Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
Escargot LL 2 heat pts
space
space
$933 | Props total: 6 6
 HipHopFactz said:
cuz he probs aint copyright the beat
OH
 5 years ago '07        #42
crownedprince 29 heat pts29
space
space
space
$1,438 | Props total: 1009 1009
 Escargot LL said:
OH
i'm a producer for a living, soon as you make a beat it's technically your own intellectual property.. people who think you need to like send a CD into washington D.C.'s copyright office are wrong. it's technically vybe's property but given that chop remade it (assumably without using any parts of vybe's original recording) and didn't make any money off it there's not really anything to sue for here.. just bad PR for chop.
 5 years ago '12        #43
Escargot LL 2 heat pts
space
space
 crownedprince said:
i'm a producer for a living, soon as you make a beat it's technically your own intellectual property.. people who think you need to like send a CD into washington D.C.'s copyright office are wrong. it's technically vybe's property but given that chop remade it (assumably without using any parts of vybe's original recording) and didn't make any money off it there's not really anything to sue for here.. just bad PR for chop.
Are you telling me copyrighting instrumentals isnt needed?

Whether Chop can get sued for damages or not isnt really an issue. The song is a flop.
 5 years ago '07        #44
space
space
space
 Escargot LL said:
Are you telling me copyrighting instrumentals isnt needed?

Whether Chop can get sued for damages or not isnt really an issue. The song is a flop.
Nah it's not... If you have the stems (you made it, so you do) then all you'd have to do is show that you made it first.. It's up to a jury so if you can show like a paper trail of where they would've gotten/heard it (you sent it to X, Y stole it and they're known to work with X) then that's even better.

The moment you create it, you own it.
 5 years ago '09        #45
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,372 | Props total: 17467 17467
ard so hold on say if someone made a tutorial beat on you tube and you sampled the melody, is that stealing?
 5 years ago '12        #46
Escargot LL 2 heat pts
space
space
 Chalky said:
ard so hold on say if someone made a tutorial beat on you tube and you sampled the melody, is that stealing?
I think with that its for Educational purposes and for criticism, and wouldnt fall under copyright infringement.
 5 years ago '05        #47
KleinBaller 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,264 | Props total: 2 2
I do music production, and so I browse soundclick. And I DEFINITELY heard that Vybe beat a LONG time ago, and the Young Chops beat is a complete remake.
 5 years ago '07        #48
space
space
space
 Escargot LL said:
I think with that its for Educational purposes and for criticism, and wouldnt fall under copyright infringement.
i think he means if you take a melody from a youtube, i think those are really hard to prove if it's just a piece. if everyone sued everyone over the same melody/chord progression then there couldn't really be new music. so... no. not unless they can prove you stole it.
 5 years ago '12        #49
Escargot LL 2 heat pts
space
space
 crownedprince said:
i think he means if you take a melody from a youtube, i think those are really hard to prove if it's just a piece. if everyone sued everyone over the same melody/chord progression then there couldn't really be new music. so... no. not unless they can prove you stole it.
true... if u cant prove, you lose.
 5 years ago '12        #50
OldBusiness 163 heat pts163
space
space
$20,970 | Props total: 17015 17015
 kingkoopa50 said:
NOt sure if n*ggas know this but Vybe been puttin in work over @ soundclick. Been that way since early 2000's. Not sure why he hasn't gone mainstream but it's only a matter of time. His grind is second to none. no pun intended, but i don't like this young chop dude. Very arrogant and ignorant to the fact that he's burning bridges. This beef is promo for Vybe beats and this could be his break.
Vybe don't wanna go mainstream fam. His current hustle got him sitting on more money than alot of these flash in the pan producers

few more months from now we won't even know who Chop is and Vybe will still be on
 5 years ago '05        #51
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,374 | Props total: 471 471
so wat beat was remade
 03-15-2013, 12:53 PM         #52
hatcher487 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
y that n*gga so ugly
 03-15-2013, 12:53 PM         #53
hatcher487 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kiddrocay said:
that dude look like "fufu"
 03-15-2013, 12:54 PM         #54
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
young fat a.ss pork chop on the beat
 5 years ago '12        #55
Escargot LL 2 heat pts
space
space
 ALLEEK said:
Vybe don't wanna go mainstream fam. His current hustle got him sitting on more money than alot of these flash in the pan producers

few more months from now we won't even know who Chop is and Vybe will still be on
disagree with that last sentence...

I still really dont know who vybe is... he sold a LOT of music and made a LOT of money out of it. but he aint why i would listen to a track... sh*t, to be honest, if i see his name and johnny juliano... im less inclined to listen to it, because they'll work with anybody who has 25 dollars. im thinkin im gonna hear another corny netcee on a tight beat.

chop may still be around, he'll get another radio hit, and itll at least be with someone people wanna hear.
 5 years ago '05        #56
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 crownedprince said:
Nah it's not... If you have the stems (you made it, so you do) then all you'd have to do is show that you made it first.. It's up to a jury so if you can show like a paper trail of where they would've gotten/heard it (you sent it to X, Y stole it and they're known to work with X) then that's even better.

The moment you create it, you own it.
The benefit to copyrighting it is that if you sue and win, they have to pay all of your legal fees too. You don't get that if you don't copyright. So the lesson is: copyright your sh*t.
 5 years ago '11        #57
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
Just a week ago a lot of you equals proclaimed chop as king yell™
 5 years ago '04        #58
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,170 | Props total: 2384 2384
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
It would still need to be filed if he was goin to take legal action tho.... otherwise it would get thrown out.
False.

kingkoopa50 said:
In the words of two chains, it's a mater of "griming". He definitely has the grind, it's the timing that's hasn't fallen into place.
Vybe has had many chances to break out. He doesn't care.
 5 years ago '04        #59
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,320 | Props total: 288 288
I did not know Precious was making beats....
 5 years ago '09        #60
jmerl321 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$499 | Props total: 165 165
PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE stop posting this n*ggas pics
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
276 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
131 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
56 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
18 hours ago