"If Snoop Were Saying Something, That Negro Would Be Dangerous"

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
65 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
75 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
Bravo Golf 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
space
$4,457 | Props total: 3040 3040
Neither is this:

[video - click to view]

Well, it's sorta, kinda preachy, but it was a good song in every aspect, so not too many people minded the message.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 03-14-2013 at 05:38 PM..
 03-14-2013, 06:20 PM         #42
hurricanegamePZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Great posts in here...but one thing i dont think you guys have mentioned

i believe the artists best music is simply a true reflection of who they are...the difference between pac and lil wayne isnt simply what music they decide to make...its a difference in who they are as people

if lil wayne was to make positive music it wouldnt be true to himself...NO MATTER HOW MUCH THE WORLD NEEDS IT...it doesnt matter..cuz HE doesnt give a fu*k about that

kanye west...he has dropped gems like "money isnt everything but not having it is" but at the same time he stays flashing money and getting with dumb hoes like kim kardashian...why? because THATS who he is...someone who knows hes doing wrong but will do it anyway

pacs music was completely different because he was completely different as a person...he believed different things than these people...he believed he was capable of more..he knew what he wanted and did it no matter what.....he didnt WANT to have money like wayne...or be a MUSIC legend like kanye west...he wanted to change the world regardless of how much money he has or how many grammys he would get

kanye kendrick j cole are all on that "oh i know im doing bad but im doing it" sh*t which is ultimately weak as fu*k and will never change anything...it just makes people relate and feel comfortable

lupe has this whole vibe of being the pissed off old guy who doesnt really believe sh*t can change but wants to complain

2pac was that n*gga that inspired n*ggas and showed people it was possible to be that real and how ATTRACTIVE it was to be wise and strong yet tolerant and compassionate...he moved people..not just made them comfortable with where they at

so at the end of the day i dont think its the fault of any of the artists out there..theyre just doing them....its not their fault they dont care about the sh*t people like pac did...we just have to wait for the next n*gga with right formula..

Last edited by hurricanegamePZ; 03-14-2013 at 06:22 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #43
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
I'm tired of all these keyboard preachers. Who decides what's positive and negative?
 5 years ago '04        #44
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 Matt504 said:
are raps about selling drugs, murdering people, and treating women disrespectfully positive?

it's not rocket science, if the music perpetuates stereotypes that are harmful and destructive, it's probably safe to say that the music isn't positive.

what's your thoughts on the matter, is it really THAT hard to differentiate between positive and negative for you?

"There is no good or bad; right or wrong. Only choice and consequence."

What's negative to you can be positive to another, and vice versa. Live your life, kid.

Last edited by Bedewe22; 03-14-2013 at 06:51 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #45
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
 Matt504 said:
to be honest, we buy whatever they sell us. If these corporations wanted to flood the market with positive rappers, we'd eventually begin to gravitate towards the positive music.

these people don't sit around board room meetings trying to determine what the consumer wants in an artist, they give you the artist, give the artist the resources to captivate your short attention span, (money, foreign cars, foreign clothes), put these guys in videos where they can flaunt their unrealistic lifestyles before the eyes of those who have nothing.

corps don't give a fu*k about you, they know you n*ggas better than you know yourselves. whatever they want you to support is where they focus their advertising dollars.

if the corps wanted to make the industry positive, they harness the means and resources to move the industry in that direction, but they'd much rather promote the filthiest, most destructive, murdering, misogynist, hate filled music possible, under the guise of it being "real".

n*ggas wake up in multi-million dollar mansions in SECURE and SAFE communities, go downstairs two floors into the built in home studio, and make music about n*ggas shooting each other.

but nah, let me stop all this "hating"
 5 years ago '12        #46
space
space
space
 hurricanegamePZ said:
Great posts in here...but one thing i dont think you guys have mentioned

i believe the artists best music is simply a true reflection of who they are...the difference between pac and lil wayne isnt simply what music they decide to make...its a difference in who they are as people

if lil wayne was to make positive music it wouldnt be true to himself...NO MATTER HOW MUCH THE WORLD NEEDS IT...it doesnt matter..cuz HE doesnt give a fu*k about that

kanye west...he has dropped gems like "money isnt everything but not having it is" but at the same time he stays flashing money and getting with dumb hoes like kim kardashian...why? because THATS who he is...someone who knows hes doing wrong but will do it anyway

pacs music was completely different because he was completely different as a person...he believed different things than these people...he believed he was capable of more..he knew what he wanted and did it no matter what.....he didnt WANT to have money like wayne...or be a MUSIC legend like kanye west...he wanted to change the world regardless of how much money he has or how many grammys he would get

kanye kendrick j cole are all on that "oh i know im doing bad but im doing it" sh*t which is ultimately weak as fu*k and will never change anything...it just makes people relate and feel comfortable

lupe has this whole vibe of being the pissed off old guy who doesnt really believe sh*t can change but wants to complain

2pac was that n*gga that inspired n*ggas and showed people it was possible to be that real and how ATTRACTIVE it was to be wise and strong yet tolerant and compassionate...he moved people..not just made them comfortable with where they at

so at the end of the day i dont think its the fault of any of the artists out there..theyre just doing them....its not their fault they dont care about the sh*t people like pac did...we just have to wait for the next n*gga with right formula..
Good points!

I definitely agree with you. I'd rather see an artist stay true to himself than try to be somebody he's not. What gets me, though, is that a lot of artists in the game today aren't being true to themselves. A lot of them are positive people in their personal life but rap about ignorant stuff in the studio. If a rapper wants to rap about robbing and stealing, then I at least expect him to be "about that life." The studio gangsters have to go! At the same time, it's a difference between rapping about what you do in an confessional sense and rapping about it to brag on your exploits.
 5 years ago '12        #47
space
space
space
 Bedewe22 said:
I'm tired of all these keyboard preachers. Who decides what's positive and negative?
 Bedewe22 said:
"There is no good or bad; right or wrong. Only choice and consequence."

What's negative to you can be positive to another, and vice versa. Live your life, kid.

Society decides what's positive and negative. That's why different rules apply in different regions of the world. For example, in the Middle East, women have to be covered up when out of public, but in the United States, women can wear whatever they want. Is the Middle East wrong and America right, or vice versa?

My whole philosophy on hip-hop and its influence comes from the perspective of young black youth at the bottom of the socioeconomic ladder. I'm going through the interview process right now to become a school teacher in inner city schools, so obviously, I'm keeping an eye out for any negative influences that can affect my future students. Like I said in a previous post, music is only a small part of it. Negative music isn't solely to blame for those heading down the wrong path in life, but music is a big part of these kids lives. I see it firsthand during my classroom observations. These kids can't always tell the difference between a simile and a metaphor, but they can recite a Drake or Rick Ross song no problem.

My beef with that is not that they can recite those songs; it's that knowing those songs are taking priority over what I feel is more important, and that is the knowledge they are suppose to be acquiring in school to help them in adulthood. A lot of these kids come from environments where there are no positive adults raising them. They are literally being raised by the media. So when they spend the majority of their hours at home watching music videos and listening to music, it's not just entertainment to them. It becomes their way of life.

Go to any hood and watch the actions of these kids. Tell me you don't see the same thing in music videos. Media is powerful, a lot more powerful than some people want to give it credit for. It shapes our culture. Look at how much Facebook and Twitter have shaped our culture in just eight years. Those sites are a form of media too: social media. Look at how much American culture changed once the TV was invented and every family had a TV in the home. Look at how much TV has changed the American diet. It's no coincidence that TV dinners and other process foods increased as the television was becoming popular. People no longer sit down for home cook meals on a daily basis. It's now an occasional thing you only see on Sundays or holidays.

Look at World Star. Due to its popularity, people no longer want to break up f!ghts LOL. They rather film it and shout "World Star" in the background LOL.

Last edited by Bravo Golf; 03-15-2013 at 06:33 AM..
 03-15-2013, 06:30 AM         #48
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Considering the fact that white fans flock to negative hiphop much more then black fans I don't get the question. Whenever I see a white person imitating what they believe to be black people, they always go with the ignorant.....gimmie some five persona as opposed to the educated Obama or Bob Johnson one.......rappers putting out positive messages may have some affect on black youths, but it will do nothing for the youth who are growing up in those negative surroundings.
 03-15-2013, 06:30 AM         #49
NETS05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He starts spreading a messege n he will die soon.
 5 years ago '12        #50
space
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Considering the fact that white fans flock to negative hiphop much more then black fans I don't get the question. Whenever I see a white person imitating what they believe to be black people, they always go with the ignorant.....gimmie some five persona as opposed to the educated Obama or Bob Johnson one.......rappers putting out positive messages may have some affect on black youths, but it will do nothing for the youth who are growing up in those negative surroundings.
That's the thing. The ignorant imagery is so dominant in mainstream hip-hop that the mainstream feels that's all there is to the music and the culture. And generally speaking, middle class white people probably don't know a lot of black people personally. Just look at the demographics of the suburbs.

I lived in the suburbs for two years when I worked in Cincinnati. I could literally count on one hand the number of times I saw other black people whenever I went out near home, whether it was to the grocery store or to a restaurant. I checked the demographics online, and the town I lived in only had a two percent black population. I believe it! LOL And this was right outside of Cincinnati, a city with over a 50 percent black population.

Stereotypes come from limited contact with a limited portion of a specific group of people. If the average middle class, suburban white person doesn't interact with black people on a regular basis -- not that they're being racist or anything -- and when they see black people on TV, it's mostly in bufoonish roles, what do you think is going to be their perception of black people? In regards to black representation in the media, this is something we have been f!ghting for nearly 100 years. Go back to the days of Stepin Fetchit, Amos N' Andy, Beulah, etc. and you can see that a lot hasn't changed. We naively thought that the election of Barack Obama would change the public's perception of black people, but it really hasn't.

The thing is, there are plenty of well-to-do black people out there -- thousands. But they aren't being represented on TV or music. Instead, we get Real Housewives of Atlanta, Basketball Wives, Love and Hip-Hop, 2 Chainz, Trinidad James. Hell, look at a show like Celebrity Apprentice. The black people on their are Dennis Rodman, Lil Jon, Latoya Jackson, Omarosa, people who don't exactly have a positive public perception. Not to say that they are bad people, but they aren't thought highly of.
 5 years ago '12        #51
kylefall 26 heat pts26
space
space
$531 | Props total: 0 0
Just came up in here to name a few rap artists some of you may have heard of:

Big K.R.I.T.
Lupe Fiasco
Mistah F.A.B.
Killer Mike

5 years ago '10        #52
Walmart 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,895 | Props total: 9048 9048
The last positive few pro-black music eras in hiphop were shut down with either gangsta rap or club rap (popping bottles, cars, watches from Jacob, etc).

The Brand Nubian, Public Enemy, De La Soul, Ice Cube (in his early solo days), etc acts either faded out or changed their subject matter.

There was another movement with Common, Dead Prez, Talib & Mos, etc, but that didn't get as big of a push.

Sad to see people wanting to hear only ignorant/mindless rap (which is cool for the club and entertainment pusposed) and not taking the time out to listen to music with substance.

Thank goodness for someone like Kendrick coming out and selling while still maintaining his creativity.
 5 years ago '10        #53
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,658 | Props total: 4494 4494
meanwhile when lupe speaks about it "oh hes too preachy, blah blah blah"
 03-15-2013, 12:09 PM         #54
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WCIB said:
i guess the question is how many people listen to the music as it's currently constituted and lead productive and healthy lives? i do think that music is highly influential. that's obvious. but are kids in Chicago going to stop k!lling each other if Chief Keef stops making the music he makes? i doubt that. it might help, but is that change going to create mothers and fathers and healthy conditions for raising children? no. i feel people use music as an excuse too often, but i see both sides. it's not healthy for kids to hear the sh*t most of these rappers say, but that goes back to parenting.
if you ask most young teens who there hero is, it would most likely be there fav rapper, or athlete. with that said, if there hero is a positive role model said person will lead a more positive lifestyle
 03-15-2013, 12:16 PM         #55
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Matt504 said:
to be honest, we buy whatever they sell us. If these corporations wanted to flood the market with positive rappers, we'd eventually begin to gravitate towards the positive music.

these people don't sit around board room meetings trying to determine what the consumer wants in an artist, they give you the artist, give the artist the resources to captivate your short attention span, (money, foreign cars, foreign clothes), put these guys in videos where they can flaunt their unrealistic lifestyles before the eyes of those who have nothing.

corps don't give a fu*k about you, they know you n*ggas better than you know yourselves. whatever they want you to support is where they focus their advertising dollars.

if the corps wanted to make the industry positive, they harness the means and resources to move the industry in that direction, but they'd much rather promote the filthiest, most destructive, murdering, misogynist, hate filled music possible, under the guise of it being "real".

n*ggas wake up in multi-million dollar mansions in SECURE and SAFE communities, go downstairs two floors into the built in home studio, and make music about n*ggas shooting each other.

but nah, let me stop all this "hating"
yes, but the hip hop artist need to stop signing there life away for record deals, and make hip hop an artist owned and driven culture instead of a commercailly driven culture

in essence really bring it back to the streets. plus well keep the money we make....because its ours!!!
 5 years ago '13        #56
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 mR ReZiW said:
record companies promote this sh*t. We'll never see a black nationalist rapper like pac, because they dont want that

mainstream rappers sell their soul to sell poison to the black youths and create a side show for other races to embrace while not being a part of.

People will say "no one wants to hear positive rap". Believe me when I say, through advertising and media the record companies can manipulate what the masses like.

But can we honestly imagine Record companies co-operating with artists to empower black people for the greater good? hmmmmm

Truest sh*t I ever heard this n*gga say. He usually act like a dumb a.ss but he speaks truth here.

Unfortunately with America being a capitalist society. n*ggas will continue to make this music because it is popular and sells. Especially when you factor in piracy and that fact that all the real music with substance never sells like it should. n*ggas would rather download music even if it's an indie struggling artist, so a lot of times the real artist never get on or only stay within a certain bubble ad never grow or expand.

Also the fact that radio stations love playing short songs due to the belief that americans have a short attention span and they definitely don't want to play something too positive especially if the artist is new artist forget it.

I believe in order for music to change, society has to change and be more progressive. Honestly, it doesn't seem like that is most likely to happen. I will just have to stay digging for the music I like and enjoy, as well as playing oldies in the mean time.
 5 years ago '10        #57
DurtySoufReppin 76 heat pts76
space
space
$7,718 | Props total: 14 14
 mR ReZiW said:
record companies promote this sh*t. We'll never see a black nationalist rapper like pac, because they dont want that

mainstream rappers sell their soul to sell poison to the black youths and create a side show for other races to embrace while not being a part of.

People will say "no one wants to hear positive rap". Believe me when I say, through advertising and media the record companies can manipulate what the masses like.

But can we honestly imagine Record companies co-operating with artists to empower black people for the greater good? hmmmmm
pretty much
 5 years ago '08        #58
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
 mR ReZiW said:
is it more a case of black people never rocking with lupe as oppose to his msg? I would say lupe hasnt got a high enough profile in the black community to turn heads

but hypothetically in the midst on 99, if DMX,or 50 in 03. covered the same content as lupe would they have turnt heads? imho i think so
To this day people don't rock with 50 because he "went soft" and stopped rappin about nothing but street sh*t on (good)hard beats. If Get Rich or Die Tryin dropped and it was nothing but political rap with in da club as nothing but a bonus cut n*ggas would be furious.
 03-15-2013, 12:57 PM         #59
hollatchadude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bravo Golf said:
What if a rapper did a positive song using the same production and delivery as any of the popular rappers out today. Are you saying that it would catch on because it sounds good? Are you saying that if Rick Ross rapped about "Real n*ggas Getting Education from the F**king Start" that the song would be popular and open it up for other positive acts to follow?

I would argue that anything can sound good after repeated listens. As much as I dislike Drake, especially that "Started from the Bottom" song, I find myself reciting the lyrics because I hear it so much that it's stuck in my head. I think positive songs could do the same thing with enough spins on the radio.
 5 years ago '12        #60
Trelli3Matrix 
space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
 hollatchadude said:
yes, but the hip hop artist need to stop signing there life away for record deals, and make hip hop an artist owned and driven culture instead of a commercailly driven culture

in essence really bring it back to the streets. plus well keep the money we make....because its ours!!!
It's not marketable. There are tons of rappers like that. tons. but labels need to make money back. Investing a million dollars n an artist who isn't even gonna bring them n a quarter of that? No. U have to be the bad guy, entertaining, able to sell. People have to WANT to be you!! People usually only want enough smarts to get by. That's y kids graduate and never look at a school book again. But kids forever want to be labeled as tough, respected, gutta, etc. No one wants to be their history teacher. Look at canibus, he can rap, but he's just the cool science teacher in class that everyone liked, that's what he would b. And no one wants science outside of a classroom.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
279 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Woj: "Very unlikely Paul George stays in OKC"
73 comments
1 day ago