"If Snoop Were Saying Something, That Negro Would Be Dangerous"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
230 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
108 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
162 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-16-2013, 09:19 AM         #101
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ra-da-god said:
I get what you are trying to say but we can't put it on the rappers alone or hip hop the fans has to take some responsibility as well the labels and radio only respond to the people, in truth I do believe that there is some agenda to keep black people in a state of ignorance in white America so they can continue to be exploited us for our talents but I also KNOW Labels are going to back what makes them money point blank. The ignorance was set into the black community long before Hip hop came along sh*t goes as far as religion and the church with us and spreads through every aspect of our lives most of these rappers are a product of that and since they ARE ignorant they dont know another way so they rap about what they KNOW this is what ignorance means.....

now on to some of your Points, Pac was VERY mainstream and he played both sides and we have to tell the truth as much as we champion him for the conscious songs Brenda's gotta baby ,Keep ya head and Daddy's home Pac sold more records off of negativity and that's on the FANS not Hip hop or the labels, all Pac's sides were promoted just as much by the labels the truth is the So called real Hip Hop Fan doesn't BUY music and that has to change.over the years you name em Nas, Lupe,Mos Def, Common, Pharoah Monch,Kanye west all these artist have been in the game for years and has had mainstream exposure but most have failed to make huge sales past gold despite that push that's on the fans bruh because alot hip hop purist believe the music should be free because its art dont believe watch the Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme documentary....

like I said I do believe its an agenda to keep us ignorant but it goes far beyond music bro its everywhere in america, our communities as we are not unified and in control of them ,Our eduction system as it does nothing to empower children and motivate them to succeed, our music (all genres) as we are not in control of it, our religious structure as most of us are followers of the European christian faith this why people like Marcus Garvey, Malachi York and Malcom X have all been k!lled or incarcerated because they all taught that if we were ever to be truely free from the pale man's hold we would have to completely remove oorselves from his world and have our OWN...

not saying you are completely wrong cause you're not but its Deeper than rap fam

you must have missed this

create a side show for other races to embrace while not being a part of.
Like homie said, we know hip hop fans been mainly white since the late 80s. The majority of hip hop fans who are non-black just want to see a minstrel show, which fits the depiction of how they think black people should act, due to how they've been brainwashed by the media.

You get prime examples of BX, someone makes a thread showing black people in a negative light and it get X amount of replies, no one batters an eyelid.

Make a positive thread about black people and no one cares. Or you'll get labelled "Afrocentric" a title used and created by the oppressors to stop black people from empowering themselves.

The majority of hip hop fans who happen to be non black, don't wanna see an ideology of the black man that doesn't fit their stereotype

Same reason why we gotta act like a white person if we wna get anywhere in life

Back to my original point. These peoples minds have been shaped and manufactured by that box in a room you call a tv. For all your life, since your mum put you infront of the tv and used it as a baby sitter. The TV has been spewing out, subconscious racism, racist innuendo, stereotypes etc etc etc.

These non black hip hop fans who make up the majority of hip hop sales and have done for the last 20 years. Wanna hear the sh*t they see in the Hollywood films... that exploit black people. in the tv shows... that exploit black people, on the websites (wshh) ...that exploit black people, in the newspaper.. that exploits black people

you gotta look beyond the first facts you come to, to get to the real knowledge

Last edited by A6249CF; 03-16-2013 at 09:23 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #102
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,477 | Props total: 636 636
A Platinum thread on Bx about the power of positive hip-hop music and how things can be changed?

This is history in the making. I'm proud of y'all.
 5 years ago '05        #103
nupe1911 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,357 | Props total: 594 594
 YI-Drizzy said:
you cant just up and change the culture with a few songs unless youre pac
And that's why they k!lled him. The man was too powerful and also too radical. Any black man that changes black people's lives for the better becomes a target. A black man that starts talking revolution on the behalf of his people dies. Plain and simple.
 5 years ago '05        #104
nupe1911 2 heat pts
space
space
space
Also this is one of the best threads ever created on BX
 03-16-2013, 11:34 AM         #105
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's kind of funny to think that Trinidad James, Kreayshawn and Chief Keef got these million+ advances for ignorant sh*t and guys like Ab-Soul for the most part have to scrape and f!ght for a deal.
 5 years ago '05        #106
nupe1911 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 Arson said:
ya missed the point of the post.

The guy I was responding to said DMX and 50 could have put out the same records as Lupe at the height of their careers and made an impact because they were more high profile. I responded by saying their hard raps/image got them to the position they were in to be considered high profile in the first place. If they decided to switch up at a whim and go pro-black with their music, that relevancy is instantly negated because it goes against what got them that relevancy in the first place. If a DMX or 50 Cent came out the gate pro-black, they wouldn't have reached even a fraction of the relevancy they had because pro-black music doesn't move units like that.

jay told n*ggas 10 years ago

If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyricly
Talib Kweli
Truthfully
I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
(But i did five Mil)
I ain't been rhymin like Common since

no amount of marketing dollars is going to turn a conscious/pro-black/militant rapper into a platinum artist in the 2000s. If it was possible they would have done it already.
Hard Knock Life was Jay's biggest single and it was his attempt at sending a positive messge while telling a story. This track crossed him over to mainstream.
 03-16-2013, 12:01 PM         #107
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
ya missed the point of the post.

The guy I was responding to said DMX and 50 could have put out the same records as Lupe at the height of their careers and made an impact because they were more high profile. I responded by saying their hard raps/image got them to the position they were in to be considered high profile in the first place. If they decided to switch up at a whim and go pro-black with their music, that relevancy is instantly negated because it goes against what got them that relevancy in the first place. If a DMX or 50 Cent came out the gate pro-black, they wouldn't have reached even a fraction of the relevancy they had because pro-black music doesn't move units like that.

jay told n*ggas 10 years ago

If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyricly
Talib Kweli
Truthfully
I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
(But i did five Mil)
I ain't been rhymin like Common since

no amount of marketing dollars is going to turn a conscious/pro-black/militant rapper into a platinum artist in the 2000s. If it was possible they would have done it already.

[pic - click to view]

literally my reaction
But can we honestly imagine Record companies co-operating with artists to empower black people for the greater good? hmmmmm
 03-16-2013, 12:11 PM         #108
YoungPimpin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Matt504 said:

n*ggas wake up in multi-million dollar mansions in SECURE and SAFE communities, go downstairs two floors into the built in home studio, and make music about n*ggas shooting each other.

but nah, let me stop all this "hating"
 03-16-2013, 12:29 PM         #109
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
don't think i was done with this

Even though this comment is illogical, for arguments sake

-Quote from a post I made in KC

Heres my two pence on Kanye for your time. Personally, I think his mum dying might have been them sending a message to him. When you look back at him speaking out about Bush n sh-t, that was real brave. I don't think we've ever seen a high profile rapper do something like that since Pac In his early work you can see he had a message "Racism still alive, they just be concealing it"

1:20 secs

[video - click to view]

His dad, Ray West, was a Black Panther. In the ’60s and ’70s, Mr. West fought for the rights of African-Americans and against racism as a member of the Black Panther Party, and later became one of the first black photojournalists at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

In a nutshell if you're black and at the top you have to play by their rules or you get a.ssassinated, unlawfully imprisoned for life or exiled. Am I right?

Best believe Kanye thought he could go the Pac route, before he got the "message"

PS: 3.1 million copies- College Dropout

Last edited by A6249CF; 03-16-2013 at 12:32 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #110
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,037 | Props total: 1020 1020
 mR ReZiW said:
don't think i was done with this

Even though this comment is illogical, for arguments sake

-Quote from a post I made in KC

Heres my two pence on Kanye for your time. Personally, I think his mum dying might have been them sending a message to him. When you look back at him speaking out about Bush n sh-t, that was real brave. I don't think we've ever seen a high profile rapper do something like that since Pac In his early work you can see he had a message "Racism still alive, they just be concealing it"

1:20 secs

His dad, Ray West, was a Black Panther. In the ’60s and ’70s, Mr. West fought for the rights of African-Americans and against racism as a member of the Black Panther Party, and later became one of the first black photojournalists at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution

In a nutshell if you're black and at the top you have to play by their rules or you get a.ssassinated, unlawfully imprisoned for life or exiled. Am I right?

Best believe Kanye thought he could go the Pac route, before he got the "message"

PS: 3.1 million copies- College Dropout

Idk, I think his mom passing was just something that could happen to anyone, not really a conspiracy imo. Kanye's music still puts messages in his music, so if you're right about the conspiracy theory, then that means the next step is to take him out because he's still making songs like:

My Chains Heavy
His verse in New God Flow
Gorgeous
murder to Excellence
Welcome to the Jungle
Power
All The Lights
Who Will Survive in America
 03-16-2013, 10:14 PM         #111
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A-L-P said:
Idk, I think his mom passing was just something that could happen to anyone, not really a conspiracy imo. Kanye's music still puts messages in his music, so if you're right about the conspiracy theory, then that means the next step is to take him out because he's still making songs like:

My Chains Heavy
His verse in New God Flow
Gorgeous
murder to Excellence
Welcome to the Jungle
Power
All The Lights
Who Will Survive in America
You do know his mum died while getting a tummy tuck done right?

Kanye NO WHERE near the end conscious level he was at at the beginning of his career. His material got watered down like fu*k out, who you kidding
 5 years ago '11        #112
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,745 | Props total: 4938 4938
"If Bx was Saying Something, Those Negros Would Be Dangerous"
 5 years ago '05        #113
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
People say a lot of sh*t about rappers with messages getting a.ssassinated. Really it's more of a matter of rappers with messages getting screwed out of a deal. Too Short said he wanted to put out a street-level conscious joint and the labels made him do the raunchy album. Take Nas too...in the 2000s he was tons more controversial than before speaking about government, racism, and whatnot. Prodigy been speaking about it for years.

Point is those rappers have to one point or another faded from relevance but, they're not fu*kin dead.
 5 years ago '05        #114
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
 BtMkRs said:
"If people could hear Bx was Saying Something, Those Negros Would Be Dangerous"
fixed.
 03-16-2013, 10:50 PM         #115
BALLONHOES 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When I see celebrities who have like 10 MILLION followers on twitter and I read their trivial pointless bullsh*t tweets I just shake my head at the wasted opportunity to speak on some real sh*t...
 5 years ago '12        #116
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
space
$4,447 | Props total: 2991 2991
 Ra-da-god said:
but that's ALWAYS been the demographic buying cd's and going to shows its always been white suburban kids because n*ggas from the hood dont support sh*t be it conscious or ignorance....

and the white suburban kids are the same ones going to the Real hip hop shows too I went to rock the bells back in 00' 90% of the audience were white kids same thing for the Jay-z and friends, glow in the dark watch the throne and almost every big hip hop concert I've ever been too except the Hardknock life tour

White people even support "real" hip hop more than black people so like I said you gotta put alot of it on the fans.....you go to a site like Last Fm artist like Talib Kweli and Lupe Fiasco have millions of listeners so its not like they dont have the base its just that for some reason "hip hop" fans feel they dont need to actually support their artist to support them...

I guarantee you If Lupe's first album would have done 50 cent number the labels would have followed the trend the fans gotta get involved thats the only way...

IF YOU WANT MORE POSITIVE HIP HOP ON THE RADIO/TV MAINSTREAM YOU HAVE TO BUY THEIR ALBUMS AND SUPPORT THEIR BRAND
This is true.
 5 years ago '12        #117
space
space
space
 majestic75 said:
They brainwashed an entire legion of kids living in the projects into thinking it's cool to live way outside their means to appear like they have money (everyone knows you're fronting, BTW). If they used the total opposite theme in the music then black people might actually begin working towards some real spending power. We might even start owning the businesses in our own damn communities, instead of people that think we're savages profiting off of us.
This is true, too.
 5 years ago '12        #118
space
space
space
 Dangerously said:
It's kind of funny to think that Trinidad James, Kreayshawn and Chief Keef got these million+ advances for ignorant sh*t and guys like Ab-Soul for the most part have to scrape and f!ght for a deal.
What k!lls me even more about that is not just their subject matter. It's the fact that they have no skill at all. Jadakiss, by all accounts, is a gangster rapper. With the exception of "Why," very rarely is positivity in any of his music. But I always rocked with Jadakiss because to me, he has always been one of the best lyricists in the game. His talent and ability make me listen and pay attention even if I don't always agree with the subject matter.

When I hear a 2 Chainz, Trinidad James, or Chief Keef song, I literally cringe at how awful it is. They literally aren't saying anything, yet they could drop a video tomorrow and have a 1 million+ views on Youtube by the end of the week. Trinidad James just started rapping a year ago and already signed to a deal. I know cats from my hometown who could literally rap circles around these dudes, been rapping for 10 years, and probably won't ever come close to signing a deal.
 5 years ago '12        #119
space
space
space
 BALLONHOES said:
When I see celebrities who have like 10 MILLION followers on twitter and I read their trivial pointless bullsh*t tweets I just shake my head at the wasted opportunity to speak on some real sh*t...
This bothers me too, especially pro athletes. Back in the day, athletes like Muhammad Ali, Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul-Jabaar, Jackie Robinson, and Jim Brown stood at the top of their respective sports and used their platforms to bring attention to social issues. The modern-day athlete, however, just wants to take his money and run ... literally and figuratively. Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, those cats could literally change the world tomorrow with one tweet or quote -- or at least get the conversation started regarding a specific social issue. I guess we'll have to hope that Tim Tebow somehow becomes a good quarterback someday LOL. At least he seems willing to take a stand.
 5 years ago '12        #120
space
space
space
In regard to a positive rapper's ability to sell, I think a lot of it comes down to promotion and marketing. Someone already mentioned the numbers Kanye was doing when he first came out, although I would agree that the positivity in his music has regressed somewhat in recent years.

And I already posted some positive hip-hop songs from the early 2000's that did well on the Billboard music charts.

I remember reading an article regarding why more positive black movies aren't made in Hollywood. Spike Lee has talked about it over his career and how it's harder for him to get money from studios to make movies. Meanwhile, Tyler Perry comes into the game and already is like 13 or 14 movies deep, surpassing Spike Lee who's been doing it for nearly 30 years.

The response that the Hollywood studios always gives is that they simply don't know how to market positive black films. True story. I wish I was making it up. In fact, I think I read that quote from a George Lucas article when he was about to release Red Tails. Even the immortal George Lucas, creator of one of the biggest movie franchises of all times, Star Wars, had trouble securing funding to make Red Tails.

Here's the link to one article where George Lucas talks about that:
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
60 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
19 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
102 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
33 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Report: Rival executives believe Rockets are legitimate threat to sign LeB..
64 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
167 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy