years ago '12        #22
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$942 | Props total: 3 3
10 years old tho

n*gga probably found a cassette tape with the vocals on his attic and thought that sh*t is better than anything he has come up with since

i feel bad
strungout gave props

5 years ago '05        #23
monrowe 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,025 | Props total: 537 537
She ain't denying doing it but it's like a mechanical clearence that you have to get. So if i do a verse for you for x amount you still have to get my publisher to clear the use of my vocals for financial gain and work out a sort of compensation forunits sold the infamous point system. With it bbeing ten years old she may feel like she isn't in that space any more and dont want the track or the song represented by her.. To use what's going on with rick Ross she may have agreed on the vocals in principle but one the final cut hear the sh*t about r*pe and says naw no use..
It's more sad that papoose could never drop these records before. Kay slay may not have been a great thing for pap cus his wave is just not strong at all.
strungout gave props

5 years ago '07        #24
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4831 4831
im not really followin her point.so what if tha vocals were sung 10 years ago,that means they cant be used or somethin
 5 years ago '12        #25
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$21,077 | Props total: 17415 17415
The 'time' on the record really dont mean sh*t here...I think thats what y'all are getting effed up

The way it works....yeah artists do record for each other and such without receiving payment up front....

You tell me 'I got a million dollar budget for my project" and we go in the lab and cut a record or two...you get the rest of it done...then when the label starts clearing records and paying people to appear you should contact my management/lawyer/publisher with the proper clearance paperwork to pay me to be on that joint.

Instead hes now put her in a position to where the people shes signed to, the people that pretty much are invested in her are looking at her like "Thats a check we missed homie".....So now she looksl ike a fool to her own team.

Furthermore Papoose probably gathered ALOT of those features back when he actually had a deal and budget in place.....he more than likely aint got that sh*t no more but he still had the pro tools files so he said fu*k it and ran with it.

He really should have just released that sh*t as a mixtape joint...mainly because he didn't have the 'okay' to go in...That sh*t happens ALOT more then you know....where a rapper will get have an old feature they held onto but have no contact or anything with that particular artist because situations changed...so you just see a random a.ss record pop up with 'so an so featuring this big name artist'...happens alot

Its horrible business on his part.

Last edited by OldBusiness; 03-30-2013 at 04:41 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #26
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4831 4831
 monrowe said:
She ain't denying doing it but it's like a mechanical clearence that you have to get. So if i do a verse for you for x amount you still have to get my publisher to clear the use of my vocals for financial gain and work out a sort of compensation forunits sold the infamous point system. With it bbeing ten years old she may feel like she isn't in that space any more and dont want the track or the song represented by her.. To use what's going on with rick Ross she may have agreed on the vocals in principle but one the final cut hear the sh*t about r*pe and says naw no use..
It's more sad that papoose could never drop these records before. Kay slay may not have been a great thing for pap cus his wave is just not strong at all.
that stuff is usually worked out before artists even record.at tha time it was recorded,pap was on fire,but now he isnt so she has somethin to say.if it was drake instead of papoose,i doubt she would have an issue here
 5 years ago '04        #27
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,645 | Props total: 2651 2651
Watermarking Twitter screen caps
 5 years ago '11        #28
beast1412 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,012 | Props total: 608 608
Who curr
 5 years ago '13        #29
SinceWayback 15 heat pts15
space
space
$1,862 | Props total: 511 511

[pic - click to view]

so beautiful
 03-30-2013, 05:37 PM         #30
MoP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
loll
Naww she basic, but I saw her perform once. Ddnt expect her a.ss to be so fat
 5 years ago '06        #31
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,326 | Props total: 18283 18283
strungout gave props

03-30-2013, 06:25 PM         #32
Joe DC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 monrowe said:

5 years ago '12        #33
cubes 4 heat pts
space
space
$12,587 | Props total: 6046 6046
 PotheadFocker said:
Now the profits from all 20 copies sold going to Mrs. Badu
 d2921 said:
Pap how much money you actually made of this cd 200-300 dollars ?
Trashpoose LAWST!!!!
strungout gave props

5 years ago '04        #34
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
He best hope he doesn't do Kreayshawn numbers or he bout to be in the red
 03-30-2013, 06:36 PM         #35
Joe DC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLEEK said:
The 'time' on the record really dont mean sh*t here...I think thats what y'all are getting effed up

The way it works....yeah artists do record for each other and such without receiving payment up front....

You tell me 'I got a million dollar budget for my project" and we go in the lab and cut a record or two...you get the rest of it done...then when the label starts clearing records and paying people to appear you should contact my management/lawyer/publisher with the proper clearance paperwork to pay me to be on that joint.

Instead hes now put her in a position to where the people shes signed to, the people that pretty much are invested in her are looking at her like "Thats a check we missed homie".....So now she looksl ike a fool to her own team.

Furthermore Papoose probably gathered ALOT of those features back when he actually had a deal and budget in place.....he more than likely aint got that sh*t no more but he still had the pro tools files so he said fu*k it and ran with it.

He really should have just released that sh*t as a mixtape joint...mainly because he didn't have the 'okay' to go in...That sh*t happens ALOT more then you know....where a rapper will get have an old feature they held onto but have no contact or anything with that particular artist because situations changed...so you just see a random a.ss record pop up with 'so an so featuring this big name artist'...happens alot

Its horrible business on his part.
 5 years ago '04        #36
Tay187213 105 heat pts105
space
space
space
$1,510 | Props total: 11 11

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #37
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,969 | Props total: 4681 4681
 Tay187213 said:

[pic - click to view]

Whatever all that sh*t is, it ain't workin
 5 years ago '10        #38
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Tay187213 said:

[pic - click to view]

This n*gga been tryna post whatever this sh*t is for 2 hours now
 5 years ago '12        #39
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Tay187213 said:

[pic - click to view]

mail attachment googleusercontent?

n*gga was probably digging out 10-year-old e-mails of a lose a.ssociate of erykah sending him an mp3 of the hook and giving him rights to use it for a mixtape
 5 years ago '12        #40
xplizit 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
This n*gga been tryna post whatever this sh*t is for 2 hours now
strungout gave props

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
122 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
49 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy