The OFFICIAL "GOING TO THE LEAGUE" thread (Early College entrants)

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
22 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #221
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,712 | Props total: 1783 1783
 Ghost Terp said:
We in the Final Four though

Yall might've should've made the big dance, I think it was because of how the acc is regarded and your non conference schedule. Maryland is better than mid tennessee and probably Boisie State.
 5 years ago '10        #222
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15695 15695
 kmstokes said:
Unc got a bad draw too. Everyone was expecting a 7 seed, I would've took an 8th in the west. With the right bracket we could've been in the sweet 16.
lets not talk about abt draws
 5 years ago '06        #223
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,712 | Props total: 1783 1783
 lboog1423 said:
lets not talk about abt draws

Yall got a rought draw too, but it was a draw that would get you in the sweet 16 at least.
 5 years ago '10        #224
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,157 | Props total: 15695 15695
 kmstokes said:
Yall got a rought draw too, but it was a draw that would get you in the sweet 16 at least.
only to potentially face Mich st, L'ville, Ohio state, then prolly kansas or Iu

imn not one of them n*ggas that count sweet 16's, elite eigths, final fours. I mean its good and all, but i wants them Nets
 5 years ago '09        #225
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,417 | Props total: 12358 12358
 Ghost Terp said:
Hop off my d!ck
Just like Lebron telling the TNT crew at all star weekend in Dallas had he gone to college he was going to North Carolina. Anything these guys are saying way after the fact is just talk.

Anybody paying attention in those days knew KG was headed to Depaul. He wanted Michigan but two things kept that from happening, the Big Ed scandal was starting to unravel and they weren't interested in KG's boy Ronnie Fields.
 5 years ago '07        #226
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,623 | Props total: 3264 3264
 Fly 2ndComing said:
Just like Lebron telling the TNT crew at all star weekend in Dallas had he gone to college he was going to North Carolina. Anything these guys are saying way after the fact is just talk.

Anybody paying attention in those days knew KG was headed to Depaul. He wanted Michigan but two things kept that from happening, the Big Ed scandal was starting to unravel and they weren't interested in KG's boy Ronnie Fields.
Yep, I'm going to believe some random BX poster over what came out of Kevin Garnett's mouth
 5 years ago '07        #227
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 kmstokes said:
Yall might've should've made the big dance, I think it was because of how the acc is regarded and your non conference schedule. Maryland is better than mid tennessee and probably Boisie State.
I know but our sh*tty OOC schedule and play before the ACCT didn't help us, it is what it is. I ain't mad though
 5 years ago '12        #228
Free Trotty 352 heat pts352
space
space
$10,128 | Props total: 4053 4053
 Ghost Terp said:
I know but our sh*tty OOC schedule and play before the ACCT didn't help us, it is what it is. I ain't mad though
You think Wells jump early this year?

He cant really handle great but dude got a lot of talent on both ends to be a NBA 2/3
 5 years ago '07        #229
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Free Trotty said:
You think Wells jump early this year?

He cant really handle great but dude got a lot of talent on both ends to be a NBA 2/3
No chance, he has to improve his outside shooting, bad handles, bad passing, and his knack for turning the ball over. His shooting has gotten better over the last month but no one is worried about him jumping ship, he simply isn't ready yet
 5 years ago '04        #230
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,451 | Props total: 1446 1446
 Fly 2ndComing said:
50 kids aren't going to go the Brandon Jennings route every year just because they were required to go to college three years before entering the NBA. Kids will do whatever they are required to do. The problem is getting the league's players to sign off on making them wait three years.
if they make kids stay 3 years, they gonna be a lot of n*ggas goin to jail. people forget these kids have some financial issues. if they make them stay...then pay.
 5 years ago '04        #231
space
space
LeBron James announces his decision

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1, 2003
AKRON, Oh. -- High school sensation LeBron James has finally made the decision everyone has been waiting for.

James, a 6' 8'' senior at St. Vincent-St. Mary high school in Akron, Ohio, is widely regarded as the nation's top basketball prospect. ESPN2 has televised several of his high school basketball games, and his dazzling style and raw talent has captivated the nation.

But one question remained: Where is LeBron James going to play college basketball? Early this morning, he answered this question when he verbally committed to Maryland.

"This is the most important decision of my life so far," said James at a press conference this morning. "I wanted to make the decision that least hindered the advancement of my basketball career. I considered many options, but decided that it is in my best interest to play basketball at Maryland."

Maryland head coach Gary Williams was pleased with James's decision. "We are very pleased that LeBron will be playing basketball here in College Park. The young man had a difficult decision to make, but I thought we put the most on the table. So I can't say I'm all that surprised that he chose us."

Asked if James would start as a freshman, Williams replied, "LeBron James will have the same opportunity to earn a starting role as any other player. He's an exceptional young man, and I'm sure he'll be up to the challenge."

only thing that makes me kinda like....
 03-27-2013, 12:34 PM         #232
Bezerk  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
LeBron James announces his decision

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1, 2003
AKRON, Oh. -- High school sensation LeBron James has finally made the decision everyone has been waiting for.

James, a 6' 8'' senior at St. Vincent-St. Mary high school in Akron, Ohio, is widely regarded as the nation's top basketball prospect. ESPN2 has televised several of his high school basketball games, and his dazzling style and raw talent has captivated the nation.

But one question remained: Where is LeBron James going to play college basketball? Early this morning, he answered this question when he verbally committed to Maryland.

"This is the most important decision of my life so far," said James at a press conference this morning. "I wanted to make the decision that least hindered the advancement of my basketball career. I considered many options, but decided that it is in my best interest to play basketball at Maryland."

Maryland head coach Gary Williams was pleased with James's decision. "We are very pleased that LeBron will be playing basketball here in College Park. The young man had a difficult decision to make, but I thought we put the most on the table. So I can't say I'm all that surprised that he chose us."

Asked if James would start as a freshman, Williams replied, "LeBron James will have the same opportunity to earn a starting role as any other player. He's an exceptional young man, and I'm sure he'll be up to the challenge."

only thing that makes me kinda like....
Please, for the love of god post the link to this... April 1, 2003? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This n*gga committed to Maryland right before declaring for the NBA huh?

This made up, Make believe, fairy tale story... boooyyyyyy stop....

5 years ago '04        #233
space
space
 Bezerk said:
Please, for the love of god post the link to this... April 1, 2003? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This n*gga committed to Maryland right before declaring for the NBA huh?

This made up, Make believe, fairy tale story... boooyyyyyy stop....

thats why i bolded the date and said...one thing that makes me
 5 years ago '04        #234
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 Lupe Hunter said:
3 year rule will hurt the NCAA. You going to drive kids to take the Brandon Jennings route and leave college. There is nothing wrong with the rule. If the kid's ready he's ready if not then he decides to stay or not. 3 year rule is fu*king retarded whether you want to believe it or not.
No it wouldn't...as it stands the one year rule is k!lling the college game.
What will hurt the NCAA is the continued development of the NBADL.

Eventually the DL will be the Minor leagues in Baseball.

And real rap, most of those kids aren't ready to leave, even if they think they are.
 5 years ago '09        #235
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,518 | Props total: 5708 5708
 mt fuji said:

And real rap, most of those kids aren't ready to leave, even if they think they are.
You can make a kid stay three years, some have families depending on them, some kids are not smart and failing classes, some who are ready have wait two more years and could possibly have a injury that k!lls their development. Leave the rule as it is, three rule is dumb, the two year rule is dumb, Harrison Barnes stayed two years yet he still ready yet, Perry Jones stayed two years k!lled his draft stock and he's not getting any minutes, Tyler Lamb stayed two years and he can get any minutes. Nobody is ready from the NBA straight out of high school. sh*t, Kobe, TMac, KG, Amare wasn't even ready when they went straight to the league. Only Lebron is the exception. Leave the fu*king one year rule alone
 5 years ago '12        #236
space
space
 Lupe Hunter said:
You can make a kid stay three years, some have families depending on them, some kids are not smart and failing classes, some who are ready have wait two more years and could possibly have a injury that k!lls their development. Leave the rule as it is, three rule is dumb, the two year rule is dumb, Harrison Barnes stayed two years yet he still ready yet, Perry Jones stayed two years k!lled his draft stock and he's not getting any minutes, Tyler Lamb stayed two years and he can get any minutes. Nobody is ready from the NBA straight out of high school. sh*t, Kobe, TMac, KG, Amare wasn't even ready when they went straight to the league. Only Lebron is the exception. Leave the fu*king one year rule alone
Only problem with letting dudes in out of high school is you got a whole generation of n*ggas who get gassed up playing AAU and doing Ballislife & Hoopmixtapes thinking they the sh*t and they all probably think they could go pro out of high school...it would be like 25 to 30 of them going pro and only 7 or 8 would even get drafted

Just off the top I see n*ggas like Ryan Harrow, CJ Leslie, & Marquis Teague got highlight mixes where they lookin like beasts and then get to college and dont look anything like that.
 5 years ago '09        #237
space
space
 Free Trotty said:
Only problem with letting dudes in out of high school is you got a whole generation of n*ggas who get gassed up playing AAU and doing Ballislife & Hoopmixtapes thinking they the sh*t and they all probably think they could go pro out of high school...it would be like 25 to 30 of them going pro and only 7 or 8 would even get drafted

Just off the top I see n*ggas like Ryan Harrow, CJ Leslie, & Marquis Teague got highlight mixes where they lookin like beasts and then get to college and dont look anything like that.
Like seriously who are these high phenoms that Boxden thinks are ready to enter the league straight out high school. Boxden is just a bunch of GMs who get excited by a bunch of 6'5 kids who are playing against teams where 6'3 guards are the tallest out the whole team. Like wait until college to see if they're really that good. Get of the YouTube and watch the college games where everybody is equally talented. Shabazz was hyped up and he wasn't even the best freshmen on the team Jordan Adams was the best freshmen with Kyle Anderson having the best potential out of the whole freshmen class.
 5 years ago '12        #238
space
space
 mt fuji said:

The D-League isnt meant to develop kids tho

These grown a.ss men with 2-3 kids playing for the same amount of money a n*gga could make working overtime at Best Buy. Now you got old a.ss dudes who spent 5-10 years in the NBA down there playing hard just to get back in

Worst thing for the NCAA is if European teams start paying out contracts like they did with Brandon Jennings & now Aquille Carr
 5 years ago '12        #239
space
space
 Lupe Hunter said:
Like seriously who are these high phenoms that Boxden thinks are ready to enter the league straight out high school. Boxden is just a bunch of GMs who get excited by a bunch of 6'5 kids who are playing against teams where 6'3 guards are the tallest out the whole team. Like wait until college to see if they're really that good. Get of the YouTube and watch the college games where everybody is equally talented. Shabazz was hyped up and he wasn't even the best freshmen on the team Jordan Adams was the best freshmen with Kyle Anderson having the best potential out of the whole freshmen class.
Well thats because the 1 Year rule make everybody skeptical of how good high school players are now until they actually get to college. If kids could still jump to the NBA then nobody woulda ever seen Shabazz looking average against random n*ggas who going into the workforce after college bball. All they would have is video footage of him dominating high school kids, the McDonalds AA game, and then the workouts.

Bet he woulda gone #3 or #4 off of that in 2012.

Some n*ggas really get fu*ked by having to go to college like Perry Jones, Josh Selby, CJ Leslie, LeBryan Nash, Joshua Smith, Adonis Thomas, and a few more dudes. If they went straight pro they woulda been drafted much higher, got a better chance to earn minutes than they were after not living up to the hype in college and going to a team in the 2nd round who don't value them the same.

So it works for some and not for others.

I'd let them declare but give them until June 1st to pull out and go to college based on feedback from their workouts.
 5 years ago '09        #240
space
space
I wish teams would have a NBA prospect go up against the players that are already on the team, to really see how they play against pros. Put the best team Defender on the prospect to show him whats going to happen night in and night out for 82 games. You can look like a star when your defender is the orange cones.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy