When Dmx was in his prime, he had Jay Z looking like Scottie Pippen

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
28 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
67 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #81
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Illstreet said:
Nothin to keep track of...

You've been handled in here. That 13,000 Posts in a Year and Half ended it... Can't salvage this one bruh... Call it a day.

[pic - click to view]

You've been parading around this section all day talking about "I won" this and "you've been handled" that. n*gga still gassing himself up over this e-sh*t

Pure comedy
 5 years ago '05        #82
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,258 | Props total: 9716 9716
 BackBlock_OG said:
How old are you? Did you understand anything I said? A gold album during any time period is a success. I know you weren't around, but Illmatic went gold, The Infamous went gold, Liquid Swords went gold, Only Built 4... etc,. Jay, Dame and Biggs put rd out independently, meaning they paid for everything out of their own pockets. X put his album out on Def Jam which is under the Polygram umbrella. There's big difference between the promotion on a major label, than the promo on an independent. That same year X went 4X plat on Def Jam with an artist deal, Jay went 5X plat on Def Jam w/ a label deal. When you get older you'll understand the difference.

And once again, Jay-Z headlined the biggest tour of X's career. So explain to me how he was Scottie Pippen.
Age has nothing to do with you ducking the point. Numbers don't lie. Pointing out that tour sh*t is spectacular. That's been done. 4 million > shipping gold. He didn't sell that 500k until after that year was through. That album was sleeper, but not a success numbers wise by any realistic 90's barometer you want to create. Numbers mattered back then and his didn't add up until 98, when Vol. 2 dropped...

...the same year DMX had 2 #1 albums that both outsold it. X made history. Hov did not. Want to bring up the tour again?
 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM         #83
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Analytical One said:

Socially relevant people like myself equip ourselves with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram apps, not that of this site.

I could never imagine myself ever accumulating as many as 13,000+ posts in less than two years.. that's just berserk.

I do quite dearly hope the source of your posts is your mobile and not your laptop as I could not imagine one spending such disposable time blogging like you do via my laptop, but then again you're eerily similar to the majority of socially rejects I've met on the internet who have no friends and no social life so I really doubt you'd even have a phone.

I'm also too much of a heteros3xual, black male to feel required to highlight my messages in bold when replying to another male like a bi*ch would do when conversing via text.

And if you are a "black" male like you claim (as does 99% of the internet) why don't insert links to your Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to verify these claims? Or is that task to challenging honkey?
Dude spends so much time on here he even developed a gimmick for himself when he posts.

Bolds his own sh*t.

5 years ago '07        #84
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 197 197
Jay and X were making waves but who had the dynasties? Who was really winning?

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

And many more that all went Gold and Plat

Last edited by Playa; 03-26-2013 at 03:16 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #85
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Analytical One said:

Socially relevant people like myself equip ourselves with Twitter, Facebook and Instagram apps, not that of this site.
Versatile people like myself have learned to multitask. The lack of dexterity on your part is quite amusing to be honest, must not be able to use but one at a time...

Analytical One said:
I could never imagine myself ever accumulating as many as 13,000+ posts in less than two years.. that's just berserk.
There's plenty with far more in less time. What we do in our spare time is our prerogative. What other people eat don't make you sh*t kid...

Analytical One said:
I do quite dearly hope the source of your posts is your mobile and not your laptop as I could not imagine one spending such disposable time blogging like you do via my laptop, but then again you're eerily similar to the majority of socially rejects I've met on the internet who have no friends and no social life so I really doubt you'd even have a phone.
So averaging 18 posts per day (yearly average, only 6 per day the past few months) on a site as active as this suggests I have no life? Riveting tale chap...

Analytical One said:
I'm also too much of a heteros3xual, black male to feel required to highlight my messages in bold when replying to another male like a bi*ch would do when conversing via text.
It's hilarious how hard y'all try with this. Trying to talk sh*t about bold text? Is that really all you got kid?

Analytical One said:
And if you are a "black" male like you claim (as does 99% of the internet) why don't insert links to your Twitter, Facebook or Instagram to verify these claims? Or is that task to challenging honkey?
You claim you're heteros3xual but you're asking another man for his pics

I don't have sh*t to prove to you n*gga, I don't give a fu*k if you believe me or not
 5 years ago '05        #86
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,258 | Props total: 9716 9716
 Surreality said:
People in this thread just jump around the ORIGINAL topic at hand and sh*t

DMX was fu*king HUGE...Jay may have been pretty big but DMX had n*ggas in motorcycles claiming Ruff Ryders and sh*t. Saw that sh*t at the Kappa Beach Party for years straight
At the end of the day, THIS.
 5 years ago '11        #87
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Dude spends so much time on here he even developed a gimmick for himself when he posts.

Bolds his own sh*t.

Fresh & Justin been doing it for almost 10 years, why don't I see you bi*ching at them?
 5 years ago '04        #88
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,625 | Props total: 4236 4236
 LYTE said:
though I think Jay is the best overall, if you follow his career, he always copied someone else sh*t. JAy didnt bring nothing new to rap.
this guy gets it..
 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM         #89
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Fresh & Justin been doing it for almost 10 years, why don't I see you bi*ching at them?
Deflecting now...

You been here a year and half, talkin bout what people been doin for 10 years...

Just stop, you're talkin on sh*t you don't even know... And diggin your hole even deeper.

If I ain't know any better, I'd say you just copped to stealing another posters style on some even further cornball sh*t.

5 years ago '04        #90
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1847 1847
 Thugocracy said:
I always felt like Jay could rap (obviously) but that he was almost generic in a way, like there wasn't anything that really stuck out about him to me. In a sense I think that's kinda why he made it so far in the end, he took a somewhat safer route, just played the middle, talked about regular street sh*t but didn't get too extreme, had skills but didn't go over people's heads, good flow, etc.

I remember Reasonable Doubt dropping (I was going into 7th grade I think) and I remember when all his other sh*t up to the Blueprint dropped but I don't remember any of them having the type of impact at the time that they dropped as X did.

X took sh*t to an extreme, but the thing is I don't think that all that yelling and barking and sh*t could have resulted in the kind of longevity that Jay saw. Jay was always way smoother with his delivery so I think over time it could appeal to a soft-ass demographic in a way that X couldn't.

This is how I always felt, Jay is Def Top 5 but when I look at him compared to the other goats or even the other all time greats like X , there's not really one thing he does better than any other rapper. He's more of a good "all around" rapper. Well rounded, like a Jack of all trades but Ace of none type of lyricist. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I always felt like his accomplishments pushed his status upon listeners more than his music. I always thought Jay was ill but it seems alot of other people didn't until certain things happened. Like the way Reasonable Doubt didn't become a classic until Blueprint blew up and he retro actively named it one. Also how he didn't achieve his "iconic" status outside of just hip hop circles until a few year ago. Instead of receiving it when he was putting his best music out , he received it when his celebrity was the biggest due to his money and Beyonce. It makes me wonder exactly how relevant would he be right now without his money or Beyonce. If he just had his music.

There was also never a year where he was the largest selling rapper, ever, so he never really ran the game standing alone at the top. He kind of just made his music quietly and was really good at marketing his image. I think he benefits more off his " (African) - American Dream" image he sells than necessarily how much the masses truly enjoy his music (outside of hip hop heads), which I think is over exaggerated. Alot of people are more enamored with his story than his music.

He followed trends his whole career even from the gate, constantly using RNB Acts to sell his commercial singles, taking Biggie's Versace Vibe, then going Shiny suit like Puff , then going to the jewelry, fitted caps, baggy jeans ghetto fabolous look Ma$e ushered into the mainstream. Always utilizing the hottest producers or southern artists. He was in suits one minute then Jim Jones blew up skull jewelry and hoodies and then you see Jay in a hoody and skull head belt buckle. Jay has always had a knack for "borrowing" , whether it be Biggie's lines, or Puff's visual trends, or RnB features, or album cover ideas, or fashion. He just never had that extra "flair" in his personality .....naturally, but he knew his main trick was being resourceful and borrowing from those around him. In that sense he was always used the "trendy" frosting in order to sell his cake because his cake to the masses was too boring by itself. I think this makes him a great user of gimmicks, not gimmicks to make his music better, but gimmicks to sell "Jay-Z" the brand, image, the celebrity. In that way his appeal is kinda backwards when it come to his mass appeal. Most artists' music will make you interested in them as a person, Nowadays Jay has used his persona to get people to act like they're interested in his music. It's obvious when all these white people act like they love him yet they probably can't even name 5 Jay-z songs.

Another thing about Jay is that he's the only one out of the 5 GOATS who we really dont know how ALOT of his music would've sounded like if he was broke. We know how a broke Nas, Em, big, Pac would sound like since a large portion of their catalogs deal with universal themes about life. Jay's music in large has used wealth and ego as a selling point, but that pretty much goes with what I said before. Maybe he just didn't think he was interesting enough as a person or artist so being resourceful again he used "wealth" for subject matter very often.

Now I'll just sit here and wait for the same people to blow their tops and come at me with their panties twisted.

Last edited by psylence2k; 03-26-2013 at 04:01 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #91
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Deflecting now...

You been here a year and half, talkin bout what people been doin for 10 years...

Just stop, you're talkin on sh*t you don't even know... And diggin your hole even deeper.

If I ain't know any better, I'd say you just copped to stealing another posters style on some even further cornball sh*t.

You can ask Fresh & Justin themselves. But somehow it's only a bad thing when I do it huh?

Guess that's supposed to be another L handing tactic, make inconsistent remarks that contradict what you've originally said for the sake of an e-Win. Matter of fact this isn't the first time you've done this today.

Must be the very definition of #winning
 03-26-2013, 03:28 PM         #92
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So averaging 18 posts per day (yearly average, only 6 per day the past few months) on a site as active as this suggests I have no life? Riveting tale chap...
It's as if this fool doesn't realize that this is all being put upon him because he had the audacity to say I had no life.

Average out my post count a Day over 7 years bruh.

Compare that to your #'s.

Then tell me I don't have a life again.

Missing the whole damn point.

You played yourself.
 03-26-2013, 03:30 PM         #93
Analytical One 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
The fact that you've been able to pick up on other males mannerisms is rather frightening and has me questioning your s3xual orientation...

I doubt you are heteros3xual male, you just reek of f*ggotry...

Now answer this:

Why do you feel inclined to bold your text when posting to a bunch of anonymous male posters? Is it because you want your sh*t to look "pretty"? Is this how you gays flirt with one another? This isn't e-Harmony, I don't appreciate your flirting young man--I have a female partner.

And me and you know the reason why you won't post a picture of your face or link to your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account is because you are afraid of humiliation--the same humiliation that has you seeking refuge on a forum of a predominantly male demographic and accumulating 13,000+ posts in less than two years.

You are socially deprived freak who has no friends and no social life, and my comments have clearly evoked feminine reactions within you as you cannot stop replying to me in bolded text.

EWWW
 5 years ago '13        #94
tez94 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$1,833 | Props total: 487 487
yall n*ggas are funny
 5 years ago '11        #95
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
It's as if this fool doesn't realize that this is all being put upon him because he had the audacity to say I had no life.

Average out my post count a Day over 7 years bruh.

Compare that to your #'s.

Then tell me I don't have a life again.

Missing the whole damn point.

You played yourself.
In the words of Malice: Don't compare me to you n*gga, you ain't this. I would never want to pride myself on e-sonnings, so why bother even putting myself in the same light? Try again kid...

Analytical One said:
The fact that you've been able to pick up on other males mannerisms is rather frightening and has me questioning your s3xual orientation...

Of course I do *yawns* you n*ggas can do better than this...

Analytical One said:
Now answer this:

Why do you feel inclined to bold your text when posting to a bunch of anonymous male posters? Is it because you want your sh*t to look "pretty"? Is this how you gays flirt with one another? This isn't e-Harmony, I don't appreciate your flirting young man--I have a female partner.
Yes actually it is how we get down. It makes my text look soooo cute. I would've put it in the hot pink color this entire time but I was like nah, that may be doing too much

Analytical One said:
And me and you know the reason why you won't post a picture of your face or link to your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account is because you are afraid of humiliation--the same humiliation that has you seeking refuge on a forum of a predominantly male demographic and accumulating 13,000+ posts in less than two years.
...Or maybe I don't see the point in furthering your homos3xual advances. You have a female "partner" (which by the way suggests she's your beard, just saying) yet you're increasingly hard pressed on seeing another man's pics. Something's off here...

Analytical One said:
You are socially deprived freak who has no friends and no social life, and my comments have clearly evoked feminine reactions within you as you cannot stop replying to me in bolded text.

EWWW

You know me better than I know myself. I...I can't believe this sh*t yo...

[pic - click to view]

03-26-2013, 03:39 PM         #96
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This cat Averages 19 Posts a Day since he's been on Here

I average 5 Posts a Day since I've been on here.

Yet somehow I'm the one with no life.

Can't make this sh*t up.
 5 years ago '13        #97
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38467 38467
 Analytical One said:

Now answer this:

EWWW
How about u stop beggin to see other mens pics, and instead you post ur own Facebook, Twitter and Instagram..

Lead by example, and we'll see how fast i make u regret doing so when dudes phoning up ur momma house and work place, let me in dawgie, let me in

5 years ago '11        #98
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
This cat Averages 19 Posts a Day since he's been on Here

I average 5 Posts a Day since I've been on here.

Yet somehow I'm the one with no life.

Can't make this sh*t up.
One of us posts leisurely, there's lots of content to comment on here...

The other, well he takes this much more seriously. All 5 of those posts are of him dancing from thread to thread collecting e-wins & serving e-losses. It makes him feel like the baddest man on the forum, all he does is #win...

The distinction is pretty clear...
 03-26-2013, 03:48 PM         #99
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
One of us posts leisurely, there's lots of content to comment on here...

The other, well he takes this much more seriously. All 5 of those posts are of him dancing from thread to thread collecting e-wins & serving e-losses. It makes him feel like the baddest man on the forum, all he does is #win...

The distinction is pretty clear...
Indeed it is...

Can't remember the last time I saw somewhere splattered all over the walls in a thread like you got done today.

In the end it came down to the one thing you just couldn't spin...

19 Posts a Day to 5.

Distinct
 5 years ago '11        #100
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Illstreet said:
Indeed it is...

Can't remember the last time I saw somewhere splattered all over the walls in a thread like you got done today.

In the end it came down to the one thing you couldn't spin...

19 Posts a Day to 5.

Yup. This was one of the more ugly losses in boxden history. I got handed L's all up & down this thread. Nothing but pure shame will be felt when ronnie moves this thread to the classics section & the lore of this thread passes on to the next generation...

[pic - click to view]

Why did I even try? No one could ever defeat Illstreet. He's unfu*kwitable with this e-win sh*t...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
81 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy