2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Introduced, with Facelift Styling!

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
lfletcher 
space
space
$2,167 | Props total: 136 136

"Air conditioning will be optional. Also, all of the speakers have been removed except for one, and that one is only in there because it has to be to function the chime for the seatbelts."

Overkill on the weigh reduction.

How many people buy new cars just for the track? Car buyers want a daily driver during the week and a track car on the weekend.

If McLaren supercar can pull it off why cant Chevy?
 5 years ago '07        #22
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
$22,344 | Props total: 2061 2061
 Optimus Crime said:
lol but it's a pony car... You are (and always have been) paying for an engine. Ford has to change it up because the Mustang is both their pony (cost effective option) and their sports car. When you pay 60K... You're paying for an engine.

And I'm not disillusioned... Of course Chevy doesn't care. Neither does Ford... And don't even get me started about Dodge lmao. That's why Detroit got in trouble in the first place.

And a 2012 Camaro SS with the LS3 has a faster 0-60 than an M3 (Which is one of the main numbers that people that buy these cars looked at). So I'd imagine an LS7 would bust the Straight 6 in an M3 wide open

Yeah apparently there can't be a car made for a niche market of customers. If you're looking for an M3... then you're NOT looking for a Camaro

But Frank makes a fair point. The Mustangs have a nice interior, are priced well, and have some pretty strong numbers to boot... And it competes directly with the Camaro (Although we aren't taking into account that the Camaro busted the sh*t out of the 2010 Mustangs and bullied Ford into releasing that BEAUTIFUL Coyote engine... I love Pony Car Competition )
The the 11+ mustang is what should be compared to the camaro not the 10 being that the "all new" mustang dropped with that sweet coyote. Ford wasn't bullied, they didn't want a big drop in sales by not releasing a '10 so they did with the sh*tty 4.6 until the 5.0s were ready. Picking up a '13 or '14 5.0 in April. Getting the boss intake mani, intake, xpipe and tune. That bi*ch will be running lower mid 11s @ 121-123mph. can't wait.

Last edited by 240ka; 03-28-2013 at 11:05 AM..
 03-28-2013, 11:18 AM         #23
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FrankAndBeans said:
So they give the Corvette the Camaro's taillights, then they give the Camaro taillights from a vanilla 4-door sedan.

And that interior still looks cheap as fu*k. Why Chevy even announce this bullsh*t.
Anyone even do any research here?

These tail lights are based off of the 1st gen Z28 seen here

[pic - click to view]

As for the interior its fine. Crying about plastic. How would you design the interior? What would you do to make it so much better for a muscle car?
 FrankAndBeans said:
A muthaf*cka can't even see out of a Camaro ol' plastic cave. Keep it real fam, Chevrolet don't care about n*ggas they let us sit blinded in bullsh*t.
You can see fine out the windshield. Are the pillars bit of blind spots yes but you can still see.
 03-28-2013, 11:21 AM         #24
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lfletcher said:

"Air conditioning will be optional. Also, all of the speakers have been removed except for one, and that one is only in there because it has to be to function the chime for the seatbelts."

Overkill on the weigh reduction.

How many people buy new cars just for the track? Car buyers want a daily driver during the week and a track car on the weekend.

If McLaren supercar can pull it off why cant Chevy?
Trust a lot of people bought the camaro to bring it to the track. Probably never been on Camaro5.

Look at the specs, cost, 1/4 mile times of the two cars. I'll take a Maro over a McClaren any day for the track.

Last edited by DarkSidesHero; 03-28-2013 at 11:24 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #25
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 DarkSidesHero said:
Trust a lot of people bought the camaro to bring it to the track. Probably never been on Camaro5.

Look at the specs, cost, 1/4 mile times of the two cars. I'll take a Maro over a McClaren any day for the track.
Out of all the camaros on the road that number is small. Most of the people buying mustangs and camaros are women
 5 years ago '07        #26
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 240ka said:
The the 11+ mustang is what should be compared to the camaro not the 10 being that the "all new" mustang dropped with that sweet coyote. Ford wasn't bullied, they didn't want a big drop in sales by not releasing a '10 so they did with the sh*tty 4.6 until the 5.0s were ready. Picking up a '13 or '14 5.0 in April. Getting the boss intake mani, intake, xpipe and tune. That bi*ch will be running lower mid 11s @ 121-123mph. can't wait.
lol Ford got fat and lazy and had no desire to improve that sh*tty 4.6 because there was no competition. All of a sudden they have a Camaro with rumors of a 3.6 V6 that's a better performer than their 4.6 and then that LS3... Now Ford needs to answer (And this is before the production came out.) Ford had no incentive to engineer Coyote until competition came back in the market.
 03-28-2013, 12:01 PM         #27
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 240ka said:
Out of all the camaros on the road that number is small. Most of the people buying mustangs and camaros are women
Of course the number of people buying a Camaro just to have one is going to be more than people buying just for the track I'm pointing out the fact there is a lot of people that do that though. Like I said go to Camaro5 and see how many people have done that. There's even a few people in my crew that have done the same.
 5 years ago '06        #28
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 donmeca2020 said:
i can't understand how you morons will compare a european sport car to American iron..... for the price of a used M3 about 2008 your looking at $40k plus. how do i know or where do i get my numbers? try carmax homie... for the price of a USED NEWER body style M3 you'd more then likely walk away with New one of these.

i was actually looking into a m3 covertible but was scared off because i hear when something breaks on them. your really paying for it. AS for this camaro sounds bad as fu*k, it over powers the m3 by 100 + hp and these cars aren't made to be luxury there made to whip a.ss..

Once again im no chevy owner nor a bmw owner but i know a thing or two about cars and its like comparing apples to oranges.
your whole statement is invalid..Drive in nothing but a bmw(not no old one) for a whole year. You would be agreeing with all of us who said M3 all day.

the guy said this sh*t comes with optional A/C
 5 years ago '07        #29
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 Optimus Crime said:
lol Ford got fat and lazy and had no desire to improve that sh*tty 4.6 because there was no competition. All of a sudden they have a Camaro with rumors of a 3.6 V6 that's a better performer than their 4.6 and then that LS3... Now Ford needs to answer (And this is before the production came out.) Ford had no incentive to engineer Coyote until competition came back in the market.
Which is why competition is good. Either way the camaros have been getting sh*t on since the 5.0s dropped. The '10swere a limited run whilst ford was preparing for the release of the new mustangs which is technically 2011 not 10.

Lol at they had no incentive. Love how you're suggesting they weren't going to build the 5.0.
 5 years ago '05        #30
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976 OP
space
space
$43,433 | Props total: 25079 25079
 donmeca2020 said:
i can't understand how you morons will compare a european sport car to American iron..... for the price of a used M3 about 2008 your looking at $40k plus. how do i know or where do i get my numbers? try carmax homie... for the price of a USED NEWER body style M3 you'd more then likely walk away with New one of these.

i was actually looking into a m3 covertible but was scared off because i hear when something breaks on them. your really paying for it. AS for this camaro sounds bad as fu*k, it over powers the m3 by 100 + hp and these cars aren't made to be luxury there made to whip a.ss..

Once again im no chevy owner nor a bmw owner but i know a thing or two about cars and its like comparing apples to oranges.
...Well Said.

I Use To Own A M3. The Repairs On That bi*ch? Man I Don't Even Want To Talk About It and Parts Is High As Hell or Rare to Find or Just Both. I Got Rid of It...Too Much of A Headache.

240ka said:
Most of the people buying mustangs and camaros are women
...Where? In Europe?

I Own A Camaro and All I See Is Dudes With Camaros & Mustangs. Acouple Females In Mustangs But Thats About It.
 5 years ago '07        #31
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 240ka said:
Which is why competition is good. Either way the camaros have been getting sh*t on since the 5.0s dropped. The '10swere a limited run whilst ford was preparing for the release of the new mustangs which is technically 2011 not 10.

Lol at they had no incentive. Love how you're suggesting they weren't going to build the 5.0.
Nah... Not saying that... But they sat on that 4.6 for waaaaaay longer than they should have. The only incentive they could have would be customer demand (which they demanded for a loooong time). They were able to sit on the 4.6 much longer than they should have because there was no driving market. Remember the Camaro train began around 2007 when they put that Camaro body on the GTO. And they had a good measuring stick to build a NEW engine because they knew they'd be competing with the LS engine when the Camaro came back. Ford let Chevy play their hand and then backdoored them with the Coyote so yeah... I'd hope it sh*t on the Camaro numbers wise lol... It was a great business plan. Don't take me for a Ford or Mustang hater... I love the entire Pony Car family

niceguy954 said:
your whole statement is invalid..Drive in nothing but a bmw(not no old one) for a whole year. You would be agreeing with all of us who said M3 all day.

the guy said this sh*t comes with optional A/C
What we're saying is that M3 vs. Pony Car is Apples and Orange. One is a budget car based mainly on performance and one is a high exotic import lol. Both cars have the specific markets that they're targeting and their purposes. This Z28 is not a nice car lol. It's a track car. The majority of people buying this car will be track folks and nostalgic Z28 folks

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 03-28-2013 at 05:24 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #32
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
...Well Said.

I Use To Own A M3. The Repairs On That bi*ch? Man I Don't Even Want To Talk About It and Parts Is High As Hell or Rare to Find or Just Both. I Got Rid of It...Too Much of A Headache.

...Where? In Europe?

I Own A Camaro and All I See Is Dudes With Camaros & Mustangs. Acouple Females In Mustangs But Thats About It.
Here in America wgich iswhy they are both calleed chic cars.
 5 years ago '07        #33
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 Optimus Crime said:
Nah... Not saying that... But they sat on that 4.6 for waaaaaay longer than they should have. The only incentive they could have would be customer demand (which they demanded for a loooong time). They were able to sit on the 4.6 much longer than they should have because there was no driving market. Remember the Camaro train began around 2007 when they put that Camaro body on the GTO. And they had a good measuring stick to build a NEW engine because they knew they'd be competing with the LS engine when the Camaro came back. Ford let Chevy play their hand and then backdoored them with the Coyote so yeah... I'd hope it sh*t on the Camaro numbers wise lol... It was a great business plan. Don't take me for a Ford or Mustang hater... I love the entire Pony Car family

What we're saying is that M3 vs. Pony Car is Apples and Orange. One is a budget car based mainly on performance and one is a high exotic import lol. Both cars have the specific markets that they're targeting and their purposes. This Z28 is not a nice car lol. It's a track car. The majority of people buying this car will be track folks and nostalgic Z28 folks
No beef with your statement. Ford def played the waiting game and I'm glad they did. I hopeChevy steps up with the 2015 Camaros or else the Mustangs are going to continue to sh*t on them.

But I highly disagree with the M3 being exotic. They arent exotic by anymeans. They are plentiful, readily available and they can be seen on the road almost daily.
 5 years ago '05        #34
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5123 5123
 dreamvillain said:
I wonder if Chevy, GM have a new design planned for the Camaro in a few years not based off the 60's model.
The retro car movement is almost dead, i dont see too many retros on the road. Not good city cars.
 5 years ago '07        #35
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
Ford is moving away from the retro look with the 15 so chevy will follow soon. Suprised it took them this long for a facelift
 5 years ago '11        #36
Pakchoy 830 heat pts830
space
space
$6,661 | Props total: 40794 40794
screw that price. i remember when they had the z28s in the 90s selling for under 25 grand for a 13.8 1/4 mile car
 5 years ago '07        #37
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 Pakchoy said:
screw that price. i remember when they had the z28s in the 90s selling for under 25 grand for a 13.8 1/4 mile car
Maan I remember when I worked at the dealership... People would be like... I bought my first Camaro brand new off the showroom floor for $8800... I'd be like not gettin that deal today
 5 years ago '05        #38
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976 OP
space
space
$43,433 | Props total: 25079 25079
 240ka said:
Here in America wgich iswhy they are both calleed chic cars.
... Hondas Are Chick Cars, n*gga.
 5 years ago '07        #39
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
... Hondas Are Chick Cars, n*gga.
Any car bought by a lot of chics always gets deemed a "chic car" in the car world. Mustangs started being called chic cars in 00s through now and the new camaros have also been labeled as such.
 5 years ago '10        #40
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,990 | Props total: 5678 5678
 240ka said:
Any car bought by a lot of chics always gets deemed a "chic car" in the car world. Mustangs started being called chic cars in 00s through now and the new camaros have also been labeled as such.

Word...that's the "official word" on chick cars Shut the f*ck up.

I don't know how the geeks apply labels in your area but where I'm from we judge a car according to how we see it. Miatas, Beetles, Rav 4's, or any car who's a.ssociation disproportionately brings embarrassment to a man in comparison to a woman gets called a chick car. We don't keep count of the women drivers nor do we whip out gender statistics on the owners you f*ckin' dork MEN COINED "CHICK CAR" TO SHAME OTHER MEN. DON'T GEEK OUT THE HUMILIATION YOU GOD DAMN B*TCH
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
24 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
284 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
121 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
78 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
88 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
19 hours ago