Lupe Fiasco Uses Twitter To Blast Violent Lyrics In Hip Hop

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
 Carlton Black said:
I fux wit Fif & I agree that Ross shouldn't be rappin' about a life he doesn't live...but wtf does that have to do with the fact that he does in fact promote violence in his raps?....I don't hate him for that but damn n*gga....own it...stop with these flimsy deflective excuses....like one issue has absolutely nothing to do with the other....
I do feel like that as well, I think n*ggas would look at these n*ggas better if n*ggas would jus own up to it. It aint like n*ggas would stop listening cuz like it would only be confirming wat we already knew lol.
 03-24-2013, 10:06 PM         #42
Jeezydasnowman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Because he knows n*ggas will react like that ^
even tho imma lupe fan dont mean I agree with this

Lupe Fiasco ✔ @LupeFiasco

Violent music (and all violent media) effectively says its "ok" to be violent. It provides positive reinforcement for negative actions.

that means video games, movies etc...he better not hop on the anti-gun bandwagon. Surely he would lose a lot of fans if he does so. Not even that, it would be hypocritical.
 5 years ago '12        #43
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
 Gm0ney85 said:
is it okay to keep ya raps from the 3rd perspective?

like.. okay say i aint DO it, but i witnessed it.. can i speak on it?

so instead of saying "i got these kilo's" i would say "the n*gga with the kilos" (knowing damn well people would a.ssume when i say "the n*gga" they would think i mean.. me)

or will fans think im trying to say im bout that? even tho k!llin, sellin dope aint something I DO, but something i seen from the bedroom window, car window, across the street, my friends do.. or shieet even on TV and movies..

im just representing the ill of society.. art imitating life right?

its the fans fault if they a.ssume they know what i mean in my rhymes.. and want to jump to conclusion about what they think they know about me..
I fu*ks wit dat, I feel like Nas is more of that n*gga even tho he's done sum slight partaking from what I hear.

But if you around it & this is sh*t u've literally seen I see nothing wrong wit dat, ppl draw inspiration from their surroundings all the time.

Also a n*gga like Nas was raised in one of the most notorious & worst housing projects, especially in the 80s & 90s. So I'm SURE he's seen alot & even done some.

I'm not wit da whole "I seen it on tv, and wanna rap about it" Do jus how u seen it. "Yo I was watchin dis k!ller in scarface wateva, wateva, wateva".
 5 years ago '04        #44
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,275 | Props total: 2845 2845
Troll Fiasco back at it.. week after week
 5 years ago '07        #45
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 1194 1194
It's silly to think that if rappers stopped putting violent lyrics in their songs crimes would go down in the inner city. Maybe violent people jus gravitate to violent music. And some people, like myself, can separate entertainment from reality.
 5 years ago '04        #46
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,645 | Props total: 2651 2651
I wanna f!ght Lupe
 03-25-2013, 01:09 AM         #47
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wonder what song the white dude that shot up the movie theatre was listening to when he came up with the idea to dress up as Joker from Batman

Damn my bad, that was a movie

Violence aint goin nowhere regardless. Ppl get k!lled for talking sh*t, fu*king n*ggas girls, whatever other reasons there are that has nothing to do with music. Its a fu*ked up world, lyrics in music the last thing that shld be brought up concerning violence

Last edited by Walkerboy86; 03-25-2013 at 01:13 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #48
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,254 | Props total: 9707 9707
I'm almost 100% sure the meaning of hypocrite doesn't apply in this situation...
 5 years ago '11        #49
Lee Wizzle 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,667 | Props total: 1510 1510
How we gon say kids should know the difference from real and and fake when u got adults that dont know sh*t look at how ppl argue on here about which rapper is real and which one aint which one was strapped which one bi*chmade who about that life who aint u gotta be a dumb mofo to think hip hop aint the soundtrack to violence im from chicago i kno for a fact it is
 5 years ago '12        #50
You Hater 1447 heat pts1447
space
space
$42,400 | Props total: 19888 19888
fu*king Hate Lupe as a rapper and a person. His Music sucks
 5 years ago '10        #51
joeybang2010 1 heat pts
space
space
$656 | Props total: 388 388
why not just let your music speak for its self...why do rappers always talk instead of making records....make music about your thoughts not tweets!!!
 5 years ago '11        #52
whitesand 46 heat pts46
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 1545 1545
 Gm0ney85 said:
violence makes the world go 'round...
This. /thread
 03-25-2013, 12:42 PM         #53
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #54
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,580 | Props total: 17251 17251
What happen to his Skateboard?
 03-25-2013, 12:44 PM         #55
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Walkerboy86 said:
I wonder what song the white dude that shot up the movie theatre was listening to when he came up with the idea to dress up as Joker from Batman

Damn my bad, that was a movie

Violence aint goin nowhere regardless. Ppl get k!lled for talking sh*t, fu*king n*ggas girls, whatever other reasons there are that has nothing to do with music. Its a fu*ked up world, lyrics in music the last thing that shld be brought up concerning violence
You kinda co-signed Lupe.
 5 years ago '10        #56
THERETURNOFK2Z 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$5,590 | Props total: 6463 6463
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 pa_general said:
Rapper stands up to violent lyrics in hip-hop...Boxden coons get their panties in a bunch...
this house slaves only know how to serve masta
 5 years ago '10        #57
space
space
space
 FreshBeatzBx said:
Question tho: (I aint a big Lupe fan btw)

But I see alotta die hard fans, u kno n*ggas that was around for "Food & Liquor" and "The Cool" and earlier sh*t.

They dissapointed wit today's Lupe, why is that?
i'm more of a

first n 15th vol 1 2 and 3 fan but.. dude isn't as metophorically potent as he used to be if that word exists.. he needs to go back to his old producers with creative fresh sounding beats.

however, i got more respect for him than before because of what he stands for and does...

i will continue to buy his albums because he stands for something and that needs to be encouraged

Last edited by THERETURNOFK2Z; 03-25-2013 at 01:04 PM..
 03-25-2013, 12:55 PM         #58
TIP2009 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that's like saying b/c ti said he shot someone it's ok to shoot someone. how stupid is this dumbass? people talk about sh*t, sometimes mistakes, sometimes sh*t they want to do again, regardless, lupe is a fu*king clown. let's up that 47% here...
 5 years ago '10        #59
space
space
space
 bennnylava said:
Why does Lupe always talk like he's saying some unbelievable, philosophical, remarkable deep sh*t that n*ggas already don't already know?
Because mainstream rappers don't say unbelievable, philosophical, or remarkable deep sh*t

5 years ago '10        #60
space
space
space
 TIP2009 said:
that's like saying b/c ti said he shot someone it's ok to shoot someone.
seems like critical thinking is not your strong suit
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Late to the Party: Persona 5
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago