Rewind: Why Was Pam From Martin Mean Mugging TI?

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 03-11-2013, 07:47 PM         #101
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jruk2345 said:
ok imo its all about the individual
some kids are impressionable and want to be like lil wayne or whatever

what T.I. said bout not being his fault, he lived that life and he is rapping bout it
i understand that, but he doesnt understand is they use these guys to take control of young childrens mines by gloryfing being ignorant and worrying only bout self, fu*king other dudes girls/wives etc etc
so yea i would say that overall hip hop hasn't done more negative than postive to blacks imo

So then hiphop is not an imitation life but the other way around? To that I stronly disagree...but to each its own.
 03-11-2013, 07:52 PM         #102
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ghandi was actually accused of being racist against blacks And putting the civil rights f!ght of his people before blacks.
 5 years ago '10        #103
Jruk2345 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 238 238
 Dos-effect said:
So then hiphop is not an imitation life but the other way around? To that I stronly disagree...but to each its own.
so u think hip hop is a positive force?

i would say some is but the majority is entertainment

we should view most of these artist as we do an actor, just playing the part
 5 years ago '11        #104
NateRight 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,448 | Props total: 717 717
 CTre said:
what you want them to rap about??? If they can't rap about their life... If they can't rap about whats in their soul. They're gonna be them.. Country Singers sing about horrible and depressing sh*t but because they are country singers it's acceptable. Art imitates Life...
Wow you clearly dont know country music
 03-11-2013, 08:02 PM         #105
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jruk2345 said:
so u think hip hop is a positive force?

i would say some is but the majority is entertainment

we should view most of these artist as we do an actor, just playing the part
No, but blaming the music for negative aspects of black people, is the same as blaming Mariyln Mason for school shootings.........free will is free will.....not to mention the black race was self destructing long before hiphop came around.......our down fall is drugs...plain and simple......not hiphop music.
 03-11-2013, 08:08 PM         #106
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dcashalston said:
It is on the parents tho! Just cuz the momma and daddy aint around aint no excuse...There are plenty of people that grew up in single parent homes, listened to rap, and are not fu*ked up...

Regardless of what TI does he is one man...If one mans words from a CD has more power over a child than his/her own parent then that directly points to their sh*tty parenting skills

Edit: And I just read the Instagram screenshots...The lil n*gga disrespected his daughter...Celebrity or not if a lil n*gga talkin crazy to ya seed what you gonna do?
Its a product of kids raising themselves. Many people n single parent homes are raised by the television because their parent works themselves to death doing their best to provide. In the process many life lessons and morals are untaught. this is where movies and music influence these kids.

Im not saying that good people do not come out of bad situations i know many who have learned from the struggle and it made them better people. But for most it does not work out that way
 03-11-2013, 08:15 PM         #107
PLATAOPLOMO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This THE SAME INTERVIEW or whatever where 50 CENT DISSED MASTER P & ALMOST FELL on his A/S/S when he went to SIT BACK DOWN NEXT to T.I & ROBIN THICKE I think (lol)
 03-11-2013, 08:25 PM         #108
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Matt504 said:
Our downfall is drugs, and the rappers glorify drugs, and make songs about how many bricks they've lost, or sold, or how they can make cocaine, and how much money they've made selling drugs.

isn't it counterproductive to market music about drugs to a people who've been disproportionately victimized by drugs?

is there any scenario where glorifying drugs helps victims of drugs?

this is not about blaming hip hop or rappers for the condition that Black people are in, it's about calling them out for promoting, glamorizing, and perpetuating negative behaviors to a people who are CURRENTLY living the lifestyles that the rappers no longer have to live.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #109
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,656 | Props total: 5340 5340
 Matt504 said:
Our downfall is drugs, and the rappers glorify drugs, and make songs about how many bricks they've lost, or sold, or how they can make cocaine, and how much money they've made selling drugs.

isn't it counterproductive to market music about drugs to a people who've been disproportionately victimized by drugs?

this is not about blaming hip hop or rappers for the condition that Black people are in, it's about calling them out for promoting, glamorizing, and perpetuating negative behaviors to a people who are CURRENTLY living the lifestyles that the rappers no longer have to live.

Or have never lived.

Last edited by Aesop730; 03-11-2013 at 08:31 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #110
Donny D 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 17 17
 Patrick Galooly said:
Ghandi was actually accused of being racist against blacks And putting the civil rights f!ght of his people before blacks.
Well if this is true then smh. At the end of the day we are just human.

But other then that, his philosophy can still be used. If Martin used it then sure enough it can be used in a wider context
 03-11-2013, 08:50 PM         #111
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Matt504 said:

Exactly, but where the drugs already in the community before Young Jeezy and TI? They were product of the drug culture, the drug culture has not flourished any more or any less since they got on..........bascially the problem is not the music, its the culture of a number of black Americans in general, blaming these artist is a cop-out , thats all my point ever was.
 5 years ago '13        #112
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 Matt504 said:

Real sh*t my n*gga.

Real sh*t!
 5 years ago '04        #113
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,656 | Props total: 5340 5340
 Dos-effect said:
Exactly, but where the drugs already in the community before Young Jeezy and TI? They were product of the drug culture, the drug culture has not flourished any more or any less since they got on..........bascially the problem is not the music, its the culture of a number of black Americans in general, blaming these artist is a cop-out , thats all my point ever was.
Why is it a cop out ? Like you stated they were a part of the culture and they continue to glorify it, instead of denouncing it. Even if it is flourishing or not. Where is the sense in that ? Oh , but they're making money , so it's all good. . .

They have the means to steer a lot of black males in another direction , but they choose not to. They are not fully responsible, but they do play a part in it. It takes a community ...
 5 years ago '10        #114
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 101 101
 NO RELIGION said:
maybe the n*gga farted before he left the podium
maybe
 03-11-2013, 09:17 PM         #115
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Aesop730 said:
Why is it a cop out ? Like you stated they were a part of the culture and they continue to glorify it, instead of denouncing it. Even if it is flourishing or not. Where is the sense in that ? Oh , but they're making money , so it's all good. . .

They have the means to steer a lot of black males in another direction , but they choose not to. They are not fully responsible, but they do play a part in it. It takes a community ...
If your looking at an artist to help our people and even going as far as to blame them for the destruction of our race......if you can do that, then I can say your as much of a culprit because your an endorse of the generation of hiphop that led to this......with the NWA, Biggie, and Pac......all that sh*t was a pre lude to hiphop today......but when there is a top 10 list who is on there? Thats why its a bullsh*t cop-out we are the leaders of our generation now and what we doing to combat the issues that we face? bi*ch on the internet about how rappers are the problem? You have the means to steer youth the other direction, what are U doing? Alot of these artist do more for the youth in thier community then yall will even do for your own people in your immediate family. The point is its an entertainers job to raise my kids in my community. Its my job...if Im in a position to do so.....fu*k I look like walking right by a kid I knew since his birth selling drugs and I know that n*gga listens and respects me.......and then when he gets k!lled or locked up.....I walk up to TI and blame him for his music cause he was the little dudes favorite artist.......where the fu*k was I at? For all yall talk about black upliftment......yall cats are pretty weak when it comes to action.......I guess its eaiser to point at a phantom threat, as opposed to admitting that we as black men are failing our young......not these bullsh*t rappers......
 5 years ago '12        #116
Stillhyphy 39 heat pts39
space
space
$9,566 | Props total: 5605 5605
 Matt504 said:

So what do you want them to rap about? how much money they have? all the females the fu*k? their bank account?

They don't HAVE to live that life but that IS their life. Thats what they grew up doing and its kinda hard to stop once you've already started no matter how much money you have. Ti lives in a big a.ss house away from the hood, yet he still has the hood in him and he's still welcome in the hood and his family/friednds are still out there. Hes not about to just completely block that part of his life out. Thats what made him. you can say the same for gucci and flocka

How can you sit their and blame these rappers for being who they are?
 5 years ago '11        #117
westsideknicks 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1231 1231
 s7venwords said:
She smelled the bs on the lil snitch.
big question for you...after all these years who he snitch on??? no one can ever answer that, n how u a snitch if you keep getting locked up? did he snitch on his self?....being waiting years ona name!
 5 years ago '12        #118
johnnysnow 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,781 | Props total: 1979 1979
Everything starts at home with the parents.

Blaming rappers for a child's actions is irrational and is on the same level as blaming video games for a child being violent.

5 years ago '08        #119
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,481 | Props total: 649 649
 Matt504 said:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Matt504 again.
 5 years ago '10        #120
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
Pam b00ty>>>>> T.I. career
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy