Rewind: Why Was Pam From Martin Mean Mugging TI?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
37 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #121
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,477 | Props total: 636 636
 Dos-effect said:
If your looking at an artist to help our people and even going as far as to blame them for the destruction of our race......if you can do that, then I can say your as much of a culprit because your an endorse of the generation of hiphop that led to this......with the NWA, Biggie, and Pac......all that sh*t was a pre lude to hiphop today......but when there is a top 10 list who is on there? Thats why its a bullsh*t cop-out we are the leaders of our generation now and what we doing to combat the issues that we face? bi*ch on the internet about how rappers are the problem? You have the means to steer youth the other direction, what are U doing? Alot of these artist do more for the youth in thier community then yall will even do for your own people in your immediate family. The point is its an entertainers job to raise my kids in my community. Its my job...if Im in a position to do so.....fu*k I look like walking right by a kid I knew since his birth selling drugs and I know that n*gga listens and respects me.......and then when he gets k!lled or locked up.....I walk up to TI and blame him for his music cause he was the little dudes favorite artist.......where the fu*k was I at? For all yall talk about black upliftment......yall cats are pretty weak when it comes to action.......I guess its eaiser to point at a phantom threat, as opposed to admitting that we as black men are failing our young......not these bullsh*t rappers......
You're going off topic, and although it should be each one teach one, I agree, you cannot discount the fact that the platform a rapper has can change millions of lives with one, powerful, positive, well-marketed song. When was the last time you heard a song on the radio that spoke to children directly about taking the right path and not doing stupid. From what I can recall:

[video - click to view]

This was a real simple song aimed at elementary school children. This is actually a throwback to one of the illest positive songs ever:

[video - click to view]

For Confirmation, look at the top comment on this video that's been viewed over 1.5 mllion times:

Homere Lesperance
I love this song because it inspired me that destruction is not the only option we have in life to follow. With the special gift called free will, each individual is capable of righteousness or destruction upon themselves.
So, in conclusion, I have shown proof that Rappers who can put together a positive ill song with a great concept and beat can have a profound affect on young and impressionable child/teens/young adults. /thread
 03-11-2013, 10:05 PM         #122
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #123
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,261 | Props total: 2826 2826
 NateRight said:
Wow you clearly dont know country music
they too sing about getting drunk and shooting sh*t up and domestic violence at times..
 03-11-2013, 10:27 PM         #124
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I_make_beatz said:
You're going off topic, and although it should be each one teach one, I agree, you cannot discount the fact that the platform a rapper has can change millions of lives with one, powerful, positive, well-marketed song. When was the last time you heard a song on the radio that spoke to children directly about taking the right path and not doing stupid. From what I can recall:

This was a real simple song aimed at elementary school children. This is actually a throwback to one of the illest positive songs ever:

For Confirmation, look at the top comment on this video that's been viewed over 1.5 mllion times:

So, in conclusion, I have shown proof that Rappers who can put together a positive ill song with a great concept and beat can have a profound affect on young and impressionable child/teens/young adults. /thread

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #125
westsideknicks 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,431 | Props total: 1218 1218
lol no answer still i see
 03-11-2013, 10:47 PM         #126
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I_make_beatz said:

n*gga did you read any of the sh*t that has been posted in this thread?
 5 years ago '05        #127
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
Dude really is a family man... I worked for him for a while, the kids was always in the studio with us.
 5 years ago '06        #128
dj_60_2000 15 heat pts15 OP
space
space
$797 | Props total: 708 708
This thread went way left. I can't even take credit for it blowing up. Gotta love Boxden.
 5 years ago '06        #129
space
space
But are celebrities responsible for raising your kids?
 5 years ago '05        #130
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 Matt504 said:
no one in this thread is disputing whether or not he's a great father or husband, we're discussing the lyrics and the potential negative effects they might have on impressionable youth.
As a parent, that's your fault if you let them hear those lyrics. Ain't these rappers job to educate your kids. In my line of work I know a LOT of real gangsters, and I work with a lot of studio gangsters and engineer and produce stuff I would NEVER let my young cousins here, and I'd smack them up if I heard they were going behind they parents back listening to what I do. I lived that life before I went into the music business, and I still a.ssociate with it, but my cousins kids and my future kids will not. That's parenting.

Last edited by Soprano ATL; 03-11-2013 at 11:33 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #131
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
 dcashalston said:
It is on the parents tho! Just cuz the momma and daddy aint around aint no excuse...There are plenty of people that grew up in single parent homes, listened to rap, and are not fu*ked up...

Regardless of what TI does he is one man...If one mans words from a CD has more power over a child than his/her own parent then that directly points to their sh*tty parenting skills

Edit: And I just read the Instagram screenshots...The lil n*gga disrespected his daughter...Celebrity or not if a lil n*gga talkin crazy to ya seed what you gonna do?
so threatening a lil kid with putting chipper jones on his head, and basically calling em p!ss poor lol I guess he forgot about that struggle. That was some punk sh*t, just have a nephew or lil equal put hands on em. Lots of us got at broads like that when we was young hell, rappers speak about broads like this on popular songs so t.I. probably taught him well lol. Most rappers are hypocrites deal with it yell™
 5 years ago '06        #132
space
space
 Matt504 said:
no, and we've said that multiple times in this thread, if you're looking to make an effective new or fresh argument, at least invest a few moments of your precious time to read through the entire thread as to avoid more redundancy.
Watch your tone boy. Just challenged me in my own thread.

Last edited by dj_60_2000; 03-11-2013 at 11:44 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #133
space
space
 Matt504 said:
no disrespect fam. it's all love

It's all good. No one and I repeat no one should take message board "beef" seriously.
 5 years ago '07        #134
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
Obviously we as human beings anticipate our own demise subconsciously. This means that these problems are bigger than hiphop. It's got everything to do with pyschology. Why is mainstream hip hop mostly club or street related and not inspirational for children? I could go into the treatment of African Americans and other minorities that have crafted hip hop and even discuss the harmful effects that certain socio-economic issues have had on how we express ourselves to ourselves(even with children viewing) and even how we think. I could pull things from slavery, segregation, Great migration and the negative effects it had on economic status of African Americans, immigration and rough lives of certain foreign groups, introduction of certain drugs to low-income communities, depression, exploitation by the industry, and even the mocking of non-Anglo-Saxon culture in America. Yall dont want me to do that.
 5 years ago '06        #135
space
space
 Nyuzi said:
Obviously we as human beings anticipate our own demise subconsciously. This means that these problems are bigger than hiphop. It's got everything to do with pyschology. Why is mainstream hip hop mostly club or street related and not inspirational for children? I could go into the treatment of African Americans and other minorities that have crafted hip hop and even discuss the harmful effects that certain socio-economic issues have had on how we express ourselves to ourselves(even with children viewing) and even how we think. I could pull things from slavery, segregation, Great migration and the negative effects it had on economic status of African Americans, and even the belittling of non-Anglo-Saxon culture in America. Yall dont want me to do that.
Well you do know that record companies pay radio stations to play certain songs? This is a fact.
 5 years ago '10        #136
Superboy504 13 heat pts13
space
space
$2,919 | Props total: 147 147
He keepin it G though.... What WAS that look for? She don't even deserve to be on the same stage as Tip.. WTF has she done since Martin?
 5 years ago '12        #137
CaliSteppin 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,691 | Props total: 3387 3387
This thread took a big turn
It was all jokes on page 1
 5 years ago '07        #138
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
pam just mad cause ti wouldnt give her the p*nis.
 5 years ago '12        #139
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,566 | Props total: 5605 5605
 CaliSteppin said:
This thread took a big turn
It was all jokes on page 1
The Negro Community Supporters and Uncle toms came in here throwin shots and cryin about rappers poisoning the black community..thread flipped quick
 5 years ago '10        #140
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,863 | Props total: 13637 13637
 Matt504 said:
Our downfall is drugs, and the rappers glorify drugs, and make songs about how many bricks they've lost, or sold, or how they can make cocaine, and how much money they've made selling drugs.

isn't it counterproductive to market music about drugs to a people who've been disproportionately victimized by drugs?

is there any scenario where glorifying drugs helps victims of drugs?

this is not about blaming hip hop or rappers for the condition that Black people are in, it's about calling them out for promoting, glamorizing, and perpetuating negative behaviors to a people who are CURRENTLY living the lifestyles that the rappers no longer have to live.
got em

Stillhyphy said:
So what do you want them to rap about? how much money they have? all the females the fu*k? their bank account?

They don't HAVE to live that life but that IS their life. Thats what they grew up doing and its kinda hard to stop once you've already started no matter how much money you have. Ti lives in a big a.ss house away from the hood, yet he still has the hood in him and he's still welcome in the hood and his family/friednds are still out there. Hes not about to just completely block that part of his life out. Thats what made him. you can say the same for gucci and flocka

How can you sit their and blame these rappers for being who they are?

The youth is a big demographic though, and half if not most are studio gangsters/dopeboys that are living a lie. If you think the label heads/ceos/record label staff don't insist on rappers faking the funk and dumbing it down, your a sadly mistaken. They have retarded "urban" music and made it the laughing stock of the entertainment bizz, where cross dressers, gays, child actors turned real n*ggas, and law enforcement employees turned kingpin rule. While artists like KRIT......

utdpridah said:
As a parent, that's your fault if you let them hear those lyrics. Ain't these rappers job to educate your kids. In my line of work I know a LOT of real gangsters, and I work with a lot of studio gangsters and engineer and produce stuff I would NEVER let my young cousins here, and I'd smack them up if I heard they were going behind they parents back listening to what I do. I lived that life before I went into the music business, and I still a.ssociate with it, but my cousins kids and my future kids will not. That's parenting.
This is what I was talking about when I posted about being responsible and accountable for ourselves and our kids. Too many parents are too busy on Facebook, twitter, in the club, or in the tv watching "reality shows" faithfully while their kids are exposed to God knows what. Little attention is being payed to the youth......
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago