I'm 29 years old, how do i learn to dress in style for my age?

most viewed right now
 129
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 84
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
298 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 70
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 47
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
makaveli_420 
space
space
space
$2,686 | Props total: 855 855
 Kalon said:
and i will definitely try to find a good tailor and do a better job of buying clothes that fit. the problem i have is im tall.


waist wise, 34 is too big. 32 is too small, like super exact. 33 is where i end up, but i wanna find something that hugs my legs better, i guess thats where a tailor comes in.

i buy L in polos....XL in jackets and dress shirts, maybe that should come down to L. any help is appreciated.

im 6'1 155 if that helps. and im 26.

find a good tailor, no excuses. They work magic.

xl jackets? huh?? I am 6'2, 185, wear a medium across the board. You're sizing up man...as evidence by that Michael Jordan outfit there. You look like one of the Backstreet Boys. That fit is ridiculous man, no hate, you need to hear that.

I know designers' and brands' sizing usually differs a little, but I find that most are making sizes larger than they used to be. For example, a Medium fits the same way a Large fit 10 years ago because people are bigger now.
 03-26-2013, 05:45 PM         #82
CIDF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dress like a real a.ss n*gga who mighta just signed a million dollar business deal
 5 years ago '04        #83
ddash 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$22,975 | Props total: 3472 3472
 Junglist said:
Express, H&M(for some sh*t,their sh*t is made cheap) Zara and Banana Republic is all you need to get started
Agree 100% on this.
They all have great current/new trendy styles and is more fitted for business/simple casual clothes.Their clothes have that euro fit so they may feel smaller or tighter but look better than being baggy.

Express and H&M definitely use cheaper material and will last only a year or so.Good prices tho.

Banana Republic makes dope sh*t and the quality is much much better than Express,H&M,Gap and Zara to me.Cost is a little more but I know the clothes will last and worth the extra money that I pay.They also have a crazy amount of sales online throughout the year to get things for better prices.

My Favorite Coat of all-time came from Zara.It was my first purchase from there ever and I wish I bought 2.That sh*t be having me feeling/looking GQ as fu*k and always gets mad compliments and stares from everyone.Looks to dope.

I will say dress to the occasion and dress in what you are comfortable in.After waring that Zara coat for a month or so I wanted to dress comfortable again and starting rocking my polo and polo bubble vest again.The Zara and grown look feels and looks good but I would rather be comfortable.

Those 4 store that were mentioned will have you looking nice in no time.

I think Fit is the most important thing nowadays tho.

No lie,this is a good thread because 5 years ago,I was all about just being clean and presentable in public and not really worrying about fashion.I would be rocking jeans/cargo shorts and an old navy shirt.Now,I only wear Ralph Lauren,burberry,lacoste,nautica and more of a grown up/more expensive look with button up shirts with the sleeves rolled up and more fitted instead up a size to big.

Definitely a big difference but I wanted to change my look.

Do this for yaself and not for the hoes man.

I look good for me first other just like it.


Last edited by ddash; 03-26-2013 at 06:51 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #84
makaveli_420 
space
space
space
$2,686 | Props total: 855 855
^^banana is nice but for slim guys like Calon, their gear fits like a tent. I recommend Frank and Oak instead. Also very affordable!
 5 years ago '06        #85
Junglist 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,052 | Props total: 10034 10034
I buy sh*t at banana then have it tailored if its too big, their quality is top notch
 5 years ago '07        #86
makaveli_420 
space
space
space
$2,686 | Props total: 855 855
 Junglist said:
I buy sh*t at banana then have it tailored if its too big, their quality is top notch




you got the right idea by getting it altered though
 5 years ago '06        #87
Junglist 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,052 | Props total: 10034 10034
 makaveli_420 said:



you got the right idea by getting it altered though
For the price hell yeah the quality is top notch

Now if you wanna show off get yourself some Thomas Pink
 5 years ago '04        #88
ddash 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$22,975 | Props total: 3472 3472
 Junglist said:
For the price hell yeah the quality is top notch

Now if you wanna show off get yourself some Thomas Pink
I agree.

n*ggas aint got time to buy each shirt at $150 each just for quality.
 5 years ago '08        #89
OzzieCanseco 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,340 | Props total: 111 111
This is a good thread. I got promoted last summer and went from wearing (insert camo shorts and j's type outfit) at work to now dealing with people from all avenues of the business world. I tried going the cheap route ended up with a couple pairs of baggy khakis from wherever before I got put on to Banana Republic.

The op answer is somewhere in the middle in here. It's not buying exquisite Italian leather loafers and it's not wearing Under Armour giving no fu*ks. Get your body straight and wear form fitting clothes. If you find something you like buy multiple qty. Also, whoever brought up the skin care

I'd rather be in XL sweats and some Hurraches tho so
 5 years ago '04        #90
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
Thanks guys. I will take the advice. So instead of L, which is feel is my true size, go to M?

I aint ashamed to admit i need help in this area. A lot.
 5 years ago '04        #91
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 ddash said:
Agree 100% on this.
They all have great current/new trendy styles and is more fitted for business/simple casual clothes.Their clothes have that euro fit so they may feel smaller or tighter but look better than being baggy.

Express and H&M definitely use cheaper material and will last only a year or so.Good prices tho.

Banana Republic makes dope sh*t and the quality is much much better than Express,H&M,Gap and Zara to me.Cost is a little more but I know the clothes will last and worth the extra money that I pay.They also have a crazy amount of sales online throughout the year to get things for better prices.

My Favorite Coat of all-time came from Zara.It was my first purchase from there ever and I wish I bought 2.That sh*t be having me feeling/looking GQ as fu*k and always gets mad compliments and stares from everyone.Looks to dope.

I will say dress to the occasion and dress in what you are comfortable in.After waring that Zara coat for a month or so I wanted to dress comfortable again and starting rocking my polo and polo bubble vest again.The Zara and grown look feels and looks good but I would rather be comfortable.

Those 4 store that were mentioned will have you looking nice in no time.

I think Fit is the most important thing nowadays tho.

No lie,this is a good thread because 5 years ago,I was all about just being clean and presentable in public and not really worrying about fashion.I would be rocking jeans/cargo shorts and an old navy shirt.Now,I only wear Ralph Lauren,burberry,lacoste,nautica and more of a grown up/more expensive look with button up shirts with the sleeves rolled up and more fitted instead up a size to big.

Definitely a big difference but I wanted to change my look.

Do this for yaself and not for the hoes man.

I look good for me first other just like it.
express stuff only lasts a year? Ill give you that its not top quality but their stuff lasts way more than a year if youre washing your clothes correctly.
 5 years ago '04        #92
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 Kalon said:
Thanks guys. I will take the advice. So instead of L, which is feel is my true size, go to M?

I aint ashamed to admit i need help in this area. A lot.
check out reddit, they know their sh*t for the most part and they can give you way better tips than these dudes on here.



read the side bars. they are a lot more informative than the dudes on here.
 5 years ago '04        #93
ddash 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$22,975 | Props total: 3472 3472
 Sabotage said:
express stuff only lasts a year? Ill give you that its not top quality but their stuff lasts way more than a year if youre washing your clothes correctly.
Maybe exaggerated a bit but I was just saying their quality is not the best.
 5 years ago '11        #94
whitesand 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 1545 1545
Lemme come in here and see what i missed
 5 years ago '06        #95
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$5,486 | Props total: 735 735
carry on boxden
 5 years ago '08        #96
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
 Kalon said:
man....yall n*ggas stupid. we know how to dress, if you havent noticed that the forum is called Kicks @ BX.

Kicks= sneakers, baseketball shoes, trainers, tennis shoes, however u wanna put it.

lets not act like people dont have or wear clothes meant for other occasions.


[pic - click to view]



not the best picture nor the best outfit but yall get the point.


[pic - click to view]



homie posted that pic with the utmost confidence.....

 5 years ago '06        #97
chrisf249 
space
avatar space
space
$1,059 | Props total: 363 363
Can't go wrong with having 2 pairs of fresh sperrys, not to mention at least one pair of dress shoes. For your slacks wear slim straight (express got some decent ones).

Basically, you don't have to spend quac on expensive "grown up clothes". Go with clothes that doesn't have a label.
 5 years ago '04        #98
gunits50cent187 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$6,215 | Props total: 1522 1522
Dressing for the occasion is spot on but I also look young for my age(27)..so I adapt in certain atmospheres..I live in a college town..so I wear more chill things when I go out to their bars..but when I goto places with an older crowd I dress what suits me..I shop at nordstroms n Macy's a lot..so I gotta arsenal of Burberry polos..2 watches..gotta have a silver one n and black one for sure..so I'll go out wearing a slim jean..Burberry polo..Gucci belt..nice watch..fresh cut..gotta have a nice tan..smelling good n carry yourself with confidence..just find your own swag n run with it..also shop at J Crew..they got good stuff
 5 years ago '07        #99
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
good sh*t for the most part in this thread

i usually go to dillards and macys

always saw and wondered about banana republic, checked out their site and will def get some stuff from them....i also checked out express and they too have good selections not sure about the quality like others were saying
 5 years ago '04        #100
Kalon 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,457 | Props total: 80 80
 iPunish901 said:

[pic - click to view]



homie posted that pic with the utmost confidence.....

hey i take my L like a man. we all gotta go through that sometimes
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 72
Steph Kegels
111 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 42
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 38
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
36 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 22
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy