The More Popular Franchise: TMNT vs Power Rangers?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
68 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
17 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
75 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Better Franchise
TMNT 227 70.28%
Rangers 96 29.72%
Hi Galaxy 0 0%
Voters: 323. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '04        #81
Romello 16 heat pts16
space
space
$1,505 | Props total: 198 198

[pic - click to view]

4 years ago '06        #82
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,238 | Props total: 5042 5042
VR Troopers
 4 years ago '10        #83
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103
 iPunish901 said:
if you didnt grow up during the turtles era, you wouldnt understand how big it was.

[pic - click to view]

this was my bedroom but bunk beds plus the curtains were the same, then add the hundreds of broken ninja turtle toys scattered around my room

Memories
 4 years ago '06        #84
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,238 | Props total: 5042 5042
ninja turtles did so much for pizza hut

what product did power rangers help make millions
 4 years ago '10        #85
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103
 Nyuzi said:
Turtles for longevity but let's be honest

Green Ranger shut sh*t down!!!!!

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

n*gga had a Dragon Dagger and his own motherfu*kin zord! Godzilla out the motherfu*kin ocean
Anyone of the Turtles would of whooped his a.ss with a slice of pizza in one hand I cant believe how many people picked the Rangers not only TMNT better then them but I will take the Ghostbusters over them too.
 4 years ago '12        #86
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,768 | Props total: 22155 22155
This thread
 4 years ago '04        #87
Gmitch528 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 175 175
Tmnt by far....
 4 years ago '11        #88
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
That almighty flute & the green ranger>>>>>>>>>>>

my childhood
 4 years ago '04        #89
dblock187s 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,827 | Props total: 2287 2287

[video - click to view]

skip to 4 min
 4 years ago '04        #90
Methadon 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,039 | Props total: 18 18
 Stupid Fresh said:
ninja turtles did so much for pizza hut

what product did power rangers help make millions
Morphene

dblock187s said:

skip to 4 min
Damn, that wasn't half bad. Too bad the show was nowhere near that level of quality. Still don't know why nobody ever attacks the rangers when they did airmoves to "summon" weapons.

Last edited by Methadon; 11-22-2013 at 10:29 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #91
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,101 | Props total: 4235 4235
As a kid I hated power rangers, the repetitiveness was clear, even to my child eyes .... When my cousins wanted to play power rangers, I chose to be the villain every time ... Even tho I was signing myself up to technically get jumped, just imagining k!lling the power rangers was fulfilling

Turtles win... Story, memorable vilians, first two movies, video games>>>>>
 4 years ago '04        #92
peedib89 
space
space
space
$370 | Props total: 0 0
Turtles take this one, sh*t the Power Rangers had turtles in a guest shot
 4 years ago '04        #93
dblock187s 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,827 | Props total: 2287 2287
i liked both tho i grew outta them both quickly but ima have to give turtles the edge..... but the turtles game on nintendo was greatness
 11-22-2013, 11:01 PM         #94
MastaKilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
even rappers have ninja turtle references. I dont think i ever heard a power ranger reference
 ClearFruit said:
I can't name a single n*gga in the hood that fu*ked wit the fu*kin turtles cuz
Everybody in 1st grade an sh*t was a power rangers fan
I remember the only halloween i participated in, which was in like kindergarten, n*ggas was either scream or a power ranger
wasnt a SINGLE fu*kIN n*gga A TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLE
TMNT was non-existent in the late 90s yo, power rangers RAN sh*t until Pokemon took over

I was a blue ranger wit a white ranger mask for halloween n*ggas couldnt tell me sh*t
 4 years ago '04        #95
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286

Sheek213 said:
Well this would not have been possible without power rangers, so Im pretty sure they are going to be my choice.

[video - click to view]

the music, the moves. . .
 4 years ago '12        #96
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
 Chiddy said:
So, me and this n*gga galaxy () is debatin bout which is the better franchise, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Power Rangers? (he only mentions Mighty Morphin btw) so lemme ask yall n*ggas what you think, when you were a kid or even now, who'd you fu-k wit more? it's clear that tmnt is the popular franchise.

Compare the shows first. The 1987 cartoon of TMNT compared to Mighty Morphin. TMNT lasted from 87-96 while MM lasted till 93-95. Let's be honest WHO THE fu-k remembers rangers after the OG seasons? the show went downhill after Mighty Morphin IMO. It was hot when they get got all new n*ggas and was in space? or samurais? or ninjas? nobody even remembers the rangers past MM, name me a season 5 n*gga. Lets not forget PR was based on another show in japan, them n*ggas never shot one f!ght scene

[pic - click to view]

While PR was scramblin for more show ideas and monsters to enlarge in every episode, tmnt stopped and we didn't get another show till 2003...wasn't the biggest fan of the 03 series but it was definitely better than the forgettable PR seasons during the run of the 03 series

Now the movies...

TMNT movie racked in 25 mil and entered number 1 over the weekend, and it's the 9th highest grossin fillm of 1990 worldwide. Rangers opened up wit 13 mil and was in 4th place for the weekend. Nice try Rangers. I guess old a.ss Zordon, the f-ggot robot, Ivan Ooze, the random skydiving, the Zord kickin Ooze in the balls wasn't enough

So wit all this sht, who was better?

Turtles?

or the Rangers?

lets not forget........

[pic - click to view]

Keep in mind that PR had a longer run. Yea it got whack, but u cant forget power rangers lost galaxy, lightspeed rescue, in space, PW zeo, and the second season of MMPR.... I didnt watch all the extra sh*t like ninja storm, jungle fury, spd, dino thunder....those was when they were just throwin them out with no cause. But PR also had a solid movie that go sponsored by DZ (discovery zone) and toys at mcdonalds...

PR suck now but u cant deny the first years. The same can be said with jordan if u wanna compare.

But TMNT was the first hero sh*t i got into and always like them. If ur talkin bout originals, thats the only thing they had ridin for them. They never brought much new to the story. All they have remakes. What happened to the next mutation? Where'd the girl turtle go?? U kno people only like the nostalgia of the first movie. It was unseen and came before PR so of course all us lil boys went to go see it. I remember buyin the vhs and seein the pizza hut commercial bout baseball lol that and the FHB or whatever letters they spell before the movie comes on.

But to me, TMNT holds more memories cuz it came out in 1987, my birth year. But PR had more to do with kids lives. Who didnt wanna be tommy when he was the evil green ranger?
 11-22-2013, 11:18 PM         #97
Rhyme n Tekniq 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no contest TMNT was monolithic

Power Rangers was great but what TMNT did was the equivalent of MJ's Thriller, sh*t was everywhere,
A marketing renaissance that elipsed that of it's contemporaries of the time ( G.I Joe, Transformers, Voltron etc.) and set the bar for future imitators.

I was in the thick off all that when it was going on and trust me, my a.ssessment of TMNT is an understatement, When the Live action movie hit. Its was a fu*kin wrap, game over sh*t was just as big as the First batman movie with Michael Keaton

Last edited by Rhyme n Tekniq; 11-22-2013 at 11:20 PM..
 4 years ago '11        #98
Chiddy 81 heat pts81 OP
space
space
$6,768 | Props total: 4511 4511
 ThePainkiller said:
This thread
 4 years ago '05        #99
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,308 | Props total: 6442 6442
Tmnt easily
 4 years ago '12        #100
Excel 31 heat pts31
space
space
$4,972 | Props total: 2902 2902
turtles in a half shell
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy