Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #41
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
 Walmart said:
True, a lot of players do a 5th year at prep school.

It's crazy how private schools are being run as athlete factories.

Oak Hill (where hundreds of NBA prospects attended at one point or another, included Kevin Durant, Mike Beasley, Nolan Smith, Brandon Jennings, etc) supposedly has a total of 100 students including the basketball team.

I think Mount Zion (Tracy McGrady's old high school) was being investigated for letting the students practice ball all day and not do any real work.
Actually, everyone at Oak Hill is a basketball player (JV, Vars, Freshman, Soph for boys & girls) & virtually all were recruited. I visited my junior year in HS, it's pretty much basic SAT & ACT prep for a few hours with intense tutoring, then practice & weights for the rest of the day. I don't even think anyone pays to go there, you're just expected to give a certain amount back if you go pro. But if you're there, there's a 75-80% chance you're going pro somewhere.

It's not a bad situation for someone whose only opportunity is ball. Schools like that are in the minority though, most of them are like CTK & Rice, where the players really only report to the program but are still responsible for maintaining grades.

The main reason why most of the high school phenoms never make it is because of their "agents", over zealous coaches & money hungry family are the first ones to take you out. You get caught up cutting corners trying to get ahead or because they have bad personalities. Talent ain't sh*t if people don't like you - greatest thing I ever learned from ball.
 5 years ago '07        #42
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 ReggieA said:
Wizards don't need 2 SGs, he need to go somewhere like Orlando, Charlotte, Detroit (if they trade Stuckey), or Sacramento (if Reke does not come back)
you already know reke not coming back. kings already threw in the towel as far as that n*gga. he's like a non talented oscar robertson.
 5 years ago '05        #43
AirForce318 
space
space
$12,402 | Props total: 677 677
how will being 20 hurt him? I'd see if he was 30 lmao

kid's overrated anyway...
 5 years ago '04        #44
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5478 5478
now...how exactly does one year from 19 to 20 hurt an nba draft stock if you can ball?
 03-24-2013, 01:52 AM         #45
RikkyBeezy24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He ight, lets see how he play threw this
 5 years ago '06        #46
Rated_R_CEO 
space
space
$1,476 | Props total: 5 5
He's just not that good which is whats going to hurt his stock.... He was unable to dominate in the Pac 12 and wasn't the best freshman on his own team....
 5 years ago '11        #47
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
still a lottery pick
 5 years ago '05        #48
GameBreaker 
space
space
$1,211 | Props total: 0 0
Michael Jordan was 21 when he came out, BUST
 5 years ago '06        #49
Rated_R_CEO 
space
space
$1,476 | Props total: 5 5
 GameBreaker said:

He's not Michael Jordan.....
 5 years ago '09        #50
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,519 | Props total: 5708 5708
 GameBreaker said:
Jordan was a junior when he came out and he had a polished skill set and was ready from the get go. Shabazz is a 20 year old freshman with a unpolished game and scouted off of potential. Bad comparison stupid.
 5 years ago '08        #51
100dollarman 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,508 | Props total: 360 360
No he is 40
 03-24-2013, 01:59 PM         #52
codeine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kyle anderson and tony parker are my n*ggas, we live in the same dorm building

#bruins

Last edited by codeine; 03-24-2013 at 02:04 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #53
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,519 | Props total: 5708 5708
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Seems like people are always riding these kids nuts when they're in high school and claiming they'll be stars, then when they get to college, they're all of a sudden not that good
It's easy to dominate kids smaller than you but I really start judging when they hit college because guys are the same size, as fast as you, equally stronger. Shabazz got exposed since he was playing against guys that are equally talented.

Last edited by Lupe Hunter; 03-24-2013 at 06:56 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #54
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,659 | Props total: 2776 2776
 Lupe Hunter said:
It's easy to dominate kids smaller than you but I start really judge their when they hit college because guy are the same size, as fast as you, equally stronger. Shabazz got exposed since he was playing against guys that are equally talented.
That is one thing I have been paying attention to when these video mixes come out, the competition they play, and it's God awful. It was like that with OJ Mayo when he was in Cincy. The school he played for was in a white suburban school league and they ran everybody out the gym by 30+ twice a week, but when they played Oak Hills, they got ran by 20+, despite OJ dropping 40+ and Bill Walker having 30+
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
130 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy