Paul Anka RIPS Jay-Z Rapper DISRESPECTED Me

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
60 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
8332 pageviews
117 comments

SM 38153 heat pts38153
space
space
$127,747 | Props total: 66878 66878
Paul Anka RIPS Jay-Z Rapper DISRESPECTED Me

Paul Anka -- one of the greatest singer/songwriters of all time -- is calling out Jay-Z ... telling TMZ the rapper treated him like a chump ... and now Anka is PISSED.

Anka was outside Madeo restaurant in L.A. last night, when we asked about his upcoming album "Duets" -- which features collaborations with legends like Willie Nelson, Gloria Estefan and Dolly Parton.

But you know who isn't on the album? Jigga ... because according to Anka, Mr. Knowles didn't have the common courtesy to return a simple phone call!!!

Whose side u on?

Anka
Jay-Z

Anka says he feels completely disrespected -- and says Jay acted "inappropriately" towards him ... especially since Jay once sampled Anka's biggest hit "My Way" on a rap song.

Now, Anka is escalating his anger into a full on war of the music titans -- and even took a shot back at Jay-Z.

Not many people in the music biz would have the stones to go after Hova ... then again, not many people would have the stones to disrespect Anka either.

[pic - click to view]

Paul Anka RIPS Jay-Z -- Rapper DISRESPECTED Me | TMZ.com

117 comments for "Paul Anka RIPS Jay-Z Rapper DISRESPECTED Me"

5 years ago '04        #2
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6374 6374
jay be screening phone calls a lot
 5 years ago '07        #3
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573
"what u want me to do i'm sorry"

YOUNG!
 03-26-2013, 09:22 AM         #4
Brolic757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn jay my dude but it do seem like he one of those flakey fickle type cats who do it just to be a as*hole. If i ever had got signed to jay i would tell myself each and everyday this is strictly about business. I like j.cole approach a lil bit he knows how jay is.
 5 years ago '07        #5
crownedprince 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$1,438 | Props total: 1009 1009
I interned under Jay when he was President at Island Def Jam in the mid-2000s.. Since this seems like a thread where everyone is going to take shots I'd just like to throw in my two cents and say out of all the celebs/artists I met while working there, none were nicer than Jay. I spoke with him on a near daily basis and he was always courteous and friendly, even approached me for a handshake once. I think this has more to do with the "kiss the ring" egos that other stars have and they're more easily offended than most people due to pride.

Jay-Z doesn't owe Anka anything for sampling him. He paid him to clear the sample. He does owe him the common courtesy of a return phone call since Anka is such a big deal, but again that's some celebrity pride stuff.
 03-26-2013, 09:32 AM         #6
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas really be trippin on that didn't return my phone call type sh*t...
 5 years ago '06        #7
LYTE 125 heat pts125
space
space
space
$14,121 | Props total: 4704 4704
Yea i wouldnt say Hove was an as*hole. We dont know Jay's reason for not returning call IF it did happen.

anyway, I remember 2 dudes I grew up with went shopping in the A/X stores 96/97. they bump into JayZ at the cash register.

he told them "it's on me. get what yall want" after 1 of the dudes recognized him. My friend got a t-shirt. I didnt understand that considering u went up there for a sweater but didnt have enough.

anyway, Jay dont owe n*ggas sh*t.
 03-26-2013, 09:36 AM         #8
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Carlton Black said:
i'm noticing a pattern.....

seriously has there ever been a more arrogant & more self-absorbed artist than Jay tho?

I think Jay literally has it in his mind that he's Jehovah[Jay-Hovah/God]
Once you reach a certain plateau, stars are your equals not your superiors.......if they wont bow down to you why should you be expected to do the same?
 03-26-2013, 09:38 AM         #9
cheenz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 crownedprince said:
I interned under Jay when he was President at Island Def Jam in the mid-2000s.. Since this seems like a thread where everyone is going to take shots I'd just like to throw in my two cents and say out of all the celebs/artists I met while working there, none were nicer than Jay. I spoke with him on a near daily basis and he was always courteous and friendly, even approached me for a handshake once. I think this has more to do with the "kiss the ring" egos that other stars have and they're more easily offended than most people due to pride.

Jay-Z doesn't owe Anka anything for sampling him. He paid him to clear the sample. He does owe him the common courtesy of a return phone call since Anka is such a big deal, but again that's some celebrity pride stuff.
So the whole time working for him he only shaked ur hands once? Lol

Jay-z will be blackballed soon plz believe me see how OJ went from america's fav black guy to a fu*king joke lets see what happen wen jay get into a situation and the industry big wigs turn their back on him....
 5 years ago '10        #10
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 cheenz said:

Jay-z will be blackballed soon plz believe me see how OJ went from america's fav black guy to a fu*king joke lets see what happen wen jay get into a situation and the industry big wigs turn their back on him....
Yea... He's due to commit a double murder any day now right??

YOUNG!!!
 5 years ago '09        #11
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,072 | Props total: 8840 8840
Remember the Robert De Niro story, Jay-Z ignoring his calls
 5 years ago '05        #12
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
 TheMindOf said:

YOUNG!!!
you never know he might just k!ll the block............

and murder the avenue....................

YOUNG!!!
 5 years ago '05        #13
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
 Carlton Black said:
i'm noticing a pattern.....

seriously has there ever been a more arrogant & more self-absorbed artist than Jay tho?

I think Jay literally has it in his mind that he's Jehovah[Jay-Hovah/God]
Yet you have a picture of his nephew in your avy.
 03-26-2013, 10:00 AM         #14
cheenz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:

YOUNG!!!
u never kno homie i dont put anything pass no one - from r*pe-murder- molestation - extortion, how many a-list celebs got caught up thru the years he could be whipping beyonce a.ss on the low. Stop acting like these n*ggas aint flawd and can't be taken down Pac got charged for r*pe in the middle of his career

Last edited by cheenz; 03-26-2013 at 10:04 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #15
crownedprince 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$1,438 | Props total: 1009 1009
 cheenz said:

Nah we shook hands numerous times... But it's pretty rare in any company to have the President of a corporate conglomerate, much less an international celebrity, approach interns for handshakes.
 5 years ago '04        #16
DJ Maximum|M 47 heat pts47
space
space
$43,310 | Props total: 11351 11351
Jay dont call n*ggas back.... hes that n*gga
 03-26-2013, 10:22 AM         #17
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ain't it amazing how the people who have problems with Jay... Are people who always want sh*t from him?

Fukk Jay look like being on a Paul Anka Duets album?
 03-26-2013, 10:24 AM         #18
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 crownedprince said:

5 years ago '13        #19
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,046 | Props total: 38325 38325
Mr. Knowles

Jayz better apologize to master like he did to Robert De Niro
 03-26-2013, 10:27 AM         #20
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 cheenz said:

This cat just compared Jay to a guy who stabbed his wife to death...

Get that hate outcha heart.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy