Lupe Fiasco Uses Twitter To Blast Violent Lyrics In Hip Hop

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
207 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
255 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
93 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
9473 pageviews
145 comments

SM 38173 heat pts38173
space
space
$127,936 | Props total: 67340 67340
Lupe Fiasco Uses Twitter To Blast Violent Lyrics In Hip Hop

Lupe Fiasco connects violent Hip Hop lyrics to violence in society.

While most use Sunday as a day to relax and reflect on the previous week Lupe Fiasco took the day to reflect on the state of lyrics in Hip Hop.

Taking to Twitter this afternoon, Lupe decided to write a short novel on the issue blasting off 19 tweets about the use of violent lyrics in Hip Hop music. Fiasco says he believes that violent lyrics give rappers "positive reinforcement" to commit negative acts.

"Violent music (and all violent media) effectively says its 'ok' to be violent. It provides positive reinforcement for negative actions," Lupe said in a tweet. "If you rap and make violent music then own up to it. Stop hiding behind 'art imitating life' as a way to evade the guilt."

Lupe Fiasco also referenced a Dr. Dre line in Eminem's song "Guilt Conscience" quoting, "How the hell you gonna tell this man not 2 be violent?, Cuz he dont need to go the same route that I did." Lupe's latest Twitter anthology could be linked to 50 Cent's appearance on CBS' Sunday Morning program in which the Queens rapper said that his music doesn't glorify violence. Lupe admitted that he himself has made violent music and committed violent acts in the past but questions why people continue to do such.

"Ive made violent music. Done violent things. Most my friends are violent. Lived in violent neighbors. Seen violence first hand," he said. "A certain point you start to get tired of it. You ask why? why is it like this? what is causing this? why is this ok to live like this? Then you turn on the news and see that a 12 month old got shot in the face by two teenagers in Georgia for no reason at all."

Violent music (and all violent media) effectively says its “ok” to be violent. It provides positive reinforcement for negative actions. If you rap and make violent music then own up to it. Stop hiding behind “art imitating life” as a way to evade the guilt. “How the hell you gonna tell this man not 2 be violent?, Cuz he dont need to go the same route that I did” -Eminem & Dr. Dre “Choices”. Sorry…”Bad Meets Evil”…”Guilty Conscious”…sorry…lol

It creates the atmosphere that violence is an acceptable means to an end. Agree or disagree doesnt really matter at this point honestly. But to not even acknowledge the possibility that violent music has even the most minute effect on violence in the world is frankly bullsh*t. Ive made violent music. Done violent things. Most my friends are violent. Lived in violent neighbors. Seen violence first hand. A certain point you start to get tired of it. You ask why? why is it like this? what is causing this? why is this ok to live like this? Then you turn on the news and see that a 12 month old got shot in the face by two teenagers in Georgia for no reason at all. Then you hear a song on the radio talking about “shooting everyone in sight”…bad times man…fu*k… you may not give two sh*ts about the next man and his troubles and thats cool with me…live you life…but I do and most people I know do. but dont sit there and act like high a.ss inner city murder rates are just falling from the sky for absolutely no reason… everything plays a part…EVERYTHING. Take responsibility for the part you play. motherfu*kers can at least start there. yeah I got issues. My hood aint been safe in 25 years! At the point now u can die for nothing. just random death and disregard. tired of it. I know you don’t hear me. I guess its the LAST desperate act of a desperate man in desperate times. On one…peace…

And that’s it. In That last retweet. CARE. Compassion. Empathy. Do you care? Yes or no? Sometimes? All the time? That’s the issue at hand. One more and I’m done. Promise. Somebody just said the violence in Shakespeare didnt make people more violent or had no effect. And my thought was the people who could even afford to see a Shakespeare play at the time probably got their money from the slave trade. Now ain’t that bout a bi*ch…bad, woman good…lol…y’all move in peace out there one love #CHI

[pic - click to view]

Lupe Fiasco Uses Twitter To Blast Violent Lyrics In Hip Hop | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

Last edited by SM; 03-24-2013 at 08:06 PM..

145 comments for "Lupe Fiasco Uses Twitter To Blast Violent Lyrics In Hip Hop"

5 years ago '05        #2
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,723 | Props total: 2177 2177
violence makes the world go 'round...
 5 years ago '09        #3
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,303 | Props total: 7956 7956
wasnt lupe a "gangster rapper" talking that bang bang sh*t when he originally came out.......thats like a recovering addict talking down on someone who uses drugs, hypocrisy at its finest

with that said...its just entertainment and if a child cant diffretirate between whats real and whats not or whats good and whats bad then it is the parent that is failing the child not the rappers inside the music box

i use to be a big fan of dmx as a kid but my father and mother words directed me way more then dark man x ever could
 03-24-2013, 07:06 PM         #4
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k lupe and anyone who supports him
 5 years ago '09        #5
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,303 | Props total: 7956 7956
 Gm0ney85 said:
gaza strip was getting bombed...obama didnt say sh*t
 03-24-2013, 07:08 PM         #6
Satire 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I fu*king hate this guy. Twitter was the worst thing to ever happen to him.
 5 years ago '06        #7
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
Rapper stands up to violent lyrics in hip-hop...Boxden coons get their panties in a bunch...
 5 years ago '11        #8
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,813 | Props total: 1194 1194
inb4KiddRocay
 5 years ago '09        #9
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621
 pa_general said:
Rapper stands up to violent lyrics in hip-hop...Boxden coons get their panties in a bunch...
 03-24-2013, 07:24 PM         #10
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

03-24-2013, 07:24 PM         #11
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lupe sits on the causeway and pets moths
 03-24-2013, 07:25 PM         #12
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lupe walks down residential areas dressed like a samurai and pets animals
 03-24-2013, 07:27 PM         #13
Se7en 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pa_general said:
 Jayg36 said:
And be the first ones to hop in a thread talkin sh*t about blacks being too violent
 5 years ago '09        #14
Mahaat 129 heat pts129
space
space
$11,385 | Props total: 1769 1769
1st Page
 5 years ago '12        #15
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
 Gm0ney85 said:
still got ma money
 5 years ago '10        #16
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 4494 4494

[pic - click to view]

yall talking ish about the hood samurai????
 5 years ago '12        #17
FreshBeatzBx 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$5,167 | Props total: 6 6
Question tho: (I aint a big Lupe fan btw)

But I see alotta die hard fans, u kno n*ggas that was around for "Food & Liquor" and "The Cool" and earlier sh*t.

They dissapointed wit today's Lupe, why is that?
 03-24-2013, 07:47 PM         #18
Brolic757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lupe is the greatest rapper alive post 2000s..only second to jay
 03-24-2013, 07:49 PM         #19
HoLLiwood Heyti 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Minister said:
lupe walks down residential areas dressed like a samurai and pets animals
Lupe walks down residential areas dressed like forrest law with a cup of romen chicken favored noodles
 5 years ago '10        #20
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 4494 4494
 FreshBeatzBx said:
Question tho: (I aint a big Lupe fan btw)

But I see alotta die hard fans, u kno n*ggas that was around for "Food & Liquor" and "The Cool" and earlier sh*t.

They dissapointed wit today's Lupe, why is that?
because mr. black bruce lee has went full blown rebel in his music and they refuse to adapt

they dont know they are on my hit list though, once you in this lupe ish its blood out

fah lyfe gangsta
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
74 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
181 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
57 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
46 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
82 comments
20 hours ago