Erykah badu shows that fur burger
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #21
GrindPOWER$ 391 heat pts391
space
space
$19,294 | Props total: 12666 12666
all some rappers have to do is acknowledge what effects their music have on the urban society..because like i said these kids listen to these rappers more than they do the parents.
 5 years ago '12        #22
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
I agree wit Fif. N I think the bigger problem is n*ggas who rappin sh*t they aint live i.e. Ross which is why I don't listen to him.
 5 years ago '10        #23
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,663 | Props total: 4504 4504
 Eminence said:
all some rappers have to do is acknowledge what effects their music have on the urban society..because like i said these kids listen to these rappers more than they do the parents.
yeah I understand if you are like at a mature level to be able to listen to some genres of hip-hop and not be effected at all

but when you got 2-17 year olds who cant remember how to do a math problem but can recite every lyric to their fav. rap songs and the parents wont do ish about it there is something is wrong
 5 years ago '10        #24
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Carlton Black said:
so wait a minute we've got ppl in here really mad at Lupe for attempting to uplift his ppl & steer them away from violent-themed music/lyrics? only on BX man I swear....
yeah man ish makes no sense, the matrix inhabitant cant say anything positive without these cats trying to down play him

they dont know they are on my hit list too
 5 years ago '06        #25
SM 38199 heat pts38199 OP
space
space
$128,022 | Props total: 67748 67748
Full rant
Violent music (and all violent media) effectively says its “ok” to be violent. It provides positive reinforcement for negative actions. If you rap and make violent music then own up to it. Stop hiding behind “art imitating life” as a way to evade the guilt. “How the hell you gonna tell this man not 2 be violent?, Cuz he dont need to go the same route that I did” -Eminem & Dr. Dre “Choices”. Sorry…”Bad Meets Evil”…”Guilty Conscious”…sorry…lol

It creates the atmosphere that violence is an acceptable means to an end. Agree or disagree doesnt really matter at this point honestly. But to not even acknowledge the possibility that violent music has even the most minute effect on violence in the world is frankly bullsh*t. Ive made violent music. Done violent things. Most my friends are violent. Lived in violent neighbors. Seen violence first hand. A certain point you start to get tired of it. You ask why? why is it like this? what is causing this? why is this ok to live like this? Then you turn on the news and see that a 12 month old got shot in the face by two teenagers in Georgia for no reason at all. Then you hear a song on the radio talking about “shooting everyone in sight”…bad times man…fu*k… you may not give two sh*ts about the next man and his troubles and thats cool with me…live you life…but I do and most people I know do. but dont sit there and act like high a.ss inner city murder rates are just falling from the sky for absolutely no reason… everything plays a part…EVERYTHING. Take responsibility for the part you play. motherfu*kers can at least start there. yeah I got issues. My hood aint been safe in 25 years! At the point now u can die for nothing. just random death and disregard. tired of it. I know you don’t hear me. I guess its the LAST desperate act of a desperate man in desperate times. On one…peace…

And that’s it. In That last retweet. CARE. Compassion. Empathy. Do you care? Yes or no? Sometimes? All the time? That’s the issue at hand. One more and I’m done. Promise. Somebody just said the violence in Shakespeare didnt make people more violent or had no effect. And my thought was the people who could even afford to see a Shakespeare play at the time probably got their money from the slave trade. Now ain’t that bout a bi*ch…bad, woman good…lol…y’all move in peace out there one love #CHI
 5 years ago '05        #26
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,818 | Props total: 2623 2623
funny how he went on the hip hop honors and fu*ked up the ATCQ tribute only to say he didn't grow up on that "backpacker" sh*t and never plans on listening because he grew up on gangsta rap to being a spokesperson against gangsta rap. I guess he matured but obviously he didn't turn into a violent criminal from listening to it. It is entertainment.
 5 years ago '10        #27
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Martel said:
funny how he went on the hip hop honors and fu*ked up the ATCQ tribute only to say he didn't grow up on that "backpacker" sh*t and never plans on listening because he grew up on gangsta rap to being a spokesperson against gangsta rap. I guess he matured but obviously he didn't turn into a violent criminal from listening to it. It is entertainment.
he started off as a gangster rapper and realized he diddnt want to do it so he started rapping againist it

hes always been outspoken about it, its just now hes really standing againist it

I guess because he realizes hes not gonna be young forever...

Last edited by kiddrocay; 03-24-2013 at 08:10 PM..
 5 years ago '13        #28
XxKingLeonxX 
space
space
$37,305 | Props total: 10953 10953
 SM said:

Lupe Fiasco connects violent Hip Hop lyrics to violence in society.

While most use Sunday as a day to relax and reflect on the previous week Lupe Fiasco took the day to reflect on the state of lyrics in Hip Hop.

Taking to Twitter this afternoon, Lupe decided to write a short novel on the issue blasting off 19 tweets about the use of violent lyrics in Hip Hop music. Fiasco says he believes that violent lyrics give rappers "positive reinforcement" to commit negative acts.

"Violent music (and all violent media) effectively says its 'ok' to be violent. It provides positive reinforcement for negative actions," Lupe said in a tweet. "If you rap and make violent music then own up to it. Stop hiding behind 'art imitating life' as a way to evade the guilt."

Lupe Fiasco also referenced a Dr. Dre line in Eminem's song "Guilt Conscience" quoting, "How the hell you gonna tell this man not 2 be violent?, Cuz he dont need to go the same route that I did." Lupe's latest Twitter anthology could be linked to 50 Cent's appearance on CBS' Sunday Morning program in which the Queens rapper said that his music doesn't glorify violence. Lupe admitted that he himself has made violent music and committed violent acts in the past but questions why people continue to do such.

"Ive made violent music. Done violent things. Most my friends are violent. Lived in violent neighbors. Seen violence first hand," he said. "A certain point you start to get tired of it. You ask why? why is it like this? what is causing this? why is this ok to live like this? Then you turn on the news and see that a 12 month old got shot in the face by two teenagers in Georgia for no reason at all."

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Gangsta Lu....
 5 years ago '08        #29
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
 kiddrocay said:
yeah I understand if you are like at a mature level to be able to listen to some genres of hip-hop and not be effected at all

but when you got 2-17 year olds who cant remember how to do a math problem but can recite every lyric to their fav. rap songs and the parents wont do ish about it there is something is wrong
I think it comes down to how balanced your life influences are though, like if you listen to gangster rap, play video games, and watch gangster movies but also have REAL LIFE role models who are there to supersede the influence that these random celebrities who you've actually never met in your life can have on you, then you have a great chance to find the counter balance to not be as affected. I think one of the reasons why I got in trouble a lot when I was a kid was that I had a bad balance ratio of real life vs celebrity role models.
 5 years ago '04        #30
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6514 6514
considering that pretty much all of us listen to gangster rap to an extent i think its funny that people are calling other people coons for listening to it
 5 years ago '05        #31
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
 FreshBeatzBx said:
I agree wit Fif. N I think the bigger problem is n*ggas who rappin sh*t they aint live i.e. Ross which is why I don't listen to him.
is it okay to keep ya raps from the 3rd perspective?

like.. okay say i aint DO it, but i witnessed it.. can i speak on it?

so instead of saying "i got these kilo's" i would say "the n*gga with the kilos" (knowing damn well people would a.ssume when i say "the n*gga" they would think i mean.. me)

or will fans think im trying to say im bout that? even tho k!llin, sellin dope aint something I DO, but something i seen from the bedroom window, car window, across the street, my friends do.. or shieet even on TV and movies..

im just representing the ill of society.. art imitating life right?

its the fans fault if they a.ssume they know what i mean in my rhymes.. and want to jump to conclusion about what they think they know about me..
 5 years ago '09        #32
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,271 | Props total: 19375 19375
 Martel said:
Yea Lupe is turning into a clown
 5 years ago '11        #33
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Dude is really starting to get on my nerves. He's way too old to be this idealistic...
 5 years ago '12        #34
BIGMARS 49 heat pts49
space
space
$9,522 | Props total: 3171 3171
He talkin bout 50
 03-24-2013, 08:53 PM         #35
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #36
Ghostface08 19 heat pts19
space
space
$626 | Props total: 1 1
 Minister said:
Scarface the Movie did more than Scarface the Rapper for me..
 03-24-2013, 08:58 PM         #37
Jeezydasnowman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:')

5 years ago '11        #38
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 bennnylava said:
Why does Lupe always talk like he's saying some unbelievable, philosophical, remarkable deep sh*t that n*ggas already don't already know?
 Jeezydasnowman said:
:')

Because he knows n*ggas will react like that ^
 5 years ago '08        #39
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,110 | Props total: 23348 23348
 Jayg36 said:
Hypocracy is if he's still doing and downtalking it. A recovering addict telling other addicts there's a better way is exactly what should happen. Let's others see a living example of how to stop

Most children in Lupe's demographic don't come from well to do two parent homes. Ur speaking from a place u never been
powerful posting
 5 years ago '10        #40
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,178 | Props total: 464 464
Love all this sh*t talking about Lu

I guarantee Lupe makes a comeback eventually

U already know its going to happen. Keep dissing him plz.

Hope it fuels him
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
42 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
36 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy