Official Game of Thrones Season 3: Steel and Snow - BOOKWALKERS THREAD

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
57 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
70 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
250 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #121
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 1810 1810
I just ordered the first 4 books for 19.88 (before taxes)

Done with this MCAT so a goon got more time on his hands

I was just reading spoilers online through the wiki page, but I figured, I got this $30 gift card, might as well just order the books and read it. Basketball gonna be over soon
 5 years ago '11        #122
Kyeezy 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,498 | Props total: 516 516
 Jiraiya said:
I just ordered the first 4 books for 19.88 (before taxes)

Done with this MCAT so a goon got more time on his hands

I was just reading spoilers online through the wiki page, but I figured, I got this $30 gift card, might as well just order the books and read it. Basketball gonna be over soon
you gonna love the books! in fact i need to go re-read book 3, 4, & 5. cuz i actually don't remember certain things like if jon actually died or not.
 5 years ago '07        #123
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
 Kyeezy said:
you gonna love the books! in fact i need to go re-read book 3, 4, & 5. cuz i actually don't remember certain things like if jon actually died or not.
I hope so. I didn't get Dance with Dragons in this package deal so I gotta cop that after I'm done reading these
 5 years ago '11        #124
Aceklub1911 
space
space
$297 | Props total: 108 108
 raymond05 said:
Anyway haven't seen anyone mention in it, is everyone in agreement with the theroy that Jon is actually a Targaryen? seems pretty legit to me meaning the 3 headed dragon would be Dany, Jon and Aegon, i reckon Jon will be brought back by the red women similar to Dondorian

I have seen this theory mentioned several imes, but how does it fit? GRRM has already said that Jon's mother was named Willa - twice i fact. Once Ned told it to Robert on the King's Road (Book 1) and then Jon's milk brother told it to Arya when they were riding with the Brotherhood (Book 3). His mother couldn't have beena Targ if she's sharing t*tties with other children lol.

I know we all want greatness for Jon Snow, but I honestly don't think he's a Targ. He is a bastard who will rise high because whoever ends up ruling in Westeros will probably absolve him of his bastard status. But a Targ? I think that is a HUGE reach IMO.
 05-09-2013, 12:51 PM         #125
One Shot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Aceklub1911 said:
I have seen this theory mentioned several imes, but how does it fit? GRRM has already said that Jon's mother was named Willa - twice i fact. Once Ned told it to Robert on the King's Road (Book 1) and then Jon's milk brother told it to Arya when they were riding with the Brotherhood (Book 3). His mother couldn't have beena Targ if she's sharing t*tties with other children lol.

I know we all want greatness for Jon Snow, but I honestly don't think he's a Targ. He is a bastard who will rise high because whoever ends up ruling in Westeros will probably absolve him of his bastard status. But a Targ? I think that is a HUGE reach IMO.
In the theory, they created a cover story for him since Robert was destroying the Targ family line. So Willa is the cover story. Ned telling that to Robert on the kingsroad doesn't harm the theory at all, he would have to keep the secret from him.

and in the theory, his mother isn't a Targ, his father is.
 5 years ago '04        #126
Marccoogs19 180 heat pts180
space
space
$10,630 | Props total: 6141 6141
The only person alive that knows who Jon's mother is, is Lord Howland Reed, for he was with Ned when Jon was conceived. So we won't know what happened, until he shows up in the story eventually. It has to be that reason, that he hasn't shown up in the first five books. GRRM has obviously been saving him for later, so he can reveal what REALY happened during the war, and the Tower of Joy.
 05-09-2013, 01:26 PM         #127
One Shot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Marccoogs19 said:
The only person alive that knows who Jon's mother is, is Lord Howland Reed, for he was with Ned when Jon was conceived. So we won't know what happened, until he shows up in the story eventually. It has to be that reason, that he hasn't shown up in the first five books. GRRM has obviously been saving him for later, so he can reveal what REALY happened during the war, and the Tower of Joy.
Not entirely true, he was in the Tower of Joy with Ned, when Lyanna died, and presumably would know what happened there, if there was a child there, what the promise was.

He wasn't there when Jon was conceived.
 5 years ago '05        #128
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 589 589
Howland couldve told Jojen, and we can learn what happened that way.

Or we could have Bran go back in time and reveal what went on at the ToJ.
 5 years ago '07        #129
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,405 | Props total: 2525 2525
 Aceklub1911 said:

George NEVER has explicitly said that Wylla is Jon's mother. For one Stark clammed up whenever Robert was trying to guess the name of his Bastard's mom, and he changed the subject. Don't forget that that fisherman told Davos that Ned's bastard was named after Jon Arryn and that Jon's mother was the woman that took care of Ned right before Robert's rebellion. There are a lot of rumors about Ned's temptress... Especially the fact that the real crush mentioned was Ned and Ashara Dayne. Why would he impregnate her handmaiden if he liked HER? Makes no sense. And it's still grossly out of his character for him to cheat... He even got snippy with Cat using the same "he's my blood" line that he tells Jon

I wouldn't advise reading below if you haven't read all of the books

Also Jon and Arya resemble each other closely, and Arya has been repeatedly said to look JUST like Lyanna

Lyanna laying in a bed of blood, and begging Ned to keep the promise. Sounds a lot like a birth scene to me. One scene in reference to this was whenever Ned was thinking about all of Robert's bastards and then he thinks about Jon, and then Lyanna, and then the promise he made to her. Plus it would make sense... Image what Robert would do if he found out that there was another Targaryen... Especially when he has it in his mind that Lyanna was r*ped.

Also, there was a time whenever Ned was thinking about how Lyanna didn't quite love Robert

Plus Rhaegar was universally loved and respected with no trace of the Targ madness (yet). It would totally make sense if they ran off together, and conceived a child. The ONLY person that ever speaks foul of Rhaegar is Robert. Would make sense if he was just salty at the dude that took his chick

Plus why would the Kingsguard protect Lyanna? Unless of course they were guarding a prince... I think Rhaegar and Lyanna were in love
 5 years ago '11        #130
Aceklub1911 
space
space
$297 | Props total: 108 108
 Optimus Crime said:
I wouldn't advise reading below if you haven't read all of the books

You just LITERALLY blew my mind fam
 5 years ago '04        #131
space
space
When GRRM, was pitching his show for HBO, the producers were asked by him who Jon Snow's mother was, as a test to see how good was their knowledge of the books. They answered correctly, which led to the show being created. Why would GRRM use that question as a test, if the correct answer was already in the books. This proves that the true mother of Jon Snow has not been revealed yet. Lyanna is still one of the highest on the list.

Check out the link before. They break down every potential mother of Jon's. Im sure you'll be impressed with how much evidence proves that R+L=J may be true.

If that is true, then that will explain why Howland Reed has been reclusive during all of the events in the story, since the war. I'm sure at some point, towards the end, he's going to come out of hiding, to finally tell the story at what happened at the Tower of Joy.

Last edited by Marccoogs19; 05-09-2013 at 05:45 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #132
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
 Aceklub1911 said:
You just LITERALLY blew my mind fam
lol I mean there are a few others... But it just makes sense to me. Can't wait to be done with the Bar Exam so I can go back and reread and catch what I missed

Marccoogs19 said:
When GRRM, was pitching his show for HBO, the producers were asked by him who Jon Snow's mother was, as a test to see how good was their knowledge of the books. They answered correctly, which led to the show being created. Why would GRRM use that question as a test, if the correct answer was already in the books. This proves that the true mother of Jon Snow has not been revealed yet. Lyanna is still one of the highest on the list.

Check out the link before. They break down every potential mother of Jon's. Im sure you'll be impressed with how much evidence proves that R+L=J may be true.
Which link? I was thinking it was either Lyanna or Ashara Dayne. Leaning more toward Lyanna/Rhaegar with Jon being AA

Last edited by Optimus Crime; 05-09-2013 at 05:42 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #133
space
space
 Marccoogs19 said:

If that is true, then that will explain why Howland Reed has been reclusive during all of the events in the story, since the war. I'm sure at some point, towards the end, he's going to come out of hiding, to finally tell the story at what happened at the Tower of Joy.
Yo thats a dope a.ss test GRRM gave em

I woulda froze up and said some dumb sh*t like his mother was a warg that got k!lled while inside the first direwolf in the book 1
 5 years ago '07        #134
Jiraiya 132 heat pts132
space
space
It's finna go down

Don't nobody make fun of my blackberry camera

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #135
Optimus Crime 5 heat pts
space
space
One thing we've never talked about with regards to the books... The funny things that he slides into the books that a lot of people might not catch.

Like has anyone else noticed that Stannis is actually hilarious in the books?

When I went to his lecture at Texas A&M he brought up the fact that he is a big football guy. One of my friends (Who's a pretty big Cowboys fan), who was there pointed out to me that one of the characters in Dance had a blue star on a field of silver... Or something like

[pic - click to view]

And was k!lled by Wun Wun who is a giant... Then I googled it and found out that Wun Wun the giant is a reference to Phil Simms?

[pic - click to view]

Did anyone else have a moment like this where they caught a reference?
 5 years ago '04        #136
Propel Water 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
$19,401 | Props total: 4299 4299
Yeah Grrm is jersey bread hes a big giantsfan...

Stannis is funny as fu*k one of my favorite characters...

How bout the frey pies manderly made for the wedding?

Or jon connington being ghey for raeghar...

Alleras the sphinx is really sarella the sand snake

Tywin was poisoned before he died

The hound is still alive on the quiet isle

Varys is a blackfyre

Tysha is actully the sailors wife from bravvos

Patchface's prophecies come true

The maesters conspired to bring an end to the targ dynasty

Euron greyjoy payed the faceless men a dragon egg to k!ll his brother balon

Pyatt pree is probably onboard his ship if not being the warlock he k!lled for talking sh*t

The horn of winter is the broken horn sam has that they found at the fist

Weirwood arrows can k!ll a dragon
 5 years ago '05        #137
space
space
Speaking of Alleras/Sarella... what is Jaqen/Pate looking for at the Citadel?
 5 years ago '04        #138
space
space
 Adamsville said:
Speaking of Alleras/Sarella... what is Jaqen/Pate looking for at the Citadel?
well if my theory about euron and the dragonegg going to the faceless men, they might of sent jaqen there to find out how to hatch one using the book the life and death of dragons? i think its called, tyrion mentions how the only existing copy is in the citadel...

but we'll see.... i have the feeling euron is going to attack oldtown from behind, him and the ironborn will carry their long boats across land to the honeywine and sail down through the citadel... theres a passage in Feast about the honeywine being home to an old pirate king...

I THINK THATS FORESHADOWING

and also im starting to think with stannis "dead" melisandre might burn his daughter alive...waking the dragon outta stone? or is that just danys dragons eggs... or is that aegon cause hes with future stoner jon cog

hm... i think we should copy some of the prophecies in here and maybe decipher them?

oh what does everyone think about bloodraven? or qualithe being sheira seastar...wouldnt suprise me since bloodraven is a player and bittersteels golden skull just arrived in westeros...

how many eyes does lord bloodraven have?
 5 years ago '04        #139
space
space
 Optimus Crime said:
Which link? I was thinking it was either Lyanna or Ashara Dayne. Leaning more toward Lyanna/Rhaegar with Jon being AA
My bad. I forgot to paste it.
 5 years ago '04        #140
space
space
How old is darkstar? Could he be ashara and brandon/neds kid? Whichever one fu*ked her...

Also winds of winter was orignally titled "a time for wolves"

Guess sansa bran rickon and arya will do workkkkk
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Jump reveals Beerus, Hit and Goku Black as playable characters for Dragon Ball..
39 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy