Steph Kegels
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #61
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,183 | Props total: 2587 2587
Dammmm.. I may be getting drug to see this movie tonight. Sumamabich..
 5 years ago '05        #62
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,949 | Props total: 6187 6187
i like the story but movie could have been better. Just shows man people are selfish and only care about there own selfish needs. She got what she deserved in this movie.
 5 years ago '13        #63
YungFranchise5 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,543 | Props total: 36 36
First and foremost, shoutout to Omega for this review, its much appreciated. I will definitely not be wasting my time on seeing this. Now down to business, by how active this thread is, one can tell how controversial Tyler Perry's work is. Exploitation is the key behind most movies he puts out (aside from the Why did I get Married Series). It's sad because its either a down low brother (For Colored Girls), or an ignorant baby's mother (Madea's Big Happy Family) that somehow highlight the film. I've never personally been a big fan of his films because I don't see how they advance Black culture. If anything, they further the already skewed or ill conceived notions that people have about African Americans. But like any business, its about the $$$ and if these sad depictions keep bringing in record numbers, then they will keep coming. I guess that 's why heads wait on line for his movies like they do for j's...

[pic - click to view]

03-30-2013, 03:27 PM         #64
bigsyke19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Okay TP is a gay as fu*k, but some people sound like they jealous. Dat n*gga tell real stories that happen here and there. Nobody saying every back man and black woman is like that every fu*king day. See blacks are so insecure....A white person does a bad role. But every white person is not considered like the character.

So who fault is that?

And like the other guy said, every time someone does positive hip hop or a positive black movie, you bugz bunny talkin a.ss n*ggas don't never fu*king support it. If you do then you have room to talk, but if you dont, THEN shut the fu*k up. People love controversy and problems in stories because that's what life is full of. You try your best to teach a life lesson to the younger generation through these stereotypical stories.
 5 years ago '07        #65
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 DaOmega_1 said:
Someone's gotta do it so y'all don't have to.

Fair enough. I figured the Host would be sh*t after I knew it was going to be made into a movie.

Stephen King said it best about Meyer she's a terrible but successful writer.

Last edited by TH35; 03-30-2013 at 05:23 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #66
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,839 | Props total: 4138 4138
 TH35 said:
Fair enough. I figured the Host would be sh*t after I knew it was going to be made into a movie.

Stephen King said it best about Meyer she's a terrible but successful writer.
I'm more pissed about Andrew Niccol further degrading himself as a filmmaker by making this sh*t. The same guy who made Gattaca... and Lord of War... and wrote "The Truman Show" (one of my favorite screenplays ever)... went out and made this sh*t.
 5 years ago '12        #67
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 all3rd said:
Yea for some reason my step sister went to see that and she was like 1 of 3 white people in the thater telling me all the rachet stuff most the audience (especially the crowd calling Kim a wh0ore and trash) and (oooo give me my 15 dollars bi*ch I knew she was going to cheat on her man.) said and that stupid plot. Also major
[spoiler - click to view]

finally a win for the brothers

[spoiler - click to view]

:
 5 years ago '05        #68
space
space
 bigsyke19 said:
Okay TP is a gay as fu*k, but some people sound like they jealous. Dat n*gga tell real stories that happen here and there. Nobody saying every back man and black woman is like that every fu*king day. See blacks are so insecure....A white person does a bad role. But every white person is not considered like the character.

So who fault is that?

And like the other guy said, every time someone does positive hip hop or a positive black movie, you bugz bunny talkin a.ss n*ggas don't never fu*king support it. If you do then you have room to talk, but if you dont, THEN shut the fu*k up. People love controversy and problems in stories because that's what life is full of. You try your best to teach a life lesson to the younger generation through these stereotypical stories.
1). There are more diverse portrayals out there of white folks than there are of black folks. So, your point is moot.

2). Nothing is real about his stories. He uses real social issues, but they don't even come close to resembling reality in the slightest. Again, another moot point.

3). It's easy to say "when there's something positive, black people don't support it" when the vast majority of the positive stuff is independently made, independently produced, and doesn't have the kind of awareness/advertising/clout that a Tyler Perry production has. So, the incentive to seek that stuff out is lower when folks don't know that there's other options. Again, a moot point.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 03-31-2013 at 12:30 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #69
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 DaOmega_1 said:
1). There are more diverse portrayals out there of white folks than there are of black folks. So, you're point is moot.

2). Nothing is real about his stories. He uses real social issues, but they don't even come close to resembling reality in the slightest. Again, another moot point.

3). It's easy to say "when there's something positive, black people don't support it" when the vast majority of the positive stuff is independently made, independently produced, and doesn't have the kind of awareness/advertising/clout that a Tyler Perry production has. So, the incentive to seek that stuff out is lower when folks don't know that there's other options. Again, a moot point.
so much truth in this post right here

why you flame dude like that your ruthless
 5 years ago '04        #70
9th ward Bally 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,650 | Props total: 2895 2895
I'm a walk in the TP movie while everyone's sitting down before the movie starts and scream out the ending so I could p!ss everybody off and then I'm a walk across the hall and watch the GI Joe movie like a fu*kin boss....
Girl gonna be like,"you know you pissed them off, right?"

Like I give a fu*k....
[pic - click to view]

Last edited by 9th ward Bally; 03-30-2013 at 08:10 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #71
space
space
 9th ward Bally said:
I'm a walk in the TP movie while everyone's sitting down before the movie starts and scream out the ending so I could p!ss everybody off and then I'm a walk across the hall and watch the GI Joe movie like a fu*kin boss....
Girl gonna be like,"you know you pissed them off, right?"

Like I give a fu*k....
[pic - click to view]

The type of audience TP gets are ratchet as hell, man. Be prepared to have an exit strategy, or else they'll tear you apart. lol
 03-30-2013, 08:38 PM         #72
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
The type of audience TP gets are ratchet as hell, man. Be prepared to have an exit strategy, or else they'll tear you apart. lol
They wont be able to hear him because everyone in the crowd will already be talking over the movie
 5 years ago '04        #73
9th ward Bally 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,650 | Props total: 2895 2895
 DaOmega_1 said:
And I'm saying,"fu*k 'em"
 5 years ago '05        #74
space
space
 9th ward Bally said:
 5 years ago '05        #75
space
space
Oh, and I forgot to mention Kim K's acting mostly because I'm trying to forget that I witness her horrendous acting.
 5 years ago '10        #76
Pop-N-Fresh 19 heat pts19
space
space
$5,941 | Props total: 3034 3034
 bbrossy313 said:
what kind of real world problems does adam sandler expoilt that are on the level of Tyler Perry's exploits of the black community

My girl kept askin.." how did you know...???"

Cuz its a TP movie duh!!!
 5 years ago '05        #77
Monolith 
space
space
$690 | Props total: 8 8
 bbrossy313 said:
They wont be able to hear him because everyone in the crowd will already be talking over the movie
That's why I can't stand going to the movies until a couple of weeks after the movie is playing. The talking is ridiculous and the cell phones light up the theater brighter than the screen.
 5 years ago '05        #78
space
space
 Monolith said:
That's why I can't stand going to the movies until a couple of weeks after the movie is playing. The talking is ridiculous and the cell phones light up the theater brighter than the screen.
For the most part, I only run into that kind of nonsense at free screenings (which is how I see most movies).
 5 years ago '05        #79
space
space
 Peterparker said:

Smart innovative, creative MAKES YOU THINK in non inferior roles.
I've been looking forward to that film ever since I saw the trailer a few months ago. Any word on when it'll be out?
 5 years ago '08        #80
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,063 | Props total: 4850 4850
 9th ward Bally said:
Jesus
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy