Mar 11 - 6-Month-Old Shot Multiple Times In Chicago: Baby, Her Father Wounded In South Side Gunfire

most viewed right now
 134
Phat ass white girl for real
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 110
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 100
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 95
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #1
11382 pageviews
133 comments


Marlo Stanfield 67 heat pts67
space
avatar space
space
$2,583 | Props total: 291 291
Mar 11 - 6-Month-Old Shot Multiple Times In Chicago: Baby, Her Father Wounded In South Side Gunfire
 

 


[pic - click to view]


March 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) --

A 6-month-old girl and a man were both wounded Monday in a shooting on Chicago's South Side, police sources confirmed to ABC7.

It happened about 12:45 p.m. in the 6500-block of South Maryland in the city's Woodlawn neighborhood.

The 6-month-old, who relatives identified as Johnyla Watkins, was shot multiple times and transported to Comer Children's Hospital in serious to critical condition with gunshot wounds to her arm and leg. Watkins was still in surgery around 6 p.m.

The adult victim was taken to Northwestern in serious to critical condition.

There were conflicting reports as to the nature of the shooting. Police said it was a drive-by shooting, but relatives say a gunman approached the victims on foot and fired multiple shots before running away.

Soon after the shooting, police blanketed the neighborhood trying to round up witnesses and get information. Police say the adult male victim was a documented, known gang member.

People in the area were stunned that a 6-month-old was caught in the midst of violence.

"She ain't nothing but 6 months old," said grandmother Mary Young. "For anybody...what kind of heart," she said, her voice trailing off.

Young had seen the baby and the father, Jonathon, 25, ten minutes before they were shot. Police say the father was changing the baby's diaper in a minivan before the gunman shot multiple shots, ran into an alley, and escaped.

Relatives say they heard the gunshots and immediately worried that their loved ones were hit.

"Everybody that gets k!lled or shot we know them - we close together with them" said aunt Tiffany Young.

Community activists say they hope that people with information will help find the person involved in the shooting.

"A person involved with a shooting, they get afraid of the cameras, but I tell you what, you ought to be afraid of bullets more than these cameras and just give up the information," said community activist Andrew Holmes.

Pastor Corey Brooks has announced that his church is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the gunman.

Reportedly, the baby and father were together on their way to pick up the baby's mother from her job at McDonald's. The mother was in the hospital around 4 p.m. with family members awaiting word on whether the baby would recover from her injuries.

[pic - click to view]

 6-Month-Old Shot Multiple Times In Chicago: Baby, Her Father Wounded In South Side Gunfire

133 comments for "Mar 11 - 6-Month-Old Shot Multiple Times In Chicago: Baby, Her Father Wounded In South Side Gunfire"

 5 years ago '08        #2
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$19,060 | Props total: 4844 4844
Police say the adult male victim was a documented, known gang member.
Oh my, it sounds like "The Sins of the Father" type of situation where the baby was in danger. Still though how much of a monster do you have to be to open fire w/an innocent baby around?
 5 years ago '13        #3
throwbacksample 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$4,138 | Props total: 1207 1207
 stlcardinals19 said:
Oh my, it sounds like "The Sins of the Father" type of situation where the baby was in danger. Still though how much of a monster do you have to be to open fire w/an innocent baby around?
collateral damage...

side note...your avatar is clean
 5 years ago '06        #4
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
avatar space
space
$26,614 | Props total: 8920 8920
but why? smfh crazy sh*t son
 5 years ago '10        #5
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$19,663 | Props total: 4502 4502
yo you chi town n*ggas are really tripping

this going for the hardest city ish needs to stop now
 5 years ago '04        #6
Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
avatar space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
More "success" for gun control in Chicago.
 5 years ago '10        #7
Dun Dada 
space
avatar space
space
$3,223 | Props total: 0 0
I dont get it the government isnt more proactive in solving these problems..like they are always down to send tanks and soldiers to foreign countries to fix their so called problems but they wont do anything about stuff like this which happens way too often
 5 years ago '06        #8
RAZAH CUTS 5839 heat pts5839
space
avatar space
space
$54,073 | Props total: 18872 18872
Man, 6 month yr olds bein shot in Chicago. ...

Its nuts out there...truly is...
 5 years ago '07        #9
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$41,093 | Props total: 30431 30431
need to burn chiraq down to disinfect the rest of the continent of this disease invested hell hole
 5 years ago '05        #10
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$47,195 | Props total: 11803 11803


fu*k Chicago
 5 years ago '04        #11
jiggyfresh1 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,240 | Props total: 380 380





SMH R.I.P

sh*ts ugly out here. I get my locks maintained on the next block from where this sh*t happened. Them n*ggas been into it for the last few years and the dividing line is right where this sh*t happened. I live 2 blocks from where my mans was k!lled the other day in front of JJ chicken on 79th and Jeffery. Police everywhere aint doing/stopping sh*t from happening. I have been stopped and searched 5 times in the last 2 weeks and imma grown a.ss man that has nothing to do with these shorties getting into it.
 5 years ago '08        #12
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 12390 12390
I'm going to be working in Chicago this summer. I now know to stay as far away from the southside as humanly possible. Are there any other areas I sould avoid? From what I've heard, chicago is only bad in certain areas, but in the bad areas, it's REALLY bad.
 5 years ago '04        #13
jiggyfresh1 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,240 | Props total: 380 380
 tdnupe3 said:
I'm going to be working in Chicago this summer. I now know to stay as far away from the southside as humanly possible. Are there any other areas I sould avoid? From what I've heard, chicago is only bad in certain areas, but in the bad areas, it's REALLY bad.
Few questions for you and ill do my best to a.ssist u. What's your race? Do you know where you will be living? Will you be driving? To keep it basic , its not bad everywhere but you must be aware cause bad sh*t can happen anywhere. If you can, stick to downtown, south loop , west loop, river north/west, near north side, wicker park, Lincoln park. Your chances of bullsh*t goes down in these areas and there all connected so you really don't have to venture out. O f course there are a few other quiet areas and there are quiet blocks all in the hood but google them hoods I said and you should be cool.......Just remember be aware and prepared (carry a knife or something) because even if you avoid all the street violence you still have to worry bout the stick up man and they will hit u anywhere.
 5 years ago '08        #14
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 12390 12390
 jiggyfresh1 said:
Few questions for you and ill do my best to a.ssist u. What's your race? Do you know where you will be living? Will you be driving? To keep it basic , its not bad everywhere but you must be aware cause bad sh*t can happen anywhere. If you can, stick to downtown, south loop , west loop, river north/west, near north side, wicker park, Lincoln park. Your chances of bullsh*t goes down in these areas and there all connected so you really don't have to venture out. O f course there are a few other quiet areas and there are quiet blocks all in the hood but google them hoods I said and you should be cool.......Just remember be aware and prepared (carry a knife or something) because even if you avoid all the street violence you still have to worry bout the stick up man and they will hit u anywhere.
I'm black. I'm not sure where I will be living yet. The company I work for will be setting all that up, so I'm sure they will put me in a safe area (I'll be sure to check it out before going). I'm considering doing a short term lease on a low profile car (a honda accord or something along those lines). What are the suburbs like? Are there bad cities outside the city. i.e. in Atlanta, there are areas that are technically outside atlanta, but they are in the atlanta metro area and are still bad (gentrification is a terrible plague on our race). I've got some friends from undergrad and grad school that are from the chi, gary, etc. and I will be sure to check with them on a frequent basis to make sure that i'm not walking into warzones.
 5 years ago '04        #15
jiggyfresh1 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,240 | Props total: 380 380
 tdnupe3 said:
I'm black. I'm not sure where I will be living yet. The company I work for will be setting all that up, so I'm sure they will put me in a safe area (I'll be sure to check it out before going). I'm considering doing a short term lease on a low profile car (a honda accord or something along those lines). What are the suburbs like? Are there bad cities outside the city. i.e. in Atlanta, there are areas that are technically outside atlanta, but they are in the atlanta metro area and are still bad (gentrification is a terrible plague on our race). I've got some friends from undergrad and grad school that are from the chi, gary, etc. and I will be sure to check with them on a frequent basis to make sure that i'm not walking into warzones.
The suburbs that are just outside the city going south are fu*ked up. Going west you got to skip past Maywood. Going north just avoid the Evanston border with Chicago. Other than that they are pretty mild. In reality go wherever the fu*k you wanna go, just know that its worse in rundown looking areas and areas that have blocks and blocks of courtway buildings.
 5 years ago '10        #16
Marlo Stanfield 67 heat pts67 OP
space
avatar space
space
$2,583 | Props total: 291 291
Evanston? lol My avy sums up Evanston.
 5 years ago '06        #17
illstate11 
space
avatar space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 86 86
Yea you ain't got sh*t to worry about bruh this n*gga on some scared straight sh*t. R.i.p. to the little girl but her father was the target the p.o.s who probably shot her didn't even know cus the father was shot in the back. Still sh*tty but n*ggas quick to generalize Chicago. It's only a few parts but the n*ggas that get it is usually involved with it. Just be aware of your surroundings.

If I was you I'd worry more about the detectives in the new ford whips. They going hard fu*kin up guilty. And innocent n*ggas. They will steal ya whip and leave you out in the cold.
 5 years ago '04        #18
jiggyfresh1 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,240 | Props total: 380 380
 bowbowbow said:
Evanston? lol My avy sums up Evanston.
n*gga I said the border with Chicago. I was very specific about that. You will get yo a.ss shot on Howard........ To Illstate I aint on no scared str8 sh*t. A n*gga that aint from here is not going to be used to this sh*t . What is regular to us is going to be wild to outsiders, especially when they hear of all the fu*kery out here beforehand. I told him to do him but be careful, but at the same time he asked so imma def try to put the man in tune to whats happening before he finds himself amongst a pack of young wolves.
 5 years ago '04        #19
ruff 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2651 2651
RIP lil baby
 5 years ago '10        #20
Marlo Stanfield 67 heat pts67 OP
space
avatar space
space
$2,583 | Props total: 291 291
 jiggyfresh1 said:
n*gga I said the border with Chicago. I was very specific about that. You will get yo a.ss shot on Howard........ To Illstate I aint on no scared str8 sh*t. A n*gga that aint from here is not going to be used to this sh*t . What is regular to us is going to be wild to outsiders, especially when they hear of all the fu*kery out here beforehand. I told him to do him but be careful, but at the same time he asked so imma def try to put the man in tune to whats happening before he finds himself amongst a pack of young wolves.
Truuu
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 37
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
60 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy