"If Snoop Were Saying Something, That Negro Would Be Dangerous"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
131 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
104 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #81
En Sabah Nur 
space
space
$666 | Props total: 9 9
 240ka said:
Will you n*ggas stop mentioning pacs angry and confused a.ss. How old are y'all bc y'all act like that n*gga did something for our community when he didn't

5 years ago '08        #82
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,481 | Props total: 649 649
 5 years ago '04        #83
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 Account001 said:
You the other dumbass fu*king up the thread... contribute to the topic or leave.

This TOO, is a positive message

I said what I had to say. I'm not going to force my views on everybody like some folks.

5 years ago '05        #84
PCP MC 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,347 | Props total: 0 0
I go by the standard that the people that are going to willingly lap up anything pushed at them by the radio, are the people I'm not going to give that much of a fu*k about. Not just in a race or class sense, I know hood dudes who are at least into bars even if they like different music than I do. I also know uppercrust white guys who like the radio sh*t and try to emulate it on expensive equipment because they genuinely think it's good, basically only because of the brainwashing effect when you play it that many times, and because it incites people to start getting all loud and reckless and sh*t. No matter who you are, if that's you, I probably won't get along with you any fu*kin way.
 5 years ago '10        #85
wwwdotcom 20 heat pts20
space
space
$622 | Props total: 197 197
Tavis Smiley is hands down America's best journalist.
 5 years ago '06        #86
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$7,371 | Props total: 4644 4644
"Artist" is being thrown around too loosely. The definition of that word now has deviated from its original.

IMO the lack of more cerebral rap is because a lot of these rappers aren't really artists. They are walking billboards, they are mini-businesses, marketing firms, etc. The success of hip-hop (it's popularity) plus how fast technology has accelerated (now damn near every home, regardless of income, has a computer and internet) has made it easier for people to "break in" the business. You have relatively low start-up costs and overhead. And it doesn't necessarily require refined skill. So much of hip-hop music follows the same formula. Many of these new cats are buying into a franchise.

They don't care about the artistry. There's no feeling of accountability for many of the new-comers. They're just looking for a come-up.
 5 years ago '12        #87
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
space
$4,457 | Props total: 3052 3052
 hou12 said:
The things you consider negative, others may consider positive. And vice versa. Please remember that. We're all individuals.

Example: Many people believe that marijuana is negative. At the same time many people believe that marijuana is positive. It can never actually be determined which side is wrong, because all this is is opinion. Opinion is not fact.

Calling a rapper negative, or positive, this is just opinion.

Many people relate to this "negative" music. And these people would never relate to "positive" music. Are they wrong for enjoying what they enjoy?

Nothing will change. While "negative" is in the forefront, people will want more "positive". When "positive" is in the forefront, people will want more "negative".

Having "positive" music all over the radio will not change society, because the music doesn't stop the realities of what's going on. "Positive" music used to dominate the airwaves, yet there were still countless "negative" things going on in society.

If "negative" music currently dominates the airwaves, does that mean that there is nothing positive happening in society? I don't think so. It's all about perspective, and what you choose to look at. Do you tend to notice the negative that's going on or the positive? Because there has always been, and there will always be, both. Duality.

Ponder this.
There has always been positive vs negative, good vs evil within every civilization since the creation of mankind. I'm not saying that if mainstream rap became positive again that all of the negativity within the black community would disappear. What I'm considering is the fact that we (meaning blacks) rank at the bottom of nearly every statistical category within the United States: high school graduation completion, median household income, two-parent households, highest incarceration rate, highest HIV rate, etc. etc. However, our music reflects that we only have time to party, pop mollies, sweat, and blow money fast. Nevermind banding together through our music to reduce black on black crime, fatherless homes, and things like that.

"Ain't nobody got time for that!" - Sweet Brown

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 03-15-2013 at 09:36 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #88
gmurphy78 
space
space
space
$34 | Props total: 0 0
I seen something about how the devil was the minster of music in heaven before he was cast to hell by God. That said it also talked about how the devil used hard rock to influence people in the 80's and 90's. Rap is how the devil influence 2000 and beyond. It was a pretty good movie.
 5 years ago '04        #89
babalou 
space
space
$12,433 | Props total: 17 17
 mR ReZiW said:
record companies promote this sh*t. We'll never see a black nationalist rapper like pac, because they dont want that

mainstream rappers sell their soul to sell poison to the black youths and create a side show for other races to embrace while not being a part of.

People will say "no one wants to hear positive rap". Believe me when I say, through advertising and media the record companies can manipulate what the masses like.

But can we honestly imagine Record companies co-operating with artists to empower black people for the greater good? hmmmmm
BINGO

these companies will never "fu*k up" again and sign a dude like Pac to a mainstream deal EVER AGAIN. I'm sure Interscope thought they were getting the Digital Underground 2Pac but got a Panther instead.

A rapper would have to have a clear cut message about some real sh*t from day one. People wont take Snoop seriously with this Snoop Lion sh*t because his persona has been about being a weed head, fake pimp, a Crip and even a n*gga who made a pr0no. you cant just switch it up when your reputation has been cemented on the party and bullsh*t lifestyle,

now people can change but, its about what you have been promoted as first that people will remember
 5 years ago '04        #90
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,483 | Props total: 2722 2722

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #91
GrindPOWER$ 390 heat pts390
space
space
$19,284 | Props total: 12567 12567
they don't want uplifting messages in hip hop reason being people don't buy positive music its rare they allow you a positive track i tell you when rappers are held accountable for their music they will start wising up but i can't blame the rappers the are mindless drones used by label heads to break the black race and these kids need to clam their a.ss down and know its entertainment because nobody wants to die too much money in this game but know you got the kids listen so try and throw some real in your music tell both side of the coin.

Last edited by GrindPOWER$; 03-16-2013 at 01:41 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #92
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,486 | Props total: 14772 14772
There are several rappers that have positive subject matter and message in their music, but idiots buy the ignorant sh*t and the radio plays the ignorant sh*t.
 5 years ago '07        #93
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
space
$30,491 | Props total: 14998 14998
chuck d>pac

people gravitated toward pac cuz of the persona he rathered be known for the cases than his music

anyway public enemy had f!ght the power 911 a joke in rotation on mtv in the afternoon back in the day

i bet if any popular rap artist gets the right beat and drops a positive message it will airplay
 5 years ago '12        #94
space
space
space
It wasn't that long ago when hip-hop songs with substance cracked the charts...

(Reached #12 on Billboard Hot 100 Charts, Nas' highest charting single to date)

[video - click to view]

(Reached #11 on Billboard Hot 100 Charts, #4 on Hip-Hop/R & B Charts, Jadakiss' highest charting single to date)

[video - click to view]

(Reached #3 on Canada 100 Charters despite never being released as an official single)

[video - click to view]

(Didn't crack the Billboard Hot 100, but it did reach #10 of the Billboard Under Hot 100 list)

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #95
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 mR ReZiW said:
record companies promote this sh*t. We'll never see a black nationalist rapper like pac, because they dont want that

mainstream rappers sell their soul to sell poison to the black youths and create a side show for other races to embrace while not being a part of.

People will say "no one wants to hear positive rap". Believe me when I say, through advertising and media the record companies can manipulate what the masses like.

But can we honestly imagine Record companies co-operating with artists to empower black people for the greater good? hmmmmm
I get what you are trying to say but we can't put it on the rappers alone or hip hop the fans has to take some responsibility as well the labels and radio only respond to the people, in truth I do believe that there is some agenda to keep black people in a state of ignorance in white America so they can continue to be exploited us for our talents but I also KNOW Labels are going to back what makes them money point blank. The ignorance was set into the black community long before Hip hop came along sh*t goes as far as religion and the church with us and spreads through every aspect of our lives most of these rappers are a product of that and since they ARE ignorant they dont know another way so they rap about what they KNOW this is what ignorance means.....

now on to some of your Points, Pac was VERY mainstream and he played both sides and we have to tell the truth as much as we champion him for the conscious songs Brenda's gotta baby ,Keep ya head and Daddy's home Pac sold more records off of negativity and that's on the FANS not Hip hop or the labels, all Pac's sides were promoted just as much by the labels the truth is the So called real Hip Hop Fan doesn't BUY music and that has to change.over the years you name em Nas, Lupe,Mos Def, Common, Pharoah Monch,Kanye west all these artist have been in the game for years and has had mainstream exposure but most have failed to make huge sales past gold despite that push that's on the fans bruh because alot hip hop purist believe the music should be free because its art dont believe watch the Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme documentary....

like I said I do believe its an agenda to keep us ignorant but it goes far beyond music bro its everywhere in america, our communities as we are not unified and in control of them ,Our eduction system as it does nothing to empower children and motivate them to succeed, our music (all genres) as we are not in control of it, our religious structure as most of us are followers of the European christian faith this why people like Marcus Garvey, Malachi York and Malcom X have all been k!lled or incarcerated because they all taught that if we were ever to be truely free from the pale man's hold we would have to completely remove oorselves from his world and have our OWN...

not saying you are completely wrong cause you're not but its Deeper than rap fam

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 03-16-2013 at 04:33 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #96
space
space
space

[video - click to view]

Feeling this right here.
 5 years ago '08        #97
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
 Matt504 said:

So fu*king what?

what are they gonna say?

"that's fu*ked up, all this positive a.ss music, where the songs with n*ggas selling drugs or shooting each other"

If an artist choosing to make positive records over negative records infuriates n*ggas, then they need to reevaluate life, fu*k them n*ggas.
ya missed the point of the post.

The guy I was responding to said DMX and 50 could have put out the same records as Lupe at the height of their careers and made an impact because they were more high profile. I responded by saying their hard raps/image got them to the position they were in to be considered high profile in the first place. If they decided to switch up at a whim and go pro-black with their music, that relevancy is instantly negated because it goes against what got them that relevancy in the first place. If a DMX or 50 Cent came out the gate pro-black, they wouldn't have reached even a fraction of the relevancy they had because pro-black music doesn't move units like that.

jay told n*ggas 10 years ago

If skills sold
Truth be told
I'd probably be
Lyricly
Talib Kweli
Truthfully
I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
(But i did five Mil)
I ain't been rhymin like Common since

no amount of marketing dollars is going to turn a conscious/pro-black/militant rapper into a platinum artist in the 2000s. If it was possible they would have done it already.

Last edited by Arson; 03-16-2013 at 04:32 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #98
space
space
space
 Ra-da-god said:
I get what you are trying to say but we can't put it on the rappers alone or hip hop the fans has to take some responsibility as well the labels and radio only respond to the people, in truth I do believe that there is some agenda to keep black people in a state of ignorance in white America so they can continue to be exploited us for our talents but I also KNOW Labels are going to back what makes them money point blank. The ignorance was set into the black community long before Hip hop came along sh*t goes as far as religion and the church with us and spreads through every aspect of our lives most of these rappers are a product of that and since they ARE ignorant they dont know another way so they rap about what they KNOW this is what ignorance means.....

now on to some of your Points, Pac was VERY mainstream and he played both sides and we have to tell the truth as much as we champion him for the conscious songs Brenda's gotta baby ,Keep ya head and Daddy's home Pac sold more records off of negativity and that's on the FANS not Hip hop or the labels, all Pac's sides were promoted just as much by the labels the truth is the So called real Hip Hop Fan doesn't BUY music and that has to change.over the years you name em Nas, Lupe,Mos Def, Common, Pharoah Monch,Kanye west all these artist have been in the game for years and has had mainstream exposure but most have failed to make huge sales past gold despite that push that's on the fans bruh because alot hip hop purist believe the music should be free because its art dont believe watch the Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme documentary....

like I said I do believe its an agenda to keep us ignorant but it goes far beyond music bro its everywhere in america, our communities as we are not unified and in control of them ,Our eduction system as it does nothing to empower children and motivate them to succeed, our music (all genres) as we are not in control of it, our religious structure as most of us are followers of the European christian faith this why people like Marcus Garvey, Malachi York and Malcom X have all been k!lled or incarcerated because they all taught that if we were ever to be truely free from the pale man's hold we would have to completely remove oorselves from his world and have our OWN...

its Deeper than rap fam
But which demographic makes up the largest portion of hip-hop fans? It's no longer kids from the inner city. It's white kids from suburbia. If an artist talks about the conditions of the inner city, they can't relate, so they don't pay attention. But dancing, partying, having a good time, everybody can relate to that, so that's the kind of hip-hop music those fans flock to. The record labels see that this sells, so they push more of it until it becomes a trend, then kids from the inner cities began to demand more of it as well because they hear it so often on the radio. Guess who owns the radio stations and BET, MTV, VH1, etc.? Here's a hint: their skin color is not the same as the majority of inner-city hip-hop fans.

I guess the real struggle will be to campaign the suburban kids and getting them to stop demanding ignorant music since they are the ones buying.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 03-17-2013 at 02:32 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #99
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1572 1572
 Bravo Golf said:
But which demographic makes up the largest portion of hip-hop fans? It's no longer kids from the inner city. It's white kids from suburbia. If an artist talks about the conditions of the inner city, they can't relate, so they don't pay attention. But dancing, partying, having a good time, everybody can relate to that, so that's the kind of hip-hop music those fans flock to. The record labels see that this sells, so they push more of it until it becomes a trend, then kids from the inner cities began to demand more of it as well because they hear it so often on the radio. Guess who owns the radio stations and BET, MTV, VH1, etc.? Here's a hint: there skin color is not the same as the majority of hip-hop audiences.

I guess the real struggle will be to campaign the suburban kids and getting them to stop demanding ignorant music since they are the ones buying.
but that's ALWAYS been the demographic buying cd's and going to shows its always been white suburban kids because n*ggas from the hood dont support sh*t be it conscious or ignorance....

and the white suburban kids are the same ones going to the Real hip hop shows too I went to rock the bells back in 00' 90% of the audience were white kids same thing for the Jay-z and friends, glow in the dark watch the throne and almost every big hip hop concert I've ever been too except the Hardknock life tour

White people even support "real" hip hop more than black people so like I said you gotta put alot of it on the fans.....you go to a site like Last Fm artist like Talib Kweli and Lupe Fiasco have millions of listeners so its not like they dont have the base its just that for some reason "hip hop" fans feel they dont need to actually support their artist to support them...

I guarantee you If Lupe's first album would have done 50 cent number the labels would have followed the trend the fans gotta get involved thats the only way...

IF YOU WANT MORE POSITIVE HIP HOP ON THE RADIO/TV MAINSTREAM YOU HAVE TO BUY THEIR ALBUMS AND SUPPORT THEIR BRAND
 5 years ago '04        #100
dblock187s 27 heat pts27
space
space
$10,825 | Props total: 2287 2287
 YI-Drizzy said:
you cant just up and change the culture with a few songs unless youre pac
all it takes is one song and you cant change anything if you never try
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
150 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
73 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy