Napster, Kazaa and Morpheus seems like forever ago

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
77 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
133 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #101
fkucdaw0rld 
space
space
space
$669 | Props total: 6 6
damn i remember using limewire to download limewire lite, thinking i was the fu*king man....the beginning of my pirating days....fml this is bringing back so many memories...missing the days before the industry had any idea how to control anything going on that sh*t, n*ggas was getting away with grand larceny on a daily basis and sh*t...my heart is crying right now
 5 years ago '04        #102
fkucdaw0rld 
space
space
space
 JickBangz said:
I never said mirc but what I said was that at the time so many people was downloading.... well stuff.

That nearly every pc had a virus at that time. Not by mirc but everyone was using lime wire and stuff at that point where no one's pc was safe. n*ggas had to put they pc to the shop and all of that back then. Now with things like windows 7 you can easily restore from previous days and stuff, if you ever get a bad virus. With macs, them sh*ts are virus proof practically.

But the bigger question is do y'all remember how much room y'all pc had back then?

Now a days, n*ggas got 500 gb in a computer but back then my pc had probably only 150 gb and im being generous lol.

I dont even think n*ggas had flashdrives back then. Only floppy disk is what I had.

omfg n*gga wat are u talking about 150gb?? my first household pc had fu*king 1.5 gigs on it, no lie...i remember borrowing a cd game from my teacher and not being able to play it smoothly because i only had a 6x CD-ROM drive so the sh*t would be all slow and sh*t....fml that computer was horrible, fu*king korea town piece of sh*t...i was in 6th grade back then...i still remember finally getting the internet connected and my brother, sisters and me had no idea what website to even go to...we just went to yahoo and sh*t...i used to fu*k with them yahoo games HEAVY...spades, checkers, holy sh*t...the wave of memories is drowning me, im about to slit my wrists fu*k this im out
 5 years ago '04        #103
NORTE 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,173 | Props total: 1082 1082
audiogalaxy was my fav. ....would take my friends to the library and have them select songs online at the school and the audiogalaxy satellite on my computer would start to dl the songs at home. it was by far the best.
 03-10-2013, 03:53 AM         #104
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daman729 said:
Limewire: Pretty good and had the most files in my opinion but too many viruses.
Limewire was the sh*t, but you dead right about the viruses it contained.

sh*t fu*ked up my old desktop comp plenty of times

Some sick a.ss n*ggaz was sharing child pr0n thru them sh*ts trying to a get one pedo n*gga caught-up
 5 years ago '05        #105
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,240 | Props total: 9646 9646
WinMX for the music.... Kazaa with the video previews as you download for the

Praying to God nobody called while i downloaded

Hoping for multiple tracks finished before i wake up

Waking up to only a few completed and the guy that i was downloading from had gone offline hours ago

I ended up finding a forum thanks to WinMX (
[spoiler - click to view]

) and that's when my WinMX/Kazaa downloading days came to a near complete hault.
 03-10-2013, 12:49 PM         #106
Tyrant Noir  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 moth818 said:
Realestn*ggas was the sh*t

Burning music to CDs... What's that?

P2P networks.. So many nuts busted and so much music downloaded.

Last edited by Tyrant Noir; 03-10-2013 at 12:59 PM..
 03-10-2013, 01:01 PM         #107
Drum Gang Joe C  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao 10 years old downloadin chronicles of the juiceman
 5 years ago '07        #108
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
I remember listening to songs with 128 kbps and would bump that sh*t so hard! Nowadays if it's not 320 kbps, I ain't even touching it.
 03-10-2013, 01:16 PM         #109
blafy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CarlozRossi said:

[pic - click to view]

i use to fu*k with this before itunes.
Me too, and I hated every single fu*king second of that sh*t. But used it to burn Cds

mistadontplay said:
damn you young as sh*t. Napster and kazaa was where it was at though they had the most of everything. Napster had everything If harold and kumar was on there then that sh*t was around way after i started using forums hubs and torrents...no torrents no mo tho but that sh*t ended when i was bout 21 or 22. napster came in handy in college with that good ol T3 connection.
Im 26 years old

I did not know Napster until everything with it ended, also I did not have a computer at the time.
 5 years ago '13        #110
Guvnor 1122 heat pts1122
space
space
$43,263 | Props total: 12305 12305
 daman729 said:

Bruh I remember that sh*t. You couldn't even go to your friend's house and use their computer cause their sh*t had infections too. Plus people back then had them slow a.ss xp computers with 512 mb RAM. Time a virus hit that bi*ch, the whole dam computer froze and you couldn't do sh*t cause the RAM space was so small to begin with. Nowdays n*ggas got 7GB RAM and a terabyte of space and like you said, now you can just easily restore the computer back to an earlier date.
Word, That was the crazy thing about it too. You had projects do and had to go to the library and stuff just cause you ruined your pc for some songs. Im glad that part of those days are over though.
 Esdot said:
old computer had 32gb hdd and 512mb ram.
Thats Crazy bro! I have this old Windows ME computer in the crib and it's probably about that size of memory and ram or worse.

That joint still works too but is slow like a snail and sh*t, even in the old days it was slow, but today it's a damn embarrassment. It's a compaq joint too. Im not sure if I should save it or throw it away, but I will check out the specs of it.

I know it could be worth something in awhile cause compaq is no longer out their, at least I don't think so.
 fkucdaw0rld said:
omfg n*gga wat are u talking about 150gb?? my first household pc had fu*king 1.5 gigs on it, no lie...i remember borrowing a cd game from my teacher and not being able to play it smoothly because i only had a 6x CD-ROM drive so the sh*t would be all slow and sh*t....fml that computer was horrible, fu*king korea town piece of sh*t...i was in 6th grade back then...i still remember finally getting the internet connected and my brother, sisters and me had no idea what website to even go to...we just went to yahoo and sh*t...i used to fu*k with them yahoo games HEAVY...spades, checkers, holy sh*t...the wave of memories is drowning me, im about to slit my wrists fu*k this im out
Lol I said I was being generous. But n*ggas had to get them flopy disk and when the time came even blank cd's like a mofo. Also had to constantly delete files after awhile.

5 years ago '06        #111
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
space
$13,456 | Props total: 2648 2648
 Fresh Whyte said:
...KaZaA Was A n*gga Supplier Back Then. Damn....fu*k A Limewire & Bearshare, Those Was Knockoffs of KaZaA When They Went Down.

Watching BET Uncut and Looking Up The Songs at Night

I Remember Them Making The News and Everybody That Was Downloadin From Them Was Finna Get Hit With A Fine. sh*t Had Me Shook sh*t When I Was Youngster.
Kazaa was a knock of amorphous

bbrossy313 said:
when someone calls the house your like

then it took like 5 days to dl a full pr0no so u rewind the first 5 min n preview over n over
i memorized so many first 2 min pr0n scenes that them sh*ts are imbedded into my memory

Jinusean said:
Damn... The memories... Using Limewire to get Limewire Pro for Fre using the program itself
Coppin underground music no one ever heard of before then bragging about i
I thought i only did this... and no one appreciated this sh*t like n*ggaz who like Dance hall/ raggae/ underground south music/ and gogo

they had every single gogo song thinkable and now i cant find sh*t

Rawfury said:
Remember trying to download a song and it was some other bs or fake download. Pissed me off to no end
i had this one that was this dude pretending to be george bush or bill clinton on it

Di Warlord said:
gone are the days of dial up AOL 6.0 and above

I remember Limewire back in the day, downloaded like 3000 dancehall songs with that, and some other stuff

then my friend from school put me onto frostwire

wildout44 said:
kids these days really have no idea.

soulseek was that sh*t but not many people knew about it. was downloading whole albums off that sh*t.

and what yall know about AOL chatrooms? getting chicks to send you pics in 1 chat and getting music and dreamcast games in the next.

ahhh the good ol' days......

i remember i use to have to look at the tracklistings to download albums right... i got the leaked college dropout (it had heavy hitters on it, good morning america, getting out the game)
only thing i hated about soul seek was you could only download 1 song at a time, but they had ALBUMS!!! like u type in a persons name and they will have all the albums with all the songs in the proper order. ill just click the ones i wanted... download

I think it stated from napster then went to morphious and then to kazaa and limewire, frostwire bear share

but no one used Ares?
 03-10-2013, 08:01 PM         #112
Triple3Rydah  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
#salute WinMX! r.i.p.
 5 years ago '05        #113
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
Napster, Kazaa, imesh, morpheus, mirc, winmx man i used all that sh*t back in the day. fu*kin dial up days man i dont miss that sh*t
 5 years ago '12        #114
OrangeSoda 98 heat pts98
space
space
space
$14,611 | Props total: 5639 5639
 messymarv129 said:
and how do we use to play all these songs with??.... WINamp
damn....

winamp... u just took it way back with that one

im surprised ares galaxy wasnt listed. i think that sh*ts still around.

Last edited by OrangeSoda; 03-11-2013 at 08:32 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #115
fkucdaw0rld 
space
space
space
 grapedrank said:
damn....

winamp... u just took it way back with that one

im surprised ares galaxy wasnt listed. i think that sh*ts still around.
sh*t i still use winamp to listen to music on my sh*t, idgsf....not even winamp 3 or anything either, same old school skin and i love it as much as always lol
 5 years ago '12        #116
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,853 | Props total: 3482 3482
On 'Kazaa' I remeber I downloaded a fake 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin' album about a month before it dropped that was actually just a bunch of old unreleased 50 Cent songs... I threw 'In The Club' on there, burned a bunch of copies and made about $100.00 at school selling them, when the real album dropped n*ggas were at my head
 5 years ago '06        #117
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
 datVAkid said:
i memorized so many first 2 min pr0n scenes that them sh*ts are imbedded into my memory
real post right here. there is still this scene I have in my head.. that I will always remember. smh. like that was the beginning of it all lmao

songs took so long.. but thats where you would find the rarest sh*t. I used to love Kazaa.

I remember downloading pr0n on that 56k modem using napster/kazaa. waitin 10 hours for a 10 min clip.
those were the good ol days.
was I the only one thatw ould look up crazy 9/11 videos and crazy gore like a fu*kin psycho? lol

Last edited by Da Realness; 03-11-2013 at 01:13 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #118
Jae_Hood_354 135 heat pts135
space
space
$8,524 | Props total: 3307 3307
fu*king mirc i used to use that sh*t
 5 years ago '05        #119
kronzsw 52 heat pts52
space
space
$6,133 | Props total: 9872 9872
what you guys know about RNS?
 5 years ago '07        #120
SCRIP1ONER 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,375 | Props total: 67 67
 kronzsw said:
what you guys know about RNS?
i kno all about that scene but before that i went through my phases with napstar, kazaa, and morpheus.. i used to leave 20-30 mp3's downloading overnight on my weak a.ss dialup only to wakeup to 4 tracks finished before it disconnected sometime during the night
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
147 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
95 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
45 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
117 comments
1 day ago