Can Tupac be catergorized with Martin Luther King or Malcom X

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
63 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
107 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #1
10451 pageviews
106 comments

Laronla 425 heat pts425
space
space
space
$7,129 | Props total: 16633 16633
Can Tupac be catergorized with Martin Luther King or Malcom X

I'm sure I'm gonna get hate mainly because Tupac made the mistake of letting his "Thug" image overpower some of the sh-t he really stood for. So most of urban america missed the whole point of him. But for those who look deeper and understood what he stood for, do you think this a fair comparison? He had many powerful messages on makveli which reached over 4 or 5 million people. Also most of the problems in black america were in the hood with people at the bottom, and I feel like 2pac may have connected with them on a deeper level than Martin or Malcom. So am I pushing it with this comparison, or will it be safer to say he's the martin or malcolm of our generation?

106 comments for "Can Tupac be catergorized with Martin Luther King or Malcom X"

03-16-2013, 05:49 PM         #2
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Too much violence. Too much materialism.
 5 years ago '12        #3
Dashawn38 112 heat pts112
space
space
$4,104 | Props total: 509 509

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #4
ondareal 
space
space
$2,512 | Props total: 781 781
Like u said, he let the thug sh*t k!ll his main purpose. His fault.
 5 years ago '07        #5
Root Of Evil 56 heat pts56
space
space
$11,914 | Props total: 573 573

no
 5 years ago '05        #6
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,240 | Props total: 9646 9646
No n*gga knock it off.
 5 years ago '10        #7
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,997 | Props total: 982 982
 bennnylava said:
n*gga did you go into my thread and take our discussion and make it into another thread
FUFU a.ss NEGROES
 5 years ago '10        #8
Rebirth46 59 heat pts59
space
space
$3,997 | Props total: 982 982
OP Is not black
 5 years ago '11        #9
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
If u lived in the hood you would know pac is talked about and cared about then MLK
 03-16-2013, 05:56 PM         #10
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Imo he didn't have time to time organise his movement, so it's inconclusive. All 3 great men were misguided at a point in their life, pac was young when he died. Biggie was just a kid. feel me?

I was gonna make a thread similar to this. Here was the OP

I saw this quote and it made me think

in every "Detroit Red" lies the potential for a "Malcolm X."
This is Pac in 1989

[video - click to view]

And this would have been one of later songs he made.

[video - click to view]

"I may not change the world but I will spark the mind that does."-2pac

I remember MLK'Jr saying something close to that years earlier during his i have a dream speach.

I think we can all agree, a Mainstream Black Nationalist rapper would be the power elites worst nightmare.

Last edited by A6249CF; 03-16-2013 at 05:58 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #11
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 533 533
What did he do for the black community that you would consider on par with Malcolm and Martin
 5 years ago '07        #12
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
Not in a traditional sense. He had his own way of conneting messages and that was through art. He was a artist - a poet, musician, and actor. Malcolm and MLK did it through religion; they were organizers, writers, and speakers. I think Tupac did a good job of reminding people of what older generations stood for. He built off of the examples set by MLK and Malcolm X, Marcus Garvey, Dubois, etc.
A fair comparison would be to find music artists or actors who aimed to send socio-politial messages in their work.
 5 years ago '05        #13
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,432 | Props total: 1371 1371
I don't think he'll be categorized with MLK or Malcolm X but 2Pac has some very powerful images and imagery that I can see hanging in classrooms next to the likes of Che Guevara or a Bob Marley. His music has not only touched Black America but people from all walks of life. For that reason alone, I think his "positive" messages has outshined the "negative images. Tupac will be remember as a man who was an everyday human with two sides like everyone in society. He wanted to reach the common man to have a better society all the meanwhile letting the world see him battle his flaws and demons. He relates to the young people today's society as a figure. He is indeed a modern day martyr so this isn't an off the wall question at all.
 5 years ago '05        #14
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,240 | Props total: 9646 9646
 Mr Chilly said:
I love Pac. I love his music and everything, but I wouldn't say he was on Malcolm or Martin's level when it comes to helping the Black community.
Couldn't have said it better.
 5 years ago '06        #15
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,836 | Props total: 1995 1995
 Mr Chilly said:
I love Pac. I love his music and everything, but I wouldn't say he was on Malcolm or Martin's level when it comes to helping the Black community.
tru..
 03-16-2013, 06:06 PM         #16
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Is the OP serious?
 5 years ago '13        #17
puffmypiff2k9 71 heat pts71
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 30 30

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #18
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 533 533
I like Pac music as much as the next fan but he didn't do sh*t for black people. Yeah, it sound good what he talk about in interviews. But Pac wasn't marching for civil rights. He wasn't having rallys promoting peace and unity in the black community. He promoted his own agenda and be it he pushed for awareness.he contributed to what's wrong in the black community today. Violence, drugs, murder, hate, jealousy. Demeaning our women. Yeah, the boy nice on the Mic but he wasn't no leader
 5 years ago '07        #19
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,469 | Props total: 14944 14944
 03-16-2013, 06:13 PM         #20
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kaliz ChamP said:
I like Pac music as much as the next fan but he didn't do sh*t for black people. Yeah, it sound good what he talk about in interviews. But Pac wasn't marching for civil rights. He wasn't having rallys promoting peace and unity in the black community. He promoted his own agenda and be it he pushed for awareness.he contributed to what's wrong in the black community today. Violence, drugs, murder, hate, jealousy. Demeaning our women. Yeah, the boy nice on the Mic but he wasn't no leader
He never contributed to demeaning our women. Or jealousy.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy