DaOmega_1 reviews "The Host" & "Tyler Perry's Temptation"

most viewed right now
 263
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 116
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 108
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 67
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
10284 pageviews
145 comments


DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
avatar space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
DaOmega_1 reviews "The Host" & "Tyler Perry's Temptation"
 

 
Ugh.... Where to start.


Tyler Perry's newest film is one he calls his most powerful yet. It isn't. It is his most mesmerizingly terrible movie yet. This film is just incorrect, mistaken even, in its decisions & its plotting. Based on another Tyler Perry play (one of the better ones, if you ask me), it tells the story of a marriage counselor who is married to her high school sweetheart. But, their marriage is growing difficult. Howere, a new rich multibillionaire comes in, and wants to invest in the marriage counselor. He also wants to claim her as his. So, the marriage counselor is torn between the temptation of this rich guy, and being faithful to her husband...

And, Kim Kardashian-West is in it for some reason.

This movie has the subtlety of a sledgehammer. The movie, for an hour, seems only concerned with providing us a series of differences between each man, and the story contrivances just pile on... and on... and on. There are weird unrealistic (even by f*cking soap opera standards) character shifts that only serve Tyler Perry's logic-challenged storytelling. These actors overact in a way that can ONLY come from a director over-directing them. Everyone has two speeds. Everyone is a flat cardboard cut-out. Everyone is unlikeable. We can't root for the billionaire, because apparently he's a drug addicted, abusive, and narcissistic douche who has a coven a "hoes", and has AIDS. We can't root for the marriage counselor, because... well, she's stupid. She doesn't use common sense, and she seems to take her brain out, and become a dunder-headed idiot (which is a troubling trend on Perry's part, because this is what he seems to think about women).

So, surely we must be able to root for the husband, right? NOPE. Turns out, when he's not busy being a milquetoast personality-less nobody, he's not noticing that his wife obviously is f*cking THIS OTHER DUDE. There is NO story contrivance that isn't covered here. It's all loud, it's all dumb, and it exists under the illusion that it's much smarter and more profound than it actually is. Oh, and Jesus is in there somewhere also.

This is a new low, even for Tyler Perry. This is the worst qualities of his films all lumped into one big mega-sh*t movie. If this is the type of garbage he's gonna churn out in place of Madea movies, then give me Madea any day over the piece of crap movie. Avoid at all costs, even if you are a Tyler Perry fan, which if you are, God help you.

SCORE: 1.0 (out of 10) = CRAPPIEST


Stephanie Meyer does it again. If Vampires & Werewolves weren't enough, she returns to corrupt another favorite genre of ours... SCIENCE FICTION. On the surface, this "idea" could've been a good one if handled by someone else. But, it is used to just tell a lame romantic teen soap opera story that would've been right at home on The WB during the 90's.

So, we have a future in which these Aliens called "Souls" have invaded our planet, and have taken over the bodies of most of the human race. As a result, there is world piece, no hunger, no poverty, etc. So, we follow this character of Melanie who is a part of some human resistance. She gets cornered by the police of this future headed by a woman only known as "The Seeker". She tries to k!ll herself when she is cornered so they don't turn her into an alien. Turns out, it doesn't work. They take her, and she becomes one of them. But, the soul of "Melanie" still exists in her body, while the new Alien soul calls herself "Wanderer".

So, we get the bulk of this movie with voiceover conversations between "Wanderer" and "Melanie". And, these conversations are written with all the intelligence of a 14 year old... Like Twilight. The bulk of this movie is spent between these two "characters" debating each other about life and all that crap. That is until she (or they?) fall in with the human resistance. Melanie was very much in love with this guy, but "Wanderer" is falling for some other guy. So, there's this 4 way love "triangle" that becomes the main focus of the film. Ugh.... k!ll me now.

When the movie isn't concerned with being a f*cking stupid mopey teen drama with bad stilted acting, it's hard at work being a not-at-all subtle metaphor for "abstinence" and "virginity". It's so obvious, so up front, that one can't watch this film without laughing. I wish I could laugh, except that this comes from Andrew Niccol, the one promising writer of "The Truman Show", and director of "Lord of War" and "Gattaca". Is this what his talents have been reduced to? This sh*t? And, I know Stephanie Meyer's material is awful, but there is NO excuse for sleepwalking through this damn movie.

Skip this turd.

SCORE: 2.0 (out of 10) = CRAPPIER

So, there you have it. I'll have a review for "GI Joe: Retaliation" in a few days. Let me know what y'all think below, and as always, thanks for reading.


Last edited by DaOmega_1; 03-29-2013 at 09:20 AM..

145 comments for "DaOmega_1 reviews "The Host" & "Tyler Perry's Temptation""

 5 years ago '04        #2
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
Nice reviews, I had no plans to see either of these movies anyway but thanks for justifying my choice
 5 years ago '11        #3
j3rz 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,972 | Props total: 854 854
Damn this review of temptation suggests that its worse than why did i get married 2 smh my girl still gonna wanna see it.. oh well im gonna make her a.ss sit through man of steel then
 5 years ago '05        #4
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,445 | Props total: 7088 7088
Why would you watch these movies, let alone review them?
 5 years ago '09        #5
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
avatar space
space
$15,518 | Props total: 5708 5708
Ahhh, another day another bad Tyler Perry movie
 5 years ago '04        #6
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
avatar space
space
$17,563 | Props total: 2416 2416
Did the main chick die at the end of the TP movie?
 5 years ago '05        #7
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
avatar space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
 Maroon_Tiger said:
... already got tickets booked to see this with the wife... i guess the silver lining is that i get to see journee smotlet on screen, a fully reclining seat and popcorn/etc

from the looks of things... Tyler Perry didnt offer a screening to the critics
Dude, she doesn't even get nekkid in this movie.
 5 years ago '05        #8
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
avatar space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
 NBA Brawler said:
Did the main chick die at the end of the TP movie?

[spoiler - click to view]



I'll say that the movie has one of the most mind-blowingly retarded final acts I've seen in a while. The sh*t Tyler Perry pulls almost makes it worth the watch. Almost.
 5 years ago '12        #9
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
avatar space
space
$5,852 | Props total: 3480 3480
 DaOmega_1 said:

[spoiler - click to view]



I'll say that the movie has one of the most mind-blowingly retarded final acts I've seen in a while. The sh*t Tyler Perry pulls almost makes it worth the watch. Almost.


My girl wants to to see this... I am intrigued now to see this ending...
 5 years ago '05        #10
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
avatar space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
 TRILL SH1T said:


My girl wants to to see this... I am intrigued now to see this ending...
No, I didn't say "the ending", I said "the final act"... The ending is inconsequential. Dude, if you see this movie, your girl owes you big time, because this movie is a f*cking chore to sit through.
 5 years ago '04        #11
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 DaOmega_1 said:
Ugh.... Where to start.


Tyler Perry's newest film is one he calls his most powerful yet. It isn't. It is his most mesmerizingly terrible movie yet. This film is just incorrect, mistaken even, in its decisions & its plotting. Based on another Tyler Perry play (one of the better ones, if you ask me), it tells the story of a marriage counselor who is married to her high school sweetheart. But, their marriage is growing difficult. Howere, a new rich multibillionaire comes in, and wants to invest in the marriage counselor. He also wants to claim her as his. So, the marriage counselor is torn between the temptation of this rich guy, and being faithful to her husband...

And, Kim Kardashian-West is in it for some reason.

This movie has the subtlety of a sledgehammer. The movie, for an hour, seems only concerned with providing us a series of differences between each man, and the story contrivances just pile on... and on... and on. There are weird unrealistic (even by f*cking soap opera standards) character shifts that only serve Tyler Perry's logic-challenged storytelling. These actors overact in a way that can ONLY come from a director over-directing them. Everyone has two speeds. Everyone is a flat cardboard cut-out. Everyone is unlikeable. We can't root for the billionaire, because apparently he's a drug addicted, abusive, and narcissistic douche who has a coven a "hoes", and has AIDS. We can't root for the marriage counselor, because... well, she's stupid. She doesn't use common sense, and she seems to take her brain out, and become a dunder-headed idiot (which is a troubling trend on Perry's part, because this is what he seems to think about women).

So, surely we must be able to root for the husband, right? NOPE. Turns out, when he's not busy being a milquetoast personality-less nobody, he's not noticing that his wife obviously is f*cking THIS OTHER DUDE. There is NO story contrivance that isn't covered here. It's all loud, it's all dumb, and it exists under the illusion that it's much smarter and more profound than it actually is. Oh, and Jesus is in there somewhere also.

This is a new low, even for Tyler Perry. This is the worst qualities of his films all lumped into one big mega-sh*t movie. If this is the type of garbage he's gonna churn out in place of Madea movies, then give me Madea any day over the piece of crap movie. Avoid at all costs, even if you are a Tyler Perry fan, which if you are, God help you.

SCORE: 1.0 (out of 10) = CRAPPIEST


Stephanie Meyer does it again. If Vampires & Werewolves weren't enough, she returns to corrupt another favorite genre of ours... SCIENCE FICTION. On the surface, this "idea" could've been a good one if handled by someone else. But, it is used to just tell a lame romantic teen soap opera story that would've been right at home on The WB during the 90's.

So, we have a future in which these Aliens called "Souls" have invaded our planet, and have taken over the bodies of most of the human race. As a result, there is world piece, no hunger, no poverty, etc. So, we follow this character of Melanie who is a part of some human resistance. She gets cornered by the police of this future headed by a woman only known as "The Seeker". She tries to k!ll herself when she is cornered so they don't turn her into an alien. Turns out, it doesn't work. They take her, and she becomes one of them. But, the soul of "Melanie" still exists in her body, while the new Alien soul calls herself "Wanderer".

So, we get the bulk of this movie with voiceover conversations between "Wanderer" and "Melanie". And, these conversations are written with all the intelligence of a 14 year old... Like Twilight. The bulk of this movie is spent between these two "characters" debating each other about life and all that crap. That is until she (or they?) fall in with the human resistance. Melanie was very much in love with this guy, but "Wanderer" is falling for some other guy. So, there's this 4 way love "triangle" that becomes the main focus of the film. Ugh.... k!ll me now.

When the movie isn't concerned with being a f*cking stupid mopey teen drama with bad stilted acting, it's hard at work being a not-at-all subtle metaphor for "abstinence" and "virginity". It's so obvious, so up front, that one can't watch this film without laughing. I wish I could laugh, except that this comes from Andrew Niccol, the one promising writer of "The Truman Show", and director of "Lord of War" and "Gattaca". Is this what his talents have been reduced to? This sh*t? And, I know Stephanie Meyer's material is awful, but there is NO excuse for sleepwalking through this damn movie.

Skip this turd.

SCORE: 2.0 (out of 10) = CRAPPIER

So, there you have it. I'll have a review for "GI Joe: Retaliation" in a few days. Let me know what y'all think below, and as always, thanks for reading.
You must be either married already and haven't been out on the dating scene in a while.....This type of situation is what's goin on out here DAILY........It's either a rapper, throwing money around, rappin about bangin someone else's girl every verse or a baller athlete flying into different cities, bangin another man's woman because of his $$$. Or in this case, a rich businessman trying to snatch up another man's woman using his wealth, prestige.

As far as the "she takes her brain out of her head" notion. That's EXACTLY what happens with these women out here these days......It comes down to two words: Logic and Emotion. As men we(at least we're supposed to) operate off of logic. Things have to make sense. Women operate off of emotion. When it comes to emotion, logic gets thrown out the window(taking her brain out of her head). Happens all the time, especially in situations like this in which its a choice between the money/prestige and true love. Happens all the time......Maybe this is a bad way to put a light on this sort of situation, but it's about time someone delved into it.


Last edited by CA$H MONEY; 03-29-2013 at 05:22 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #12
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
avatar space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
 CA$H MONEY said:
You must be either married already and haven't been out on the dating scene in a while.....This type of situation is what's goin on out here DAILY........It's either a rapper, throwing money around, rappin about bangin someone else's girl every verse or a baller athlete flying into different cities, bangin another man's woman because of his $$$. Or in this case, a rich businessman trying to snatch up another man's woman using his wealth, prestige.

As far as the "she takes her brain out of her head" notion. That's EXACTLY what happens with these women out here these days......It comes down to two words: Logic and Emotion. As men we(at least we're supposed to) operate off of logic. Things have to make sense. Women operate off of emotion. When it comes to emotion, logic gets thrown out the window(taking her brain out of her head). Happens all the time, especially in situations like this in which its a choice between the money/prestige and true love. Happens all the time......Maybe this is a bad way to put a light on this sort of situation, but it's about time someone delved into it.
Oh, please. People do not act or talk like the f*cking idiots in this movie. Look, I know we as humans do stupid things in the name of "love" or "lust". But, this film is ridiculous, full of coincidences and contrivances that doesn't seem applicable to this (or any) world. It's ludicrous. You'd think that in real life, there might be some gray areas. You'd think the woman might have some complicated reasons why she might cheat on her man. You might think that the rich businessman might have a little more to him than he's rich, drug addicted, and has AIDS. You'd think that any of these people would just stop, and evaluate their situation, and just f*cking talk to each other.

Rationalizing this stupid movie through the prism of real life is wrong. It's just wrong. And, the emotional shifts in this film feel wild & erratic in a way that isn't applicable to real life interactions. It's f*cking stupid. And, the folks who see this as applicable to their lives are people I don't want to know, and actively root against.
 5 years ago '06        #13
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$25,523 | Props total: 6749 6749

[spoiler - click to view]



is that how the movie ends^?
dont plan on watching it, feel free to spoil it
 03-29-2013, 06:33 PM         #14
dOwnByLaw310 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Coons and wimps gon love it










































































 03-29-2013, 06:45 PM         #15
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
No, I didn't say "the ending", I said "the final act"... The ending is inconsequential. Dude, if you see this movie, your girl owes you big time, because this movie is a f*cking chore to sit through.
Are you saying Tyler Perry is trying to get his "Memento" on.... If so this might be worth a watch just to see how bad it really is
 5 years ago '11        #16
pbballin 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$9,922 | Props total: 1652 1652
That's the chic that was friends with Michelle on Full House ain't it? damn she done grown up quite nicely
 03-29-2013, 06:49 PM         #17
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Matt504 said:
but that's what his target audience usually does, rationalize this through the prism of real life, that's why he's able to get away with releasing such horrible movies, because we've been conditioned to say "that's what's really going on anyway".

Tyler Perry's movies are extremely harmful for Black people, and our collective stockholm syndrome will make us f!ght tooth and nail to defend lowlife scum like Perry, who in my opinion is complicit in the destruction of Black people by promoting filth such as this.
Im white and i got in an argument with this black girl in class about how Tyler Perry's movies set her people back.

The man exploits huge problems within the black community for his own gain its disgusting
 03-29-2013, 07:04 PM         #18
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlackRepub85 said:
And white actors/producers/directors don't do the exact same thing?
not to the extent of that Perry does

Tyler Perry cannot make a single movie with out 1.) a crackhead mother, 2)an abusive male figure, 3) someone going in or out of jail. sh*t most of his movies have all 3 as main characters
 5 years ago '08        #19
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 bbrossy313 said:
Im white and i got in an argument with this black girl in class about how Tyler Perry's movies set her people back.

The man exploits huge problems within the black community for his own gain its disgusting
 03-29-2013, 07:07 PM         #20
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bbrossy313 said:
not to the extent of that Perry does

Tyler Perry cannot make a single movie with out 1.) a crackhead mother, 2)an abusive male figure, 3) someone going in or out of jail. sh*t most of his movies have all 3 as main characters
Adam Sandler does it to the extent of Tyler Perry.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 67
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 52
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 25
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy