The More Popular Franchise: TMNT vs Power Rangers?

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Better Franchise
TMNT 227 70.28%
Rangers 96 29.72%
Hi Galaxy 0 0%
Voters: 323. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #101
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
Turtles will always be the more popular franchise of the two and that not taking away nothing from the Rangers cuz they stupid popular too,but they'll never be as over as the rangers...

40 year olds to 3 years old can name you the 4 the turtles,villians and everything...can really say the same for the rangers cuz it differs.. n*ggas that fu*ked with MMPR didnt really fu*k with any of the other ranger series like Samurai or that Outer Space one,and vice versa for those other ranger shows... the turtles will always be the same characters and always be more popular its just a fact...

ya'll aint never see no fu*kin power rangers CONCERT,that alone attest for the popularity of the Turtles...
 4 years ago '05        #102
Jiggaflex 
space
space
$483 | Props total: 6 6
ninja turtles. fo reel
 4 years ago '05        #103
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
Turtles in Time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It's part of the holy trinity of 90s arcade beat em ups along with the X-Men arcade game and the Simpson's arcade game (okay, it's basically the same game with different skins, but IDGAF).
 4 years ago '11        #104
Chiddy 81 heat pts81 OP
space
space
$6,768 | Props total: 4511 4511
turtles in time greatest beat em up in the arcades
 4 years ago '09        #105
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,195 | Props total: 3073 3073
Turtle power you bi*ch a.ss n*ggas.
 11-23-2013, 01:22 AM         #106
The Dark Kn1ght 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TMNT off the longevity alone

as soon as they replaced the original red/black/yellow rangers it got wack

MMPR though was fire
 4 years ago '04        #107
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
space
$4,854 | Props total: 934 934

[pic - click to view]

Thread
 4 years ago '04        #108
dat_boi_tj 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,406 | Props total: 681 681
TMNT is timeless...
 4 years ago '07        #109
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
To be honest I'm nearly 27 and I can remember a time when both were hype. I had a duffel bag full of ninja turtles toys, the VHS collection, even the went to the Coming out of Their Shell Concert and bought Rap Album What y'all n*ggaz know about Walk Straight? Cowabunga? Pizza Power? I still know the words to that sh*t

[video - click to view]

Had the Nintendo game... Everything.

That being said... One of the biggest memories I had was the White Ranger reveal...

It's a wash to me. But I guess I'd tilt it slightly in the favor of Ninja Turtles because I quit fooling with Power Rangers around the time they went to the Shogun stuff. Fox Kids was running the game though... Power Rangers, Big Bad Beetleborgs, The Tick, X-Men, Batman

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 11-23-2013 at 02:04 AM..
 4 years ago '04        #110
Khazano 
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 110 110
I can see how anyone born after 1992 would say power rangers... But for real, in terms of pop culture impact, the rangers arent even in the same league as the ninja turtles.
 4 years ago '04        #111
Methadon 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,039 | Props total: 18 18
 Optimus Crime said:
To be honest I'm nearly 27 and I can remember a time when both were hype. I had a duffel bag full of ninja turtles toys, the VHS collection, even the went to the Coming out of Their Shell Concert and bought Rap Album What y'all n*ggaz know about Walk Straight? Cowabunga? Pizza Power? I still know the words to that sh*t
Hahaha, I played the fu*k outta that tape when I was a kid!

TMNT was on every freakin' thing you could think of. Considering how things are today, I doubt we'll ever see people dressed in something as uncomfortable as a turtle costume going on tour around the country and sh*t.... it's really quite amazing what they accomplished with the franchise.
 4 years ago '11        #112
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
no question TMNT..i rarely see any adults obsessed with Power Rangers except cosplay nerds and people who attend comicon..

TMNT on the other hand is still highly regarded amongst your avg everyday adults..even without any kids.
 4 years ago '04        #113
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,772 | Props total: 251 251
TMNT easily, had the toys from the 90s show, was a fan of og comic and 03 series, i still cop the comic book. Dark Leo= or >Green Ranger.

Jason David Frank was like the only actual martial artists on the show.
 4 years ago '04        #114
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,632 | Props total: 3163 3163
Well you forget the promo for the turtles movies was on a much larger scale than any power ranger movie the most promo they did was going to mcdonalds I don't even think you can find a promo for either power ranger movie other than turbo and what a fu*k first of a movie that was , the turtles where brought to life by Jim Henson so that tells you what type of budget they were working with

Also they did film f!ghts scenes in the first power ranger movie that was all done in the us
 4 years ago '04        #115
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,363 | Props total: 225 225
 jpebenito said:
This is easy...

People who say TMNT = OG
People who say MMPR = Late 90's kid

Seperate the young'ns please.
This is almost 100% right ..look'n at a good 85%

Born in 84

Grew up watch'n the Turtles and MMPR

Hard body fan of both and i saw the all the hype of both and watched it play out

As for merchandise - Turtles - when kids show up to sleep overs with DUFFLE BAGS of turtle toys...it's not even a joke

As for Show Hype - MMPR - just on the strength they did alot with the seasons and character development, but it's live action so they had to . the 80's turtle cartooon was the truth but it was just like every other cartoon when it came to development only moved forward a couple times.

As For Effect on childhood - Turtles - I remember the exact spot i was when i first saw the movies.. welli do for mmpr but that TMNT movie was so fu*k'n RAW, just how the comic was written . i was a turtle bout 4 times for Halloween, Raph of course. the old heads at the boys and girls club use to call me raph because i used to flip off sh*t and i had a attitude. NO matter what we always defaulted back to TMNT

for the sake of the argument the more popular franchise

is the TMNT
even with the hiatus when MMPR was the unchallenged KINGS the run they had in the late 80's early 90's .. and the recent reboot. the have caked so much it's crazy

BUT!!!

MMPR IS NOT TO BE FORGOTTEN

they have a massive following of new and OLD fans. like i check out the new show from time to time just to check it out. personalty waitin' for that legendary battle episode to drop. might be one of the most popular kids shows in the world since it's been going on 36+ years in jap town ..NOBODY IS fu*k'N WITH THAT. i mean not even the simpsons in time in the game. It's crazy how it's like night and day. and senti is geared to older folk .

So US ... TMNT
but WorldWide .. Rangers
 11-23-2013, 08:02 AM         #116
cashprice 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like TMNT better my dude Ralph was whopping a.ss in those streets he didn't give a fu*k

4 years ago '06        #117
bookerx3 8 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 6 6
 Shizz said:
This is almost 100% right ..look'n at a good 85%

Born in 84

Grew up watch'n the Turtles and MMPR

Hard body fan of both and i saw the all the hype of both and watched it play out

As for merchandise - Turtles - when kids show up to sleep overs with DUFFLE BAGS of turtle toys...it's not even a joke

As for Show Hype - MMPR - just on the strength they did alot with the seasons and character development, but it's live action so they had to . the 80's turtle cartooon was the truth but it was just like every other cartoon when it came to development only moved forward a couple times.

As For Effect on childhood - Turtles - I remember the exact spot i was when i first saw the movies.. welli do for mmpr but that TMNT movie was so fu*k'n RAW, just how the comic was written . i was a turtle bout 4 times for Halloween, Raph of course. the old heads at the boys and girls club use to call me raph because i used to flip off sh*t and i had a attitude. NO matter what we always defaulted back to TMNT

for the sake of the argument the more popular franchise

is the TMNT
even with the hiatus when MMPR was the unchallenged KINGS the run they had in the late 80's early 90's .. and the recent reboot. the have caked so much it's crazy

BUT!!!

MMPR IS NOT TO BE FORGOTTEN

they have a massive following of new and OLD fans. like i check out the new show from time to time just to check it out. personalty waitin' for that legendary battle episode to drop. might be one of the most popular kids shows in the world since it's been going on 36+ years in jap town ..NOBODY IS fu*k'N WITH THAT. i mean not even the simpsons in time in the game. It's crazy how it's like night and day. and senti is geared to older folk .

So US ... TMNT
but WorldWide .. Rangers
Not much else to say, good breakdown.

:
 4 years ago '11        #118
terrio1852 
space
space
$1,315 | Props total: 78 78
 TheMindOf said:
Power Rangers always was my sh*t growing up.. Im just of that time..

They started airing the original joint on Fox Kids in '93 when I was 5..

Everybody my age was hype about that sh*t.. Wasn't nobody really checking for TMNT..

sh*t was before my time, when it was REALLY popular. To my generation it was really just one of those cartoons that sometimes came on before or after the real show you wanted to watch so you caught it sometimes.

[pic - click to view]

Im 24 and still remember how hype n*ggas was when the Green Ranger came out. Or when he turned into the White Ranger.

TMNT never had n*ggas like
true I'm 22 and I still remember when fox showin power rangers but Tommy was that n*gga he was white, green , and red nobody was g like Tommy .
 4 years ago '05        #119
DatKidDex 
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 386 386
The 90's TMNT Movies >>>>>> Power Rangers Movies.... The jawn with Ivan Ooze was my sh*t tho.. show wise I watched PR up until Zeo... and i watched the TMNT show cuz my other fav cartoon came on after or b4 it cant remember but Double Dragon was my sh*t
 11-23-2013, 09:27 AM         #120
TonyAtlas 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is this a serious question the power rangers were like the spice girls.Popular yeah but the show was trash.uncle phil as shredder trumps power rangers whole existence.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy