Official Game of Thrones Season 3: Steel and Snow - BOOKWALKERS THREAD

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
143 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #141
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,403 | Props total: 2524 2524
 Propel Water said:
How old is darkstar? Could he be ashara and brandon/neds kid? Whichever one fu*ked her...

Also winds of winter was orignally titled "a time for wolves"

Guess sansa bran rickon and arya will do workkkkk
lol well you know Sansa is gonna do work... under the tutelge of Littlefinger da gawd

Seems like GRRM is making a big deal out of warging... I think that's going to be pretty substantial in the future.

I'm also thinking that Gendry is still alive and rolling around in Westeros for a reason. I wonder how the show is going to handle it whenever they Edric and Gendry's respective "big" moments in the story

I can't wait until Tormund starts talking all of his sh*t in the show
 5 years ago '10        #142
raptor 
space
space
$226 | Props total: 0 0
 Propel Water said:
How old is darkstar? Could he be ashara and brandon/neds kid? Whichever one fu*ked her...

Also winds of winter was orignally titled "a time for wolves"

Guess sansa bran rickon and arya will do workkkkk
darkstar wants to be the new sword of the morning, hes going to starfall to get dawn i think. dude a badass but hes no arthur dayne.

rickon gonna come back from skaagos at the head of a cannibal army and goto work on freys boltons etc.
 5 years ago '04        #143
Marccoogs19 180 heat pts180
space
space
$10,629 | Props total: 6140 6140
Theon getting castrated, was pretty much confirmed on tonights episode. Sucks for him. He got the worse treatment out of anybody in the books.

And Talisa (Jeyne) telling Robb she was pregnant. I remember Catelyn remarking about how she had childbearing hips. I guess that was GRRM's way of telling the audience she was actually pregnant, since Robb never had a POV chapter where it could be confirmed. Plus what is in that letter to her mom. Could it be something to do with the red wedding. I always thought she had something to do with it. Maybe that may be what's going on in the show.

This could be HUGE, because Robb could have an heir, plus in Jamie's chapter he described Jeyne as having small hips, and being the only girl present, which would mean that the Jeyne he saw, might be her younger sister posing as her, in which she could be with Blackfish, when escaped Riverunn.

Also nice to see Queenscrown in Jon's story. I hope we get a Summer appearance next week.
 5 years ago '07        #144
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
lol that's crazy man... Theon DID get castrated...

And I love the playing of Rains of Castamere after Jamie won the exchange lol...
 5 years ago '04        #145
space
space
Yeah many non book fans do not understand the significance of that song. I wish at one point in a small scene with Tywin, where he can give a first hand account of the events in Rains of Castamere. Its one of the most badass stories in Ice and Fire, and I wish people could hear it before the Red Wedding episode. So when the band starts playing, the non book fans can have the same reaction we had.
 5 years ago '11        #146
Kyeezy 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,498 | Props total: 516 516
 Propel Water said:
but we'll see.... i have the feeling euron is going to attack oldtown from behind, him and the ironborn will carry their long boats across land to the honeywine and sail down through the citadel... theres a passage in Feast about the honeywine being home to an old pirate king...

oh what does everyone think about bloodraven? or qualithe being sheira seastar...wouldnt suprise me since bloodraven is a player and bittersteels golden skull just arrived in westeros...

how many eyes does lord bloodraven have?
man, i plan on reading the books over...but fuuuuuuu. you just made me realize i have to read the stories about theon's sister, dad, uncle, and their ppl over. i remember it being boring as fu*k to me because i didn't care for them.
 5 years ago '08        #147
Illuminati 191 heat pts191
space
space
$38,731 | Props total: 8956 8956
I can't remember sh*t from book 3.
 5 years ago '05        #148
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 589 589
 Kyeezy said:
man, i plan on reading the books over...but fuuuuuuu. you just made me realize i have to read the stories about theon's sister, dad, uncle, and their ppl over. i remember it being boring as fu*k to me because i didn't care for them.
On second read, I found both the Ironborn and Martel storylines more enjoyable than the first read.

The hardest parts for me is Brienne's and Pods adventure and Quentyn and his crew until the end of DWD
 5 years ago '07        #149
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 Adamsville said:
On second read, I found both the Ironborn and Martel storylines more enjoyable than the first read.

The hardest parts for me is Brienne's and Pods adventure and Quentyn and his crew until the end of DWD
I think it's because the first time you read Feast, you were so emotionally invested in the aftermath of Storm... And Feast didn't address that at all So it's almost like as a book, it's extending the cliffhanger because you wanted to know what was going on with all of stories in Dance... But GRRM pretty much ignored it lol... On second read, you're a bit more freed up mentally because suspense isn't forcing you to think that everything in the book is irrelevant
 5 years ago '04        #150
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,919 | Props total: 4275 4275
So I just kind of semi-spoiled Season 3 by going wiki crazy just now and my life hurts.

Luckily I can still watch and be surprised, as its one thing for me to read something vs seeing it displayed visually.

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 05-13-2013 at 10:18 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #151
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
So I just kind of semi-spoiled Season 3 by going wiki crazy just now and my life hurts.

Luckily I can still watch and be surprised, as its one thing for me to read something vs seeing it displayed visually.
Yeah before I was done with the second book I wiki'd a couple analysis on certain characters, to see what I missed in the earlier books. fu*ked around and spoiled myself on the RW. I couldn't believe it was real, until I actually read the chapter. It still was a very hard to get through without getting emotional.
 5 years ago '05        #152
space
space
I tried my best not to wiki too hard. The only major events I got spoiled were Varys murder spree in the last chapter, Lysa and the Moondoor and Jons "death".

Not too bad.
 05-14-2013, 09:06 AM         #153
One Shot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tormund is hopefully going apesh*t on some 'turncrows' after they pulled their Caesar.
 5 years ago '07        #154
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 Marccoogs19 said:
Yeah before I was done with the second book I wiki'd a couple analysis on certain characters, to see what I missed in the earlier books. fu*ked around and spoiled myself on the RW. I couldn't believe it was real, until I actually read the chapter. It still was a very hard to get through without getting emotional.
in the other thread you said that you felt like they were dragging the Theon thing on too long... But do you really? I mean in this show it would be really hard to understand why Theon would pop up and be a completely different person unless it was clearly shown that he was put through the ringer. We get it because we read the books... But do you think the audience would understand if they just showed a bit of torture and then all of a sudden he's Ramsay's right hand man? I think the show is taking the time to show Theon breaking as a smooth segue to Reek. It was easy in the books because we're in Theon's head, but I think this is necessary in the show. I try to keep the books out of the other thread, but I think they'll really understand the point once Theon is Reek

Adamsville said:
I tried my best not to wiki too hard. The only major events I got spoiled were Varys murder spree in the last chapter, Lysa and the Moondoor and Jons "death".

Not too bad.
I stayed away from the wikis. Didn't even think to go to them until after I read Feast, and Dance wasn't even out yet when I hit them up. The only thing I got spoiled was Jamie losing his hand because my friend just randomly hit me up and was like "Hey what did you think about Jaime losing his hand" Right when I was starting Book 3. He wasn't even a book reader, just always wikis stuff... I think that's why I'm so hostile to the wikis lol

The Lysa Moondoor was quite the moment for me. Just "only Cat" and boom. I knew he was up to something... But they never show him getting his hands dirty, so it was quite the moment for me
 5 years ago '05        #155
space
space
Yo IIRC Jaime only gets back to Kings Landing after Joffrey is dead. WTF is he gonna be doing until the PW?
 5 years ago '07        #156
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 Adamsville said:
Yo IIRC Jaime only gets back to Kings Landing after Joffrey is dead. WTF is he gonna be doing until the PW?
I think Jaime's story is going to scaled back next season. They'll probably cut to Brienne and Jaime's bantering, but he really does nothing until the purple wedding...

I think the PW will be pretty early in the season anyway... So they'll probably get really short scene cuts and then his story will pick up after the PW. I mean they have a lot of story to flesh out so we probably won't even miss them at first
 5 years ago '04        #157
space
space
 Optimus Crime said:
in the other thread you said that you felt like they were dragging the Theon thing on too long... But do you really? I mean in this show it would be really hard to understand why Theon would pop up and be a completely different person unless it was clearly shown that he was put through the ringer. We get it because we read the books... But do you think the audience would understand if they just showed a bit of torture and then all of a sudden he's Ramsay's right hand man? I think the show is taking the time to show Theon breaking as a smooth segue to Reek. It was easy in the books because we're in Theon's head, but I think this is necessary in the show. I try to keep the books out of the other thread, but I think they'll really understand the point once Theon is Reek

I stayed away from the wikis. Didn't even think to go to them until after I read Feast, and Dance wasn't even out yet when I hit them up. The only thing I got spoiled was Jamie losing his hand because my friend just randomly hit me up and was like "Hey what did you think about Jaime losing his hand" Right when I was starting Book 3. He wasn't even a book reader, just always wikis stuff... I think that's why I'm so hostile to the wikis lol

The Lysa Moondoor was quite the moment for me. Just "only Cat" and boom. I knew he was up to something... But they never show him getting his hands dirty, so it was quite the moment for me
I understand that its hard to fully express the torture theon is going through, without getting into his head. But I think scenes like sunday's could a been cut shorter, so that other storylines that actually have movement can get some time. My friends who aren't book readers keep asking me why we gotta have a theon torture scene every week, because they already feel sorry for dude, and understands his remorse, so why keep showing it. I don't want to spoil anything for them, so its hard not to tell them that they are doing it so that they can set up Ramsay as the top villain after Joffrey. Many non book readers are expecting something huge to happen to Theon this season, which we know he will still be there getting tortured until DWD. So why not draw out the torture scenes over the next few seasons randomly. They will obviously reveal that he is Ramsay this season, so what the hell would they able to show next year, after Ramsay is revealed. More the on torture scenes? Plus I fear that most nonbookreaders haven't really got enough exposure to the Bolton's importance and sadistic history. So when he's revealed to be Ramsay, most people will be clueless of who he is, and why should they give a fu*k.

Oh and the Lyssa moon door scene was so epic in the books. I can't wait to see it in action.

Last edited by Marccoogs19; 05-14-2013 at 08:50 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #158
space
space
Theons only role is to get tortured, and become Ramsay's bi*ch, until f.Arya comes along and marries Ramsay. Theon's action wont pick back up until Dance. I can see him having only a few scenes next season, if not 0. Then they can reintroduce him in season 5 as Reek.

Last edited by Adamsville; 05-14-2013 at 09:26 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #159
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 Marccoogs19 said:
I understand that its hard to fully express the torture theon is going through, without getting into his head. But I think scenes like sunday's could a been cut shorter, so that other storylines that actually have movement can get some time. My friends who aren't book readers keep asking me why we gotta have a theon torture scene every week, because they already feel sorry for dude, and understands his remorse, so why keep showing it. I don't want to spoil anything for them, so its hard not to tell them that they are doing it so that they can set up Ramsay as the top villain after Joffrey. Many non book readers are expecting something huge to happen to Theon this season, which we know he will still be there getting tortured until DWD. So why not draw out the torture scenes over the next few seasons randomly. They will obviously reveal that he is Ramsay this season, so what the hell would they able to show next year, after Ramsay is revealed. More the on torture scenes? Plus I fear that most nonbookreaders haven't really got enough exposure to the Bolton's importance and sadistic history. So when he's revealed to be Ramsay, most people will be clueless of who he is, and why should they give a fu*k.

Oh and the Lyssa moon door scene was so epic in the books. I can't wait to see it in action.
I already know this is going to be a long typeout here... But bear with me...

You make valid points... And I actually agree with them. I'm not even saying what the writers are doing in this instance is right... It's a gamble on the part of the writers, but I feel like they need to take it. My moms asked me why too. She said she felt bad for Theon, and she HATED Theon. She MADE me tell her that he didn't k!ll Bran and Rickon. They're getting the folks to appreciate the grayness of Theon's character AND turning them against Ramsay. It's almost like they HAVE to take it too far, because for so long people were saying that Theon deserves what he got. If they push it too far and make the people feel bad then they'll grasp just how psychotic Ramsay is At least I think that's what they're thinking lol

And I envision that it might happen like this... Roose will pull the "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" paired with the brutal k!ll. Then Ramsay will reveal himself in a scene close to that... Then they'll fill in a bit of exposition between the two. And then the show watchers will take the combination of the two scenes together will fill in the gaps. That Ramsay was sent by Roose (with the implication that he condones what he did), that both Ramsay and Roose are brutal, remorseless k!llers, they're sh*tty people, and also will cause us to instantly appreciate Roose's strategic mind.

As far as what they're going to do next season... I dunno but I have a theory. Theon wasn't in Storm at all. They referenced him like once when they gave Cat the skin from his finger. I think they're going to use the scenes A.) to establish the Bolton history via exposition and B.) Show Ramsay converting Theon into Reek.
 5 years ago '04        #160
RuFfRyDa_336 
space
space
$887 | Props total: 38 38
have not read the books, but I wanna know something...

I was watching this interview maybe from 1-2 years ago with the shows writers or directors and they mentioned if they could get up to "RW" (they didnt wanna spoil it so they just said initials of the scene) they feel like they have done their job. Curiosity got the better of me so I googled RW and

Will it happen this season???
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
2 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy