Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
139 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
113 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #61
gizzle 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,230 | Props total: 834 834
they should make an app whenever you wanna k!ll someone bob marley's 3 little birds plays and every little thing gonna be alright
 5 years ago '11        #62
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,762 | Props total: 4968 4968
Yea, there was no violence before Black people started making music ....
World War 2 ..... All Because Hitler got caught up in the East Coast / West Coast Beef

People always looking for a Savior. Save yourself & your own kids .
 5 years ago '12        #63
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 908 908
The things you consider negative, others may consider positive. And vice versa. Please remember that. We're all individuals.

Example: Many people believe that marijuana is negative. At the same time many people believe that marijuana is positive. It can never actually be determined which side is wrong, because all this is is opinion. Opinion is not fact.

Calling a rapper negative, or positive, this is just opinion.

Many people relate to this "negative" music. And these people would never relate to "positive" music. Are they wrong for enjoying what they enjoy?

Nothing will change. While "negative" is in the forefront, people will want more "positive". When "positive" is in the forefront, people will want more "negative".

Having "positive" music all over the radio will not change society, because the music doesn't stop the realities of what's going on. "Positive" music used to dominate the airwaves, yet there were still countless "negative" things going on in society.

If "negative" music currently dominates the airwaves, does that mean that there is nothing positive happening in society? I don't think so. It's all about perspective, and what you choose to look at. Do you tend to notice the negative that's going on or the positive? Because there has always been, and there will always be, both. Duality.

Ponder this.
 5 years ago '11        #64
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,408 | Props total: 3973 3973
I feel like Kendrick Lamar has made a move in a positive direction, and he has been critically acclaimed and embraced by the industry. I definitely think it can happen, but it will take a loooong time, and n*ggaz gotta start caring about more than "pus*y, money, weed". Remember that being black didn't start after the crack boom, and get back to the time when we had self respect and respect for our brother's and sisters (of all races).
 5 years ago '12        #65
hou12 
space
space
You completely missed the point of what I was saying. Did you even read it?

Last edited by hou12; 03-15-2013 at 02:13 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #66
hou12 
space
space
 Matt504 said:
is an artist rapping about: selling drugs, treating women disrespectfully, and murdering each other, positive in your opinion, or is there a duality I'm missing?

No. But that's just my opinion, not fact. That doesn't eliminate the reality of it. Didn't these things all still happen when Marvin Gaye & Michael Jackson were making positive music? And ten years before that? And ten years before that? And ten years before that? Or are we gonna pretend it didn't?

How do you not get what I mean by duality?
 03-15-2013, 02:22 PM         #67
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
is it more a case of black people never rocking with lupe as oppose to his msg? I would say lupe hasnt got a high enough profile in the black community to turn heads

but hypothetically in the midst on 99, if DMX,or 50 in 03. covered the same content as lupe would they have turnt heads? imho i think so
if dmx or 50 ended up rapping only about positive things, would they remain or even be able to get to that position of popularity?

if they done half half wouldnt that of been contradictory so the glorification of violence etc would still of had the same effect?

theirs always the path to going independent. The ability to preach to the masses if the right person has the talent will always be there. Most people are just too consumed with other things to hear it, unless it sounds utterly amazing
 03-15-2013, 02:30 PM         #68
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
To this day people don't rock with 50 because he "went soft" and stopped rappin about nothing but street sh*t on (good)hard beats. If Get Rich or Die Tryin dropped and it was nothing but political rap with in da club as nothing but a bonus cut n*ggas would be furious.
Why it gotta be political rap though? this is exactly how we play into the hands of our oppressors (eluding to our use of the n word) Pac been making politically charged rap. And no surprise they mixed down and chop the lyrics up to this song before releasing to the masses

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

how we gonna alienate a movement thats in place to empower us? We gonna act like we ALL haven't got down to politically charged rap before?

The only difference is HOW the politically charged rap is dressed up, wrapped up and presented to you.

If one of these men say- "lets get the drugs out the hood, start investing in our own community, improve our schools, the government don't care about the hood" who you gonna rock with?

A)

[pic - click to view]

B)

[pic - click to view]

C)

[pic - click to view]

D)

[pic - click to view]

The average person from the hood gonna support the person that looks like they're from the hoood. you see my point? You don't think the record execs know this?
 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM         #69
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sniggit said:
if dmx or 50 ended up rapping only about positive things, would they remain or even be able to get to that position of popularity?

if they done half half wouldnt that of been contradictory so the glorification of violence etc would still of had the same effect?

theirs always the path to going independent. The ability to preach to the masses if the right person has the talent will always be there. Most people are just too consumed with other things to hear it, unless it sounds utterly amazing
refer to the above post

off course they would. You trully believe rap/rappers have to be negative to do numbers? lol thats some stupid sh*t

I will agree, controversy sells, and the record execs knew that. They also knew how much influence rap had, to the point people who don't know a single black person would see this negativity and quickly attribute these traits to the majority of black males. They also knew black males would view the negativity as something to aspire to. So they winning from all angles

Like I said in a earlier post, The Music industry controls whats hot and whats not, they dictate whats hot and whats not. They know whats gonna be the Jam for this summer

The human mind is subjective by nature and they know this.

Proof check-

NWA- The pioneers of Gangsta rap, manufactured by record execs

These n*ggas’ll k!ll for that, put it in your grill for that
Still everybody gotta build for that, me? I make mills off that
- Dr Dre

And he has been rewarded greatly for his efforts

-----------------------

Nice to see this thread getting views. We can all learn something
 5 years ago '10        #70
trill jackson 740 heat pts740
space
space
$18,901 | Props total: 13505 13505
i'll always say public enemy is the best group ever cause they had the whole hip hop community reading sh*t like the autobiography of malcolm x and soul on ice. it was hip to have knowledge of self. and the music was dope so they were performing a double duty. them dudes don't get enough credit
 03-15-2013, 03:13 PM         #71
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 trill jackson said:
i'll always say public enemy is the best group ever cause they had the whole hip hop community reading sh*t like the autobiography of malcolm x and soul on ice. it was hip to have knowledge of self. and the music was dope so they were performing a double duty. them dudes don't get enough credit
This is relevant

Before the release of It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Professor Griff, in his role as Minister of Information, gave interviews to UK magazines on behalf of Public Enemy, during which he made homophobic and anti-Semitic remarks.[1][2] However, there was little controversy until May 22, 1989, when Griffin was interviewed by the Washington Times. At the time, Public Enemy enjoyed unprecedented mainstream attention with the single "f!ght the Power" from the soundtrack of Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing.

During the interview with David Mills, Griffin made numerous statements such as "Jews are responsible for the majority of the wickedness in the world".[3][4] When the interview was published, a media firestorm emerged, and the band found themselves under intense
scrutiny

In a series of press conferences, Griffin was either fired, quit, or never left. Def Jam co-founder Rick Rubin had already left the label by then; taking his place alongside Russell Simmons was Lyor Cohen, the son of Israeli immigrants who had run Rush Artist Management since 1985.

You can have your own opinion on his comments. But lets be clear here, how many "celebrities" have made derogatory comments about black people and were still allowed to eat?

It's pretty clear Griff was a driving force behind the groups politically charged stance, he had to be taken out the equation somehow.

Griff also pointed out that not only were his words taken out of context, but that the recording was never released to the public for an unbiased listen.
 5 years ago '10        #72
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
 hou12 said:
The things you consider negative, others may consider positive. And vice versa. Please remember that. We're all individuals.

Example: Many people believe that marijuana is negative. At the same time many people believe that marijuana is positive. It can never actually be determined which side is wrong, because all this is is opinion. Opinion is not fact.

Many people relate to this "negative" music. And these people would never relate to "positive" music. Are they wrong for enjoying what they enjoy?

Nothing will change. While "negative" is in the forefront, people will want more "positive". When "positive" is in the forefront, people will want more "negative".

Having "positive" music all over the radio will not change society, because the music doesn't stop the realities of what's going on. "Positive" music used to dominate the airwaves, yet there were still countless "negative" things going on in society.

If "negative" music currently dominates the airwaves, does that mean that there is nothing positive happening in society? I don't think so. It's all about perspective, and what you choose to look at. Do you tend to notice the negative that's going on or the positive? Because there has always been, and there will always be, both. Duality.

Ponder this.
STFU!!! this is a positive message
 5 years ago '12        #73
hou12 
space
space
 Account001 said:
STFU!!! this is a positive message
 5 years ago '06        #74
on_my_grind 6 heat pts
space
space
$2,196 | Props total: 2287 2287
if Snoop COULD say something that negro would be dangerous then dead
 5 years ago '04        #75
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 hou12 said:

Ponder this.
My man...

5 years ago '10        #76
420Heat 8 heat pts
space
space
$8,801 | Props total: 5237 5237
snoop dogg illuminati he dont have a choice in da matter

private prisons illuminATI BUDDA KWAI
 5 years ago '10        #77
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
 Bedewe22 said:
My man...

You the other dumbass fu*king up the thread... contribute to the topic or leave.

This TOO, is a positive message
 5 years ago '08        #78
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,481 | Props total: 649 649
 Matt504 said:
duality

I'm sure there are beautiful birds chirping against a peaceful sunset at the exact moment a poor kid in Chicago gets shot.

3,000 abortions every day of the week, but at least those ladies have a second chance at getting pregnant again, which gives them a second chance for another abortion.

even if the communities that are depicted in rap music are continuing to k!ll each other in large numbers, at least there's a rap artist who can rap about it an monetize destruction and suffering.

at least he can take those dollars made by rapping about Black men k!lling other Black men, and use some of them to build a community center, speak positive words at the community center, and promote his violence filled album at the community center.

sweet, sweet duality.

"so what if there's negative stuff happening, just focus on the positives and everything will be fine"
You're k!llin' 'em!
 5 years ago '12        #79
hou12 
space
space
 tonystarks21 said:
have you guys ever thought that most these rappers don't want to make that postive type of music because thats just not them... they don't like rapping about that sh*t because they're not inspire to make postive music...they don't believe it, it doesn't fuel/motivate them. rapping about money cars and bi*ches is what fuels them...thats when they're having fun and comfortable. you're trying to force rappers to make music thats totally opposite about who they are as a person/
 03-15-2013, 04:06 PM         #80
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mR ReZiW said:
refer to the above post

off course they would. You trully believe rap/rappers have to be negative to do numbers? lol thats some stupid sh*t

I will agree, controversy sells, and the record execs knew that. They also knew how much influence rap had, to the point people who don't know a single black person would see this negativity and quickly attribute these traits to the majority of black males. They also knew black males would view the negativity as something to aspire to. So they winning from all angles

Like I said in a earlier post, The Music industry controls whats hot and whats not, they dictate whats hot and whats not. They know whats gonna be the Jam for this summer

The human mind is subjective by nature and they know this.

Proof check-

NWA- The pioneers of Gangsta rap, manufactured by record execs

- Dr Dre

And he has been rewarded greatly for his efforts

-----------------------

Nice to see this thread getting views. We can all learn something
nop. thats why they sold so much in the genre they are in. They are good at being gritty and people who liked that gritty raw sound lapped it up
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
164 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
93 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy