Can Tupac be catergorized with Martin Luther King or Malcom X

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
188 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
29 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #21
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
smart, revolutionary black mind with something to say..? yes he is

every black person is not as positive as martin or as wise as malcolm

pac was the voice of the "thugs" and "n*ggas" like he said. he never tried to be neither of them and for that reason alone he is comparable.
 03-16-2013, 06:18 PM         #22
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
S/o to Marcus Garvey should be in the op

Born in jamica, died in London

Garvey was a prophet
 5 years ago '04        #23
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
I dont understand why people keep thinking that the "negative" is what tarnishes his legacy.

The negative is what made people gravitate, relate, and listen to him , because it made him seem like one of them.

Pac wouldn't have been as Iconic and influential if he didn't have that balance, in terms of mass appeal he wouldnt be Pac, he would be Lupe.
 5 years ago '05        #24
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 1371 1371
 Kaliz ChamP said:
I like Pac music as much as the next fan but he didn't do sh*t for black people. Yeah, it sound good what he talk about in interviews. But Pac wasn't marching for civil rights. He wasn't having rallys promoting peace and unity in the black community. He promoted his own agenda and be it he pushed for awareness.he contributed to what's wrong in the black community today. Violence, drugs, murder, hate, jealousy. Demeaning our women. Yeah, the boy nice on the Mic but he wasn't no leader
Tupac didn't demean women or sisters. He demeaned bi*ches and hoes. There's a big difference.

And actually, Tupac was doing foundations, rallies, speeches, charities, and visits. They just weren't publicized. He didn't do those things for PR.

2Pac wasn't perfect but that's what make people gravitate towards him. There's no perfect human and Pac wasn't afraid to show that. That's what puts him in a different light. He represents all the black men that came up from a rough childhood and died young.
 5 years ago '10        #25
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3744 3744
Yes, fu*k what these white ppl playing black online say.

Edit: And a lot of these kids didnt really see & hear sh*t happening at those moments.
Just sayin.

Last edited by aka ReeSe; 03-16-2013 at 06:24 PM..
 5 years ago '13        #26
HipHopFactz 436 heat pts436
space
space
$31,070 | Props total: 38378 38378
No, but he cud have been.

however if just on the basis of a rapper he is Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix status, artists who are the soundtrack to the youth going through poverty, revolutions all over the world. The worldwide impact of 2pac after his death is bigger than in the US, the guys is a icon to rebellious youth

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Only other black artist to have as much impact after death on the world is Bob Marley, he was the face of the last generations, the over 40's and 50's and 60's...Pac is the face of the 20's and 30's...

As a 2003 Woodrow Wilson Center report on young people in the developing world, notes:
Tupac Shakur is famous across Africa, most particularly among urban youth. His music is as common in many urban neighborhoods as Bob Marley’s once was. His face and poses, pictured on clothing and in murals, are now widely familiar. A popular T-shirt has a black background, showing Tupac (spelled “2Pac”) looking alert, with U.S. dollar signs ringing the collar and his most popular slogan, “All Eyez on Me,” across the bottom. “All Eyez on Me,” indeed—Tupac’s lyrics expressing his alienation, fury, and his conviction that his quest for revenge is thoroughly justified, the police sirens in the background of many of his songs, the belief that he was not really murdered but is still alive (often proclaimed in “Tupac Lives” graffiti), all conjure an image of a defiant, proud antihero, and an inspiration for many of Africa’s young and alienated urbanites.

In a section on young people and war the report’s writers note his impact on young soldiers in Sierra Leone’s late 1990s civil war. There, rebel soldiers adopted Tupac as their “patron saint”:
“The rebels wrote Tupac’s lyrics on the side of their vehicles” during the Freetown invasion, one Sierra Leonean refugee later recalled. “They wrote ‘death Row,’‘Missing in Action,’ ‘Hit them Up,’ ‘Only God Can Judge,’ and ‘All Eyez on Me’ on them” … the rebels “favored Tupac T-shirts and fancy haircuts”.

Last edited by HipHopFactz; 03-16-2013 at 06:40 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #27
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,814 | Props total: 12496 12496

Pac Stan's are the worst
 5 years ago '10        #28
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,287 | Props total: 7626 7626
smh...
 5 years ago '10        #29
aka ReeSe 6 heat pts
space
space
$18,697 | Props total: 3744 3744
 Eagles All Day said:

Pac Stan's are the worst
And Jay Stans are worst than worst.
 5 years ago '08        #30
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I dont understand why people keep thinking that the "negative" is what tarnishes his legacy.

The negative is what made people gravitate, relate, and listen to him , because it made him seem like one of them.

Pac wouldn't have been as Iconic and influential if he didn't have that balance, in terms of mass appeal he wouldnt be Pac, he would be Lupe.
 4REAL said:
Tupac didn't demean women or sisters. He demeaned bi*ches and hoes. There's a big difference.

And actually, Tupac was doing foundations, rallies, speeches, charities, and visits. They just weren't publicized. He didn't do those things for PR.

2Pac wasn't perfect but that's what make people gravitate towards him. There's no perfect human and Pac wasn't afraid to show that. That's what puts him in a different light. He represents all the black men that came up from a rough childhood and died young.
 aka ReeSe said:
Yes, fu*k what these white ppl playing black online say.

Edit: And a lot of these kids didnt really see & hear sh*t happening at those moments.
Just sayin.
quoting these cuz people need to see this. pac was the voice of a generation and still is. i mean got damn this n*gga organized a peace treaty for bloods and crips..i know, yall n*ggas dont like gangs right, but that why yall n*ggas aint comparable to martin and malcolm cuz they woulda felt the same way pac did about that situation.
 03-16-2013, 06:34 PM         #31
Games Addict 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you would have asked me this back when I was in high school, I probably would've said yes. Nowadays? Hell fu*king no. The guy was a complete idiot. He never lived up to his potential (or did he?), instead he obsessed over 'thug life'.

The Hate U Give Little Infants fu*ks Everyone?

Well what did he do about it except become a living embodiment of that negativity? He died the way he wanted to die. It was his choice entirely.
They will never let any great leader or person of influence come up. They will have him k!lled just like all the others and make it look like somebody else.
Look at this sh*t

THEY had Pac k!lled?

No dumbass, Pac beat up some crip gang member(it was caught on video), and then that crip shot him dead. It happens ALL the time.

Pac was a fu*king dumbass millionaire who somehow still managed to die the death of some worthless street punk.

quoting these cuz people need to see this. pac was the voice of a generation and still is. i mean got damn this n*gga organized a peace treaty for bloods and crips..i know, yall n*ggas dont like gangs right, but that why yall n*ggas aint comparable to martin and malcolm cuz they woulda felt the same way pac did about that situation.
yeah he did... how long did that last though?

He sure as fu*k had no qualms about running with bloods who were deep into that lifestyle...

or an idiot like Snoop Dogg who flaunted being a 'crip'...

Last edited by Games Addict; 03-16-2013 at 06:40 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #32
MagicOnTheTire 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,300 | Props total: 1098 1098
Pac is the GOAT but he is the perfect example of;

"You aint live it, you witnessed it from ya folks pad, scribbled in ya notepad and created your life"

No hate...
 5 years ago '07        #33
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,474 | Props total: 14971 14971
 slimdogg3325 said:
but yet he helped some bloods beat up a crip

Last edited by timdog; 03-16-2013 at 06:38 PM..
 03-16-2013, 06:38 PM         #34
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MagicOnTheTire said:
Pac is the GOAT but he is the perfect example of;

"You aint live it, you witnessed it from ya folks pad, scribbled in ya notepad and created your life"

No hate...
He shot at police officers most people who are out there living it act like bi*ches when the police come around but are quick to shoot a civilian.
 5 years ago '04        #35
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
I honestly don't know many older black folks (middle age and up) who are that fond of 2Pac.
 03-16-2013, 06:41 PM         #36
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Games Addict said:
if you would have asked me this back when I was in high school, I probably would've said yes. Nowadays? Hell fu*king no. The guy was a complete idiot. He never lived up to his potential (or did he?), instead he obsessed over 'thug life'.

The Hate U Give Little Infants fu*ks Everyone?

Well what did he do about it except become a living embodiment of that negativity? He died the way he wanted to die. It was his choice entirely.

Look at this sh*t

THEY had Pac k!lled?

No dumbass, Pac beat up some crip gang member(it was caught on video), and then that crip shot him dead. It happens ALL the time.

Pac was a fu*king dumbass millionaire who somehow still managed to die the death of some worthless street punk.
Aren't you scared to talk to people in real life? Scared to apply for a job to get out of your parents house? You dirty smelly fu*king bum.
 5 years ago '08        #37
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
 timdog said:
but yet he helped some bloods beat up a crip

correction, he helped his homeboys beat some n*gga that stole from them

i woulda done the same. now go on and tell me i would be dead right next to him right..

dont judge the n*gga for what u want him to be. look at his life and see the n*gga made it and did what he felt he had to do
 5 years ago '08        #38
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23326 23326
hell no.
 5 years ago '07        #39
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,474 | Props total: 14971 14971
 Patrick Galooly said:
He shot at police officers most people who are out there living it act like bi*ches when the police come around but are quick to shoot a civilian.
he didnt know they were police

and the only reason he got off cuz they was dirty cops
 5 years ago '10        #40
jmheight1 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,287 | Props total: 7626 7626
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
22 hours ago