most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #101
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,432 | Props total: 791 791
 DireWolf07 said:
I know the song & that's the thing tho. Lupe wasn't saying it from his POV, more so from the views of one of those child soldiers. I swear n*ggas hate on Lupe without having any clue what his music is about
I absolutely know what Lupe's music about and have been a fan of Lupe from the beginning, I dont care what pov he rapped about it from, rapping about violence is rapping about violence period...there's no two ways about it.
 5 years ago '05        #102
GST 
space
space
$14,849 | Props total: 2425 2425
i think the point of the backlash is that it ain't cool for someone to try and come off like he's better than the the ppl he used to be just like
 5 years ago '07        #103
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
 BlackandGifted said:
I absolutely know what Lupe's music about and have been a fan of Lupe from the beginning, I dont care what pov he rapped about it from, rapping about violence is rapping about violence period...there's no two ways about it.
true, but glorifying it and speaking on harsh realities are 2 completely different things.
 5 years ago '06        #104
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
 BlackandGifted said:
 5 years ago '12        #105
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
 Jayg36 said:
Hypocracy is if he's still doing and downtalking it. A recovering addict telling other addicts there's a better way is exactly what should happen. Let's others see a living example of how to stop

Most children in Lupe's demographic don't come from well to do two parent homes. Ur speaking from a place u never been
Not really. If he had an excuse as to why he used to do it, then y can't someone else use that excuse? That's like me selling drugs to feed my kids and old heads telling me stop. U kno Imma go against their beliefs, so when I become an old head and history repeats itself, how can I blame the new n*ggas?? It's all about understanding. People just have to learn for themselves. U won't kno how hot the iron is until u touch it.
 5 years ago '11        #106
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,219 | Props total: 5387 5387
I'm done with this dude..
 5 years ago '12        #107
Thugocracy 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,346 | Props total: 10 10
 Trelli3Matrix said:
Not really. If he had an excuse as to why he used to do it, then y can't someone else use that excuse? That's like me selling drugs to feed my kids and old heads telling me stop. U kno Imma go against their beliefs, so when I become an old head and history repeats itself, how can I blame the new n*ggas?? It's all about understanding. People just have to learn for themselves. U won't kno how hot the iron is until u touch it.
I know that's a figure of speech and all, but are you seriously telling me that n*ggas can't figure out that self destructive behavior might have repercussions without living it themselves?

If someone believes a set of behaviors to be problematic, and they previously engaged in those behaviors, that doesn't mean that those behaviors were any less problematic when they were doing the sh*t, only that they didn't have sense enough to know better.

If someone doesn't know the iron is hot at the time, then later realizes that it was in fact hot, does that mean that it wasn't hot before because they didn't know it then?
 03-25-2013, 11:23 PM         #108
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigsyke19 said:
Also battle rap can use violence to show how lethal their LYRICS are, but it's in a metaphorical and lyrical way. And after the battle rap is over, it's all good. You know their is no f!ghting going on afterwards or people getting shot over words.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Walkerboy86; 03-25-2013 at 11:25 PM..
 03-25-2013, 11:37 PM         #109
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Patrick Galooly said:
You kinda co-signed Lupe.
if he's just blaming music for violence, i was actually stating that the dude doing the shooting that occurred in the theater was influenced by a movie since he was dressed as the joker.

Now if he's placing the blame on anything else other than music than i prob did cosign him but from my understanding he didnt, but i could be wrong.

Either way good/bad is here and itll never be a one way street. If a n*gga broke as fu*k and u got it and he wanna rob u then thats whats gone take place if u arent capable of preventing it from happening. Music or anything involving entertainment doesnt necessarily have to be the reason behind it. Crime and violence will always be here whether ppl rapping ab it, making movies/video games ab it or not

Last edited by Walkerboy86; 03-25-2013 at 11:40 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #110
Dice 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 187 187
Lupe is trying to remind others that they should be wary of what they do and n*ggas is getting angry

n*gga is just repeating what you should already know.. but it is being repeated because sometimes people need a reminder.

Lupe be bugging sometimes, but he isn't on this occasion.
 5 years ago '05        #111
maddnyss 
space
space
$611 | Props total: 0 0
I applaud him for this. Those who can't see his point are blind like Stevie. It's become so commonplace and accepted to spew violent lyrics that society has gotten brainwashed by it. Clearly this music affects young children, in impoverished neighborhoods (and otherwise), with absent or inadequate parenting. They hang on to every word of these lyrics. Props to Lupe for standing up. At least somebody still has the vision to see this extremely prominent issue.
 5 years ago '04        #112
focused313 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,124 | Props total: 1382 1382
I dont care if you rap about violence, as in telling a story. I'm not too fond of "i'ma k!ll a n*gga if he look in me wrong" type sh*t.

I think I like to listen to rap that caters to what I like, not really just listening and latching on. Like most relatively young males...I like money, women, s3x, and guns. I can do without the robbing, stealing, drugs, tattoos, and liquor references in my songs, but they seem to come with the money and s3x. I also dont feed into the "I'm better than you because you don't have this stuff". Music doesn't make me want to do anything, it just provides me with a soundtrack if you will....a bunch of quotes. Well...shall I say rap music. Gospel does take my mind somewhere else.

Last edited by focused313; 03-26-2013 at 12:20 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #113
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
Real sh*t...........
 5 years ago '05        #114
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2181 2181
 Damagegadget said:
nah sun thats gravity ... most excessive violence only happens in america ..and if its anywhere else Im sure we have had our hands in it
not literally mane..

..but violence has been around since the beginning of time and will always be around...

..i aint saying its good.. but it is entertaining
 5 years ago '04        #115
bigdog232 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,021 | Props total: 390 390
 pa_general said:
Rapper stands up to violent lyrics in hip-hop...Boxden coons get their panties in a bunch...
 03-26-2013, 02:28 AM         #116
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some people who rap it actually live it. That's what you're supposed to do with art, draw inspiration from real life situations. Besides some of that sh*t is hot. We all like Denzel in Training Day. As humans we love a good bad a.ss. And it's always appealing to us, as humans, to be drawn into lifestyles that we don't live or understand fully. I enjoy learning about serial k!llers, not because I'm gonna get up and hack someone but because it's interesting to dissect. You know the amount of rich kids who never seen a gun love running around repeating these lyrics? It's the way of the world and it'll never change. Nothing to do with hip-hop.
 5 years ago '11        #117
nastynorm89 
space
space
$229 | Props total: 62 62
 pa_general said:
Rapper stands up to violent lyrics in hip-hop...Boxden coons get their panties in a bunch...
This
 03-26-2013, 02:45 AM         #118
E Bizzness 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Real talk
 03-26-2013, 02:48 AM         #119
evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If anything, rap about fit bi*ches, mafiaso sh*t, gettin up n doin sumthin.
devil wants my soul, nah n*gga wtfuk u sayin
 5 years ago '13        #120
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305

Lupe taking a stand against all the senseless violence in the entertainment industry.

Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy