NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
14952 pageviews
113 comments

Lot17 24 heat pts24
space
space
$3,022 | Props total: 465 465
Mar 15 - NYPD declares martial law in Brooklyn

[pic - click to view]

On the heels of three nights of protests over the police slaying of 16 year old Kimani Gray, the NYPD has turned the East Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn into a State of Exception, claiming emergency powers to suspend the constitutional guarantees of the citizenry.

The people regularly targeted by police harassment and violence, overwhelmingly the city’s poor and minority populations, have taken to the streets to speak out against the NYPD’s draconian tactics. The police have in turn responded with even further harsh measures by suppressing the right of the people to voice dissatisfaction with that very same police force.

Cops kettled protesters at Wednesday night’s candlelight vigil, resulting in 46 arrests. Police even arrested Kimani Gray’s distraught sister, Mahnefeh.

The NYPD euphemistically calls the public spaces in which the Constitutional rights of the people are suspended “frozen zones.”

Allison Kilkenny wrote about the NYPD’s so-called “frozen zones” in December 2011:

“The ‘frozen zone’ is an arbitrary, official police business-sounding title that has absolutely zero legal merit. It’s something the NYPD made up, just as the ‘First Amendment zone’ is something [Los Angeles Mayor Antonio] Villaraigosa made up to suppress media coverage of the Occupy raids.”

According to FIERCE, the “frozen zone” in East Flatbush is being used to prevent media from covering the protests and arrests. Meanwhile, people inside the “frozen zone” can be subjected to arrest merely by exercising their constitutional rights.

“It basically means the area is under temporary martial law,” writes FIERCE. “The last times the NYPD declared a Frozen Zone was on the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and during the beginning of OWS.”

An arbitrary dictate that arrests protest and free speech, set forth by the institution that is itself the target of the protests, creates a potentially dangerous precedent of placing the NYPD beyond reproach.

Occupy Austin reposted this poignant summary of events by Jen Roesch as they were unfolding in Brooklyn last night:

“East Flatbush, Brooklyn is under martial law as the NYPD declares it a ‘frozen zone’. Media are being monitored and kept from moving and reporting freely. Dozens of arrests and much brutality. Kimani was shot in the back seven times; a witness is sure he was unarmed; multiple reports are coming out that the police had been waging a campaign of harassment against the young man (including taunting him about a friend who had died in a car accident and threatening to shoot him when he tried to leave). This is just blocks from where Shantel Davis was shot, dragged from her car and left to bleed to death in the street last summer. After that shooting, police went to all the surrounding delis and confiscated their surveillance videos. Residents in the neighborhood live in a state of terror. Heartbreaking, enraging, the stuff that riots are made of. This city is at a breaking point.”

Kimani Gray’s parents are scheduled to hold a press conference this evening to address the March 9 police slaying of their young son.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/03/the-nypd-declares-martial-law-in-brooklyn-2593426.html

Last edited by Lot17; 03-15-2013 at 02:45 PM..

113 comments for "Mar 15 - NYPD declares martial law in Brooklyn"

5 years ago '07        #2
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 5 years ago '04        #3
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,136 | Props total: 9436 9436
so what's up my NY fam? Is sh*t crackin' off or what?
 5 years ago '05        #4
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,605 | Props total: 1 1
what ya gonna do? i wanna see
 5 years ago '11        #5
Sin 1258 heat pts1258
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 39120 39120
im ready lets go f!ght

naw im just playin lock your doors and hope for the best
 5 years ago '12        #6
wiz kantinflas 103 heat pts103
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 456 456
sh*t is going down right now over there..

i was in east flastbush last night.
 5 years ago '11        #7
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
so what's up my NY fam? Is sh*t crackin' off or what?
Why are you BX? I thought you lived in Brooklyn? The revolution about to start and you still on your computer?
 5 years ago '06        #8
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
GREAT! Now lets march when a thug senselessly k!lls a child by a mistake when trying to k!ll someone else of our race!

I don't agree with police injustice by any means and the protests are warranted, but this same amount of outrage should be used to apprehend black k!llers in black neighborhoods.
 5 years ago '11        #9
Sin 1258 heat pts1258
space
space
 pa_general said:
GREAT! Now lets march when a thug senselessly k!lls a child by a mistake when trying to k!ll someone else of our race!

I don't agree with police injustice by any means and the protests are warranted, but this same amount of outrage should be used to apprehend black k!llers in black neighborhoods.
 5 years ago '11        #10
Sin 1258 heat pts1258
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Why are you BX? I thought you lived in Brooklyn? The revolution about to start and you still on your computer?
what revolution there protesting about a kid who pulled a gun on a the cops i don't see the sense in f!ghting for that
 5 years ago '11        #11
Sin 1258 heat pts1258
space
space
 Matt504 said:
they're protesting because people who were present when the shooting took place say that the young man did NOT have a gun.
they found the physical gun laying next to him there's no argument
 5 years ago '04        #12
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,136 | Props total: 9436 9436
 Kadillac87 said:
Stop worryin' about what I be doin'

My family moved from BK long ago. Why you think I'm always talking about CO?

I still got family out on LI though. That's why I'm concerned.
 03-15-2013, 05:21 PM         #13
TheUzualSuSpect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sincerethought said:
they found the physical gun laying next to him there's no argument
Witnesses said he didn't have one and nypd known to be possibly the most corrupt police in america also how the fvck can u justify (my bad I got bad memory wut was it 7?) Bullets to the back wen the kid was trying to run away...police not supposed to shoot unless they're in immediate danger which clearly wasn't the case....one shot to the leg cuda been justifiable bi*ch a.ss pigs were obviously tryna k!ll the kid
 5 years ago '04        #14
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,035 | Props total: 19620 19620
NYPD got that itchy finger cause most of em are fu*king pussies with a stick up their a.ss.

REally thinking every civilian has a gun and is stupid enough to shoot at a cop. "KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR POCKETS SIR" Like oh yeah man, you know me... bout to pull out this 22 and get it poppin. fu*king idiots.

I only met a handful of jake that actually had some logic and reasoning to them.

But there's alot of cops that are just horrible excuses of life. Disrespectful, Power driven, Racist, Scumbags.
 5 years ago '08        #15
wru425 60 heat pts60
space
space
$22,209 | Props total: 5355 5355
 TheUzualSuSpect said:
Witnesses said he didn't have one and nypd known to be possibly the most corrupt police in america also how the fvck can u justify (my bad I got bad memory wut was it 7?) Bullets to the back wen the kid was trying to run away...police not supposed to shoot unless they're in immediate danger which clearly wasn't the case....one shot to the leg cuda been justifiable bi*ch a.ss pigs were obviously tryna k!ll the kid
Ummm a few questions...is this so called witness from the same neighborhood that the victim and people are rioting from? Bc if so it would make sense for her to side against the police bc she gotta live with ppl that hate the police everyday....

Oh and police shoot to k!ll fk a leg wound...you don't wanna die don't pull a gun(assuming he had one)...
 5 years ago '09        #16
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
wasnt this the kid who aimed his gun at the cops and they shot him?

edit: never mind, one of those "sprinkle some crack on him johnson" cases, fu*k the pigs
 03-15-2013, 06:35 PM         #17
evici1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 03-15-2013, 06:49 PM         #18
TheUzualSuSpect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wru425 said:
Ummm a few questions...is this so called witness from the same neighborhood that the victim and people are rioting from? Bc if so it would make sense for her to side against the police bc she gotta live with ppl that hate the police everyday....

Oh and police shoot to k!ll fk a leg wound...you don't wanna die don't pull a gun(assuming he had one)...
i wud a.ssume that the witnessES are
why wud it make sense for them to side against the police? they just there to give there account of the story
and na fvck that kid was running for his life u dont think 7 shots is od?? one is more than enough to k!ll sumone nypd was just on that bs
and the whole reason this is a big deal is b/c ppl saying he did NOT have a gun
 5 years ago '10        #19
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,280 | Props total: 23785 23785
are they going to bend over . or f!ght for their right
 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM         #20
Minister 
space
space
space