IGN: Bioshock Infinite on consoles is "graphically underwhelming"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
95 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
160 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 berzerkerguts said:
So much wrong here I don't even know where to begin It was a great original IP with breathtaking memorable moments all the way through. My only gripe at all is the last boss f!ght could have been alot better. BS2 doesn't even belong in the discussion ken levine didn't have anything to do with it and you could tell when you played through. It felt hollow and shallow, it wasn't engrossing at all like the first.
BS2 is half of the franchise so far and was generic and boring, yes it belongs in the discussion. Like I said, the entire franchises hype is due to the 1st 15 minutes of BS1.

Thats the franchise so far in a nutshell.

And Ironmaiden is correct on some points. BS2's graphics were underwhelming, its sad when you have to manipulate the Brightness settings in the main menu to make it "look better"

Turning the brightness down to hide how sh*tty the textures are and mask the low res

There are other games that don't need this(GT5/BF3/ME3) & I commend them for it, but for the most part I'm ready for next gen. If it was "fu*k graphics" nobody would buy new consoles and would still be on ps2, there are 1000's of games on that system to still keep you busy....

Last edited by Soraci7; 03-18-2013 at 04:24 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #22
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 589 589
been playing on PS3 for a few minutes now... looks alright to me
 5 years ago '06        #23
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 Da Ill One said:
No point to prove, It's true, Graphics don't enhance the story which is what I care about...

they might not change the narrative structure of the story but they help immerse u in it, which factors into how much u end up enjoying the game
 5 years ago '05        #24
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
Nothin new here, consoles age is showing itself the last while.

Bring on the new consoles already
 5 years ago '05        #25
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$36,999 | Props total: 1319 1319
 Soraci7 said:
BS2 is half of the franchise so far and was generic and boring, yes it belongs in the discussion. Like I said, the entire franchises hype is due to the 1st 15 minutes of BS1.

And Ironmaiden is correct on some points. BS2's graphics were underwhelming, its sad when you have to manipulate the Brightness settings in the main menu to make it "look better"

Turning the brightness down to hide how sh*tty the textures are and mask the low res

There are other games that don't need this(GT5/BF3/ME3) & I commend them for it, but for the most part I'm ready for next gen. If it was "fu*k graphics" nobody would buy new consoles and would still be on ps2, there are 1000's of games on that system to still keep you busy....
Meh, enjoyed both BS1 and 2 but overall I had more fun on BS2
 5 years ago '04        #26
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,609 | Props total: 1775 1775
I believe it, were finally at the point where games are being harder and harder to make for xbox 360 and easier for the ps3, on the graphical front. I can guarantee the ps3 version will look better just like Crysis 3 & tomb raider versions this year did. At the end of the cycle, the ps3 is finally showing its power.
 5 years ago '05        #27
Krazie 134 heat pts134
space
space
$45,904 | Props total: 21021 21021
 Soraci7 said:

I agree BS2 was a pretty big letdown, but the first BioShock is from beginning to end may be the best single player experience I may have ever had.
 5 years ago '06        #28
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,748 | Props total: 1187 1187
 coolio said:
nah, i game on console and still care about graphics to a certain extent mediocre graphics wouldn't stop me from playing a great game, but a game with sh*tty a.ss graphics would be hard to get into

everybody cares about graphics to a certain degree..when people say they'd still play w/e game even with stick figures or whatever the fu*k, as long as the story's the same, it's usually just lies to try and prove a point

better graphics do make the game better, but we're at a point now where we know what kind of graphics to expect from current gen consoles and they're fine for current gen, so its not a problem
Stop entertaining the troll. People only dont care about graphics when they are getting the short end of the stick. They were happy as hell to buy the PS3 when it threw Graphics in the face of every gamer with fake CG of FF13 and lengthy k!llzone CG
 5 years ago '04        #29
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
You don't say. My 660 TI is ready.

Last edited by KURUPTION!!!; 03-18-2013 at 05:17 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #30
MischiefTooReal 139 heat pts139
space
space
$11,577 | Props total: 5034 5034
Still copping with no fu*ks given.
 5 years ago '08        #31
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
master race, 1080p, 60 fps & etc
 5 years ago '11        #32
beast1412 48 heat pts48
space
space
$5,008 | Props total: 607 607
Was thinking about getting this on 360 since i got the previous 2 on there, but PC it is then
 5 years ago '05        #33
kaseemromani 41 heat pts41
space
space
$2,739 | Props total: 247 247

[pic - click to view]

03-18-2013, 06:28 PM         #34
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #35
bd2eazy 38 heat pts38
space
space
$5,143 | Props total: 177 177
 KiddMischief said:
Still copping with no fu*ks given.
 5 years ago '08        #36
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,877 | Props total: 1157 1157
Anything to start a fanboy flame war huh! You guys fu*ks me up! the funny thing is that graphical advances coming to the ps4 and nextbox will be leaps and bounds over what the pc folk will be using and then new tech will come out on pc and vice versa, who cares! Just play the games!
 5 years ago '04        #37
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,760 | Props total: 1389 1389
 BRonin357 said:
Anything to start a fanboy flame war huh! You guys fu*ks me up! the funny thing is that graphical advances coming to the ps4 and nextbox will be leaps and bounds over what the pc folk will be using and then new tech will come out on pc and vice versa, who cares! Just play the games!

This idiot here...and last time I checked Jizzonmen played for your team, The Peasants.
 5 years ago '12        #38
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,762 | Props total: 22144 22144
The master race wins again.
 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM         #39
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Only PC gamers care about graphics and that sh*t...
So console kids are ok with sh*t performance and a.ss graphics?

You console people dont care about graphics yet you guys make 121323123 threads about how incredible next-gen games look and dollars to donuts when E3 rolls around that's all you people will be talking about. graphics, graphics, graphics.

This isn't 1996. Graphics and performance matter. Yes, story/gameplay > graphics but performance is just as important as story/gameplay.

Last edited by IronMaiden; 03-18-2013 at 07:24 PM..
 03-18-2013, 07:27 PM         #40
Cya Nerd 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BRonin357 said:
Excuse me while I laugh my a.ss off.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
62 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
201 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy