When Dmx was in his prime, he had Jay Z looking like Scottie Pippen

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-26-2013, 04:39 PM         #121
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why are there so many camel stans on this site? did bx have billboards all over brooklyn or some sh*t?
 5 years ago '12        #122
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
 Root Of Evil said:

Post a memorable X verse not from slippin
No one can
 5 years ago '10        #123
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
 BackBlock_OG said:
You little dudes just don't get it...
Its nothing to get... DMX overshadowed Jay in 98-00 but Jay stayed working (and off crack) then got his "moment" around 01-03 with the whole "im retiring" gimmick that was done by Master P 1st.
 5 years ago '05        #124
CartelFamill 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$5,144 | Props total: 1403 1403
 BackBlock_OG said:
How old are you? Did you understand anything I said? A gold album during any time period is a success. I know you weren't around, but Illmatic went gold, The Infamous went gold, Liquid Swords went gold, Only Built 4... etc,. Jay, Dame and Biggs put rd out independently, meaning they paid for everything out of their own pockets. X put his album out on Def Jam which is under the Polygram umbrella. There's big difference between the promotion on a major label, than the promo on an independent. That same year X went 4X plat on Def Jam with an artist deal, Jay went 5X plat on Def Jam w/ a label deal. When you get older you'll understand the difference.

And once again, Jay-Z headlined the biggest tour of X's career. So explain to me how he was Scottie Pippen.
Gsh*t.....n*ggas like 8 years old Talkin' about Time Period They Couldnt even Begin to Understand.....

Wasnt The Tour called HARDKNOCK LIFE?
 03-26-2013, 04:41 PM         #125
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Jay spit a Verse about fukkin a Dead Corpse... That sh*t would be some Illuminati ritual.

X spits it with a harsh voice... It's the hood in him.

03-26-2013, 04:42 PM         #126
cheenz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
This is all 98 -Pre Blueprint(chronological order):

"Can I Get A..." with Ja Rule & Amil
"Hard Knock Life"
"Ni**a What, Ni**a Who"
"Money Cash Hoes" with X
"Money Cash Hoes" Remix with Sigel & Bleek
"Money Ain't a Thing" with Dupri
"Ha" Remix with Juve
"Jigga My Ni**a"
"4 Alarm Blaze" with MOP
"Heart Breaker" with Mariah Carey
"Lobster and Scrimp" with Timbo
"Girls Best Friend"
"What You Think of That" with Bleek
"Do It Again(Put Ya Hands Up)" with Sigel & Amil
"Anything"
"Big Pimpin" with UGK
"4 Da Fam" with Amil, Sigel & Bleek
"Best of Me Part 2" with Mya
"Hey Papi" with Timbo & Bleek
"Is That Your *****" with Bleek, Twista, Missy
"I Just Wanna Luv You(Give it to Me)"
"Change the Game" with Sigel & Bleek
"Guilty Til Proven Innocent" with R.Kelly
"Fiesta" Remix with R.Kelly
"One Minute Man" Remix with Missy Elliot

^^^And that's Just the Singles...

Jay even had the best Verse on X's whole "Flesh of My Flesh" Album on "Blackout"...

Post the X Singles During this Same Time Period... Bet they don't match up. Bet
n*gga STFU...Damn near all those songs had someone else Doing the Hook for jay-z!!!!
The Only Good Song that I can remember jay-z doing the Hook himself was "Dirt off Ya Shoulders"
-
For a that Time and Era Dmx had The Rap game around his Finger!!
Even Ja-Rule in his Prime was Bigger than jay-Z...sold more in that time Period too..

Still Like I Said I'm waiting for a #1 Song Jay-z had where he Did the Hook himself....
Still waiting Jay-z Stans.............................
 5 years ago '05        #127
CartelFamill 55 heat pts55
space
space
space
$5,144 | Props total: 1403 1403
 Account001 said:
Its nothing to get... DMX overshadowed Jay in 98-00 but Jay stayed working (and off crack) then got his "moment" around 01-03 with the whole "im retiring" gimmick that was done by Master P 1st.
How You Overshadow a Man Who Sellin' Crazy numbers and and every fu*kin' body Wanted a Feature?....and OWNS HIS sh*t
 03-26-2013, 04:44 PM         #128
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cheenz said:
n*gga STFU...Damn near all those songs had someone else Doing the Hook for jay-z!!!!
The Only Good Song that I can remember jay-z doing the Hook himself was "Dirt off Ya Shoulders"
-
For a that Time and Era Dmx had The Rap game around his Finger!!
Even Ja-Rule in his Prime was Bigger than jay-Z...sold more in that time Period too..

Still Like I Said I'm waiting for a #1 Song Jay-z had where he Did the Hook himself....
Still waiting Jay-z Stans.............................
Ok, this sh*t has just gotten comical now...

I'm out fellas.
 5 years ago '13        #129
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38330 38330
Jay stans wud have u believe Jay was the no 1 rapper in 1996 - 2013

Even though rappers were out selling him...i dont think jayz has ever been the no1 selling solo rapper in any given year, i gotta look up the stats...

1998 was DMX year, dude sold nearly 10 million records if u combine both albums he dropped in that year

Ruff Ryders anthem alone shifted 5 million units

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 03-26-2013 at 04:49 PM..
 03-26-2013, 04:49 PM         #130
cheenz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:

I'm out fellas.
n*gga Don't Run name the song Jay-Z ever Had that Reached #1 on the Charts and he did the hook by himself....

I can name and sh*t load for DMX...

for a Moment in time Dmx and Ja-Rule where Bigger Than Jay-Z...

Last edited by cheenz; 03-26-2013 at 04:54 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #131
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 1094 1094
 WCIB said:
Why didn't he sell 4 million his first time out? X did. Then turns around and does it again sophomore album in the same year? First MUSICAL ARTIST EVER TO DO SO. history was made n*gga. Sorry if that offends you. Oh but wait! Why didn't he headline the tour?!?!

DMX could have never toured in '98 and still had a better year. You won't admit that but okay.

If I were promoting a tour back then, I'd push the headliner to be the best investment in my future. Def Jam/dame dash saw a more lucrative future in Jay even though their present (at the time) seller was DMX BY FAR. As its been said in the thread before, that barking and mad hype sh*t wasn't going to last forever, but for that short time? Unstoppable.

Relax by the way. It's not like I or the OP said X is a better rapper or artist. But from that tiny timeframe? There wasn't a hotter rapper in the game not named Eminem than DMX.
If this was '91, you idiots would be telling me how rakim and Big Daddy kane were the Pippens to Hammer and Vanilla Ice. I guess by you and the OP's logic, Jay was Pippen to Nelly also huh?

-Why would X having a big year offend me? I love DMX?

-your idiotic tour logic makes no sense. If you're promoting a tour, the biggest artist headlines it. Not the artist you think is gonna be bigger 10 yrs later. Idk why you even said that dumb sh*t.

-For the 3rd time, how old are you? Better question, how old were you in '98? Because anybody who was actually around back then and old enough to know what they were talking about, knows DMX wasn't on Jay-Z's level back then. I know you're just looking at sales, but in hip hop, that's not the end all be all. If it was, like I said b4 Nelly would be rated a lot higher.

BTW, why are people acting like Hov didn't sell 5mil that same year? Not to mention, like Illstreet said, Jay-Z had the biggest record on the ruff ryder album.
 5 years ago '05        #132
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,231 | Props total: 9631 9631
Yeah I'm out too. Jay fans got hurt by a troll who wasn't that far off with his topic.

Got n*ggas butthurt in here acting like the OP said DMX WAS THE SUPERIOR LYRICIST, BUSINESSMAN, AND ARTIST FROM '98 to NOW!

Relax.

Jesus.
 5 years ago '07        #133
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Laronla said:
And they had to rearrange the line up, because Dmx's performance was so much better than Jay z's, that Jay couldn't even perform after X. Jay admitted this on several occasions

Hov Stanley's lost
 5 years ago '05        #134
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 BackBlock_OG said:
If this was '91, you idiots would be telling me how rakim and Big Daddy kane were the Pippens to Hammer and Vanilla Ice. I guess by you and the OP's logic, Jay was Pippen to Nelly also huh?

-Why would X having a big year offend me? I love DMX?

-your idiotic tour logic makes no sense. If you're promoting a tour, the biggest artist headlines it. Not the artist you think is gonna be bigger 10 yrs later. Idk why you even said that dumb sh*t.

-For the 3rd time, how old are you? Better question, how old were you in '98? Because anybody who was actually around back then and old enough to know what they were talking about, knows DMX wasn't on Jay-Z's level back then. I know you're just looking at sales, but in hip hop, that's not the end all be all. If it was, like I said b4 Nelly would be rated a lot higher.

BTW, why are people acting like Hov didn't sell 5mil that same year? Not to mention, like Illstreet said, Jay-Z had the biggest record on the ruff ryder album.
Comparing Vanilla Ice and Big Daddy Kane to DMX and Jay-Z is something I'll let n*ggas around your way handle. Sales don't mean anything to n*ggas like you except for when it helps your argument. The irony and audacity of you calling anyone an idiot is something of a marvel. Congrats on your accomplishment.
 03-26-2013, 04:52 PM         #135
cheenz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Jay stans wud have u believe Jay was the no 1 rapper in 1996 - 2013

Even though rappers were out selling him...i dont think jayz has ever been the no1 selling solo rapper in any given year, i gotta look up the stats...

1998 was DMX year, dude sold nearly 10 million records if u combine both albums he dropped in that year

Ruff Ryders anthem alone shifted 5 million units
Exactly..fu*k Boys be acting Like Jay-z had it all to himself...And After Big got Shot Hip-Hop was Jay-Z...GTFOH....

I Put it like this...I think Beans "State Prop" Made Jay-z And that Whole Roc-Brand...that sh*t didn't heat up Until Beans got on Board...'Check the #Facts"
 5 years ago '13        #136
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38330 38330
 Root Of Evil said:

Post a memorable X verse not from slippin
So his verses from Up In Here, Ruff Ryders Anthem, What's My Name, Stop Being Greedy, Damien to name but a few....arent memorable?

5 years ago '04        #137
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,958 | Props total: 1094 1094
 Illstreet said:

I'm out fellas.
Yeah me too. Dudes wasn't even listening to rap back then trying to tell me what's what.
 5 years ago '07        #138
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 HipHopFactz said:
Jayz stan dedicating his life to be a BX-investigator because the TS happaned to make a factual thread about his idol.

You need to calm down Columbo, its only a forum

[pic - click to view]

blood everywhere
 5 years ago '05        #139
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
Also, if I was 38 would that make you happy?

I'm not, but that doesn't change facts. Your denial transcends anyone's age.
 5 years ago '10        #140
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
Im done... yall wont accepted Jay-Z as less than number one in the rap game

but before i stop posting

Drake has more number one singles then Jay... numbers dont lie... drake is better... get mad
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
80 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
42 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
288 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
60 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy