DaOmega_1 reviews "The Host" & "Tyler Perry's Temptation"

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
112 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
69 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '13        #81
Ta388 
space
space
$4,066 | Props total: 2448 2448
 j3rz said:
Damn this review of temptation suggests that its worse than why did i get married 2 smh my girl still gonna wanna see it.. oh well im gonna make her a.ss sit through man of steel then
Don't believe it. I just saw Temptation and it was good. Got some lessons in it
 5 years ago '05        #82
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,835 | Props total: 4102 4102
 Ta388 said:
Don't believe it. I just saw Temptation and it was good. Got some lessons in it
Tyler Perry, is that you?
 5 years ago '05        #83
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
No it aint... Its not that bad... Prolly a 4 out of ten... The movie didnt have alot of plot or character development... It was like a tv episode on film

But you went overboard on the 1/10... For a one out of ten, IMHO, NOTHING in the film has to work... I would literally have to be one of those scary movie 15, movie 43, haunted house type of movies or be BELLY 3 starring (soulja boy as the lead) type sh*t

Matta fact, TP's Madeas's happy family was prolly a 2 out of ten str8 up...forgettable, stupid, embarrassing to sit through

I know you hate TP dude, but dont allow that to compromise your review
Negro, please. First of all, I don't hate Tyler Perry as a person or even as an artist. When I give it a 1.0, that means that next to nothing about the film, in my opinion, worked as a whole. The direction is amateurish, the dialogue is f*cking awful (even for him), the acting is across-the-board overdramatic and cheesy, the way they treat the serious issues & the consequences felt so trite, so meaningless, so cheap, that it took out any possible value that the hard facts-of-life ending could've had.

Subtlety goes a long way when it comes to making something like this work. But, since there is absolutely no shades-of-grey in Tyler Perry's world, since everyone is a cartoonishly black-and-white melodramatic stereotype, it's impossible for me to believe or to feel for what's going on. For the most part, the movie is boring. That is until the 3rd act, which is when it becomes f*cking retarded. The level of stupid pretentious self-morality this film is willing to go to made it disgusting and offensive, to me.

You can like it, that's fine. But, I'm sticking by my rating. it's sh*t. And, I feel comfortable saying that.
 5 years ago '04        #84
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,107 | Props total: 1360 1360
 BlackRepub85 said:
And white actors/producers/directors don't do the exact same thing?
Exactly.

Well written review, although, one person's review of something doesn't move me one way of the other. I'm not going to pay to see it because...thankfully, the women I actually date, don't want to see it.
 5 years ago '10        #85
kingjab7542 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,354 | Props total: 587 587
So this is the first time I've seen any one of TP's movies(went with my girl) and holy fu*k that was bad

The big"twist" were easily guessable in the first 20 minutes

And So many plot holes

First rich dude says he left his ex in college then on the plane says she took all these nice things for granted. Unless he was rich as fu*k in college this is a major fu*kup by the writers

They never explained what happened to rich HIV dude(fu*k a spoiler alert. Y'all ain't going see this sh*t)

And HOW IN THE fu*k did Lance Gross and his ex wife get old while Brandy didn't age at all???

Only redeeming quality in this is the cheating hoe got HIV, lost a good man and job, and now walks with a Kevin McHale limp
 5 years ago '04        #86
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,634 | Props total: 3163 3163
After seeing it last night the sh*t was like watching my girl try on clothes but its cool the summer is mine starting with the Kendrick concert the 24th
 5 years ago '09        #87
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7950 7950
 Maroon_Tiger said:
No it aint... Its not that bad... Prolly a 4 out of ten..
a 4 out of 10 IS bad
 5 years ago '05        #88
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
.. No sh*t but a 1/10 is like something you should wear a scarlet letter for watching

The difference b/w a 4 and a 1 are very significant
No, a 0.0 is the one you wear a scarlet letter for watching. Like, those who went to see "Battleship" and liked it are people I will never ever take seriously.

When it's a 1.0, for me, it's the bottom of the barrel before getting into unwatchable territory. If people like it, I might strongly question their tastes, but it won't be as drastic as if it's a 0.0...
 03-31-2013, 03:10 PM         #89
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Negro, please. First of all, I don't hate Tyler Perry as a person or even as an artist. When I give it a 1.0, that means that next to nothing about the film, in my opinion, worked as a whole. The direction is amateurish, the dialogue is f*cking awful (even for him), the acting is across-the-board overdramatic and cheesy, the way they treat the serious issues & the consequences felt so trite, so meaningless, so cheap, that it took out any possible value that the hard facts-of-life ending could've had.

Subtlety goes a long way when it comes to making something like this work. But, since there is absolutely no shades-of-grey in Tyler Perry's world, since everyone is a cartoonishly black-and-white melodramatic stereotype, it's impossible for me to believe or to feel for what's going on. For the most part, the movie is boring. That is until the 3rd act, which is when it becomes f*cking retarded. The level of stupid pretentious self-morality this film is willing to go to made it disgusting and offensive, to me.

You can like it, that's fine. But, I'm sticking by my rating. it's sh*t. And, I feel comfortable saying that.
I can tell you love film because of this break down Im the same way when ever i watch movies. I tend to dissect bad movies because of acting, the cinematography, the score, dialog etc.

Ive found it to be a gift and a curse.

I watched this movie "4 Life" the other day and dear god was it horrific. I like some low budget gangster flicks but this was soooooooo bad. I couldnt turn it off because it so bad i had to keep watching
 5 years ago '11        #90
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
 Blah said:

[spoiler - click to view]

is that how the movie ends^?
dont plan on watching it, feel free to spoil it

[spoiler - click to view]

But yea this movie is pretty bad. The acting was horrible. I understand Tyler is giving black actors work, but none of the black actors in this movie are capable of carrying a movie. The movie is very predictable too. The side views of Kim Kardashian might actually be the best things about the movie, and its not alot of those. The ending doesn't even really make sense, nor does it even attempt to explain its self. And of course it has the annoying overly religious factor that most TP movies have.
 5 years ago '05        #91
space
space
 bbrossy313 said:
I can tell you love film because of this break down Im the same way when ever i watch movies. I tend to dissect bad movies because of acting, the cinematography, the score, dialog etc.

Ive found it to be a gift and a curse.

I watched this movie "4 Life" the other day and dear god was it horrific. I like some low budget gangster flicks but this was soooooooo bad. I couldnt turn it off because it so bad i had to keep watching
I find that legitimately good movies tend to have things about them that is so good, it distracts from whatever flaws it has. So, you can easily forgive those flaws.

With a bad movie, when things are just off about it, it pulls you out of the movie, and makes you focus on what is bad about it. I don't think any of us wanna go into any movie and hate it.
 5 years ago '11        #92
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Omega, I saw that you mentioned Why Did I Get Married (& the sequel) as Tyler's best. They were both decent movies, but what about "Daddy's Little Girls"
 5 years ago '05        #93
space
space
 HipHop Since 93 said:
Omega, I saw that you mentioned Why Did I Get Married (& the sequel) as Tyler's best. They were both decent movies, but what about "Daddy's Little Girls"
Eh, that one was just boring to me. Of all his movies, that one felt the most bland.
 5 years ago '07        #94
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,459 | Props total: 69965 69965
1 outta 10? lol what?

nah brotha nahhh

high school sweethearts? no, theyve known each other since 6 years old. it goes deeper than that..

i do agree, all the actors sucked, but the story was great til the end when it was like, oh im with harley then bam i got hiv then bam then bam. that movie was at a great speed til then when sh*t seemed rushed

i liked the movie, it brought attention to sh*t that goes on in society everyday. maybe not a billionaire, but women that arent happy and cheat on their spouse or vice versa and still stay. this wasnt a movie, it was pretty much a wakeup call, u can be holy all your life, and u cheat ONCE and u got HIV???? that sh*t happens son. that character life transformed in a matter of months, from struggling to be successful, married with a faithful husband and all that sh*t to alone with HIV.

i disagree, movie wasnt BAD, sh*t wasnt tylers best work either.

not to mention, it was a story being told to a chick that was cheating on her husband saved her marriage in that movie. too bad only michael bay with cartoon robots get 5s and higher lemme guess "42" gonna get a 3 cuz racism doesnt exist anymore?

Last edited by Bkjj11; 04-01-2013 at 01:54 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #95
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,067 | Props total: 30378 30378
 DaOmega_1 said:
Someone's gotta do it so y'all don't have to.

I rarely watch movies.... but, your contributions are appreciated.
 5 years ago '05        #96
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Why did i get married too, was equally as bad as temptation
Disagreed. Why Did I Get Married Too had characters who had nuances, and has story beats that, as crazy as they might've been, made sense within the internal logic of the film. Meanwhile, this is just a mess. Poorly conceived, poorly thought-through.
 5 years ago '07        #97
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,459 | Props total: 69965 69965
 Peterparker said:
Michael Bay in the same garbage can as Tyler Perry when it comes to directing. That's the point some ppl are making even though you have a right to ur opinion. It aint the message it's the execution. He's just a horrible director.

It's like a rapper saying something positive on the record. Yeah the lyrics and content is there but the production is trash and your voice is a.ss and the mic quality is horrible and you have no flow nor persona or charisma on the mic to give it that extra something special. That's a Tyler Perry movie except alot of his movies have coonery in it. Not saying this one does but it does add to the stereotypes.

I mean in the movies for Colored Women it was somewhat a scenario of a woman getting HIV from her lover. Cheating within the marriage has already been done in his movies before. Ppl are just stating his movies are predictable and badly written.
agree...
 5 years ago '04        #98
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
 Matt504 said:
but that's what his target audience usually does, rationalize this through the prism of real life, that's why he's able to get away with releasing such horrible movies, because we've been conditioned to say "that's what's really going on anyway".

Tyler Perry's movies are extremely harmful for Black people, and our collective stockholm syndrome will make us f!ght tooth and nail to defend lowlife scum like Perry, who in my opinion is complicit in the destruction of Black people by promoting filth such as this.

I said the same exact thing to some of my co-workers (they were black of course), and they were defending this guy like its their life on the line. He's making the same movies over and over again, stereotyping black people with the cooning, shucking and jiving. Not only do you see that, you see Tyler Perry wearing a damn dress..and yet black people that call themselves "Christians" support this nonsense.
 5 years ago '04        #99
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 pbballin said:
That's the chic that was friends with Michelle on Full House ain't it? damn she done grown up quite nicely
Yeah that's her. She was also in that Great Debater movie..
 5 years ago '04        #100
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
 Matt504 said:
because he does it in all in the name of God, Black people were beat for 400 years while slave masters read off scriptures from the bible to justify it.

Tyler Perry is the worst kind of wolf, not only is he in women's clothing, he's in sheep's clothing as well, manipulating our people for profit and destroying their minds in the process.

What does a young impressionable mind think when they see a Black man, who's supposed to be a strong protective figure, is parading around in a dress, makeup, heels, etc... and people are laughing up a storm? They're going to a.ssume that this behavior is accepted and tolerable and in fact encouraged if you want to elicit a few laughs here and there.

Tyler Perry is not down for us, I don't care how many Black actors he hires, the end message from the final movie is what matters to me, and from Tyler, it's a consistently negative narrative.
Crazy that you mention that its all supposed to be in the name of God, yet its so much buffoonery, exploitation, violence, cursing, and cross dressing in his movies, that it makes it contradicts itself. As I said before, you got blacks that call themselves "Christians" that support this, knowing how they're big hypocrites. These so called Christians know that in the Bible it says that man shouldn't be wearing women's clothing, yet they go support this man that wears women's clothing..

Got black people laughing at this nonsense thinking its comedy when the sh*t's not funny at all...that sh*t is embarrassing, and I don't consider myself a part of those black people..then at the same time, you got people of other races (mainly white people), that laugh at black people and think that all black people really act like that..

Black people that support this guy and the way he exploits his own people are still mental slaves..

AND when people say that he always has a positive message in the movies, I don't see it...Yet when I ask these people "What are the messages behind these movies?", they can't even give me a good answer, or can't even think of anything to say...

Last edited by knowughetto; 04-01-2013 at 07:56 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy