Dad Hacks Donkey Kong so His Daughter Can Play as a Girl

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
108 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-11-2013, 10:32 AM         #1
5456 pageviews
57 comments

LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dad Hacks Donkey Kong so His Daughter Can Play as a Girl

In one of the more heartwarming stories you'll read all week, a dad has hacked Donkey Kong so his three-year-old daughter can play as Pauline and save Mario.

Mike Mika is a video game maker by trade, and upon noticing his daughter was disappointed by the default option, simply 'adjusted' the classic game so Pauline was now the playable character - complete with a P instead of an M at the top of the screen.

"My three year old daughter and I play a lot of old games together," Mika wrote on his YouTube channel. "Her favorite is Donkey Kong. Two days ago, she asked me if she could play as the girl and save Mario. She's played as Peach in Super Mario Bros. 2 and naturally just a.ssumed she could do the same in Donkey Kong. I told her we couldn't in that particular Mario game, she seemed really bummed out by that. So what else am I supposed to do? Now I'm up at midnight hacking the ROM, replacing Mario with Pauline."

Check out the video of Mika's hack below. Story via
[pic - click to view]

Reddit

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

IGN

One of the comments
I for one do not like that he did this. This only promotes women's rights in society and that is just wrong. It's bad enough we gave them the right to vote and work, but now we're letting them star in a video game? It's just wrong, because video games are for men, and I do not like this.
fu-king image

57 comments for "Dad Hacks Donkey Kong so His Daughter Can Play as a Girl"

5 years ago '05        #2
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,291 | Props total: 2480 2480
I for one do not like that he did this. This only promotes women's rights in society and that is just wrong. It's bad enough we gave them the right to vote and work, but now we're letting them star in a video game? It's just wrong, because video games are for men, and I do not like this.

reminds me of the dude in the tomb raider thread hating on the game cause it had a female lead character
 5 years ago '04        #3
Jae_Hood_354 135 heat pts135
space
space
$8,552 | Props total: 3344 3344
 HiRolliN said:

reminds me of the dude in the tomb raider thread hating on the game cause it had a female lead character
wowww are you serious
 5 years ago '05        #4
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,291 | Props total: 2480 2480
 Jae_Hood_354 said:
wowww are you serious
ya dude was trying to degrade the game saying a bunch of sh*t about it being for only females. dude obviously had a problem with females with authority. his head will fu*king explode if a female is ever elected as president of the USA lol
 03-11-2013, 11:44 AM         #5
blafy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sweeeeeeeeeet
 5 years ago '06        #6
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 HiRolliN said:

that was OP tho
 5 years ago '07        #7
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,577 | Props total: 43730 43730
 HiRolliN said:
ya dude was trying to degrade the game saying a bunch of sh*t about it being for only females. dude obviously had a problem with females with authority. his head will fu*king explode if a female is ever elected as president of the USA lol
i don't play games with female characters either. not cuz i don't support their rights but i just can't get down with playing as a female in a game. i see video games as pretty much being a way to play out certain fantasies whether its being an NBA player or a.ssasin or w/e. and in none of those fantasies do i envision myself as a woman.

when my sister was young she would never play games with me unless she could play as a female character so i don't think it's that uncommon for people to feel this way
 5 years ago '05        #8
IGOTSHITTZ 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,077 | Props total: 480 480
 st21 said:
i don't play games with female characters either. not cuz i don't support their rights but i just can't get down with playing as a female in a game. i see video games as pretty much being a way to play out certain fantasies whether its being an NBA player or a.ssasin or w/e. and in none of those fantasies do i envision myself as a woman.

when my sister was young she would never play games with me unless she could play as a female character so i don't think it's that uncommon for people to feel this way
Ain't nothing wrong with that. You gonna be missing out on some good games, though.
 5 years ago '04        #9
kulabear 23 heat pts23
space
space
$10,765 | Props total: 1403 1403
 coolio said:
that was OP tho
 5 years ago '04        #10
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,645 | Props total: 2651 2651
 st21 said:

5 years ago '04        #11
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
I see he made that sh*t easier too...

good sh*t on the dad though that's awesome
 03-11-2013, 03:09 PM         #12
LaRy BLanco  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 coolio said:
that was OP tho
nikka no it wasntur confusing me with this nikka

vvvvvvvv
 The N said:
I will throw this out there, I want to see what you think. Is it just me that cant get into games clearly not made for males?, this Lara game is for the females to grasp and connect to not for you.

So how can you connect to her if she is a female?, shouldn't your girl or wives be the one playing this?. You know the opposite of that famous Uncharted commercial where the girl is stunned and sits down to watch, I think LARA was created in gaming to flip the script on that for the guys to do that and sit down watching ya girl play.

Everytime I see female main character games I see it as developers actually feeding the female gamer
who dont have alot of these, they put the chaos and typical gaming action for the male gamers but
the male could never connect to the feelings of a woman about to get r*ped, or her fears but a female gamer can grasp that instantly, in that scene you as a male are portrayed as a females nightmare, then she goes on to k!ll males of all kinds, even male animals.

This game is basically a game where a less s3xy lara is now shown as a powering figure for females, this isn't the lara back then that got the guy attention for her big t*ts and tight a.ss, to get the guys into this game they had to go into that whole wannabe Uncharted aspect of crazyness and action of course the PC mods already have her big t*ts on deck.

So what are ya thoughts on this because for some reason I see man moving around female characters as men playing with a barbie, think of every game with girls as the lead at what
point does it hit you that this was actually created for female gamers to grasp and connect to?.
^^^^^

ive been saying for the longest even tho I dont really fu*k with games where the protagonist is a female I always make an exception for Tomb Raider,Metroid & Perfect dark
 03-11-2013, 03:54 PM         #13
blafy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My little cousin is a girl and sometime she picks male characters, I was surprised when she picked Browser instead of Princess Peach in mario kart. I dont mind being a female protagnist, Bayonetta and Mirror's Edge were great.

If GTA really want to get people talking let their be a female lead. I would still have s3x with prostitutes
 5 years ago '06        #14
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 LAwLB15 said:
nikka no it wasntur confusing me with this nikka

vvvvvvvv

^^^^^

ive been saying for the longest even tho I dont really fu*k with games where the protagonist is a female I always make an exception for Tomb Raider,Metroid & Perfect dark

thought he was referring to u saying u don't like games where the lead is female since everybody got pissed at u for that
 5 years ago '12        #15
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
 aclockworkred71 said:
So you don't play Metroid, Resident Evil (the good ones at least), damn your gaming career sucks.
he doesnt watch pr0n with girls in it either
 5 years ago '04        #16
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,063 | Props total: 19923 19923
 st21 said:

what kind of prison logic is this sh*t?

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #17
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
they need to make a hack where I'm donkey kong and I keep mario away from his girl. that bi*ch is mine
 5 years ago '07        #18
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
so did he make the sprites himself? Also, i never seen past the first level in that game.
 5 years ago '10        #19
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,406 | Props total: 2348 2348
 Nest said:
he doesnt watch pr0n with girls in it either
 5 years ago '11        #20
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
 HiRolliN said:

a lot of hardcore gamers are c*nts yell™
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
93 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
21 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy