5 Albums That Should Already Be Considered Classics

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #121
JeromeIsPimp 
space
space
space
$386 | Props total: 189 189
Az 9lives classic!!!!!!!!!
 5 years ago '04        #122
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,457 | Props total: 6610 6610
 Mr Connoisseur said:
bam, it can be considered a classic when its used in pop culture 30+ years from now.

Led Zeppelins II is a classic album. i bet you 9/10 people in the whole world have heard a song from that album. thats people from azerbaijan to zimbabwe.

never heard little brothers cd, so nope. kanye's is loaded with filler, next. 50's definitely gonna be a classic in 2022, theres only 3 weak songs outta 19. tm:101 is my favourite album of the bunch, but theres way to many average tracks.

for an album to be classic it can only have 1 bad song per 5-6.
A classic is a classic.....Kanyes album was full of filler?!? n*gga you're BUGGIN!

And so what you didn't hear Little Brothers album...that doesn't take away from the superior quality
Of that album...or the fact it was involved in a serious rating issue with a major publication that reneged on the classic rating of it. The fact that people go back and mention it as a classic and is heavily agreed upon by an overwhelming
amount of hip hop heads only proves one thing.......

You, and everyone who didn't listen,cop, or think like you missed on a for real gem back in 05!

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 03-29-2013 at 11:53 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #123
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1795 1795
 bbrossy313 said:
GRODT has more skippable tracks than college dropout

And I dont understand on your philosophy on why an album has to have an impact so much. To me albums that have impact make them more of a revolutionary album that changed the game. in my opinion a classic album is only about the music in it. not about the impact on the rap game.

im not saying it isnt a classic, but what did the carter 2 do to chance the rap game? Wayne didnt really have a serious influential impact until he started dropping some of the sickest tracks in rap on all his mixtapes
I think Classic albums should have some type of overall impact. I kind of look at it like giving something "iconic" status. It has to be agreed upon by a good portion of society.

Otherwise cats can just call anything they want classic, they can call some trash album from a local rapper that they picked up at the swap meet a classic.

from that point the term becomes even more and more subjective which pretty much devalues the meaning of it.

"IMPACT" is the most non-subjective standard for judging a classic album if you do away with that then pretty much anybody can call anything a classic and there's no way you can really say they're wrong simply because you have different taste than them.

Account001 said:
College Drop out is NOT a classic. Breathe in Breathe out took that away from it....

The Carter II is a classic.. impact and no skippable track(s)

Im thinking GRODT is classic, impact is clearly there but idk about skippable tracks

I think Take Care is a classic but its too soon to tell.

a classic has to have social impact within its genre at least (at time of release or later),
0 skippable tracks
timeless in the sense that the album as whole isn't exploiting a niche sound that is currently popular at the time its made
less than 50% feats for a solo project.

Brolic757 said:
You got guys coming in here saying that a classic can have skippable tracks lol. Thats bs. I also look at how i felt when the album was released and the way it felt when i use to listnen in to it back then. College drop out and f&l are not classics. I remember nobodysmilimg.com when lupe was dropping hella heat and single tracks by it self that were fire. Then it was a lil backpackers hype about f&l released and when it released on sept 25 2006. I remember listning to it and being a little bit dissapointed. It wasnt the new illmatic i was looking for.

Tracks like kick push , kick push 2 never lies, i gotcha are mediocre and slow down the album.

Now colledge dropout i wasnt dissapointed with but it does have 2 or three weak cuts on it and the skits hurt it.

I've never listened to any album in my life in ANY genre that didn't have skippable tracks.

lilwheezy said:
i don't understand how an albums relevancy determines whether or not it is a classic. so because people were too stupid to appreciate the music when it came out or even now, it's not classic music?

taking minstrel show for example, cd is a classic, front to back, flawless music. because people didn't know who they are doesn't mean the music isn't classic. if you take out the name little brother from the cd and put outkast's name on the album and it sells huge, now it can be considered a classic?
You can call it a "personal" classic, but to me CLASSIC denotes that it had some kind of iconic impact on society. It's how we identify artists and music that set precedents of impact and/or influence with their artistry.

To me saying something ISN'T a classic album doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad album, there's albums out there that I feel are better or I just like more than other albums I know are classic. I call those albums "personal" classics because they just didn't make an impact enough for it to be called a classic.

Like I said above, how would you feel if some guy said this local rapper in his town put out a "classic" album ??

I guess I would use the tree falling in the forest analogy. If a high quality album comes out but nobody knows about it, cares about it, or agrees that it's dope with you. Is it possible for it to be a classic ??

not an overall classic IMO or a REAL classic, it can be your personal classic though.

Last edited by psylence2k; 03-29-2013 at 11:55 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #124
six1twan 3 heat pts
space
space
$981 | Props total: 179 179

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Just to Name a few but there's more out there
 5 years ago '09        #125
Mumbles253 
space
space
$466 | Props total: 1 1
 MichaelKnight said:
jay-z - black album

nas - stillmatic
 5 years ago '04        #126
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
I'll keep it simple. I agree with the original post. There is NO way you can say College dropout aint a classic. get the whole fu*k outta here.

and a classic album is something you can play 10 years later and its still fresh and all these albums fit that mold.
 5 years ago '13        #127
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 WCIB said:
taking me as a clown?

who the fu*k are you again?

my opinion isn't more valuable than anyone else's yet when i don't agree with you i got told to shut the fu*k up, f*ggot?

the audacity.

EDIT: i remember why you're mad. i've been in conversations with you where you embarrassed yourself for no good reason.

you don't have to reply to me ever again.
Nah NAh! You funny bro!

How the hell your gonna say MOTM 1 isn't good.

I will just ignore your opinion on music for the rest of my life.

You obviously have bad taste.

I mean what is your pick for an album that should be considered classic already anyway?

Im interested to see what you got to say. If its some bull my statement remains, if its legit maybe I will take it back.
 5 years ago '04        #128
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,961 | Props total: 4667 4667
From the 5 albums that were posted by the op I can say that Kanye's and 50's are classics but they quickly lost their appeal to me. I personally prefer Late Registration and The Massacre. Food and Liquor I never considered a classic, I could just never get into The Cool, The Instrumental and Pressure was always grossly overrated to me. The Cool (the album) I enjoyed a lot more. still pissed I lost my autographed copy. Little Brother's The Minstrel Show I wholeheartedly agree with and I've never listened to entire Jeezy album. He's had plenty of songs I've liked but I can just never bring myself to listen to one for some reason.
 5 years ago '10        #129
KJHARDY 82 heat pts82
space
space
$20,892 | Props total: 8518 8518

[pic - click to view]

Just going to leave this here.
 5 years ago '07        #130
Sleazy 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,560 | Props total: 287 287
 PLATAOPLOMO said:
JON CONNOR - salvation
BLAQ POET - blaq poet society
SAIGON - the greatest story never told
AWAR - the laws of nature
SEAN PRICE - mic tyson

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #131
Billy Hoyle 
space
space
$2,124 | Props total: 598 598
Lmao take care? No one has mentioned the documentary which brought the west back. How bout the streets iz a mutha?
 5 years ago '05        #132
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
space
$75,847 | Props total: 30037 30037
 Thworldisyours said:

[pic - click to view]

Yeah, I said it
[pic - click to view]

that is a classic tho no debate
 03-30-2013, 01:39 AM         #133
Brolic757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
I think Classic albums should have some type of overall impact. I kind of look at it like giving something "iconic" status. It has to be agreed upon by a good portion of society.

Otherwise cats can just call anything they want classic, they can call some trash album from a local rapper that they picked up at the swap meet a classic.

from that point the term becomes even more and more subjective which pretty much devalues the meaning of it.

"IMPACT" is the most non-subjective standard for judging a classic album if you do away with that then pretty much anybody can call anything a classic and there's no way you can really say they're wrong simply because you have different taste than them.

I've never listened to any album in my life in ANY genre that didn't have skippable tracks.

You can call it a "personal" classic, but to me CLASSIC denotes that it had some kind of iconic impact on society. It's how we identify artists and music that set precedents of impact and/or influence with their artistry.

To me saying something ISN'T a classic album doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad album, there's albums out there that I feel are better or I just like more than other albums I know are classic. I call those albums "personal" classics because they just didn't make an impact enough for it to be called a classic.

Like I said above, how would you feel if some guy said this local rapper in his town put out a "classic" album ??

I guess I would use the tree falling in the forest analogy. If a high quality album comes out but nobody knows about it, cares about it, or agrees that it's dope with you. Is it possible for it to be a classic ??

not an overall classic IMO or a REAL classic, it can be your personal classic though.
How is an album gonna be a classic when its has a skippable track on it. That means its not a classic then. A classic is a 10 out of 10 masterpiece no flaws no weak cuts and has tons of replay value. Saying something is a classic with a skipable track on it is like giving super mario brothers such and such a 10 out of 10 but then saying the gameplay is bad or something.

Also just because no one heard the album dosent take away the fact that its a classic. If ten people heard a album and called it a classic it still is a classic as long as the quality of the music is golden. So u telling me if only ten people heard ready to die that then it wouldnt be a classic? Impact adds more flame to a album being a classic but it dosent stop a album from being one.

Last edited by Brolic757; 03-30-2013 at 01:44 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #134
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1795 1795
 Brolic757 said:
How is an album gonna be a classic when its has a skippable track on it. That means its not a classic then. A classic is a 10 out of 10 masterpiece no flaws no weak cuts and has tons of replay value. Saying something is a classic with a skipable track on it is like giving super mario brothers such and such a 10 out of 10 but then saying the gameplay is bad or something.

Also just because no one heard the album dosent take away the fact that its a classic. If ten people heard a album and called it a classic it still is a classic as long as the quality of the music is golden. So u telling me if only ten people heard ready to die that then it wouldnt be a classic? Impact adds more flame to a album being a classic but it dosent stop a album from being one.
By that definition then there's no such thing as a classic album because I've never heard an album in my life that didn't have a skippable track. For instance Blueprint has That n*gga Jigga and Stillmatic has BraveHeart Party which are two not only skippable but horrible tracks IMO. Does that stop them from being classics ??

If Biggie never released Ready to Die and only 10 people at Bad Boy heard it then it couldn't be considered an actual classic. It would sit in the archives on potential classic status.

that's like Michael Jackson never getting signed but growing up an indie artist that made the same quality music and only 10 people in his local town heard his music. Could you call him an Icon then ??

You think if a local artist in your town put out an album as good as Ready to Die but only you and like 3 other people heard it that you could come on BX and call it a classic album ??

A classic album is suppose to hold prestige, recognition, and be distinguished on a public scale.

If we solely go off just what we think is good then anybody can call anything a classic. People will be in here like " Yo I love this album , I can bang it straight through , and it still goes !, so Bow Wow-Beware of Dog is definitely a classic in my eyes ! "

Last edited by psylence2k; 03-30-2013 at 02:04 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #135
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Below the Heavens is a classic
Friday Night Lights might be
Krit's Wuz Here
Return of 4Eva
 5 years ago '05        #136
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,887 | Props total: 104 104
E.1999 is probably the only album in this entire thread that can be considered a true classic.
 5 years ago '12        #137
Docroms 28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,678 | Props total: 31 31
 Thworldisyours said:

[pic - click to view]

Yeah, I said it
[pic - click to view]

i co-sign
 5 years ago '08        #138
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23314 23314
Where's Late Registration?

why n*ggas posting pre-2000 albums in here tho. Its obvious that the article was about 2000 and later albums.

Last edited by Arson; 03-30-2013 at 03:27 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #139
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,044 | Props total: 4838 4838
In the last 10 years, these are 5 hip-hop classics to me..

50 Cent - Get Rich Or Die Tryin
Kanye West - Late Registration
Lupe Fiasco - The Cool
Jay-Z - Black Album
The Game - The Documentary
 5 years ago '05        #140
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,227 | Props total: 9630 9630
 JickBangz said:
Nah NAh! You funny bro!

How the hell your gonna say MOTM 1 isn't good.

I will just ignore your opinion on music for the rest of my life.

You obviously have bad taste.

I mean what is your pick for an album that should be considered classic already anyway?

Im interested to see what you got to say. If its some bull my statement remains, if its legit maybe I will take it back.
I have bad taste because I said ONE album has skippable tracks.

Your opinion on anything is no longer valid.

Take Cudi's d!ck out of your mouth, take a breath and fall back.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago