Rick Ross' Rape Lyrics Ignite Massive Backlash: "I Just Hope He Goes Away & Fast"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
49 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
137 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
11738 pageviews
145 comments

SM 38147 heat pts38147
space
space
$127,667 | Props total: 66748 66748
Rick Ross' r*pe Lyrics Ignite Massive Backlash: "I Just Hope He Goes Away & Fast"

Maybach Music Group rapper Rick Ross is catching a ton of heat right now after his lyrics from fellow Southern hip-hop artist Rocko's "You Don't Even Know It" have been closely reexamined.

In his verse, the "Boss" references the usage of Molly to help drug a woman, bring her to his place and, essentially, r*pe her.

What do former Republican politician Todd Akin and current Miami rapper Rick Ross have in common? r*pe flubs, apparently. Maybach Music mogul Ross is currently drowning in a torrent of negative press thanks to his date-rapey lyrics on the track "U.O.E.N.O.," which was released on a mixtape from rapper Rocko back in February. The ill-advised portion of the song in question go a little something like this:
"Put molly all in her champagne/She ain't even know it/I took her home and I enjoyed that/She ain't even know it."
(Entertainment Weekly)

Ebony writer Jamilah Lemieux immediately took aim at Ricky Rozay over the controversial line.

"What's so scary about Ross' line is that this is something that a good number of men and boys actually do. Maybe a rap lyric won't inspire an impressionable young dude to go and try to flip a couple keys, but normalizing this sort of r*pe? I see it. I see it and it scares me. Because he's tied to a major label and because the r*pe reference was so blatant, it's likely that Ross will issue some sort of apology or come forward to say that it was just a joke -- "Don't really go out and do that now, y'all!" To that, I'd say ... the title of his last studio album was God Forgives, I Don't and, well, that's one thing I have in common with the ex-cop. Not unless he commits himself to actively working to change his tune, and if that happened, he probably wouldn't be signed to anyone's major label anymore. So while this sister is praying for him and urging him to be some positive person that I've never observed him to be during his rap career, I just hope he goes away and fast." (Ebony)

Huffington Post writer Rosa Clemente shared a similar stance in her write-up.

"This lyric is obviously promoting r*pe. Not just date r*pe, but r*pe and r*pe culture and violence against women. We live in a society by the time that African American women and Latina women are 18, almost half of them -- 44 percent -- have been s3xually abused." (Huffington Post)

The controversial line has sparked so much attention that a petition is currently floating around online.

In the petition "Rick Ross, Rocko, Maybach Music, and A1 Recordings: Remove 'You Ain't Even Know It' from distribution & publicly denounce r*pe," which was created by Brittany Packnett, demands are being made for Ross and his collaborator Rocko to pull the song from airwaves while attempting to hold hip-hop music accountable for its content. "We demand that Rick Ross, Rocko, Maybach Music Group, and A1 Recordings pull and publicly denounce the song 'You Ain't Even Know It' for its blatant and unapologetic glorification of the drugging and r*pe of women," the change.org petition states. "Hip Hop music was created to give a voice to the voiceless. Given this history, these labels and their artists should take more seriously their responsibility to lead by example." (Christian Post)

[pic - click to view]

Rick Ross' r*pe Lyrics Ignite Massive Backlash: "I Just Hope He Goes Away & Fast" | SOHH.COM

145 comments for "Rick Ross' Rape Lyrics Ignite Massive Backlash: "I Just Hope He Goes Away & Fast""

5 years ago '09        #2
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621
rape is fun now
 5 years ago '05        #3
Maaad Man 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,143 | Props total: 46 46
fu*k the r*pe lyric

this n*gga tried to rhyme she aint even know it with she aint even know it
 03-28-2013, 08:30 AM         #4
MoP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Never did it myself, but I've heard some good things
 5 years ago '11        #5
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 Maaad Man said:
fu*k the r*pe lyric

this n*gga tried to rhyme she aint even know it with she aint even know it
let me tell you about this rapper named DMX
 5 years ago '05        #6
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5485 5485
Ross does have a very r*pey aura about him ....

Dude's career is going downhill fast
 5 years ago '12        #7
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,939 | Props total: 16884 16884
What k!lls me is when I see stuff like 'massive backlash'...but then I only hear about this sh*t online...I never hear it when im out in the world dealing with people.

People are starting to dislike Ross...but most of its because they finally seeing how fake he is OR cause he kinda burnt himself out with trying to flood the market over the past year.

Most n*ggas dont even know that song exists down here and its a Rocko joint
 5 years ago '05        #8
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,221 | Props total: 9629 9629
I remember someone making a thread about this I don't even know how long ago... I think it was two months? and that was about it. Now there's a backlash?

Where?
 5 years ago '11        #9
Radio Raheem 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,181 | Props total: 467 467
 ice wolf said:
Ross does have a very r*pey aura about him ....

Dude's career is going downhill fast
His career aint going nowhere
 5 years ago '07        #10
ototo7 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$844 | Props total: 1708 1708
fu*k outta here.... how many times did eminem r*pe r*pe his mom on his first 2 albums. They lookin into it to hard
 03-28-2013, 09:23 AM         #11
k3llz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ross needs to step up, his raps been wack lately
 5 years ago '11        #12
Radio Raheem 14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,181 | Props total: 467 467
 ALLEEK said:
What k!lls me is when I see stuff like 'massive backlash'...but then I only hear about this sh*t online...I never hear it when im out in the world dealing with people.

People are starting to dislike Ross...but most of its because they finally seeing how fake he is OR cause he kinda burnt himself out with trying to flood the market over the past year.

Most n*ggas dont even know that song exists down here and its a Rocko joint
I live in Georgia and i haven't heard no 1 listening to that rocko tape or song
 03-28-2013, 09:29 AM         #13
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they cant be serious?

enjoyed THAT, is kinda vague anyway...so molly is a date r*pe drug? i thought it was like xtacy...to enhance the feeling?
 5 years ago '12        #14
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,055 | Props total: 11255 11255
I personally don't get how you r*pe a bi*ch on Molly.

You aren't knocked out, you don't forget so..
 5 years ago '04        #15
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,659 | Props total: 11290 11290
 44wade said:
I personally don't get how you r*pe a bi*ch on Molly.

You aren't knocked out, you don't forget so..

agreed.
 5 years ago '12        #16
BangEm904 38 heat pts38
space
space
$5,799 | Props total: 6606 6606
all their doing wit this "massive backlash" is makin da song more popular

5 years ago '12        #17
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
space
$16,390 | Props total: 5651 5651
nobody said sh** when DMX spit those bars on "It's dark and hell is hot" and on that funkmaster flex freestyle

[video - click to view]

'

goddamn X went in

no pun intended. I hope not.
 5 years ago '11        #18
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,518 | Props total: 38 38
a couple angry women on the internet does not = backlash
 5 years ago '08        #19
cohs 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 5282 5282
wayne causin backlash on future sh*t
rick ross on rocko sh*t.

hmmm....
 03-28-2013, 10:46 AM         #20
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Listen to Relapse.

White people always trynna put a successful negro down.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
44 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
56 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
95 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy