Mar 15 - NYPD declares martial law in Brooklyn

view more...

most viewed right now
52 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
15380 page views
113 comments

Lot17 25 heat pts25
space
space
$3,312 | Props total: 1089 1089
Mar 15 - NYPD declares martial law in Brooklyn

[pic - click to view]

On the heels of three nights of protests over the police slaying of 16 year old Kimani Gray, the NYPD has turned the East Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn into a State of Exception, claiming emergency powers to suspend the constitutional guarantees of the citizenry.

The people regularly targeted by police harassment and violence, overwhelmingly the city’s poor and minority populations, have taken to the streets to speak out against the NYPD’s draconian tactics. The police have in turn responded with even further harsh measures by suppressing the right of the people to voice dissatisfaction with that very same police force.

Cops kettled protesters at Wednesday night’s candlelight vigil, resulting in 46 arrests. Police even arrested Kimani Gray’s distraught sister, Mahnefeh.

The NYPD euphemistically calls the public spaces in which the Constitutional rights of the people are suspended “frozen zones.”

Allison Kilkenny wrote about the NYPD’s so-called “frozen zones” in December 2011:

“The ‘frozen zone’ is an arbitrary, official police business-sounding title that has absolutely zero legal merit. It’s something the NYPD made up, just as the ‘First Amendment zone’ is something [Los Angeles Mayor Antonio] Villaraigosa made up to suppress media coverage of the Occupy raids.”

According to FIERCE, the “frozen zone” in East Flatbush is being used to prevent media from covering the protests and arrests. Meanwhile, people inside the “frozen zone” can be subjected to arrest merely by exercising their constitutional rights.

“It basically means the area is under temporary martial law,” writes FIERCE. “The last times the NYPD declared a Frozen Zone was on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and during the beginning of OWS.”

An arbitrary dictate that arrests protest and free speech, set forth by the institution that is itself the target of the protests, creates a potentially dangerous precedent of placing the NYPD beyond reproach.

Occupy Austin reposted this poignant summary of events by Jen Roesch as they were unfolding in Brooklyn last night:

“East Flatbush, Brooklyn is under martial law as the NYPD declares it a ‘frozen zone’. Media are being monitored and kept from moving and reporting freely. Dozens of arrests and much brutality. Kimani was shot in the back seven times; a witness is sure he was unarmed; multiple reports are coming out that the police had been waging a campaign of harassment against the young man (including taunting him about a friend who had died in a car accident and threatening to shoot him when he tried to leave). This is just blocks from where Shantel Davis was shot, dragged from her car and left to bleed to death in the street last summer. After that shooting, police went to all the surrounding delis and confiscated their surveillance videos. Residents in the neighborhood live in a state of terror. Heartbreaking, enraging, the stuff that riots are made of. This city is at a breaking point.”

Kimani Gray’s parents are scheduled to hold a press conference this evening to address the March 9 police slaying of their young son.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/03/the-nypd-declares-martial-law-in-brooklyn-2593426.html

Last edited by Lot17; 03-15-2013 at 02:45 PM..
+7   

113 comments for "Mar 15 - NYPD declares martial law in Brooklyn"

6 years ago '07        #2
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,707 | Props total: 862 862

6 years ago '04        #3
ItAlY2BkLyN 240 heat pts240
space
space
$24,306 | Props total: 14478 14478
so what's up my NY fam? Is sh*t crackin' off or what?

6 years ago '05        #4
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,608 | Props total: 5 5
what ya gonna do? i wanna see

6 years ago '11        #5
Sin 1722 heat pts1722
space
space
$25,574 | Props total: 69231 69231
im ready lets go f!ght

naw im just playin lock your doors and hope for the best

6 years ago '12        #6
wiz kantinflas 103 heat pts103
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 456 456
sh*t is going down right now over there..

i was in east flastbush last night.

6 years ago '11        #7
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,591 | Props total: 6876 6876
 ItAlY2BkLyN said
so what's up my NY fam? Is sh*t crackin' off or what?
Why are you BX? I thought you lived in Brooklyn? The revolution about to start and you still on your computer?

6 years ago '06        #8
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,871 | Props total: 577 577
GREAT! Now lets march when a thug senselessly k!lls a child by a mistake when trying to k!ll someone else of our race!

I don't agree with police injustice by any means and the protests are warranted, but this same amount of outrage should be used to apprehend black k!llers in black neighborhoods.

6 years ago '11        #9
Sin 1722 heat pts1722
space
space
 pa_general said
GREAT! Now lets march when a thug senselessly k!lls a child by a mistake when trying to k!ll someone else of our race!

I don't agree with police injustice by any means and the protests are warranted, but this same amount of outrage should be used to apprehend black k!llers in black neighborhoods.

6 years ago '11        #10
Sin 1722 heat pts1722
space
space
 Kadillac87 said
Why are you BX? I thought you lived in Brooklyn? The revolution about to start and you still on your computer?
what revolution there protesting about a kid who pulled a gun on a the cops i don't see the sense in f!ghting for that

6 years ago '11        #11
Sin 1722 heat pts1722
space
space
 Matt504 said
they're protesting because people who were present when the shooting took place say that the young man did NOT have a gun.
they found the physical gun laying next to him there's no argument

6 years ago '04        #12
ItAlY2BkLyN 240 heat pts240
space
space
$24,306 | Props total: 14478 14478
 Kadillac87 said
Stop worryin' about what I be doin'

My family moved from BK long ago. Why you think I'm always talking about CO?

I still got family out on LI though. That's why I'm concerned.

03-15-2013, 05:21 PM         #13
TheUzualSuSpect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sincerethought said
they found the physical gun laying next to him there's no argument
Witnesses said he didn't have one and nypd known to be possibly the most corrupt police in america also how the fvck can u justify (my bad I got bad memory wut was it 7?) Bullets to the back wen the kid was trying to run away...police not supposed to shoot unless they're in immediate danger which clearly wasn't the case....one shot to the leg cuda been justifiable bi*ch a.ss pigs were obviously tryna k!ll the kid

6 years ago '04        #14
LordBlanco|M 53 heat pts53
space
space
$36,637 | Props total: 25664 25664
NYPD got that itchy finger cause most of em are fu*king pussies with a stick up their a.ss.

REally thinking every civilian has a gun and is stupid enough to shoot at a cop. "KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR POCKETS SIR" Like oh yeah man, you know me... bout to pull out this 22 and get it poppin. fu*king idiots.

I only met a handful of jake that actually had some logic and reasoning to them.

But there's alot of cops that are just horrible excuses of life. Disrespectful, Power driven, Racist, Scumbags.

6 years ago '08        #15
wru425 113 heat pts113
space
space
$26,789 | Props total: 12320 12320
 TheUzualSuSpect said
Witnesses said he didn't have one and nypd known to be possibly the most corrupt police in america also how the fvck can u justify (my bad I got bad memory wut was it 7?) Bullets to the back wen the kid was trying to run away...police not supposed to shoot unless they're in immediate danger which clearly wasn't the case....one shot to the leg cuda been justifiable bi*ch a.ss pigs were obviously tryna k!ll the kid
Ummm a few questions...is this so called witness from the same neighborhood that the victim and people are rioting from? Bc if so it would make sense for her to side against the police bc she gotta live with ppl that hate the police everyday....

Oh and police shoot to k!ll fk a leg wound...you don't wanna die don't pull a gun(assuming he had one)...

6 years ago '09        #16
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 28 28
wasnt this the kid who aimed his gun at the cops and they shot him?

edit: never mind, one of those "sprinkle some crack on him johnson" cases, fu*k the pigs

03-15-2013, 06:35 PM         #17
evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

03-15-2013, 06:49 PM         #18
TheUzualSuSpect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wru425 said
Ummm a few questions...is this so called witness from the same neighborhood that the victim and people are rioting from? Bc if so it would make sense for her to side against the police bc she gotta live with ppl that hate the police everyday....

Oh and police shoot to k!ll fk a leg wound...you don't wanna die don't pull a gun(assuming he had one)...
i wud a.ssume that the witnessES are
why wud it make sense for them to side against the police? they just there to give there account of the story
and na fvck that kid was running for his life u dont think 7 shots is od?? one is more than enough to k!ll sumone nypd was just on that bs
and the whole reason this is a big deal is b/c ppl saying he did NOT have a gun

6 years ago '10        #19
Shhon 1047 heat pts1047
space
space
$20,884 | Props total: 28574 28574
are they going to bend over . or f!ght for their right

03-15-2013, 06:57 PM         #20
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sean McDevitt said
are they going to bend over . or f!ght for their right

03-15-2013, 07:01 PM         #21
DarkSidesHero 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pa_general said

6 years ago '07        #22
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$45,367 | Props total: 50198 50198
So, when the cops k!ll a kid... that's fine.

If the public gets angry about it, they outta of line and are subject to curfew, lock down, arrest.

Meanwhile in chiraq.... k!ll away

03-15-2013, 07:21 PM         #23
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pa_general said

No

Just no.

The same music you help produce is the sh*t that fuels half our murders in mine and a lot of other neighborhoods.But I understand where you coming from but to preach against the stop snitching when you inadvertently promote it is just the pot calling the kettle black

6 years ago '06        #24
RAZAH CUTS 6310 heat pts6310
space
space
$57,510 | Props total: 29757 29757
this is the typa sh*t that is nuts to me....

6 years ago '07        #25
OG Perez 17 heat pts17
space
space
$43,262 | Props total: 13095 13095
<<<<<

Home      

most viewed right now
+45online now  16
Image(s) inside Bruhhhhhhhhh
120 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+56online now  13
Video inside Pinky still flexible enough to buss it open
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+47online now  12
NBA James Harden already poisoning Youth Basketball
54 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+22online now  11
Video inside Brittany Renner puts Joe Budden on blast.
203 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+54online now  8
Video inside The Tragic Story Of Kurt Angle
68 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+63online now  3
Video inside Rapper Who Threatened To Kill Boosie Son on Boosie IG Live Shot Dead A ..
264 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  3
NBA NBA Exec Says Lebron James & Ingram Pair Is Not Working
119 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+32online now  2
Video inside Nov 13 - Trump’s Border Troops Have Nothing To Do