I'm 29 years old, how do i learn to dress in style for my age?

most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
74 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
121 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
Sir Mike 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,486 | Props total: 735 735
at first i was gonna clown but ill drop some knowledge, go pickup a "GQ" magazine like real talk..they have several styles other than suit and tie that keeps it classy but still casual
 5 years ago '08        #22
AC_89 200 heat pts200
space
space
$39,284 | Props total: 13660 13660
29 at least ur not over the hill yet but ur getting there
 03-25-2013, 06:54 AM         #23
Killa Kwamz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
foot locker 4 for 20's denim jeans and some shoes. I keep all my money still slide out the spot with a gorgeous honey.
 5 years ago '04        #24
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 HeightsBound said:
All types of different styles in there.
all types of styles...for high school kids. those threads are nothing but dudes jerking each other to some pair of jordans
 5 years ago '06        #25
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,315 | Props total: 1085 1085
follow terrence j on instagram
 5 years ago '10        #26
SwooshWonder 13 heat pts13
space
space
$25,317 | Props total: 8298 8298
Dress however you want bruh. If you don't like suit and ties, don't wear them. They aren't an indicator of a grown man.
 5 years ago '10        #27
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,732 | Props total: 19626 19626
If most of your shirts have collars, then you're on the right track.

You should own at least 3 pairs of slacks, one pair of wing tips, and a decent suit. This goes for any aged man.

For the suits and dress shoes, I'd go with neutral earth tones for colors.

Keep the tshirts and crew neck stuff for whatever you feel like that isn't something formal, or trying to impress someone. You don't have to ditch everything that makes who you are.

It's good to have versatility in your closet for every social arrangement.

Like stated before, stay the fu*k away from the wdyw today thread. Far away.

Last edited by Hovi Bryant; 03-25-2013 at 08:47 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #28
space
space

[video - click to view]

Subscribe to that man. Serious knowledge.
 5 years ago '05        #29
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15778 15778
Dress what you feel comfortable in

A basic collar shirt, pair jeans or slacks, and a nice pair of shoes does the trick for me. I'm not really a suit & tie guy myself but it always good to have at least one on deck.
 5 years ago '06        #30
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,456 | Props total: 2648 2648
i say wear what makes you feel comfortable
 5 years ago '08        #31
Skeetx3.2 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 90 90
Pick up an Esquire magazine and take notes
 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM         #32
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
start with a pair of shoes and work your way up, shoes are like the foundation GQ can help but you just gotta go to stores and try sh*t on
 5 years ago '04        #33
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
I'm 29 and I wear whatever I want for the appropriate occasion. You're not going to wear a suit and tie going to the bar to watch the game with your boys.. Same way you're not going to wear your Penny Vs to an After 5 event. Just have a diverse wardrobe and you'll be fine.

P.S. I don't care what anyone says, you're never too old to wear sneakers, if you're into them, rock them. I definitely don't wear mine much at all, due to me working in an office, but I still buy them because I like them
 5 years ago '07        #34
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
You'll never feel confident following style guides designed for people trying to keep up with Joneses. GQ thinks we're all Ryan Gosling.

You're 29 (as am I), meaning you should be smart enough to know that the grown-man look is bullsh*t. I've said it here before, I think, but my pops is 47, owns houses in NY and another in Florida, two cars, and raised a couple of well-adjusted sons. And he rocks Under Armour tees and Nike trackpants as a retiree who works part-time for fun. When he was my age, he rocked a gold tooth and a camo jacket with Jordans before OG was even a phrase. Let's evaluate what a grown man really is before we talk about an acceptable look.

I know people with homes on both coasts, do impulsive month-long vacations in foreign countries because they can, and rock New Balances, windbreakers, Dri-fit t-shirts and Oakley shades while driving Porsches and M6s.

Dress for occasions and dress with what makes you feel right. If that means a Diamond Supply graphic shirt, then do you. If it's RRL denim with an Arcteryx jacket and IWC watches, then play that lane. If you're not down to pull off a Lacoste knit with a plaid polo and some dark jeans and retros, then you need to evaluate that internally. Don't ignore your instincts. Didn't you watch Hitch?
 03-25-2013, 02:06 PM         #35
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honestly, no mag or anything can style you because not everything looks good on every body type.

Gotta wear what looks good on you.

Take a well dressed, bad female to the mall. Take about $2,000... let her dress you in what she perceives looks good on you, get other female's (and maybe a male - no homo) opinions in the stores, and follow suit from said day.
 5 years ago '07        #36
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 Bezerk said:
Take a well dressed, bad female to the mall. Take about $2,000... let her dress you in what she perceives looks good on you, get other female's (and maybe a male - no homo) opinions in the stores, and follow suit from said day.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.
 03-25-2013, 02:27 PM         #37
Bezerk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KeithHernandez said:
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.
Did you not read the initial post? Ridiculous posts get ridiculous responses. Most of the responses in here are stupid as fu*k.

Honestly, letting a female help him would be for the best though. My answer was extreme though
 5 years ago '10        #38
space
space
 KeithHernandez said:
You'll never feel confident following style guides designed for people trying to keep up with Joneses. GQ thinks we're all Ryan Gosling.

You're 29 (as am I), meaning you should be smart enough to know that the grown-man look is bullsh*t. I've said it here before, I think, but my pops is 47, owns houses in NY and another in Florida, two cars, and raised a couple of well-adjusted sons. And he rocks Under Armour tees and Nike trackpants as a retiree who works part-time for fun. When he was my age, he rocked a gold tooth and a camo jacket with Jordans before OG was even a phrase. Let's evaluate what a grown man really is before we talk about an acceptable look.

I know people with homes on both coasts, do impulsive month-long vacations in foreign countries because they can, and rock New Balances, windbreakers, Dri-fit t-shirts and Oakley shades while driving Porsches and M6s.

Dress for occasions and dress with what makes you feel right. If that means a Diamond Supply graphic shirt, then do you. If it's RRL denim with an Arcteryx jacket and IWC watches, then play that lane. If you're not down to pull off a Lacoste knit with a plaid polo and some dark jeans and retros, then you need to evaluate that internally. Don't ignore your instincts. Didn't you watch Hitch?
Horrible advice.

This whole "do you" thing has context.

Don't wear some street clothes if you're going to a formal event. You're going to embarrass whoever invited you, along with yourself.

Formal can be anything from a plain polo, all the way to a tux. Start from there and then "do you".
 5 years ago '06        #39
illstate11 
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 86 86
dont matter how you dress if you aint in shape first of all. start with ya body no homo.
 5 years ago '04        #40
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 KeithHernandez said:

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
21 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
59 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
25 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
47 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy