IGN: Gears of War Judgement Review

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '12        #161
Faythung 1389 heat pts1389
space
space
$15,205 | Props total: 9811 9811
They released the free map/Execution early, have to download it from the dashboard or Xbox.com apparently because it isn't working from the ingame menu.
 03-29-2013, 07:51 AM         #162
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think I'm done with this franchise. Maybe I'll rent one day or get it on discount months down the line
 5 years ago '10        #163
Billy Hoyle 
space
space
$2,140 | Props total: 622 622
Anyone who has played all 3 gears. How would u rate this one? I still play gears 1 n 3. How do y'all like it?
 5 years ago '12        #164
Faythung 1389 heat pts1389
space
space
$15,205 | Props total: 9811 9811
 Billy Hoyle said:
Anyone who has played all 3 gears. How would u rate this one? I still play gears 1 n 3. How do y'all like it?
I'm a big Gears 1 and 2 fan, the wallbouncing/shotgun battles made those games unique and I loved it. 3 took a step in the wrong direction as it lost some of the unique feeling and tried to become more diverse, while Judgment has gone further in that direction I think it's better than 3. The map designs are way better and the overall gameplay/weapon usage is balanced.
 5 years ago '04        #165
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 Billy Hoyle said:
Judgement is by far the worst one.

No Horde + Only one new enemy + The weakest campaign in the series = Garbage "end-of-current gen cash-in" game

Gears series is one of the best shooters I've played, but lets call a spade a spade.
 5 years ago '05        #166
Peter Griffin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,829 | Props total: 225 225
So apparently they released a small patch that fixes the 2 piece and gave the lancer a buff. You can no longer shoot right after a melee with the gnasher. Here are the fixes from the EPIC forums..
Still with me? Sweet! Here's the promised list. Apologies for not getting it out earlier:

- Execution now available as a gametype. Execution, I missed you. Desperately. Welcome back!
- Under the hood, Warzone has always been called TDM; this led to a bug in the menus where Warzone was actually showing up as an available option. No, it was not Warzone, it was a broken version of TDM thanks to a typo. Typo fixed, Warzone no longer showing up. (Sorry if we got your hopes up!)
- New map released. Look for Haven in standard MP!
- Mortar wasn't working properly on clients, so it was replaced by Torquebow (only affects Gondola). May be addressed properly in future patch.
- Frags were appearing in Execution under some conditions, so all base Frag pickups replaced by Smokes. This, too, is a temporary fix to keep the game moving, and will be addressed properly in a future TU. This also affects only Gondola. Poor Gondola has had a rough week.
- Boomshot appears to be horribly OP in Execution. Boomshot has therefore been temporarily removed from Execution gametype. Would love feedback here.
- Smoke nade count reduced from 2 down to 1 in Execution.
- Removed the ability to martyr smoke grenades. Executions are now fun in Execution again.
- Smoke cringe duration slightly reduced.
- Shortened lifespan of Stim grenades in standard MP. Overrun/Survival unchanged.
- Value of XP in all prize boxes increased.

OK, here's the more controversial changes. Feedback appreciated:

- Shortened the melee stun significantly, and added a very, very short delay after melee swing with the Gnasher. Note that Sawed Off now inherits from the Gnasher, so this change will affect both. Melee was getting more k!lls than all other weapons in the game combined, excluding the Gnasher.

- Lancer buffed (about a 15% increase). My gut says that's a bit much - and Pete is wary as well - but we wanted to let it play out a bit and see how it shifted the balance of gameplay. In the first week of release, approx. 80% of all k!lls in MP were from the Gnasher. (Were you one of the people who claimed this was going to be a Rifle only game? Eat your words! :P) I would love to hear your thoughts as to whether this is because the Gnasher is the preferred weapon (not a problem) or if the Gnasher is the only way to play because balance is off (a problem). Obviously, the true answer lies somewhere in the middle, but we should still look at it.

- Retro and HB both given a very, very, small buff (1 bullet fewer to k!ll with Retro, and a fraction of a bullet less (math is fun!) for the HB) to help them hang with the new and improved (?) Lancer.

I'm hoping to avoid gut reactions and a.ssumptions here. Instead, we want to make decisions based of actual experience and data. So: Go ye forth and play. Then play more. THEN give us feedback. We'd love to hear it.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy