NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
65 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-16-2013, 10:02 AM         #81
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The thing that I don't like about this is why not make these statements when Skip Bayless was baselessly criticizing Lebron James? This sends the message that it's o.k. for the media to be ignorant but when a player responds to the medias ignorance with their own louder ignorance then "everybody loses" if y'all don't see the hypocrisy in that.
 5 years ago '04        #82
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,037 | Props total: 11838 11838
 Switchc2390 said:
I understand Simmons comments..but why is everyone defending him when he clearly did something stupid in posting it on a social network website? You work for the worldwide leader of sports which has people whose jobs it is just to look at social media websites, and you're gonna say something dumb like this on twitter .

I might be getting a job at ESPN(granted on a much smaller scale), but you can bet I would not be talking junk about the company I'm working for. It's just a dumb thing to do.
Bill's one of the most respected people on the site. I doubt it was simply a lapse in judgment. He prolly knew the repercussions of it.. But the message wasn't lost He's brought so much extra traffic to that site that ESPN should be counting their lucky stars for ever stumbling upon his old blog. I'm one of TONS of people who, for several years, only checked ESPN.com to look at the Sports Guy box and see if he had a new column/podcast up. I still use yahoo sports for looking up scores and sh*t because their interface is better. Bill has stilll got countdown, columns and a podcast to get to his fanbase.. A three day suspension from Twitter ain't sh*t to Bill. He spends twice as much time on his columns, podcasts and on Countdown than he does tweeting Someone needed to say it, because ESPN needed to hear it.I'm guessing the new ESPN ombudsman would be inclined to agree with Bill, a.ssuming he or she has any sense. Plus it'll give him something else to talk about in his next columns/podcasts where he has damn near carte blanch since it's thru Grantland

Last edited by torious; 03-16-2013 at 10:10 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #83
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,983 | Props total: 3263 3263
 torious said:
He prolly knew the repercussions of it.. But the message wasn't lost He's stilll got columns and a podcast to get to his fanbase.. A three day suspension from Twitter ain't sh*t to Bill. He spends twice as much time on his columns, podcasts and on Countdown than he does tweeting Someone needed to say it, because ESPN needed to hear it.I'm guessing the new ESPN ombudsman would be inclined to agree with Bill, a.ssuming he or she has any sense. Plus it'll give him something else to talk about in his next columns/podcasts where he has damn near carte blanch since it's thru Grantland
True. Aint like they're going to pull first take or switch up how it's done right now..it's like that on purpose. They're caking off of it just because of how stupid it is.
 5 years ago '04        #84
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,890 | Props total: 2952 2952
 Tha Problum said:
so franchises don't use the patriots as a measuring stick year in and out? what exactly are you trying to say
no, they don't. i mean thats just the answer to that i dont know what else to say. and no "analyst" will compare every team to their home team that's something fans do. which is fine, be a fan, just dont pretend youre a real analyst
 03-16-2013, 10:15 AM         #85
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tha Problum said:
so franchises don't use the patriots as a measuring stick year in and out? what exactly are you trying to say
No they don't. You're living in the past.
 5 years ago '05        #86
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Bill Simmons is one of the top journalists on ESPN right now but he was a dumbass for doing that. That's some common sense adult real world ethics. If you work for an organization and publicly throw your organization or co-workers under the bus, you'll be lucky not to get fired.
 5 years ago '04        #87
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 Switchc2390 said:
True. Aint like they're going to pull first take or switch up how it's done right now..it's like that on purpose. They're caking off of it just because of how stupid it is.
right. First take is a troll show, a joke.. Bill doesn't really bite his tongue when it comes to criticizing ESPN... he knows he's an indispensable a.sset.. He roasted them about the inordinate amount of coverage Tebowgate and Favre unretirementgate got, but never got severely disciplined for any of it. The higher up you are in an organization the more leeway you get, the way of the world
 03-16-2013, 10:36 AM         #88
Tha Problum 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so now the patriots aint a top afc, and nfl team every single year. can't even take some of you clowns seriously

Simmons >>>

5 years ago '12        #89
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
 Mr Connoisseur said:
Bill Simmonds comes off as the kid who was always picked last,even though he practiced for 6 hours a day.

I hate bill f*ggot simmons
 5 years ago '04        #90
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,890 | Props total: 2952 2952
 Tha Problum said:
so now the patriots aint a top afc, and nfl team every single year. can't even take some of you clowns seriously

Simmons >>>

You are missing the point entirely. first of all, everyone's over the win by 50 every game and score 20 pts in a playoff loss thing. But more importantly, no other analysts are making that point, because theyre not homers. you have to have an impartial view if you want to be a sports analyst. bill simmons can't do that. how else do I have to fu*kin paint it for you
 5 years ago '10        #91
GriffMcfly 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 50 50
dan patrick >>> Skip Bayless
 5 years ago '04        #92
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,918 | Props total: 741 741
 torious said:
right. First take is a troll show, a joke.. Bill doesn't really bite his tongue when it comes to criticizing ESPN... he knows he's an indispensable a.sset.. He roasted them about the inordinate amount of coverage Tebowgate and Favre unretirementgate got, but never got severely disciplined for any of it. The higher up you are in an organization the more leeway you get, the way of the world
This....

And he never hides his fandon for the Boston teams. Hes also a perfect mouthpeice to help the generation gap on stuff like baseball stats etc (which he routinely goes to when talking baseball) He "gets it" from a business standpoint in sports.

Dude is literally just like one of us except he gets to write about it for ESPN
 5 years ago '11        #93
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,257 | Props total: 17710 17710
And this, my n*ggas, is why we refer to him as the OG.

For those who say he was wrong for saying it: how?

ESPN (even though they don't always show it) wants to be known as an company with integrity. If they are showing content with a lack of integrity, who better to say it than the employees? Their actions directly reflect the integrity of the company because they ARE the company.

If you think he cares about getting suspended you forget, there are more ways than twitter that he can communicate with us. Remember, he's a writer, that also does TV, radio podcasts, and video content.

Also, why are we operating off the a.ssumption that he needs ESPN, especially this far in his career? He has his own site, with his own team of writers and content producers. And Besides him and maybe a few others, ESPN doesn't even have the best writers in the game. If ESPN finally gets fed up somwhere along the line and let's him go....Yahoo would break the bank to bring him over to have a simlarly themed site to Grantland. Simmons and Woj, and their collective readerbases......

Can we also compare Bill Simmons to Skip Bayless? Would it be fair?
 5 years ago '04        #94
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
 X_WunderKind_X said:

Can we also compare Bill Simmons to Skip Bayless? Would it be fair?
 5 years ago '04        #95
notoriousthugzz 41 heat pts41
space
space
$18,899 | Props total: 2024 2024
bill simmons is the man.

i wish he wasnt from boston.
 5 years ago '07        #96
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
Thank you. He's right EVERYONE lost.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
182 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy