most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-26-2013, 03:53 PM         #101
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '04        #102
BackBlock_OG 34 heat pts34
space
space
$6,959 | Props total: 1094 1094
 WCIB said:
Age has nothing to do with you ducking the point. Numbers don't lie. Pointing out that tour sh*t is spectacular. That's been done. 4 million > shipping gold. He didn't sell that 500k until after that year was through. That album was sleeper, but not a success numbers wise by any realistic 90's barometer you want to create. Numbers mattered back then and his didn't add up until 98, when Vol. 2 dropped...

...the same year DMX had 2 #1 albums that both outsold it. X made history. Hov did not. Want to bring up the tour again?
That fact that you won't say your age tells me everything I want to know. How am I ducking your point. What is your point? That DMX sold 4mil on his 1st album in '98 on Def Jam? Well Jay-Z sold 5mil the same year on the same label, WITH A LABEL DEAL.

Is your point that Hov's 1st album sold gold on an independent label, while X's went multi-platinum on a major label. Like I said b4, there a major difference between major label promotion and independent label promotion. How much did DMX sell in '96? Because according to X he was rhyming since '91.

Now lets talk about this 90's barometer sh*t. I thought I covered this in my last post. Illmatic went gold. Only Built 4 Cuban Links went gold, 36 Chambers went gold at first, Liquid Swords went gold, The Infamous went gold, Hell on Earth went gold... I could go on, but what's the point. All those albums are considered classic and some of the best albums ever made, so what barometer are you using?

Shipping gold on your own label, with ownership of your masters > selling 4 million w/ an artist deal. Like I said b4, you'll understand that when you get older

Second, the album wasn't a sleeper, it was an independent album that sold gold. That's more than sucessful, that's extremely sucessful. If I'm wrong, name an independent album that did better.

In fact, the success of the album lead to Def Jam giving Jay, Dame and Biggs a lucrative multi-million dollar label deal. DMX never got a label deal thru Def Jam. He had to go thru ruff ryders.

And just cause you asked, I'll bring up the tour again. The title of this thread says, when X was in his prime, Jay-Z was Scottie Pippen. Now wouldn't you say 98-99 was X's prime? So answer this, if Hov was Scottie Pippen, why would he be headlining a tour featuring him and DMX? I've never seen Scottie Pippen headline a Bulls game over Michael Jordan.
 5 years ago '10        #103
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
An immovable object:An unstoppable force::A Jay-Z d!ckrider/Stan:A Jay-Z hater

but yeah... Jay-z was never seen as the top of the rap game till after heart of the city came out, thats the song when Jay-Z starts crying about not getting recognition.

Why dont Jay-Z stans ever want to admit that Jay-z has taken Ls? and I aint talking bout losing 99 bricks either.
 5 years ago '04        #104
space
space
 Account001 said:
An immovable object:An unstoppable force::A Jay-Z d!ckrider/Stan:A Jay-Z hater

but yeah... Jay-z was never seen as the top of the rap game till after heart of the city came out, thats the song when Jay-Z starts crying about not getting recognition.

Why dont Jay-Z stans ever want to admit that Jay-z has taken Ls? and I aint talking bout losing 99 bricks either.
How old are you n*ggaz?

5 years ago '10        #105
Account001 
space
space
 BackBlock_OG said:
Shipping gold on your own label, with ownership of your masters > selling 4 million w/ an artist deal. Like I said b4, you'll understand that when you get older

And just cause you asked, I'll bring up the tour again. The title of this thread says, when X was in his prime, Jay-Z was Scottie Pippen. Now wouldn't you say 98-99 was X's prime? So answer this, if Hov was Scottie Pippen, why would he be headlining a tour featuring him and DMX? I've never seen Scottie Pippen headline a Bulls game over Michael Jordan.
Jay just got his masters not to long ago, he didnt see that money then...

It was already stated in the thread X took over the tour talent wise... we aint talking about business cause most of that was handle by dame and biggs... two n*ggas Jay fans can never give credit to cause Jay dont fu*k with them no more
 5 years ago '05        #106
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,263 | Props total: 9743 9743
 BackBlock_OG said:
That fact that you won't say your age tells me everything I want to know. How am I ducking your point. What is your point? That DMX sold 4mil on his 1st album in '98 on Def Jam? Well Jay-Z sold 5mil the same year on the same label, WITH A LABEL DEAL.

Is your point that Hov's 1st album sold gold on an independent label, while X's went multi-platinum on a major label. Like I said b4, there a major difference between major label promotion and independent label promotion. How much did DMX sell in '96? Because according to X he was rhyming since '91.

Now lets talk about this 90's barometer sh*t. I thought I covered this in my last post. Illmatic went gold. Only Built 4 Cuban Links went gold, 36 Chambers went gold at first, Liquid Swords went gold, The Infamous went gold, Hell on Earth went gold... I could go on, but what's the point. All those albums are considered classic and some of the best albums ever made, so what barometer are you using?

Second, the album wasn't a sleeper, it was an independent album that sold gold. That's more than sucessful, that's extremely sucessful. If I'm wrong, name an independent album that did better.

In fact, the success of the album lead to Def Jam giving Jay, Dame and Biggs a lucrative multi-million dollar label deal. DMX never got a label deal thru Def Jam. He had to go thru ruff ryders.

My age is well known and irrelevant. It has nothing to do with numbers. The OP is the one you have a problem with. It was troll heavy, but it has an air of truth. Numbers don't lie. That tour sh*t is awesome once again.

DMX's '98 >>> Jay's. FACT.
DMX's '99 >>> Jay's. FACT.
The 2000? I'll call that a toss up. sh*t, I'll even give that W to Jay.

You seem to have an issue with numbers, but that's 2 to 1 which goes to what to OP was saying. Numbers don't lie. And let's not pretend like just because Jay was the headliner, people weren't going there to see X and the Ruff Ryders equally.
 5 years ago '10        #107
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Illstreet said:

[pic - click to view]

03-26-2013, 04:18 PM         #108
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
BTW... I'm still waitin on someone to Post X's Singles to see if they match up...

Illstreet said:
This is all 98 -Pre Blueprint(chronological order):

"Can I Get A..." with Ja Rule & Amil
"Hard Knock Life"
"Ni**a What, Ni**a Who"
"Money Cash Hoes" with X
"Money Cash Hoes" Remix with Sigel & Bleek
"Money Ain't a Thing" with Dupri
"Ha" Remix with Juve
"Jigga My Ni**a"
"4 Alarm Blaze" with MOP
"Heart Breaker" with Mariah Carey
"Lobster and Scrimp" with Timbo
"Girls Best Friend"
"What You Think of That" with Bleek
"Do It Again(Put Ya Hands Up)" with Sigel & Amil
"Anything"
"Big Pimpin" with UGK
"4 Da Fam" with Amil, Sigel & Bleek
"Best of Me Part 2" with Mya
"Hey Papi" with Timbo & Bleek
"Is That Your *****" with Bleek, Twista, Missy
"I Just Wanna Luv You(Give it to Me)"
"Change the Game" with Sigel & Bleek
"Guilty Til Proven Innocent" with R.Kelly
"Fiesta" Remix with R.Kelly
"One Minute Man" Remix with Missy Elliot

^^^And that's Just the Singles...

Jay even had the best Verse on X's whole "Flesh of My Flesh" Album on "Blackout"...

Post the X Singles During this Same Time Period... Bet they don't match up. Bet

5 years ago '10        #109
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Thread got me in tears..

Every time I read a post by this clown HipHopFactz, it's in the voice of Hugh Grant now

[pic - click to view]

I can't..
 5 years ago '04        #110
space
space
 WCIB said:
My age is well known and irrelevant. It has nothing to do with numbers. The OP is the one you have a problem with. It was troll heavy, but it has an air of truth. Numbers don't lie. That tour sh*t is awesome once again.

DMX's '98 >>> Jay's. FACT.
DMX's '99 >>> Jay's. FACT.
The 2000? I'll call that a toss up. sh*t, I'll even give that W to Jay.

You seem to have an issue with numbers, but that's 2 to 1 which goes to what to OP was saying. Numbers don't lie. And let's not pretend like just because Jay was the headliner, people weren't going there to see X and the Ruff Ryders equally.
My question is, why was Jay-Z headlining?
 03-26-2013, 04:22 PM         #111
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Thread got me in tears..

Every time I read a post by this clown HipHopFactz, it's in the voice of Hugh Grant now

[pic - click to view]

I can't..
 5 years ago '04        #112
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,816 | Props total: 1849 1849
 BackBlock_OG said:
didn't Dame and Biggs put the tour together ?? it would make sense for them to give their own artist the headline then wouldn't it ??

Em was an opening act for Up in Smoke even though at the moment he was bigger than everyone on the tour
 5 years ago '04        #113
space
space
 Account001 said:
Jay just got his masters not to long ago, he didnt see that money then...

It was already stated in the thread X took over the tour talent wise... we aint talking about business cause most of that was handle by dame and biggs... two n*ggas Jay fans can never give credit to cause Jay dont fu*k with them no more
You little dudes just don't get it...
 5 years ago '10        #114
Account001 
space
space
 Illstreet said:
BTW... I'm still waitin on someone to Post any successful song that X's hopped on to see if they match up...

fixed

its so many problems with that list. some are just remixes, some arent jay songs they jay feats.... why you doing that. Do you wanna know who was better or do you just want Jay to come out on top?
 03-26-2013, 04:27 PM         #115
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
didn't Dame and Biggs put the tour together ?? it would make sense for them to give their own artist the headline then wouldn't it ??

Em was an opening act for Up in Smoke even though at the moment he was bigger than everyone on the tour
Em was a Rookie and Dre and Snoop had been Superstars for damn near a Decade...

Horrible comparison.
 5 years ago '13        #116
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38467 38467
 TheMindOf said:
Thread got me in tears..

[pic - click to view]

I can't..
i'll happily be white and have hugh grant accent, women love that guy, u want me to be white so bad...i love it

on the other hand we already know ur identity, Vinod...

[pic - click to view]

And Every time I read ur post, it's in the voice of Apu off the Simpsons

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #117
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,263 | Props total: 9743 9743
 BackBlock_OG said:
Why didn't he sell 4 million his first time out? X did. Then turns around and does it again sophomore album in the same year? First MUSICAL ARTIST EVER TO DO SO. history was made n*gga. Sorry if that offends you. Oh but wait! Why didn't he headline the tour?!?!

DMX could have never toured in '98 and still had a better year. You won't admit that but okay.

If I were promoting a tour back then, I'd push the headliner to be the best investment in my future. Def Jam/dame dash saw a more lucrative future in Jay even though their present (at the time) seller was DMX BY FAR. As its been said in the thread before, that barking and mad hype sh*t wasn't going to last forever, but for that short time? Unstoppable.

Relax by the way. It's not like I or the OP said X is a better rapper or artist. But from that tiny timeframe? There wasn't a hotter rapper in the game not named Eminem than DMX.
 5 years ago '09        #118
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,548 | Props total: 3843 3843
this is common knowledge...
dmx's 1st 2 album run >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
that "freestyle" they had on tour where the muslim dude fu*ked it up in the end, DMX >>> JAY
 03-26-2013, 04:31 PM         #119
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Account001 said:
fixed

its so many problems with that list. some are just remixes, some arent jay songs they jay feats.... why you doing that. Do you wanna know who was better or do you just want Jay to come out on top?
So being on hit/dope features/remixes don't count as to how hot you are in Hip-Hop Anymore?

Andre 3000 has made a career out of that sh*t the past 10 years.

Stop the nonsense.

Last edited by Illstreet; 03-26-2013 at 04:36 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #120
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,916 | Props total: 574 574

Post a memorable X verse not from slippin
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
173 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
73 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
The Overwatch Community Is fu-ked Up.
38 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
197 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy