The OFFICIAL "GOING TO THE LEAGUE" thread (Early College entrants)

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #201
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$4,462 | Props total: 3056 3056
 Lupe Hunter said:
3 year rule will hurt the NCAA. You going to drive kids to take the Brandon Jennings route and leave college. There is nothing wrong with the rule. If the kid's ready he's ready if not then he decides to stay or not. 3 year rule is fu*king retarded whether you want to believe it or not.
The current one year rule already hurts the NCAA. A 3 year rule would help the NCAA by having less turnover at the big schools and help the NBA by having more polished players entering the draft. The NFL has had the 3 year rule for years and look at how much both the NFL and NCAA Football have benefited.

There have only been a handful of players in the past 20 years to make the successful leap of high school to NBA or from freshman to NBA. When's the last time, though, the NBA really had a rookie take the league by storm? Blake Griffin comes close, but he was lauded more for his highlight reel dunks than his actual basketball prowess.

Letting all of these undeveloped players in the draft has watered down the draft and the league. Most of those drafted in the first round nowadays waste away on the bench or in the D-League. They might as well stayed in college and developed their game while enjoying the bigger spotlight that comes from dominating in college. The D-League gets no shine LOL.

EDIT: I saw a few posts mentioning the baseball draft rule: go straight from high school or stay in college for three years. I think that's the route the NBA needs to go as well. I would also love to see the NBA take another page from baseball and model its minor league system like baseball's minor league system. The D-League is sort of heading in that direction, but the system still lacks the polish of baseball's system.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 03-27-2013 at 07:28 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #202
Da Truth23 91 heat pts91
space
space
$5,067 | Props total: 2551 2551
 Bezerk said:
LeBron wasn't going to fu*king Maryland... who the fu*k is telling these n*ggas these lies...

Maryland Fans...
committing doesn't actually say you are going to them yet dumb fu*k google the sh*t
 5 years ago '05        #203
J 39 heat pts39
space
space
$16,776 | Props total: 3232 3232
LeBron didn't commit to Maryland though you fu*king idiot.
 5 years ago '05        #204
MrMayface 
space
space
$1,907 | Props total: 59 59
 Oh_Yea said:
You are crazy! Marshall or Henson stayed UNC would still be in the tournament! Marshall would of got his jersey retired like Zeller. Dude gave up an important legacy for dough. You couldn't tell me he wouldn't be one or the top pg in the country.
I hate Marshall. Mainly for leaving. Luckily Paige is looking great. His jumper is nicer than any of our recent PG's when they were freshmen. I just hope like hell the Bullock & Hairston don't listen to some of the bad advice their getting and jump sh*t. I hope JMM announces soon, so that Wiggins can go ahead and commit. JMM is a huge waste of space. I can't wait until he's someone elses problem, with his no defense playing butt.
 5 years ago '10        #205
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,160 | Props total: 15703 15703
 Ghost Terp said:
Tyler Zeller's jersey was retired. One of the many useless banners in the Smith Center. Nothing beats the "NCAA 2nd place 1947" banner though

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #206
YoungRockJizzay 
space
space
$1,133 | Props total: 78 78
 Tecnique said:
I hope JMM goes to the league
That makes two of us!
 5 years ago '08        #207
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
 lboog1423 said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #208
Cassidy187 
space
space
space
$362 | Props total: 0 0
 Rique said:
Doesnt matter imagine Lebron wasting 3 years in college it would be retarded. People just dont get it time will fix nothing the players now just aren't that good it has nothing to do with how long they stay in college. Irving barely played college ball at all and look at him. Then look at Derrick Favors hes been in the NBA and still hasnt gotten much better. If you are built for the NBA you will succeed if not you wont. CJ Leslie stayed in school and his stock has done nothing, but fall

Bron Kobe are exceptions to the rule. There are more players that suffer than players that excel
 5 years ago '06        #209
JCash 
space
space
space
$270 | Props total: 7 7
imagine Lebron wasting 3 years in college it would be retarded....Lebron wouldnt have took all this time just to win his first championship, he wouldve developed a jumper sooner learned to play lock down d sooner, MATURED sooner...Rique said it you're built for the league you'll succeed if not u wont..so i do agree with the time factor on that..but staying in college will help polish your game and mature you a bit more than just jumping into the league after one year maybe even two...i think trey burke tim hardaway jr and glen robinson 3 should all stay at Michigan one more year...they'd ball out forreal
 5 years ago '05        #210
MrMayface 
space
space
$1,907 | Props total: 59 59
 YoungRockJizzay said:
That makes two of us!
That makes 3 of us.
 5 years ago '10        #211
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,927 | Props total: 52 52
 Ghost Terp said:
Doesn't matter to the NCSt players. Gottfried is a terrible coach. They hate him and want to get out of there as fast as they can. With this draft class, this is the best time to do it
idk about the players but i know the fans love Gottfried for some reason...

Oh_Yea said:
To me having a season like Austin Rivers and Kendall Marshall is reasons to stay in college. Why go to the league and get embarrassed? Stay in school so you don't end up a sucker.
 Ghost Terp said:
They both were lottery picks and in Kendall's case he wouldn't have ever been able to improve his stock better than it already was had he stayed
Kendall wanted to come back this year but his mom wanted him to declare.
 5 years ago '04        #212
DJ BlazeOne 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,641 | Props total: 18 18
JMM I want to like him and I want him succeed. But he acts like he doesnt have a beast mode in him. Too many times in games this season he just quietly scores. No emotion whatsoever or very little. I hope Wiggins comes to Carolina but I aint putting too much stock on that. He doesnt like the attention and hes gonna get it if he comes to UNC

I hope Bullock returns. Flat out when he is on he is on. He can only boost his draft stock if he comes back. PJ is finally coming into what he was shown to be in hs.
 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM         #213
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
aint no way possible maryland fans talking sh*t in here like they didnt just lay in the NIT..
 5 years ago '07        #214
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,626 | Props total: 3270 3270
 Fly 2ndComing said:
KG was going to Depaul not Maryland if he had the academics right. When he got that test score envelope in the mail n*gga said oh well NBA here I come.
1995:
Kevin Garnett (Farragut, Chicago, Ill.)
-- 5th overall pick (1st round); by Minnesota.
The Scoop: Garnett was the consensus national player of the year and almost everybody believed he was going to attend Michigan. His test scores were low, but he later found out he qualified on his last attempt, but the ball was already rolling as he wowed NBA scouts with his athleticism and enormous wingspan. Garnett is in the middle of an all-pro NBA career and in retrospect should have been the No. 1 pick over Joe Smith. (Rasheed Wallace also should have gone higher than Smith). "The Big Ticket" may one day be the No. 1 forward on the StudentSportsBasketball.com All-Time All-American list if he can win an NBA title. As for college, was Garnett going to Michigan? He told Student Sports Magazine in the fall of 1995 that, "Everybody had me going to Michigan for a long time. I led people on that I was going to UM. If I would have gone to college it was going to be Maryland. I was going to shock'em all."

Hop off my d!ck
 5 years ago '07        #215
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 @RG3 said:
aint no way possible maryland fans talking sh*t in here like they didnt just lay in the NIT..

Guess I have to say it again...

I noticed that all the cats in here speculating about next year's roster are the same cats who are fans of teams that aren't playing basketball again until November...
 03-27-2013, 10:55 AM         #216
@RG3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at him bragging about still playing ball while its basically church league ball.
 5 years ago '09        #217
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,421 | Props total: 12365 12365
 Bezerk said:
LeBron wasn't going to fu*king Maryland... who the fu*k is telling these n*ggas these lies...

Maryland Fans...
There was some sh*t came out on the net then a Heat fan posted it recently so n*ggas been running with it.
 5 years ago '07        #218
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 @RG3 said:
at him bragging about still playing ball while its basically church league ball.
We in the Final Four though
 5 years ago '06        #219
kmstokes 
space
space
$10,714 | Props total: 1783 1783
 @RG3 said:

Unc got a bad draw too. Everyone was expecting a 7 seed, I would've took an 8th in the west. With the right bracket we could've been in the sweet 16.
 5 years ago '07        #220
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
 Fly 2ndComing said:
There was some sh*t came out on the net then a Heat fan posted it recently so n*ggas been running with it.
I still don't believe it and never will. We did get the 2nd best SG that year, Mike Jones
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now