Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
27 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '13        #1
7852 pageviews
14 comments

Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
The meaning behind Tyler, The Creators Wolf?

Well if your like me, when listening to the music of Tyler,The Creators latest album wolf, you where probably asking yourself who the hell is Sam,Salem and Wolf. I thought the chick he likes name was Sarah or some sh*t. Though Dr.TC seems familiar cause he was mentioned on Goblin.

This brought me to do research about it and find many discussions online about how all three albums are connected.

Among them I found this interesting post on kanyetothe that brought up a big discusion on it.

[pic - click to view]

I Don't Get The Story « Kanye West Forum

Which eventually led me to find this article on redit:
So i'm on my second listen and I think I have the story down.

Wolf - Intro to the album. Sam is playing the piano as Dr. TC walks in and complements him on his playing. He introduces Sam to Tyler and vice versa. As Dr. TC walks out he says he has to finish filling out field trip slips. Tyler tries to be friends with Sam but Sam isn't having any of that.

Jamba - Jamba means Fart in Swahili, meaning Tyler and Hodgy are just talking sh-t in this song. How much money they have and how they have gotten rich. At the end of the song, I think it's Domo tells Tyler he doesn't smoke so stop talking that sh-t basically. As he's talking to Tyler Sam appears.

Cowboy - I'm a.ssuming this is a Sam song. He talks about Salem and Slater who must be people already at Flog Gnaw. I think the title Cowboy means that he rides alone. It's only him. At the end Tyler meets Salem.

Awkward - I think this song could be about Sam and Salem meeting and falling in love. The distorted voice could mean that it is Sam talking. The singing at the end saying, "You're my girlfriend," must mean it's Sam singing to Salem.

Domo23 - No meaning to the title, it was the title of the beat when Tyler made it and never changed. I think the song represents Tyler's shows and his performances. At the end him saying, "I don't want yo god damn lettuce," could mean he just wants to do this for fun and doesn't care about getting money from it yet they still give it to him.

Answer - A make believe conversation between Tyler and his dad in the beginning of the song. He talks about how his father not being there started his rapping career and he thinks of Clancy as a father figure. He never really calls his dad from the last line of the verse, "if i ever had the chance to ask this n*gga, and call him, I hope you answer." The second verse starts and he's telling the problems he and his friends are having. He drops a hint that his grandma by saying she's just nostalgic meaning she's just in the past, something he remembers. So when he calls her she won't answer. Third verse comes and he's talking about a girl (maybe Salem).

Slater/ Escape-ism - A Sam song (maybe). Talking about what kind of person he is. He's disrespectful to women and doesn't give a fu-k. Sam is an angry person. Oh and Slater is a bike not a person. Sam likes to play jazz. At the end with Frank, Salem is sitting on Slater's handlebars, her hair blowing in the wind. Sam knows he's the man with Salem and Slater. Frank tells that Slater is just a bike and bullies Sam for talking to it.

48 - Nas excerpt, awesome. Sam song i'm pretty sure. He's talking about selling blow, which is something Tyler would not do. Sam is all over the map, he's in 48 out of 50 states. He runs the coke game. Mr. Treat Your Nose runs the country. Sam says he's sorry for what he's done to people's lives and dreams. He's in way too deep and he's scared to death. Nas is explaining how Sam feels.

Colossus/ The Bridge of Love - Tyler song. About how people d!ck ride him while he's trying to have fun at Six Flags. A guy comes up to him and explains his love for him. This guy worships Tyler and is going crazy. Tyler is telling him it's weird how much affection this guy has for him, but the guy keeps going. Tyler is shocked but still takes the picture with the guy.

Partyisntover/ Campfire/ Bimmer - Partyisntover first. I think Tyler is hitting on Salem in this song, "Take a chance with a n*gga, like me." Campfire now. Tyler and everybody are now at Camp Flog Gnaw. He loves it and is having fun. He's becoming a different person. Bimmer (love this song) Tyler is hitting on Salem again at camp now. "Your man got a lame impala," talking about Sam. Tyler wants to take Salem away from Sam. He knows Salem is unhappy with Sam. Sam finds out that Salem and Tyler (Wolf) are together now.

IFHY - First off this Pharell feature is awesome. Now, this is Sam's "song" to Salem. He fu-king hates her. He caught feelings being with her and is now hurt. Not sure what he's talking about with adding more color. He hates Salem but also loves her at the same time. The anger starts to build up and you can tell that Sam really loved this girl, he says he'll stop breathing if she leaves him. Tyler asks Salem why Sam is such a d!ck, Salem tells him he's not the guy he portrays to be and came to Camp Flog Gnaw because he ran away from home after what happened there.

Pigs - Sam song. This is about Sam's life before running away. Sam is bullied and hated by everybody and is lonely. Sam is talking about revenge and getting back at everybody. He wants to take over his town. Sam k!lls a little kid and k!lled his step father. He talks about k!lling all of his classmates and the girl that said no to him when he asked her to prom. There are four Sam's, I think it's Sam's group of friends that are helping him murder people.
Parking Lot - Sam song again. The first verse talks about him raping a girl basically. Sam talks about how he's the sh-t again. His group is the Loiter Squad and they're getting together to get Tyler. Somebody warns Tyler that Sam is looking for him to k!ll him.

Rusty- Not sure what the voice mail means at the beginning of the song. Tyler gets Domo and Earl together to help him f!ght Sam. I think they are just meeting that's why they are sort of introducing themselves (how they just talk about themselves) to each other. Sam comes in at the end of the song and shoots Earl.

Trashwang - Lee Spielman going crazy on this. The f!ght song? I think it represents Tyler's group and Sam's group mixing. Or, it could be the rest of Sam's crew coming in after Sam shoots Earl and comes looking for Tyler. At the end Salem says, "What the fu-k was that?"

Treehome95 - A song that Salem (Coco O.) wrote. I'm not sure who Erykah Badu represents though. I'm not even sure who Salem is singing this song to in the first place, maybe to Sam after saying what the fu-k was that she's trying to calm him down.

Tamale - TAMALE TAMALE TAMALE TAMALE TAMALE TAMALE TAMALEEEEEEEE. A Tyler song I believe. I think this song is talking about Tyler acting up at camp (possibly after Salem went back to Sam). He gets caught jerking off and is taken to the office

Lone/ Jornada - Jornada means Day in spanish. Tyler is talking to Dr. TC in this song. Not sure
why it's called day but Tyler is talking about the problems he's having to Dr. TC. At the end TC asks Tyler about Sam to which Tyler replies, "If I seen that n*gga I would have k!lled him."
Source:
[pic - click to view]

Track By Track Story of Wolf : OFWGKTA

image All of this makes me think either Tyler is a genius, or in the end this will all be a dream. Perhaps even both of these things are true image

Their is also a theory that Wolf and Sam are both within him. Wolf being the more Romantic him that is trying to impress Salem and Sam being the wild and reckless version of himself. Which is why he either of them k!lled each other yet.

Also Sam(is dead) from the Odd Future tape volume 2 also comes into the equation here.

Which makes things one big mind fu-k! Im interested to see what the rest of you have to say about this or some of your own theories.

Last edited by Guvnor; 03-29-2013 at 06:34 PM..

14 comments for "The meaning behind Tyler, The Creators Wolf"

5 years ago '11        #2
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,337 | Props total: 8506 8506
The more I try to nail the story down in my mind the more confused I become. Basically Wolf is a pre-quel to the story started in Bastard and continued in Goblin. It takes place at Camp Flog Gnaw. What I originally took from it is someone steals dudes girlfriend and Earl gets headshot in the process

I think most of it is just Tyler is crazy as sh*t with multiple personalities
 5 years ago '05        #3
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,447 | Props total: 25137 25137
...Pretty Sure n*ggas Already Been Discussing This In The Discussion Thread
 5 years ago '11        #4
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
Get someone to merge it then. The thread hadn't been bumped in a while. And I hadn't seen any posts summing it all up in there mostly confused people like myself trying to piece the sh*t together
 5 years ago '11        #5
Chiddy 81 heat pts81
space
space
$6,768 | Props total: 4511 4511
Theres a giant a.ss thread about this on odd future talk, that talks exactly about this, the storyline. You can get some good theories and sht over there.
 03-29-2013, 05:25 PM         #6
Maafa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t just got real
 5 years ago '13        #7
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122 OP
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
My Bad. I didn't know.

Also here is a link to the odd future forums discusion on it.

5 years ago '10        #8
SeattleLost 797 heat pts797
space
space
space
$64,608 | Props total: 8489 8489
all i see is a bunch of "not sure"
 5 years ago '04        #9
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,443 | Props total: 6513 6513
wait most of these beats on here was when he was 16?

5 years ago '13        #10
space
space
 justinjones said:
wait most of these beats on here was when he was 16?

Nah Who told you that?

I doubt it but wouldn't be surprised if they where.
 03-29-2013, 09:09 PM         #11
antoniob321 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
eh, i just fu*king listen to the music. thats all that matters to me is the dope music.
 5 years ago '11        #12
space
space
 JickBangz said:
Nah Who told you that?

I doubt it but wouldn't be surprised if they where.
Yeah they are. Thats been known for quite some time. He added songs but a lot of the jazz / neptunes sounding sh*t is from when he was 15
 5 years ago '12        #13
Free Trotty 352 heat pts352
space
space
$10,128 | Props total: 4053 4053
 PotheadFocker said:
Yeah they are. Thats been known for quite some time. He added songs but a lot of the jazz / neptunes sounding sh*t is from when he was 15

Is this dude Tyler a modern artistic genius?

He's on it from all angles.

From story telling to music production to composing to graphic design to screenwriting to directing
 5 years ago '13        #14
space
space
 PotheadFocker said:
Wow! That's fu*king insane.

Im 18 and could barley make any good beats. He made those joints when he was 15. He must have been really dedicated.

Last edited by Guvnor; 03-29-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
158 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago