Adrien Broner vs Paulie Malignaggi[6-22-13][HBO]

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
53 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winnner
AB by ko 4 33.33%
AB by decision 5 41.67%
draw 1 8.33%
PM by ko 0 0%
PM by dec 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 years ago '09        #241
wettems35 
space
space
space
$1,118 | Props total: 405 405
 RustyLorcin said:
You cant just stand in front of someone whos throwing hard digging shots to the body, paulie, demarco, reese those guys cant punch for sh*t. Broner has no punching power, slow work rate and just stands in front of you.... I think broners corner ends up throwing the towel against this current version of pac (out of prime), he still has too much speed and power, there will be broken ribs and eye sockets and it wont be pretty.

Funny that you tried to play rios by calling him david diaz, im not sure if broner can beat him either, rios looks like a favorite if they face each other though.

There's a reason why he's being put in the ring with limited f!ghters, you can start to see a pattern actually, he's being protected by Haymon because the moment he gets beat the fu*k down the money stops coming.

The guy is not floyd, he's more like a bizarro version of andre berto with less skills and no pop.
i thought broner would pick rios apart. im not so sure about that now.
And skipping one of the best divisions in boxing was a smart move
 4 years ago '13        #242
Slickster90 
space
space
$1,582 | Props total: 1088 1088
f!ght went the way I expected, I thought Broner would get Paulie in trouble here and there though and he never did...

Broner fought the way he has always fought, high guard, behind the shoulder, picks his shots and walks his opponent down...problem with that is if you f!ght a moving target ur not gonna look as good unless u have Mayweather-like accuracy....

Broner and Floyd f!ght very different...Floyd would not let feather-fisted Malignaggi even touch him, and Floyd is more accurate like I said...

Broner didn't look impressive but this was his first step up in class, he's 23, he can improve, but stop with the Mayweather comparisons just cuz they both use the shoulder roll...

Floyd is a defensive minded f!ghter with very good offense...Broner is a offensive minded f!ghter with good defense (I wouldn't say great)...
 4 years ago '08        #243
RustyLorcin 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$3,464 | Props total: 593 593
 wettems35 said:
i thought broner would pick rios apart. im not so sure about that now.
And skipping one of the best divisions in boxing was a smart move

[video - click to view]

It's a big step up from reese and paulie thundering shots to the body
 4 years ago '13        #244
Slickster90 
space
space
$1,582 | Props total: 1088 1088
Broner's style should attract more fans though, he will certainly try to get you your money's worth...Floyd is all about self-preservation, he's not gonna allow himself to take a great deal of punishment...Broner wants to hurt his opponent, Floyd plays it safe...

Broner is a jerk but boxing fans don't like nice guys lets be real...if they did why doesn't anyone give Andre Ward any praise? The guy hasn't lost a f!ght since he was 14, and was a Gold medal winner
 4 years ago '04        #245
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,090 | Props total: 614 614
Real talk broner lot last night.

Paulie may have thrown bullsh*t punches.... but he threw more.

Broner may have walked Paulie down but paulie was much more busier and active f!ghter.

Broner isn't elite he went toe to toe with Malignaggi for 12 rounds. Khan beat Malignaggi's a.ss. I mean he destroyed him.

Broner is on danny garcia and Zab Judah's level like one tier below them. Both f!ghters would beat Broners a.ss.

Zab vs Broner would be a good f!ght or him vs Khan. No disrespect to Malignaggi but he's always been lower top welterweight or a top 15 boxer.

After watching that last match I have no problem believing that Errol Spence beat Broner's a.ss in Sparring. Not hard to believe at all.
 4 years ago '09        #246
wettems35 
space
space
space
$1,118 | Props total: 405 405
 Slickster90 said:
Broner's style should attract more fans though, he will certainly try to get you your money's worth...Floyd is all about self-preservation, he's not gonna allow himself to take a great deal of punishment...Broner wants to hurt his opponent, Floyd plays it safe...

Broner is a jerk but boxing fans don't like nice guys lets be real...if they did why doesn't anyone give Andre Ward any praise? The guy hasn't lost a f!ght since he was 14, and was a Gold medal winner
I agree that broner is fun to watch. He's good for boxing. Hopefully haymon puts him up against some of his other good f!ghters. Looks like garcia will f!ght matthyse, which shows al is willing to put his f!ghters up in hard scraps. But broner's is being molded into a star which means theyll play it a little safer
 4 years ago '05        #247
tokinjohn 2290 heat pts2290
space
space
$11,876 | Props total: 52162 52162
 bigsyke19 said:
hey were you there when banks/mitchell was going on? i heard a f!ght broke out in the crowd but they never turned the camera to it.
Yea some spanish looking cats was in the mix.., couple other f!ghts behind paulies corner...
 06-23-2013, 03:00 PM         #248
bigsyke19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4 years ago '08        #249
space
space
space
 bigsyke19 said:
That's all wrong though because Paulie's pitty pats to the body should count as effective punches, Broner was open all day for those.

If you rewatch the f!ght almost everything Paulie threw landed, but that's the thing how do you score those shots? they land but aren't effective because he doesn't even turn his fists or puts any lower body behind them.
 4 years ago '07        #252
killa55 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$2,133 | Props total: 122 122
 Slickster90 said:
f!ght went the way I expected, I thought Broner would get Paulie in trouble here and there though and he never did...

Broner fought the way he has always fought, high guard, behind the shoulder, picks his shots and walks his opponent down...problem with that is if you f!ght a moving target ur not gonna look as good unless u have Mayweather-like accuracy....

Broner and Floyd f!ght very different...Floyd would not let feather-fisted Malignaggi even touch him, and Floyd is more accurate like I said...

Broner didn't look impressive but this was his first step up in class, he's 23, he can improve, but stop with the Mayweather comparisons just cuz they both use the shoulder roll...

Floyd is a defensive minded f!ghter with very good offense...Broner is a offensive minded f!ghter with good defense (I wouldn't say great)...

Pretty much sums up my a.ssessment of the f!ght. Slightly disappointed Broner didn't knock him out or at least have him in trouble more. To Paulie's credit he showed alot of heart his face was pretty battered in the presser after the f!ght. Broner still hasn't been forced to really box his opponents yet. He is still just relying on physical attributes rather than technical aptitude. Very flat footed and does not show alot of movement. I do think that the activity of Paulie was slightly a factor but not to the extent that I hoped. Broner's defense was the one silver lining in the f!ght as it looks to have improved but again Paulie has no power so how much is yet to be determined. Before this f!ght Broner was on the verge of moving in the upper tiers but this f!ght has shown that he has more work to do to reach that level. f!ghting someone like Maidana may bring out the best of Broner or show that he was protected for a reason and overrated.
 4 years ago '08        #253
space
space
space
Honestly Haymon should just cash out on Broner and use him to build an up and coming f!ghter, I don't really see anything but an L if he steps up to the next level, I would use Broner to build up Thurman and then have Thurman (will win) f!ght the winner of Garcia and Mathysse which effectively creates a new challenger for Floyd, Broners stock is never going to be higher than now and Haymon manages all of this guys. It's better for Thurman to get the exposure than some random has been like Victor Ortiz or even Zab Judah (they both can beat Broner too).

Last edited by RustyLorcin; 06-23-2013 at 10:23 PM..
 4 years ago '07        #254
killa55 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
 RustyLorcin said:
Honestly Haymon should just cash out on Broner and use him to build an up and coming f!ghter, I don't really see anything but an L if he steps up to the next level, I would use Broner to build up Thurman and then have Thurman (will win) f!ght the winner of Garcia and Mathysse which effectively creates a new challenger for Floyd, Broners stock is never going to be higher than now.
I think Thurman will have his time but in terms of pure potential especially when it comes to being marketable, Broner is the future for them. He already has some drawing power when it comes to ratings. He pulled in 1.5 million viewers for Gavin Rees. He got more money than a Champion f!ghting in his hometown last night. He also brings mainstream appeal/attention to the sport with his persona. Just look back look at how hard HBO was pushing him. They wanted in on that train from the very beginning. Now that is the overall picture if you are talking about pure boxing ability I think he has the tools but definitely needs a live body in there that would be a real threat to give him an L. That trial by fire would be to see if he rises to the occasion or gets exposed but I don't think we can make that determination until he sees a real opponent.
 4 years ago '08        #255
space
space
space
 killa55 said:
I think Thurman will have his time but in terms of pure potential especially when it comes to being marketable, Broner is the future for them. He already has some drawing power when it comes to ratings. He pulled in 1.5 million viewers for Gavin Rees. He got more money than a Champion f!ghting in his hometown last night. He also brings mainstream appeal/attention to the sport with his persona. Just look back look at how hard HBO was pushing him. They wanted in on that train from the very beginning. Now that is the overall picture if you are talking about pure boxing ability I think he has the tools but definitely needs a live body in there that would be a real threat to give him an L. That trial by fire would be to see if he rises to the occasion or gets exposed but I don't think we can make that determination until he sees a real opponent.
IMO Broner is the wrong type of dude to represent the black community, you know why his ratings are high? because he's a stereotypical **** and america loves to see that sh*t, Thurman is an articulate dude and is a master of his craft. Another great boxing role model is Austin Trout, Sorry Broner is a scumbag and is just a matter of time before his cherry gets popped and we don't hear about him anymore.
 4 years ago '07        #256
killa55 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
 RustyLorcin said:
IMO Broner is the wrong type of dude to represent the black community, you know why his ratings are high? because he's a stereotypical **** and america loves to see that sh*t, Thurman is an articulate dude and is a master of his craft. Another great boxing role model is Austin Trout, Sorry Broner is a scumbag and is just a matter of time before his cherry gets popped and we don't hear about him anymore.
Great argument on his character and him being a rolemodel and im not saying that I disagree but the fact remains that is not going to be taken in to account by Haymon for marketing. I read a great quote the other day its not why they watch as long as they are watching. And that is how Haymon is going to line his pockets. That potential that is coming to fruition already is why they are going to keep pushing him and not use him as a stepping stone for someone else like Broner.

On another note great blog post I read today about Broner sharing both or our views.
 4 years ago '07        #257
killa55 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
the f!ght did 1.3 million. Broner now has the two highest broadcasts of the year.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago