Biggies Treatment at Bad Boy as told by Mark Curry.

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
103 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
34105 pageviews
144 comments

A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1023 1023
Biggies Treatment at Bad Boy as told by Mark Curry.

I had a chance to check out the book that Mark Curry wrote about his experiences at Bad Boy and working with Puff. It's a good read (hard to put down), and it gives you a glimpse of what went on at Bad Boy, how the death Row fued really started, his recording sessions with Tupac, Puff and Big Meech's relationship, beatinf up Shakir Stewart, his beef with Wolf, and how Big was getting burned like every other Bad Boy artist, olus more topics. It also teaches you about how crazy the industry actually is. There's no illumaniti stuff in it though. It's a long read, so I do expect some "Did Not Read" Gifs lol.

Anyway, here's some interesting excerpts from the book about Biggie...............

Despite his amazing record sales, however, Biggie was not faring much better than his Jamaican-born parents. Like a lot of artists, his contract was worded in such a way that he received little money after a laundry list of “expenses” was deducted. In fact, Biggie resorted to selling dope and homemade duplicates of his CDs from the trunk of his car just to earn spending money. That fact was little known outside of New York. Biggie’s mother, Voletta Wallace, tried to tell him that Puff was a shyster, but Biggie didn’t want to hear it. It’s hard to convince a poor man that the person who put $ 25,000 in his pocket and promises to make him rich is hustling him. By the time Biggie realized that Puff was burning him – he signed a long-term contract in 1993 that enslaved him to Puff – it was too late. *Once Biggie realized that he had been duped not only with the Up-town contract but the Bad Boy deal as well, he started to resent Puff for taking advantage of him. He compared Puff to the con men with whom he had dealt with during his drug-dealing days. “I’m signed for a while,” he said in 1994, “so I’m gonna handle my business. But I really can’t see myself doing this sh-t too much longer because it’s too foul for me. If I want to deal with some foul n*ggas, I’d rather be on the street level, not no business sh-t ’cause they could get over on me.” * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In early 1997, Biggie was crowning the hip hop charts nationally and internationally. Whenever there was an awards show or major hip-hop event that Puff wanted to attend, he insisted on dragging Biggie along. That was the case on March 9, when Soul Train held its annual music awards show in Los Angeles. *According to Puff biographer Ronin Ro, Puff claimed that Biggie wanted to stay in LA for a bit longer and begged him to attend an after party, and also claimed that he made the call to Voletta Wallace after Biggie got shot. * As usual, Puff paints himself in heroic strokes. Puff’s version, like his account of his activities during an earlier tragedy, was riddled with lies. *Biggie didn’t want to attend the Vibe party for a number of reasons. His wife, Faith Evans, was pregnant and they were having marital problems. He was stressed out about his new album. His right leg, injured in a car accident on the New Jersey turnpike, was giving him a lot of pain. Then there was the matter of the occasional anonymous threats against his life in the aftermath of Tupac’s death. Puff, Biggie, and other Bad Boy artists had been hunkered down at a hotel in Los Angeles for nearly a month before the Soul Train awards show. Although they had initially expected trouble from Bloods upon their arrival, things were relatively quiet. Some people think that nothing happened because Suge was still in jail and because Puff kept a low profile. Biggie and Junior M.A.F.I.A. had worked so hard on Puff’s new album that they were exhausted and bored by the time of the show. In fact, Biggie told Puff that he was leaving LA the day after the Soul Train awards to rest and let his leg heal properly.

The first sign of friction began at the Soul Train awards. When Biggie went on stage to accept an award, he was loudly booed by a large group of West Coast rappers. * The negative feedback from the audience reinforced Biggie’s determination to leave Los Angeles the next afternoon. He told Puff that he would go to the studio to finish his verses on the “Victory” track, and then he was going home. * After completing “Victory,” he spent the rest of the session putting the finishing touches on his new album with the ominous title of “Life After death,” Biggie returned to his hotel room and started packing. That’s when the trouble started. * It wasn’t Biggie calling Puff, but rather Puff pleading with Biggie to stay in Los Angeles for one more night. According to knowledgea- ble friends at Bad Boy and members of Junior M.A.F.I.A., Puff called Biggie at least a dozen times. Biggie was adamant that he didn’t want to stick around, but Puff wouldn’t take no for an answer. Despite what his instincts were telling him, Biggie caved in to Puff’s demands. When Biggie agreed to go to the Vibe party with Puff, maybe he thought that it would be the last time that Puff forced him to do something against his will. Maybe this would be his parting gift to the mentor that he was ready to abandon to become a mentor himself. Just as Puff had once bet his dreams on Biggie, Biggie had bet his dreams on making Junior M.A.F.I.A. recording stars. The Soul Train after party was held at the Peterson Automotive Museum on the very busy Wilshire Boulevard. Sponsored by Vibe magazine and Qwest Records (both owned by Quincy Jones), the party was supposed to be a hush-hush affair for VIPs only. The problem with that is that once a VIP-poseur gets invited to an exclusive party, he blabbers about it and before long everybody in town knows about it. When Biggie and Puff arrived at the museum in separate cars, what Biggie saw left him feeling betrayed by Puff. True enough, he saw Quincy Jones, Russell Simmons, Queen Latifah and dozens of other celebrities inside. But the party was hardly private. More than 2,000 uninvited guests were there. The scene outside the club museum was total chaos, and there was no way for his security team and the limited LAPD officers to handle the crowd. To placate the huddled masses and to avoid trouble, security let as many fans in as possible. But in doing so, the museum became over-crowded and someone called police. Within minutes, police and fire f!ghters arrived and demanded that everyone vacate the building. *Puff rode in the car ahead of Biggie. Excessive artificial lighting on Wilshire reminds a visitor of the strip in Las Vegas or Times Square, where the sun never sets. Anyone committing of crime near the museum would most likely be easy to identify due to all the bright lights, so there no was reason for Biggie to feel vulnerable. *While Biggie’s car was waiting at the stoplight, another car pulled up and sprayed him with gunfire. Sure enough, several witnesses said that they got a good look at the shooter, and someone caught part of the shooting on tape. The hit was nearly acarbon copy of the murder of Tupac. When the gunfire ended and the shooters sped away, Puff and the others got out of their vehicles and rushed to Biggie’s car. “Oh, God, please let him pull through,” Puff cried as Biggie struggled to breathe. When Puff tried to close the car door, he couldn’t because Biggie had fallen backward and his leg was in the way of the car door. * Damien Butler, (Biggie’s friend since childhood), and a couple of other dudes helped Puff lift Biggie’s leg upward and push him into the car enough to close the door. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Some people have tried to argue that Biggie might have survived if he had been taken to a hospital that was only two blocks away from * the museum instead of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, which was two miles from the museum. Most people know better. The doctors said that Biggie was probably dead the minute the gunfire stopped. * He had been shot at least seven times in the chest and stomach by a k!ller using a .9mm gun. *Puff also told Ronin Ro that members of Junior M.A.F.I.A. were too grief-stricken to call Biggie’s mother to give her the bad news, so he called her. Once again, that was a lie. Voletta Wallace and other witnesses agree that Puff was a basket case that night. “Puff was freakin’ out,” Li’l Cease said in a recent documentary. Cease said that while he and members of Junior M.A.F.I.A. were trying to figure out how to get Biggie back home, Puff went back to his hotel, grabbed his stuff, and was on a plane for New York in less than three hours. *Ms. Wallace initially refused to believe Damien. She put her sister-in-law on the phone, and Damien yelled through tears that Biggie was dead. * Even then, Ms. Wallace refused to believe it. It was only after she called Faith Evans, Biggie’s wife, that reality began to take hold. Damien, Cease, and the others promised Ms. Wallace that they would remain with Biggie until she arrived at the hospital. When they told her that Puff had already flown back to New York, it only con- firmed for her what she had been trying to tell her only child for years, that Puff’s allegiance was to the almighty dollar, not to him or anyone else. *In an interview the day after Biggie’s funeral, Puff claimed that he and Biggie had been f!ghting to let people know from the very beginning that “we were never with that whole East Coast-West Coast thing, we were not about that,” but police and insiders knew better. *Puff demanded that his artist talk like thugs, walk like thugs, dress like thugs and behave like thugs. When he was asked to explain the type of artists he wanted on his label, he said that he wanted artists with attitudes . . . like they’re mad even when they’re singing.” Although he had grown up on the right side of the tracks, Puff wanted everyone to believe just the opposite. He surrounded himself with social misfits, and he began letting more and more gangsters creep into Bad Boy not only as artists but as managers, bodyguards and rank-and-file employees. *This false bravado may have cost Biggie his life, and gave Puff his first reality check in a long time. “You can have all the success and money in the world, but at the end of the day it really doesn’t mean a thing. I can’t be happy right now because my best friend is dead. I know God doesn’t give you anything you can’t handle, but I’m really struggling with it, man. I’m having a tough time here.” *Within days of the funeral, Puff called Faith Evans and other former and current Bad Boy artists into the studio to cut a single paying homage to Biggie. Using the music from the Police’s hit, “Every Breath You Take,” Faith sang lead vocals on “I’ll Be Missing You,” which was an instant runaway hit following its release in late May 1997. *Puff called Biggie the “founding father of my dream,” the day the song was released. He said that the proceeds from the song would go to a trust fund for Wallace’s three-year-old daughter Tyanna and his seven-month-old son, Christopher. * “I’m going to make sure that I take care of his family for the rest of my life. His family is my family.” *It was typical public relations for Puff, who never showed humility unless his “dream” was in jeopardy or unless he was facing public outrage. He had exploited Biggie in life and now he was exploiting his death. Biggie’s murder was the second time that Puff’s ego and way of doing business had resulted in calamity. The first incident happened at the beginning of his career.

Last edited by A-L-P; 03-10-2013 at 06:29 PM..
Radio Raheem gave props

144 comments for "Biggies Treatment at Bad Boy as told by Mark Curry."

5 years ago '07        #2
A-L-P 8 heat pts OP
space
space
space
At some point before August 1994, a beef developed between Tut and Tupac Shakur. The two hadn’t seen each other for a while until, Tupac recounted, he bumped into Tut and Biggie on the street. Knowing of Tut’s reputation for shooting first and taking names later, Tupac began to reach for his gun when Biggie told him to chill. Tupac granted Biggie’s request, but the exchanged damaged their friendship since Biggie was a friend of his enemy...................................

Dude, you gotta stop telling people that sh*t [about his alleged involvement in the shooting].” As Tupac listened, Rosemond said: “Why you blaming Puffy and Biggie? Them n*ggas ain’t got nothin’ to do with this [the shooting]. . . Nobody came to rob you. They came to discipline you, and that’s what happened.” *The problem with Rosemond’s argument is this: how would he know that the shooters had not come to rob Tupac? * How would he know that their purpose was – as King Tut told a jailhouse informant merely to discipline Tupac? * And third, what did Tupac need disciplining for?

Tupac allegedly became friendly with Faith Evans, who was married to Biggie at the time. He and Suge later gave an interview in which Tupac claimed that he had seduced Faith and Suge claimed that he had an affair with Mysa Hilton, Puff’s former girlfriend and mother of his first child.

Puff and Meech were shooting the breeze one day when Puff started bragging about how much money he had and how many houses he had and how his artists had made him rich for life. “Yeah, you have money,” Meech replied with a stern look on his face, “but everybody else around you is broke. Everybody around me has money.” *The funny thing about that conversation is that Puff was being sued at that very time by the main person who made Bad Boy successful: Kirk Burrowes. *Burrowes had been forced out the company in 1998 but had re- mained quiet because Puff promised to make things right. After five years of waiting, Burrowes concluded that Puff had been lying to him all along. In the July 2003 lawsuit filed in New York, Burrowes revealed for the first time how Puff had come into his office seven years earlier wielding a baseball bat. Burrowes stated that as attorney Kenny Meiselas looked on, Puff demanded that Burrowes sign his twenty-five percent share of Bad Boy over to him. To substantiate his claims of Puff’s dark side, Burrowes also implicated Puff in the 1995 shooting of Big Jake in Los Angeles. * The k!lling was done by members of a group known as the “enterprise,” Burrowes charged, who sought “to gain power, recognition, fame and financial gain through acts and threats involving murder, mayhem and extortion.” Burrowes alleged that there was evidence linking Puff to the murder of Tupac Shakur in 1996. This charge interested federal investigators because they were already exploring Puff’s relationship with Walter “King Tut” Johnson, the main suspect in the shooting of Tu- pac at Quad Studios in 1994. Predictably, Puff and his high-priced lawyers dismissed the law- suit as fantasy. “Burrowes hasn’t been employed for seven years,” Puff told reporters, “and now he makes up a fictional story for financial gain.” *And the media, as usual, swallowed Puff’s reply without even one person asking him why so many people had claimed in recent years to have been threatened or a.ssaulted by the record mogul.

Last edited by A-L-P; 03-10-2013 at 06:39 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #3
Chief Dee 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,703 | Props total: 134 134
Hol' up, so Puff Daddy booked it out of Los Angeles and left Junior Mafia out there in LA to die? What would have happened if the shooters came back looking for Lil Cease and JM?
 5 years ago '07        #4
A-L-P 8 heat pts OP
space
space
space
 Im Soo Special said:
At some point before August 1994, a beef developed between Tut and Tupac Shakur. The two hadn’t seen each other for a while until, Tupac recounted, he bumped into Tut and Biggie on the street. Knowing of Tut’s reputation for shooting first and taking names later, Tupac began to reach for his gun when Biggie told him to chill. Tupac granted Biggie’s request, but the exchanged damaged their friendship since Biggie was a friend of his enemy...................................

but i never heard of this cuz i read pac didnt found out about tut until he went to jail
Tut is one of Puffy's partner, and it happened after Pac and Jack fell out when Pac had reason to believe Jack was a government informant. Tut, Jack, Henchme, and four other Haitian dudes were hanging around the Bad Boy camp during that time.

Last edited by A-L-P; 03-10-2013 at 06:39 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #5
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
$19,663 | Props total: 4503 4503
its crazy how much of a snake puffy is, this n*gga is the black devil in the industry
 5 years ago '13        #6
HipHopFactz 437 heat pts437
space
space
$31,079 | Props total: 38460 38460
 Chief Dee said:
Hol' up, so Puff Daddy booked it out of Los Angeles and left Junior Mafia out there in LA to die? What would have happened if the shooters came back looking for Lil Cease and JM?
Puff was shook scared, just saw Biggy die rite infront of him, he ran away back home to NY and left everyone else to die

"fend for uself, i'm outta here"

anyone who says puff is a gangsta makes me laugh, dude surrounded himself with gangstas for an "image", soon as sh*t got real, he ran away
 03-10-2013, 06:57 PM         #7
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HipHopFactz said:
Puff was shook scared, just saw Biggy die rite infront of him, he ran away back home to NY and left everyone else to die

"fend for uself, i'm outta here"

anyone who says puff is a gangsta makes me laugh, dude surrounded himself with gangstas for an "image", soon as sh*t got real, he ran away
Puff was in the other car, not right in front of him.
 5 years ago '13        #8
space
space
 s7venwords said:
Puff was in the other car, not right in front of him.
dawgie u know what i mean, Puff saw Bigs car lit up, got out the car, opened the door and BIG was sitting there dead rite infront of him
 03-10-2013, 07:23 PM         #9
Ninobrown12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damit man
 5 years ago '04        #10
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,325 | Props total: 2476 2476
I hope one day it all catches up to puff
 5 years ago '13        #11
space
space
Puff Daddy at the airport heading back to NY

[pic - click to view]

While Jada, Styles, Cease and JM were left stranded in LA

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #12
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,664 | Props total: 5349 5349
good shyt .
 5 years ago '06        #13
Jhnnyblz427 175 heat pts175
space
space
$35,300 | Props total: 18237 18237
messy marv stan gave props

03-10-2013, 07:42 PM         #15
Ninobrown12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tupacnasfan said:
He will get his karma one day.
Karma ain't real homie
 5 years ago '10        #16
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 Ninobrown12 said:
Karma ain't real homie
if their is an afterlife he will get his
 5 years ago '04        #17
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,490 | Props total: 2727 2727
was it mase who did an interview a few months ago and said that some people at bad boy werent about that life ...that biggie got k!lled and nobody ride for him

i wonder if he was talking about puffy leaving LA
 5 years ago '10        #18
kiddrocay 27 heat pts27
space
space
 gimmethat said:
was it mase who did an interview a few months ago and said that some people at bad boy werent about that life ...that biggie got k!lled and nobody ride for him

biggie was worth more to puffy dead than alive

you seen his snake ish, he will talk all over his songs just to get a cut and ish

with him dead all the profit is going straight to him
 5 years ago '04        #19
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 1040 1040
Need to take this with a pinch of salt because its yet another version of a story from a disgruntled former employee, although puffys track record of piling up such "disgruntled" employees also makes ppl biased.

Two things: n*ggaz dont know nothin about contracts. They quick to vilify the "industry" and the so-called slavery contracts they sign to, but they have no idea how business transactions are carried out. They are not educated in the business of recording industry and the general operations of financing any art form. If youre truly gifted, the only way for you to get fully compensated for your hard work is to do it on your own. Your own money, your own distribution, your own venue. Once you get other peoples money involved to finance your kick start your career, you are a debtor. A debtor is a slave to the lender. Period. Street n*ggaz never seem to be able to grasp that concept.

Also, why is ms. Wallace continue to fu*k with puff after all this? I was surprised to hear her telling lil cease and lil kim to fall back when the Duets album dropped and the junior mafia was sour that they werent "invited" to participate in milking the late christopher's legacy. She called that bullsh*t of an album a "beautiful cd" and told cease and them to shut they mouth. Is she only about the dollar too? Even if she was like that, i cant picture a mother still tolerating a motherfu*ker that put her son in the line of fire and bounced with tha swiftness when it all went down.
 5 years ago '13        #20
space
space
 gimmethat said:
Yup recent Mase interview with MTV, he was there in LA with BIG that night, he said after BIG died he saw what the real deal was, nobody riding for BIG den who;s gonna ride for Mase
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now